The SW, post your screenshots thread. (56K)

#651 Posted by cfisher2833 (1720 posts) -

I don't understand why people are arguing so much over poly count. High poly counts are borderline useless imo in the age of tessellation.

#652 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (885 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

You don't have to believe it. It seems you can't grasp that Crysis 3 has truly been superceded. Is it impossible? I said ISS actually renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time including all LOD details. Meaning, when you look at Infamous SS in game at any time, the PS4 GPU is drawing around 11 million polys as you're looking at it. The world in Infamous is very dense as a whole. The character models alone are 120,000 polygons. Excluding the chain which in itself is very detailed. Geometrically, ISS is very impressive. And coupled with particle effects and very nice lighting, it's visually very appealing. But yeah, it has LOD transition problems. I agree.

• The engine regularly draws over 11 million polygons for the whole scene.

Regularly != at any given time

#653 Edited by foxhound_fox (89875 posts) -

Anyone who loves Castlevania ("Belmont" or "Castleroid" style) and/or Rogue Legacy needs to buy this game immediately. $10 on Steam until the end of the day.

#654 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16817 posts) -

Replaying an old classic. I normally don't use mods. But, I wanted to replay the dusk and night time scenes with noontime hours:

#655 Edited by Ghost120x (4057 posts) -

Thread need some vita love.

Tearaway

Demon Gaze

Killzone Mercenary

Danganronpa

#656 Posted by scatteh316 (4983 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:
@walloftruth said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

I hear the Crysis 1 first level is made up of just over 3 million polygons altogether. I'm not sure though. I have no sources for that.

You are about right with that statement. Here's a quick screengrab from the editor. I've loaded the first level "island" in the editor and as you can see above the FPS counter, the engine is drawing 1694,238 triangles at that time of day and weather settings. So that's about 1.7 million triangles, which theoretically are 3.4 million polygons. Now there are two things to take into account: When I move around in the level then the tris counter goes lower and higher, the highest is around 1.9 million tris, which theoretically are about 3.8 million polygons.

Now I keep using the word "theoretically" because as a model artist you'd want to make you models 100% quads, clean topology is everything but I don't know how efficient the people at Crytek worked on their models, so probably not every model has 100% quads, which means that you can't really say 1.9 million tris = 3.8 million polys. I'd say the average is around 3.4 million polygons per frame in the first level of Crysis 1 at VeryHigh settings.

Which also brings me to my point about I:SS 11 million polygon per frame claim. I find that hard to believe to be honest, the game has awful pop-in, especially if you're up on skyscrapers. So if I:SS has such a high polygon budget then why didn't they invest in higher quality LOD meshes? It just doesn't make much sense.

Not bad for a game that came out 7 years ago.

Do we actually have proof of I:SS using that many polygons other than the devs claiming it? Is there some tech analysis by an independent source?

I don't see Digital Foundry mention anything about it in their tech analysis, only that "Delsin's character model consists of more than 60,000 triangles with 7500 specifically used for his beanie" and "The sheer amount of geometry being rendered at any single time is quite impressive"

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/14/infamous-second-sons-characters-are-120000-polygons-11-million-rendered-regularly-by-the-engine/

• The engine streams environment blocks on a 100 meters grid. Each block loads 33 MiB (Mebibytes, basically a techie version of a megabyte) of data including everything (physics, scripts, AI and particle). Below you can see a visual representation of those blocks.
  • Only 10 blocks are displayed at any given time. An extra 7 are loaded but not rendered to help with I/O (input/output speed) from the hard disk.
  • 4 blocks are rendered with 48 MiB high resolution texture packs that are streamed separately.
  • Each object has between 1 and 3 LODs (levels of detail based on distance) for near to mid distances.
  • FAR LOD uses baked imposters.
  • The engine regularly draws over 11 million polygons for the whole scene.
  • There are many instances per block, with over three million instance vertices per block.
  • In the worst case the player can move 20 meters per seconds before overtaking the speed at which the world can be rendered.

And for Characters...

• Each character has between 300-500 separate bones, many of which for the face, cloth and hands.
  • Characters have 120.000 polygons, but NPCs have more LODs (lower detail models displayed when far away from the camera) for performance reasons.
  • They take 28 MiB of data, most of which are textures.
  • There are thousands of animation clips, and facial animation during cutscenes is done separately for each vertex.
  • Vertex animation is done with three bits per vertex, while wrinkles are procedural.

