The System Wars Awards 2013 Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by DarkLink77 (31611 posts) -

Keep all discussion about the 2013 System Wars Awards here.

Actual voting is to be done in this thread.

Vote, comment, discuss, and leave feedback, guys. Go at it.

#2 Posted by Blabadon (23909 posts) -

This thread is dead.

#3 Posted by DarkLink77 (31611 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

This thread is dead.

It is. But people asked for it, so it was made. You should help keep it alive, Blab.

#4 Edited by AppleFan1991 (2928 posts) -

Excited for this. I've never paid attention in the past much, but I think that a couple of these awards will be pretty funny lol

#5 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

I hope people make the honest choices and vote for people who HONESTLY deserve each award : )

That is all.

#6 Edited by Gue1 (8111 posts) -

the same people win every year. I don't know what's the point of this.

#7 Edited by DarkLink77 (31611 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

the same people win every year. I don't know what's the point of this.

Not really, especially considering that most of the people from, say, 3 years ago are no longer active here.

If you don't like who's winning, vote for someone else. The Awards exist to honor the System Wars community, so if you think someone is under-appreciated, toss them a vote.

#8 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

This thread is dead.

SW is dead. Welcome to the NWO

#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37535 posts) -

I'm still waiting to get the time to actually sit down and go through the categories for voting. Because there's so many I keep putting it off

#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37535 posts) -

I hope people make the honest choices and vote for people who HONESTLY deserve each award : )

That is all.

You told people in the other thread "VOTE, DAMMIT, VOTE!!!" and you haven't even voted yourself yet

#11 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

That is all.

You told people in the other thread "VOTE, DAMMIT, VOTE!!!" and you haven't even voted yourself yet

I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to advertise the awards. I've been doing it in my own threads too... : /

#12 Edited by TheEroica (12750 posts) -

System wars has changed so much since last year's awards... I look forward to sitting down to cast my votes...

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37535 posts) -

System wars has changed so much since last year's awards... I look forward to sitting down to cast my votes...

It sure has. It's a pretty depressing place to visit now. The only reason I dn't move off to somewhere like GAF is because of some people that I've gotten to know pretty well here (aka you and the whole gang)

#14 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

That is all.

lol

#15 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

It sure has. It's a pretty depressing place to visit now. The only reason I dn't move off to somewhere like GAF is because of some people that I've gotten to know pretty well here (aka you and the whole gang)

Cute you guys have gang. LMAO.

#16 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37535 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@TheEroica said:

Yeah of course, you don't know about it cos you're not cool enough to be invited

#17 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@TheEroica said:

Yeah of course, you don't know about it cos you're not cool enough to be invited

Don't worry Sean, he doesn't wanna be invited. We're most likely pretentious and liars to em. Not honest enough dude.

#18 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@TheEroica said:

Read that to yourself with a straight face.

#19 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@TheEroica said:

Don't worry Sean, he doesn't wanna be invited. We're most likely pretentious and liars to em. Not honest enough dude.

Well, you guys like to ignore facts and troll around a thread and deflect instead of attacking and countering points and then at the end you sit around and think because you have that many post counts you're not trolls...when in reality you're the most worthless and useless, least contributive presence here...So yeah...wow you're actually right.

#20 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@TheEroica said:

Well, you guys like to ignore facts and troll around a thread and deflect instead of attacking and countering points and then at the end you sit around and think because you have that many post counts you're not trolls...when in reality you're the most worthless and useless, least contributive presence here...So yeah...wow you're actually right.

lol just like you right? You're so honest. Tell me do you get up every morning and look at yourself in the mirror and say to yourself "I'm the hero system wars needs, not the one it deserves"

#21 Edited by clyde46 (42131 posts) -

ITT Lets get under John's skin.

#22 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@TheEroica said:

lol just like you right? You're so honest. Tell me do you get up every morning and look at yourself in the mirror and say to yourself "I'm the hero system wars needs, not the one it deserves"

Well...I don't know...it's not like I singlehandedly brought hype back to this place. I definitely didn't set the bar for how threads should be made. "Nintendo sucks!" and other repetitive troll threads definitely didn't suddenly decline after I showed up. Strongdeadlift and other older users definitely didn't start coming back soon after I appeared...I definitely didn't jumpstart this place back to life...Definitely did not. Oh and I'm definitely not the clear, irrefutable, factual, non-debatable, fair, deserving, hands down, winner of at least 5 of the system wars awards. I'm definitely not.

What I actually am is an immodest prick.

#23 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

ITT Lets get under John's skin.

