The System Wars Awards 2013 Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by mems_1224 (45800 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin: I apologise for my naivety about this... But I was actually only vaguely aware of your channel, I mean I knew it existed, but had no idea what videos you did.... You now have a new subscriber!

no problem dude, I don't really spam it like I used to around here cos of the new sig rules. I do a big range of videos from acting like an idiot (GTA V) to a more serious side (DayZ)

but that's awesome :D thank you for the support

32,000+ subscribers, that's nowt to be sniffed at lad. Do you get paid for your vids?

Yeah it's pretty crazy and it keeps going up by like 300+ everyday.

I do get paid but not as much as everyone seems to think haha

Your DayZ videos make me really really want to buy DayZ right now.

#202 Edited by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

Sys Wars Awards=Joke!

I'm no longer counting votes!

#203 Posted by _Matt_ (8793 posts) -

Sys Wars Awards=Joke!

Why? Because you're not eligible to vote?

Perhaps if you weren't using an alt, then you would have been able to.

#204 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Ah fair cop, that's pretty good.

Btw, your video talking to EV was hilarious.

haha thanks man, glad you liked it. Evie's always good for a quick laugh now and then, I try to keep her in rotation

Your DayZ videos make me really really want to buy DayZ right now.

DayZ is pretty CrayZ (see what I did?) with friends, there's some really great fun to be had. I'd say if you have buddies you can team up with then go for it, otherwise being alone can be boring after a while and you don't really stand a chance against a group of bandits.

But those DayZ videos take a LONG time to do, it may look a bit skewed when it's edited like that. Each 20 minute video is like 4 hours of recording because most of the game is just wandering around or looting.

#206 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

lawl nobody gives a shit enough to vote. It's 2014 already, so when are these votes going to be counted?

#207 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

Sys Wars Awards=Joke!

So whose alt are you?

#208 Edited by lundy86_4 (42663 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

lawl nobody gives a shit enough to vote. It's 2014 already, so when are these votes going to be counted?

2015... You know how these work. Users have a willy, and it all gets recounted :P

#209 Edited by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

2015... You know how these work. Users have a willy, and it all gets recounted :P

D'oh!

#210 Posted by lundy86_4 (42663 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

D'oh!

It's a shame :(

#211 Posted by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

Stevo, you may want to put a time and date on final voting. I'd say a week at max, 4 days at the lowest. Usually prompts people to vote and we can see if a deadline will make people show up.

#212 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3244 posts) -

Definitely not much voting going on.

#213 Edited by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

Most people wait until we give them a deadline. I know quite a few people who are going to vote, but haven't yet.

#214 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3244 posts) -
#215 Edited by _Matt_ (8793 posts) -
#216 Posted by Blabadon (25258 posts) -

It's about spurring users who don't vote because they don't know other users or view this as a popularity contest to vote this year. In the year's past, we had enough voters otherwise, so much so that someone snitched and got this locked lel.

#217 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Most people wait until we give them a deadline. I know quite a few people who are going to vote, but haven't yet.

and how many won't know the deadline has been implemented (because how little traffic this place gets now) and will end up missing it?

#218 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27233 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

It's about spurring users who don't vote because they don't know other users or view this as a popularity contest to vote this year. In the year's past, we had enough voters otherwise, so much so that someone snitched and got this locked lel.

My guess is you'll see a few bloc votes just before closing trying to en masse win for certain people.

#219 Edited by TheEroica (13074 posts) -

SWA's are one of my favorite times of the year. So much fun and drama all rolled up. C'mon people... Vote!

#220 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

My guess is you'll see a few bloc votes just before closing trying to en masse win for certain people.

Most likely, or some people will put in a few categories for people they like and ignore the vast majority because there's just too many and it deters people from voting. It certainly put me off for a while

#221 Posted by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

@DarkLink77 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

and how many won't know the deadline has been implemented (because how little traffic this place gets now) and will end up missing it?

Usually, we update the thread title with "Voting Closes on this day at this time."

#222 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Usually, we update the thread title with "Voting Closes on this day at this time."

Hopefully that'll be the kick in the pants then

#223 Posted by jg4xchamp (46683 posts) -

You need to actually have a community to like have an award thing. Just saying. Let's be real you've all been dancing around bringing up that part of the equation. There are people in caskets not as dead as System Wars is sometimes.

#224 Posted by uninspiredcup (6951 posts) -

Excellent, it shows maturity.

#225 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

I'll only vote, if i'm allowed to put Xaerogravity on everything

#226 Posted by super600 (29967 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

No.

#227 Edited by Badosh (12725 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Yes.

#228 Posted by Lucianu (9288 posts) -

You need to actually have a community to like have an award thing. Just saying. Let's be real you've all been dancing around bringing up that part of the equation. There are people in caskets not as dead as System Wars is sometimes.

It would help if the staff weren't bent on letting the forums rot and die.