Regularly is not the same as constantly.. you'll find that 11 million number is when you're on top of a building and looking at a large part of the city.

If you're down on the city streets then you'll find it would be way less then that.

#657 Posted by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@walloftruth said:
@scottpsfan14 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Funniest sentence ever... Crysis 1 pushes more polygons then I:SS

I hear the Crysis 1 first level is made up of just over 3 million polygons altogether. I'm not sure though. I have no sources for that.

You are about right with that statement. Here's a quick screengrab from the editor. I've loaded the first level "island" in the editor and as you can see above the FPS counter, the engine is drawing 1694,238 triangles at that time of day and weather settings. So that's about 1.7 million triangles, which theoretically are 3.4 million polygons. Now there are two things to take into account: When I move around in the level then the tris counter goes lower and higher, the highest is around 1.9 million tris, which theoretically are about 3.8 million polygons.

Now I keep using the word "theoretically" because as a model artist you'd want to make you models 100% quads, clean topology is everything but I don't know how efficient the people at Crytek worked on their models, so probably not every model has 100% quads, which means that you can't really say 1.9 million tris = 3.8 million polys. I'd say the average is around 3.4 million polygons per frame in the first level of Crysis 1 at VeryHigh settings.

Which also brings me to my point about I:SS 11 million polygon per frame claim. I find that hard to believe to be honest, the game has awful pop-in, especially if you're up on skyscrapers. So if I:SS has such a high polygon budget then why didn't they invest in higher quality LOD meshes? It just doesn't make much sense.

You don't have to believe it. It seems you can't grasp that Crysis 3 has truly been superceded. Is it impossible? I said ISS actually renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time including all LOD details. Meaning, when you look at Infamous SS in game at any time, the PS4 GPU is drawing around 11 million polys as you're looking at it. The world in Infamous is very dense as a whole. The character models alone are 120,000 polygons. Excluding the chain which in itself is very detailed. Geometrically, ISS is very impressive. And coupled with particle effects and very nice lighting, it's visually very appealing. But yeah, it has LOD transition problems. I agree.

And what exactly has this to do with Crysis 3? It seems you can't grasp that not every PC gamer cares about Crysis 3.

#658 Posted by m3dude1 (1509 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

I don't understand why people are arguing so much over poly count. High poly counts are borderline useless imo in the age of tessellation.

lmao

#659 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR: @scatteh316: So teh masterrace is back for a showdown lol. So lets see what 'Regular' means..

reg·u·lar

1. Customary, usual, or normal.

2. Orderly, even, or symmetrical.

3. In conformity with a fixed procedure, principle, or discipline

.4. Well-ordered; methodical.

5. Occurring at fixed intervals.

6. Not varying; constant.

So I guess that translates to 'not very often' to you hermits does it? Probably drops to 500k polys more often than not right? Wrong. You are officially scraping the barrel to down play the game. Simple as that. Infamous SS >>>>>>>> Any open world game currently on PC graphically. You will just have to deal with it.

Reddit/PCMasterRace lied to you. Morons.

#660 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (885 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR: @scatteh316: So teh masterrace is back for a showdown lol. So lets see what 'Regular' means..

reg·u·lar

So I guess that translates to 'not very often' to you hermits does it? Probably drops to 500k polys more often than not right? Wrong. You are officially scraping the barrel to down play the game. Simple as that. Infamous SS >>>>>>>> Any open world game currently on PC graphically. You will just have to deal with it.

Let's see what you claimed:

"renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time..."

"At any given time" clearly translates to always, meaning that, you can pick any interval of the frame rendering process and according to you, those 11M (on average) polys will always be found.

From SP itself:

• "The engine regularly draws over 11 million polygons for the whole scene."

Now, "regularly" = "usually", but "regularly" != "always".

Meaning that, there are moments of the game where 11M (on average) polys are not being rendered.

So yes, your statement was wrong.

Can't argue with facts.

#661 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

reg·u·lar

"At any given time" clearly translates to always, meaning that, you can pick any interval of the frame rendering process and according to you, those 11M (on average) polys will always be found.

From SP itself:

Meaning that, there are moments of the game where 11M (on average) polys are not being rendered.

Can't argue with facts.

