The thing you hate most about this generation (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
What ticks you off the most about this generation? (This is for all consoles + Pc by the way) For me it would have to be the fact that devs are using a 'better online multiplayer experience' on consoles as an excuse for a crappy singleplayer with no depth or even half interesting storyline. When I first played Halo:CE, I was actually interested in the storyline, but through the series the story for me just kept on degrading and it just becamse increasingly obvious that Bungie weren't even trying when it came to the SP. Sure online mp is fun, but it should be an addition to the singleplayer experience. It shouldn't replace it. It gets even worse with SOCOM. SOCOM was hell fun to play mp, but the singleplayer was epic (IMO). When you see a game that releases on consoles with no singleplayer whatsoever it brings to mind Battlefield 2. And a console will never be able to take on a PC when it comes to online gaming. I think slowly we (gamers) are missing out on those epic storylines and funny moments in singleplayer modes to make way for a bunch of FPS clones online that all play more or less the same.
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
I hate the prices and I hate how everything has to be mutiplayer. They should make more SP games...
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

I think developers are trying to focus too much on a lasting multiplayer experiance, so I definatly want more single player games, very few FPS games still focus primarily on single player, and even then their more open world, I'd like more like Half Life.

The other is gimmicks and more evident shovelware then before.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
The lack of balanced games for competitive play. Seems only Blizzards cares anymore.
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts
I would say too much focus on multiplayer and graphics, and SERIOUS lack of innovation. For example, take a look at the latest games and new games coming out - 99% of them are sequels. Gaming is in a "Hollywood"-state right now - pretty graphics and rehashed sequels. If there ever is a original/innovative game, it doesn't sell because most people would rather play rehashed crap. The last few years have been pretty disappointing for me.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

More great SINGLEPLAYER Experiences. Online should be an extra, and although it's great, I want to be wowed Zelda/MetalGear/God of War Style.

The fact that LittleBIGPlanet uses Online differently is welcome though, I am just sick of the Battlefield,COD type stuff. Also,now more RockBand/GH games for awhile.

IF both companies are serious about their latest offerings, then DLC should be enough for us.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

1. $60 games. This generation's games aren't worth $40, much less $60.

2. Most games end up disappointing, and are delayed relentlessly (about every game has been delayed).

3. Not enough action-adventure/platforming games. Every game is a shooter.

4. Not enough JRPGs... we don't even have a Final Fantasy yet.

5. Downloadable content. Not bad if it comes out 6 months later and is like a map pack or something, but it's getting too ridiculous. Now they are charging money for difficulty levels! (ie Mega Man 9)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
What do i hate most?

Nothing really.
DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 DivinitySkate
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts
I hate the new mentality of devlopers and gamers alike. Saying that a games need like 100 player multiplayer and that you need 4+ player co-op. That's really just dumb...
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts
CAAAASSSSSUUUUUAAAAALLLLLLLLSSSS!
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16020 Posts

Downloadable content. There are recent games like Ninja Gaiden 2 and Pain: Amusement park that have dlc which should have been included in the real game. The mission mode and extra costumes/characters are just designed to milk people.

Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts

Downloadable Content is the worst thing ever. No one is ever going to change my mind on that.

Also, I want to see new Original Platforms: instead of sequels every year.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Seeing franchises I have been playing for ages - like Rainbow Six, get turned into the travesty that is Vegas, amoung other things.
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
I'm tired of every game being made for morons. Were gamers give us some depth.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
Fanboys.
ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

Games need to have a balance between single player and Multiplayer.

RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RobNBankz
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts

Buying a PS3.

At first I refused to get a 360 because I used to be a hardcore Sony fanboy, then they announced a $600 system so I said forget it, I'm not dropping $600 on a video game console. I went to BestBuy and then I passed the 360 section, saw Gears of War and I really liked the cover so I decided I would just get a 360 w/ Gears at the same time. Ever since then I have enjoyed my 360 so much that I bought a PS3 for it's exclusives but I'm too busy playing 360. I still haven't played MGS4 or LittleBigPlanet.

GinoNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 GinoNYC
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

Anything Nintendo-related.

$10 extra for games. EA is posting like $310 million worth of losses, so it seems paying 10 extra bucks for games is pointless. And why are strategy guides now $20? They used to be $15, as recent as 2006. Where's the explanation for that, huh? We were told games were $10 more because of development costs, but they quietly bumped up strategy guide prices too. What, the price of printing paper mysteriously jumped up now?

Limited Editions. Laaaame. Usually they have a boring making-of DVD that you'll watch once and never look at again, artwork that you can look at online for free, or a cheap action figure that looks alright but definitely not the worth the price. Just another way for publishers to milk you even more.

And the #2 worst thing (after Nintendo): GENRE CHANGES.

KOTOR now = MMO. Eww.

Banjo now = vehicle game. Eww.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
What do I hate about this gen? Pretty much everything. Aside from a few Wii and PC games I've enjoyed, I have to say this is the worst gen I've experienced.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
What do I hate about this gen? Pretty much everything. Aside from a few Wii and PC games I've enjoyed, I have to say this is the worst gen I've experienced.