It's to easy, so why not. It's like winning a $2 dollar scratch off EVERY time

#24 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@TheEroica said:

Well...I don't know...it's not like I singlehandedly brought hype back to this place. I definitely didn't set the bar for how threads should be made. "Nintendo sucks!" and other repetitive troll threads definitely didn't suddenly decline after I showed up. Strongdeadlift and other older users definitely didn't start coming back soon after I appeared...I definitely didn't jumpstart this place back to life...Definitely did not. Oh and I'm definitely not the clear, irrefutable, factual, non-debatable, fair, deserving, hands down, winner of at least 5 of the system wars awards. I'm definitely not.

No you didn't.... You waste your time making hype threads people ultimately don't read :D

#25 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

No you didn't.... You waste your time making hype threads people ultimately don't read :D

LMAO what makes me more modest than anything is that I don't make them for people to read and I have no need for anyone's gratification. I make them cause I want to...People hardly read a 10 word OP. You think I expect anyone to read my hype threads? Ohhh and if you find any of my hype threads (really look them up) you'll see people actually saying Good Read and I enjoyed the OP and commenting on the captions and just the overall quality. So...your point? You've always had it out for my threads so I have to ask...

When I get my PS4 or maybe if you're on Steam, can we play a Co-OP game together? I figured with the team work we should be able to pull that stick out of your ass!

#26 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

LMAO what makes me more modest than anything is that I don't make them for people to read and I have no need for anyone's gratification. I make them cause I want to...People hardly read a 10 word OP. You think I expect anyone to read my hype threads? Ohhh and if you find any of my hype threads (really look them up) you'll see people actually saying Good Read and I enjoyed the OP and commenting on the captions and just the overall quality. So...your point? You've always had it out for my threads so I have to ask...

When I get my PS4 or maybe if you're on Steam, can we play a Co-OP game together? I figured with the team work we should be able to pull that stick out of your ass!

I pulled the stick out a long time ago my friend. Good luck pulling yours out though!

#27 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I pulled the stick out a long time ago my friend. Good luck pulling yours out though!

Hmm...Well...for someone who's deliriously pretending to be objective and not be a fanboy, I have to say you're close to blowing your cover.

#28 Edited by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Hmm...Well...for someone who's deliriously pretending to be objective and not be a fanboy, I have to say you're close to blowing your cover.

Again Where's the proof..... Other than my own opinion against you. You sit here and point fingers when you can't say anything remotely intelligent.

I own all systems and love em equally. I may not be the most objective person in the world but I get my gaming on instead of sitting here point fingers like a kid.

#29 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Again Where's the proof..... Other than my own opinion against you. You sit here and point fingers when you can't say anything remotely intelligent.

I own all systems and love em equally. I may not be the most objective person in the world but I get my gaming on instead of sitting here point fingers like a kid.

And yet you get a hothead in any MS countering topic or any prosony topic. And really? I point fingers when I can't say anything intelligent? Really? How many of my threads have you been in or how many thread in general have you been in that you've actually made a substantial contribution to? You're just like lostrib. You drop in, short irrelevant, unwarranted and idiotic comment...job here is done.

#30 Edited by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

And yet you get a hothead in any MS countering topic or any prosony topic. And really? I point fingers when I can't say anything intelligent? Really? How many of my threads have you been in or how many thread in general have you been in that you've actually made a substantial contribution to? You're just like lostrib. You drop in, short irrelevant, unwarranted and idiotic comment...job here is done.

Maybe you should go look up some finalstar threads or any other thread other than yours instead of sitting here once again running your gums and not providing proof. :D Good holiday lad. :D

#31 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Maybe you should go look up some finalstar threads or any other thread other than yours instead of sitting here once again running your gums and not providing proof. :D Good holiday lad. :D

Whatever, dude, I lost all credibility and respect for you when you complained that my thread was too quality and you actually got mad like it's a bad thing.

You're just like Blackace, who pretends to not be a lemming when everyone knows he's only fooling himself.

#32 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Whatever, dude, I lost all credibility and respect for you when you complained that my thread was too quality and you actually got mad like it's a bad thing.

You're just like Blackace, who pretends to not be a lemming when everyone knows he's only fooling himself.

LOL. I why would I care about credibility on a website that has no substantial outlook on what goes on in the real world?

Two things I know for certain. I don't lie. And I protest a lot.

Great Conceding defeat from you though . Once again. No proof whatsoever. :D

Also one last question. If i'm a such a lemming. Why'd I buy a PS4 first?

Explain the logic in buying a system I wouldn't if i was such a lemming.

Why on gods green earth would I go spend $620 of my hard earned dollars on

something I would hate? Why would I run out and reserve the system immediately after E3?

Why would would I do it? Because I adhere to silly titles here? Again embarrassing yourself.

It's ok. You can chew on this bully stick while being butthurt. :D

#33 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Animal-Mother said:

LOL. I why would I care about credibility on a website that has no substantial outlook on what goes on in the real world?