Lol mental gymnastics much. I said that as a reference to that article. I hadn't read it in a while and forgotten the exact wording. If your contribution to the conversation was to correct my exact wording, then that proves you have no real argument.

You're grasping at straws.

Now, with that aside, Infamous SS is more geometrically dense than any game I can think of being released already. If you can think of another, then please do tell me.

#662 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (885 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

reg·u·lar

From SP itself:

Can't argue with facts.

Lol mental gymnastics much. I said that as a reference to that article. I hadn't read it in a while and forgotten the exact wording. If your contribution to the conversation was to correct my exact wording, then that proves you have no real argument.

Now, with that aside, Infamous SS is more geometrically dense than any game I can think of being released already. If you can think of another, then please do tell me.

No, sorry, you made a false statement. Simple as that.

You were actually trying to say 11M polygons were rendered all the time.

Accept your mistake and move on.

#663 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

reg·u·lar

From SP itself:

Can't argue with facts.

Fool. You don't know how to actually make an argument so you argue on the surface about my exact wording. Is that all you have to add? Look, I'm sorry I didn't state the exact wording of an article I hadn't looked at in months lol. But what I did say was "renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time". Which ius basically the same as saying regularly. You are looking for ANYTHING you can find lol. Just leave people alone if you can't contribute to the conversation. Fucking idiot. EducatingU? What a fucking shit fuck you are. You are the reason people hate the PC community. Be ashamed.

#664 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16817 posts) -

#665 Edited by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

Some Project CARS gameplay screenshots

#667 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@Ben-Buja said:

Some Project CARS gameplay screenshots

So is Project Cars Wii U a completely different game to PC/PS4/XB1 version? Like different assets?

#668 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (885 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

reg·u·lar

From SP itself:

Can't argue with facts.

Fool. You don't know how to actually make an argument so you argue on the surface about my exact wording. Is that all you have to add? Look, I'm sorry I didn't state the exact wording of an article I hadn't looked at in months lol. But what I did say was "renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time". Which ius basically the same as saying regularly. You are looking for ANYTHING you can find lol. Just leave people alone if you can't contribute to the conversation. Fucking idiot. EducatingU? What a fucking shit fuck you are. You are the reason people hate the PC community. Be ashamed.

No, I truly believe you were stating 11M polys are rendered all the time. That "miss wording" is just a cheap excuse.

"renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time. Which ius basically the same as saying regularly."

Average clearly refers to the quantity of polygons and not the frequency of their appearance. So you basically said that more or less 11M polys were rendered all the time.

My logic is flawless, discussing it is futile. You would just end up calling people "shit fuck" because you're unable to accept a mistake.

#669 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

reg·u·lar

From SP itself:

Can't argue with facts.

No, I truly believe you were stating 11M polys are rendered all the time. That "miss wording" is just a cheap excuse.

"renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time. Which ius basically the same as saying regularly."

Average clearly refers to the quantity of polygons and not the frequency of their appearance. So you basically said that more or less 11M polys were rendered all the time.

My logic is flawless, discussing it is futile. You would just end up calling people "shit fuck" because you're unable to accept a mistake.

I said I made a mistake. I didn't state the exact words from the article and had to re look up the article to clarify what I said. And i think shit fuck is a rather impressive term don't you?

#670 Edited by Cobra_nVidia (1675 posts) -

I heard a rumor that Mario Kart 8 renders 13 billion polygons every millisecond!

Tomb Raider

#671 Posted by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

So is Project Cars Wii U a completely different game to PC/PS4/XB1 version? Like different assets?

Probably, yeah. We haven't seen much of the Wii U version. The development of the console versions is not as transparent as the open PC version testing.

I assume that they will use different tree models and less trackside objects for example, but that's pure speculation on my part.

#672 Edited by waahahah (37 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I said I made a mistake. I didn't state the exact words from the article and had to re look up the article to clarify what I said. And i think shit fuck is a rather impressive term don't you?

Technically, 11 million average means its regularly producing MORE or less than 11 million. Not always.

Average is not solely a quantity since it requires more than one to be an average. If the game regularly renders more than 11 million polygon's it could mean the average is at or near 11 million polygon's per frame over some set of time. Something regularly is something easily interpreted as an average even if incorrect.

@EducatingU_PCMR you were completely wrong in the way you understand quantity and how averages work. The average is not just a quantity, seeing as the average = total polygons / frame count.