#229 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12847 posts) -

It was like this in school. I use to be scared to go PE swimming because fat boys such as myself had breasts. Having to make up excuses about forgetting your kit was totally undignified. The PE teacher knew it was lie. But he didn't care. He was a rather heartless soul.

lol.

#230 Edited by lostrib (31794 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

It was like this in school. I use to be scared to go PE swimming because fat boys such as myself had breasts. Having to make up excuses about forgetting your kit was totally undignified. The PE teacher knew it was lie. But he didn't care. He was a rather heartless soul.

lol.

wtf

#231 Posted by mems_1224 (45800 posts) -

What do you mean there is no community? There are like 20 new accounts each day! lol

#232 Edited by lostrib (31794 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

What do you mean there is no community? There are like 20 new accounts each day! lol

That are probably like the same 5 people. I swear that the majority of SW is just like 4 or 5 different trolls with multiple alts

#234 Edited by TheEroica (13074 posts) -

@lostrib: I can confirm that pedal to the metal is just Heil making up 3 voices each show... I've actually never been on the show.

#235 Posted by super600 (29967 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Most of those are alt accounts.

#236 Posted by mems_1224 (45800 posts) -

@super600 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

#237 Posted by jg4xchamp (46683 posts) -

lol

#238 Posted by lundy86_4 (42663 posts) -

Super is aware of all....

Seriously though, we can assume there are a few alt accounts.

#239 Posted by inb4uall (5150 posts) -

@super600: This is why I put you down for the self ownage award super.

#240 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

@super600 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Our ever vigilant mods ladies and gents

#241 Posted by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

SWA's are one of my favorite times of the year. So much fun and drama all rolled up. C'mon people... Vote!

To a lot of people voting is just too work and im sure many just get really lazy and end up forgetting about it and that is why i believe the voting system need few adjustments, it needs to be more easier for users to vote and not just simply providing a huge list and having people to hopefully remember X or Y user.

The biggest issue about these awards are the votes themselves and what i mean is that its seriously not easy to sit and try to remember someones username. Personally it takes me a lot of time searching and looking around into threads just to get one user's username and the idea of doing that alone gets me lazy to even wanna think of voting ( i wasn't even going to vote this year due to how annoying voting is and how much time it takes to write someones username but in the end i felt bad since not many people voted and i voted but most of the usernames i wrote were copy/paste from someone's else vote which is due to laziness )

Now on to suggestions and to a way to fix the voting system/ making it easier for users i have a suggestion that may help make things a little easier for people to make votes which at the same time may require a lot of time and effort for the person who's making the voting thread plus editing.

My suggestion would be the following:

One step i believe would help make users vote for the next Awards would be by providing Avatar pictures of all Active users with their usernames under the avatars and what i mean by this is for someone who is very good at using Photoshop or Paint to pretty much screen capture each users avatar ( for example when someone make a post the post will appear in the thread with the users avatar and username on the left side of the post ) so simply screen cap that and corp/edit in a page, keep doing that for all Active users ( i mean how many active users are there on SW really? maybe 30 or 40 max? shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours i'd say to screen cap em all and corp plus edit all the screen caps into a single page ) so in the end when all is done correctly there should be one big page filled with 30 or 40 users with each users presented in a small picture showing avatar and username.. so one user next to the other all in one page ( page should be JPEG image file so it could be uploaded to the OP ) ( hopefully i didnt make things too complicated ).

if this is done and that one page is posted in the OP alongside the list of votes i think it will save a lot of people's time by simply looking into that one page that has all the active users avatars and their usernames all in one place to select from and i know for sure it will save me a loooooooot of time because i simply know a lot of people in here just by looking at their avatars not their usernames ( im 90% positive a lot others are exactly the same ). No more looking around for thread after thread just to find someone's username anymore.. i believe this will help encourage many people to want to vote.

#242 Posted by Blabadon (25258 posts) -

@super600 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

#243 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3244 posts) -

@super600 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

How about we have them dealt with?

#244 Edited by super600 (29967 posts) -

@super600 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

How about we have them dealt with?

We will see about that.

#245 Posted by Arach666 (23014 posts) -
@super600 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Oh man,you truly are a sight to behold.

#246 Edited by jg4xchamp (46683 posts) -

I want a god damn assist on that set up mems. Full Steve Nash out here.

#247 Posted by killerfist (19805 posts) -

lol @ this years awards

quite pathetic.

#248 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

The awards voting ends on the 18th and it didn't even get passed the first page.

That's just fucking sad

#249 Posted by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

The awards voting ends on the 18th and it didn't even get passed the first page.

That's just fucking sad

Can't force people to participate. If they don't want to, they don't want to.

#250 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

That's just fucking sad

Can't force people to participate. If they don't want to, they don't want to.

Not saying you should, just the fact that the participation so far has been abysmal says so much about the board right now.

I mean you go from the huge drama of last year to this? Stark contrast