Two things I know for certain. I don't lie. And I protest a lot.

Great Conceding defeat from you though . Once again. No proof whatsoever. :D

Also one last question. If i'm a such a lemming. Why'd I buy a PS4 first?

Explain the logic in buying a system I wouldn't if i was such a lemming.

Why on gods green earth would I go spend $620 of my hard earned dollars on

something I would hate? Why would I run out and reserve the system immediately after E3?

Why would would I do it? Because I adhere to silly titles here? Again embarrassing yourself.

It's ok. You can chew on this bully stick while being butthurt. :D

I didn't say you're a lemming, I said you're just as much of a fanboy pretending to be objective as most other trolls on here...and lolol I love how having all systems is the go to justification and excuse most people give when denying being fanboys. And I love how you're always saying I'm embarrassing myself...Yeah I'm definitely embarrassing myself in a "website that has no substantial outlook on what goes on in the real world" Your words...

If you don't know to objectively argue or argue subjectively yet politely, and if you have a habit of evading topics and attacking the speaker instead of what's being said, then you shouldn't be surprise that I don't take your responses seriously. You can't begin a serious and confrontational argument and then back out when you're backed against a wall by calling the other person "butthurt" or saying they're having a meltdown. Thing with me is that if you want to debate I will go with you for hours, but you better be ready to debate. If you post polite and reasonable and subjective/objective response politely or just normally, I'll respond to you and as long as you remain this way we won't have a problem.

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (25093 posts) -

"You're just like Blackace, who pretends to not be a lemming when everyone knows he's only fooling himself." Tell me what does that mean captain obvious?

Also yeah you're embarrassing yourself. To me and everyone here.

Again fumbling for words. Tsk....Tsk....Tsk....

#35 Edited by clyde46 (42131 posts) -

keep going Animal, this is fun.

#36 Edited by bobbetybob (18893 posts) -

Thought I'd move this chat here so we don't get deleted by the wrath of the mods.

@bobbetybob said:
@Bigboi500 said:

It's starting to appear that voters are just going to fill in the blanks with posters they like the most and are chummy with, instead of being objective.

Eh, who cares anyway? These awards are a joke and fewer posters than ever seem to care these days.

How the hell can you be objective about something like this? It's an awards ceremony not a test there's no correct answers. And of course everyone will vote for people they know well, I can't remember every username and poster in existence and whilst I did go through a bunch of threads to jog my memory a bit I'm sure I've missed a few posters that I'd consider more deserving of certain awards.

Don't take it so seriously, it's a fun little end of year tradition, it's hardly the fucking Oscars.

Hence my second paragraph. Still, I think people could do a better job in selecting posters who best fill the criteria instead of lazily repeating names.

True, but I think some of that might be down to the categories, there's a couple that kind of overlap and I could totally see why people would be putting the same user in for multiple awards because of that.

Take, for instance, classiest user, most intelligent and best debater; you can't really be a good debater without having the intelligence to know what you're talking about and the class to accept the other persons opinion at times, so a user could easily take all three of those categories at once.

#37 Posted by Bigboi500 (27965 posts) -

Thought I'd move this chat here so we don't get deleted by the wrath of the mods.

@Bigboi500 said:
@bobbetybob said:
@Bigboi500 said:

It's starting to appear that voters are just going to fill in the blanks with posters they like the most and are chummy with, instead of being objective.

Eh, who cares anyway? These awards are a joke and fewer posters than ever seem to care these days.

How the hell can you be objective about something like this? It's an awards ceremony not a test there's no correct answers. And of course everyone will vote for people they know well, I can't remember every username and poster in existence and whilst I did go through a bunch of threads to jog my memory a bit I'm sure I've missed a few posters that I'd consider more deserving of certain awards.

Don't take it so seriously, it's a fun little end of year tradition, it's hardly the fucking Oscars.

Hence my second paragraph. Still, I think people could do a better job in selecting posters who best fill the criteria instead of lazily repeating names.

True, but I think some of that might be down to the categories, there's a couple that kind of overlap and I could totally see why people would be putting the same user in for multiple awards because of that.

Take, for instance, classiest user, most intelligent and best debater; you can't really be a good debater without having the intelligence to know what you're talking about and the class to accept the other persons opinion at times, so a user could easily take all three of those categories at once.

You're right. Also, a lot of posters don't know enough SW posters well enough to judge them, especially with the dam-breaking overflow of troll accounts that have flooded this board.

#38 Edited by bobbetybob (18893 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

You're right. Also, a lot of posters don't know enough SW posters well enough to judge them, especially with the dam-breaking overflow of troll accounts that have flooded this board.

The forums getting messed up hasn't helped either, there's a bunch of good people who barely post now and as you said, so many trolls have swept in to take their place that it's hard to keep track and who's who.