@scottpsfan14 you made a mistake with wording but at least your not stupid. Depending on the scene and the average can change drastically. You could be stupid and looking at wall to drastically reduce the amount of polygons on screen reducing the average.

I reworded this to make a bit more sense

Also another edit since i missed something else about how stupid EducatingU's post was. Regularly isn't a quantity but it is saying there is some type of natural occurrence and re-occurrence happening with the poly count going over 11 million... which is kind of a broken or irregular frequency.

also ksp

... nvm i lost my ksp screens

#673 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (885 posts) -

@waahahah said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

1. Technically, 11 million average means its regularly producing MORE or less than 11 million. Not always.

Average is not solely a quantity since it requires more than one to be an average. If the game regularly renders more than 11 million polygon's it could mean the average is at or near 11 million polygon's per frame over some set of time. Something regularly is something easily interpreted as an average even if incorrect.

@EducatingU_PCMR 2. you were completely wrong in the way you understand quantity and how averages work. The average is not just a quantity, seeing as the average = total polygons / frame count.

@scottpsfan14 you made a mistake with wording but at least your not stupid. Depending on the scene and the average can change drastically. You could be stupid and looking at wall to drastically reduce the amount of polygons on screen reducing the average.

I reworded this to make a bit more sense

Also another edit since i missed something else about how stupid EducatingU's post was. Regularly isn't a quantity but it is saying there is some type of natural occurrence and re-occurrence happening with the poly count going over 11 million... which is kind of a broken or irregular frequency.

also ksp

... nvm i lost my ksp screens

1. This is exactly what I said.

2. I never said that average was a quantity. I said that the average was clearly referring to the quantity of polygons being rendered, which is true. And you pointed out in the ratio = polys / frame (or time 33.3ms)

#674 Edited by waahahah (37 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR:

1. No it wasn't.

You out right accused him of saying the game of rendered 11 million poly's the entire time. That was flat out wrong.

@EducatingU_PCMR said: I truly believe you were stating 11M polys are rendered all the time.

@scottpsfan14 said: renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time.

2. The quanity of polygons being rendered on a frame is exact or an estimate so it can't be an average. So when he says average its not possible to be on a single frame, it has to be multiple. Where you're getting time out of your ass is clearly more misguided understanding of how average works.

average frames per second = total frames rendered / total time rendered in.

average polygons = total polygons rendered / total amount of frames.

They are completely different averages. Lets say we have 10 frames,

framepoly count in milliontime rendered in ms
averages10.5

while they are independent calculations you can easily figure out that there is a relationship between poly count, frame, and time. Its not really possibly to have an average on a single screen that already has a quantity for that screen. Its not up for your interpretation. The average at any time here would be 10.5 million polygons because the average is over a duration. Saying it regularly goes above 11 million polygons means that at certain times the average is 11 million or more given a time frame.

Its impossible to actually say the game's average is w/e since it heavily rely's on the player's behavior and the sandbox generating content. But in some sense he's not really wrong even if he messed up a single word. The point he made is still important because its saying the game engine can deliver 11 million polygon's on average. Had he added a "could" render 11 million... would actually be a valid.

You were blatantly and stupidly wrong.

Here's some more calculations on how time relates to poly count. I don't know why i just did these as proofs... probably to show the relationship between f/s and p/s but its easy to do directly off the table, which i added in bold.

f = frame, p = poly, ms = millisecond, s = second.

24.5ms/f = 245ms/10f =>

convert ms to seconds

0.0245s/f=0.245s/10f

now we can use these equations to calculate f/s and average poly/s,

frame/s:

take the inverse

0.0245s/f=0.245s/10f => 1/0.0245s/f = 10f/0.245s

=40.81f/s

poly/s

10.5p/f = 105p/10f => 10f=105p/10.5p/f

0.0245s/f=0.245s/10f => 10f=0.245s/0.0245s/f

0.245s/0.0245s/f=105p/10.5p/f

(10.5p/f)/(0.0245s/f) = 105p/0.245s

=428.57p/s

And if any one thinks i spent too much time on this, I'm sick and have nothing better to do...

#675 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (885 posts) -

@waahahah:

Forget it, I see your point now.

#676 Edited by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

Project CARS, this relatively new track "Oulton Park" has insane amounts of trackside vehicles lol

#677 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@waahahah said:

@EducatingU_PCMR:

1. No it wasn't.

You out right accused him of saying the game of rendered 11 million poly's the entire time. That was flat out wrong.