#39 Posted by mems_1224 (44820 posts) -

wooooh! Im gonna win biggest lemming

Id vote but I only remember like 5 usernames from here. lol

#40 Edited by Zassimick (6003 posts) -

This thread is why I System Wars. :P

I just wish there was a resource! Like a third stickied thread, one that was a call for nominees! Yeah! And then a fourth sticky for the rules to all these threads so that we don't clog up the Discussion, Voting, and Nominee Threads. Maybe a fifth for specific mod discussion? A sixth to tally the votes in, and finally a seventh thread that has a countdown of how many days of voting are left.

If only I could actually remember more posters to vote. A lot of the active users aren't right for the awards and the good users aren't around enough for me to remember them at the moment.

I'll slowly fill my ballot over the next couple weeks. Ever so slowly...

#41 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

"You're just like Blackace, who pretends to not be a lemming when everyone knows he's only fooling himself." Tell me what does that mean captain obvious?

Also yeah you're embarrassing yourself. To me and everyone here.

Again fumbling for words. Tsk....Tsk....Tsk....

It means you're a fanboy/troll who pretends to be neutral. LMAO so first this "website that has no substantial outlook on what goes on in the real world" but I'm embarrassing myself? I didn't realize this was a social event where we're all trying to fit into one circle jerk pretentious group of trolls and the one who actually makes sense is embarrassing himself. Is it okay if I go say hi to my favorite english teacher...you know since we're back in high school and all? You're an idiot, your words are insubstantial, and I also know for a fact you don't post in any thread that doesn't already have your "gang" in there for you to fit into. You couldn't hold a one-on-one debate with anyone if you tried to.

#42 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37535 posts) -

haha John thinks HE brought back hype to SW?

Hype is still gone bro, you made some decent thread before but then got super arrogant and cocky about them and kept bumping them yourself and asking for ALL of your threads to be stickied or had "Official" in the title to try make them seem better

Then they just fell through the heap like always. You changed fuck all around here except now everyone has a new "let's make him throw a tantrum" poster to pick on

#43 Posted by lostrib (26582 posts) -

Hype is still gone bro, you made some decent thread before but then got super arrogant and cocky about them and kept bumping them yourself and asking for ALL of your threads to be stickied or had "Official" in the title to try make them seem better

Then they just fell through the heap like always. You changed fuck all around here except now everyone has a new "let's make him throw a tantrum" poster to pick on

Yeah, he seems to think rather highly of himself. He might actually deserve an SW award, but most likely for biggest ego or self ownage. Is there one for asshattery?

#44 Posted by clyde46 (42131 posts) -

He might win the award for "biggest meltdown".

#45 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37535 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

He might win the award for "biggest meltdown".

@lostrib said:

Yeah, he seems to think rather highly of himself. He might actually deserve an SW award, but most likely for biggest ego or self ownage. Is there one for asshattery?

Oh he'll win something for sure. But they'll all be the "dunce" type awards

#46 Posted by madsnakehhh (13915 posts) -

Well, there are like 10 users left in SW so i guess we could all win something :P

#47 Posted by Zassimick (6003 posts) -

Well, there are like 10 users left in SW so i guess we could all win something :P

The high point of my Gamespot career was last year when I won 1/3 of the "Class Act" award. I'll never reach those heights again. :P

I'm sure old users will return over the next couple of weeks and fill out a few of the categories.

#48 Posted by madsnakehhh (13915 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

The high point of my Gamespot career was last year when I won 1/3 of the "Class Act" award. I'll never reach those heights again. :P

I'm sure old users will return over the next couple of weeks and fill out a few of the categories.

Didn't you won the "should post more" award 2 years ago? Anyway, for me it was 2 years ago, when i almost won the "best hype thread" for Skward Sword and i hope we get more of the old users back, this place is getting pretty stale :/

#49 Edited by Zassimick (6003 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

@madsnakehhh said:

Didn't you won the "should post more" award 2 years ago? Anyway, for me it was 2 years ago, when i almost won the "best hype thread" for Skward Sword and i hope we get more of the old users back, this place is getting pretty stale :/

I don't think I did; I should investigate this.

It may just be the holidays but it does appear rather empty here. I know System Wars has gone through some dry spells in the past but it's interesting how long this one has lasted.

#50 Posted by madsnakehhh (13915 posts) -

@Zassimick: I blame the layout change, it drove out a lot of GS users, also the new consoles only have multiplats as of now to discuss, sure it has Forza and Knack, etc, but i think people is getting tired of bash those games, Vita vs 3DS is beating a dead horse so the only thing left is the WiiU, but honestly how many "WiiU is dead" threads can we get before it gets boring.

So yeah, SW has been pretty empty...hopefully it will get better as more exclusives are released and we get closer to E3.