@EducatingU_PCMR said: I truly believe you were stating 11M polys are rendered all the time.

@scottpsfan14 said: renders 11 million polygons on average at any given time.

2. The quanity of polygons being rendered on a frame is exact or an estimate so it can't be an average. So when he says average its not possible to be on a single frame, it has to be multiple. Where you're getting time out of your ass is clearly more misguided understanding of how average works.

average frames per second = total frames rendered / total time rendered in.

average polygons = total polygons rendered / total amount of frames.

They are completely different averages. Lets say we have 10 frames,

framepoly count in milliontime rendered in ms
averages10.5

while they are independent calculations you can easily figure out that there is a relationship between poly count, frame, and time. Its not really possibly to have an average on a single screen that already has a quantity for that screen. Its not up for your interpretation. The average at any time here would be 10.5 million polygons because the average is over a duration. Saying it regularly goes above 11 million polygons means that at certain times the average is 11 million or more given a time frame.

Its impossible to actually say the game's average is w/e since it heavily rely's on the player's behavior and the sandbox generating content. But in some sense he's not really wrong even if he messed up a single word. The point he made is still important because its saying the game engine can deliver 11 million polygon's on average. Had he added a "could" render 11 million... would actually be a valid.

You were blatantly and stupidly wrong.

Here's some more calculations on how time relates to poly count. I don't know why i just did these as proofs... probably to show the relationship between f/s and p/s but its easy to do directly off the table, which i added in bold.

f = frame, p = poly, ms = millisecond, s = second.

24.5ms/f = 245ms/10f =>

convert ms to seconds

0.0245s/f=0.245s/10f

now we can use these equations to calculate f/s and average poly/s,

frame/s:

take the inverse

0.0245s/f=0.245s/10f => 1/0.0245s/f = 10f/0.245s

=40.81f/s

poly/s

10.5p/f = 105p/10f => 10f=105p/10.5p/f

0.0245s/f=0.245s/10f => 10f=0.245s/0.0245s/f

0.245s/0.0245s/f=105p/10.5p/f

(10.5p/f)/(0.0245s/f) = 105p/0.245s

=428.57p/s

And if any one thinks i spent too much time on this, I'm sick and have nothing better to do...

Jesus christ, all I said was the above. I just vaugely reffered to the article that I hadn't looked at since like April and he is going on as if I was preaching 11 million all teh timez lol. But all my point was, that over 11 million polygons get rendered on average. I never ever said all the time with no drops under 11 million. Gawd. What I mean is that when you look at the game on screen, the chances are, unless you are looking up at the sky, the engine and PS4 GPU is probably drawing 11 million polygons as you are looking at it. Not per frame. The poly count changes all the time in the engine. Look at Crysis Level 1. The most you can make it display is about 3,000,000 at one time. Thats when the most triangles are being drawn to screen. So the game world itself must be far more than 3 million.

#678 Edited by Cobra_nVidia (1675 posts) -

Tomb Raider

Hey guys, here's an idea. If Lara wants to go somewhere, just...just let her go there.

#679 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16817 posts) -

Testing out some older games on a friend's old PC I did repairs on. Actually, I gave him my AMD Athlon II X2 270 (CPU/mobo/RAM) and Radeon HD 5770 which is why they're not on my sig anymore.

#680 Edited by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

People have never given Ryse any chance. Not only it's amazing in graphics, but the combat and story are great. I liked it alot

#681 Posted by scatteh316 (4983 posts) -

@fgjnfgh said:

People have never given Ryse any chance. Not only it's amazing in graphics, but the combat and story are great. I liked it alot

So you post 2 bullshots and a blurry, less impressive in-game shot?

#682 Posted by m3dude1 (1509 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@fgjnfgh said:

absolutely hilarious coming from you

#683 Edited by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

TheWorse 0.99 for Watch Dogs has been released

#684 Edited by Cobra_nVidia (1675 posts) -

Guild Wars 2

Another perfect 10/10 five star quest involving rabbit food and hungry bunnies!

A lot of happy animals :)

One thing I have learned from this games is that skritt like shinies!

Sometimes, levelling is quite fast and exciting thanks to these meta-events. You can solo most things, but these are big battles. FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!

#685 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

@scatteh316: wash dirt off your eyes, they look sharp and realistic to normal eyes

#686 Edited by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

Project Cars

#687 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@Ben-Buja said:

Project Cars

Do you have Pcars on your PC right now? As a tester?

#688 Posted by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yep, these are my screenshots from the latest test build.

#689 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

So does it work with Logitech G27 and all the pro wheels? And does it work with a 360 controller standard? And what are the current requirements for the game to max it out?

#690 Edited by Ballroompirate (23471 posts) -

Some FF14 ARR, @Xaero_Gravity wishes his character was as cool as mine

#691 Edited by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

So does it work with Logitech G27 and all the pro wheels? And does it work with a 360 controller standard? And what are the current requirements for the game to max it out?

360 controller already works great, Xbox One controller will be supported as well.

Supported wheels are:

G25, G27, Driving Force, DF Pro, DF Pro GT, MOMO Force, MOMO Racing, Thrustmaster RGT, Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience, Thrustmaster F430, Thrustmaster F1, Thrustmaster T500 RS, Thrustmaster T300 RS, Fanatec Porsche 911, Fanatec CSR, Fanatec CSR Elite, Fanatec CSW, Microsoft Sidewinder.

I have a Fanatec GT2 Porsche 911 and it works fantastic with all the FFB enabled.

Not sure about the requirements, the performance will change a lot in the final stages of polishing which has not started yet. I can tell you though that my 780ti gets 60-90 fps at max settings + ingame downsampling x2 + SMAA, although currently it varies from track to track and weather setting.

My guess is that a 680 GTX level card will play this at settings close to maximum and 50-60 fps at launch, a strong CPU is welcome as well since it features 64 player races which will be CPU demanding.

#692 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6135 posts) -
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

360 controller already works great, Xbox One controller will be supported as well.

Supported wheels are:

G25, G27, Driving Force, DF Pro, DF Pro GT, MOMO Force, MOMO Racing, Thrustmaster RGT, Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience, Thrustmaster F430, Thrustmaster F1, Thrustmaster T500 RS, Thrustmaster T300 RS, Fanatec Porsche 911, Fanatec CSR, Fanatec CSR Elite, Fanatec CSW, Microsoft Sidewinder.

I have a Fanatec GT2 Porsche 911 and it works fantastic with all the FFB enabled.

Not sure about the requirements, the performance will change a lot in the final stages of polishing which has not started yet. I can tell you though that my 780ti gets 60-90 fps at max settings + ingame downsampling x2 + SMAA, although currently it varies from track to track and weather setting.

My guess is that a 680 GTX level card will play this at settings close to maximum and 50-60 fps at launch, a strong CPU is welcome as well since it features 64 player races which will be CPU demanding.

Good stuff. Does it see more than 4 CPU cores?

#693 Posted by lundy86_4 (43891 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Some FF14 ARR, @Xaero_Gravity wishes his character was as cool as mine

You're making me wanna jump back in. I'm trying to hold off until I pick up my PS4.

#694 Edited by Ben-Buja (3133 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

Supported wheels are:

Good stuff. Does it see more than 4 CPU cores?

Yep, just tried it out with the x64 commandline, it's using all 6 cores and even thyperthreading. Solid 60 fps on Imola with 15 cars (For some reason it crashed with more, probably have to report that)

#695 Posted by silversix_ (15300 posts) -
@fgjnfgh said:

@scatteh316: wash dirt off your eyes, they look sharp and realistic to normal eyes

Yes the first two look sharp because they're bullshots. The kind of visuals the Bone cannot and will not achieve. The last pic is real deal and it looks like a blur benchmark.

#696 Edited by Ballroompirate (23471 posts) -

@lundy86_4: nom nom get to it, it was actually free to play this weekend for those people who quit awhile ago, they wanted to show off what was in 2.3 (love it)

#697 Edited by super600 (30865 posts) -

Even more mario kart 8 images

#698 Posted by scatteh316 (4983 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@scatteh316 said:

@fgjnfgh said:

absolutely hilarious coming from you

None of mine are bullshots...

#699 Posted by m3dude1 (1509 posts) -

uh huh, thats why u refuse to post native res shots with a fraps counter

#700 Edited by Cobra_nVidia (1675 posts) -

@super600 said:

Even more mario kart 8 images

Hurray!

Guild Wars 2