The SW, post your screenshots thread. (56K)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#601 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Funniest sentence ever... Crysis 1 pushes more polygons then I:SS

And to explain this more clearly, I meant that increasing draw distance can substantially increase the amount of polygons rendered. So if Infamous had the primary LOD quality for another 10 meters radius, it would add a lot more polygons to render. Get me? The PS4 simply didn't have the power to render much more than that. Also, give me a source that Crysis 1 renders 11 million polygons at any given time. I hear the Crysis 1 first level is made up of just over 3 million polygons altogether. I'm not sure though. I have no sources for that.

My frame rate is Crysis is very high = High polygons per second.

And I know that the bigger the LOD the more polygons need to be rendered but 4x Titans? You are just plain stupid coming out with that.

And back up of 11 million polygons for Infamous? Or is that absolute peak? In other words a figure that rarely gets reached...

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#602  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Some Project Cars on the best platform to play it on...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#603  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Wolfenstein The New Order on my PC. Game looks good, and feels good on a mouse and keyboard. Loving the dual wielding. It's definitely a game made by Starbreeze.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#604 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Project cars looks baller. I want it, I WANT IT NOW!

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@Ben-Buja nah you arent going to post them because you realize the mod does fuckall except cover everything in DOF. and maybe your eyes arent good enough to see all the white speckles and jaggies in your watch dog shots.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609  Edited By Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

m3dude sure buddy, whatever you say.

Moving on...

Some Dirt 3 in 4k

I hope they make another rallye game soon, there really aren't enough these days.

SMS was planning to make Project RALLYE in the future but that might take a while. A proper rallye sim with weather effects like DC and tons of long tracks all over the world would be sweet

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Ben-Buja: Dirt 3 still has some of the most satisfying asthetics in any car game today. And it runs great on weaker systems.

Still missing what made the series great, you know, actually rallying....

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clyde46 said:

Project cars looks baller. I want it, I WANT IT NOW!

Samezys. I want it and a Logitech wheel. That would be amazing. Only problem is, I will play it with the wheel for a few days then put it away and never come back to it. So it's a tough one for me to decide. That's why I want DriveClub. For casual racing.

Just keep it out on your desk, or failing that, get handy with a welder and make your own racing simulator thingy.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@scatteh316: Oo =(|Ii just came .. err.. back.. from looking at those screenshots of Project Cars on PC. Very nice.

Metro: Last Light (PC, obviously):

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#614  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Guild Wars 2

Ho hum....hum drum....everything's the same...nothing interesting at all...yup, noth- ... OH MY GOD MY CHARACTER GOT TURNED INTO A PIG WHAT IS THIS SHENANIGANS!!!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@lostrib said:

I think T-Bone is my favorite character in Watch Dogs

Who's T-Bone? I'm still somewhere in Act II where I just got done blackmailing Bedbug.

He's coming up in Act 3

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616  Edited By Ben-Buja

More Project CARS

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Trying the Worse mod on Watch Dogs along with the DoF. Seems okay although I prefer it off.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#618  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

I am surprised at how well Red Dead Redemption holds up. I could have sworn I remember it being uglier.

Divinity Original Sin

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@cfisher2833 said:

I am surprised at how well Red Dead Redemption holds up. I could have sworn I remember it being uglier.

You'll notice the imperfections more once you upscale the image to full screen. It's good enough for playing purposes though.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@parkurtommo said:

@scottpsfan14 said:Infamous is simply a more graphically advanced game. Much more is going on in unison.

Prove it.

Well, it's common sense that a game designed to run on a PS3/360 will be less advanced. It has a lot better lighting and textures than the last gen consoles obv, but the WD on PS4 and on PC is the same game with the same assets. Infamous SS is designed for PS4 only. It's in another leauge really in terms of the renderer underneath. It's simply confused people the fact it's on PC makes people automatically think it's the most graphically advanced open world game. Not true.

It's possible to develop 2 different version of the game, you know. Is there even any proof that there are 360 assets in the PC and next gen version?

If anything the water in infamous looks straight out of a PS3 open world game. (Actually it looks worse than GTA Vs and RDRs water by far)

"t's in another leauge really in terms of the renderer underneath."

What exactly does that mean?

Infamous can't even do proper anisotropic filtering which is a common effect that modern GPUs can do with almost zero performance hit.

Listen, you can go on and list a million shortcomings of games. Infamous has a draw distance issue. Agreed. Pretty bad handling of LOD's on SP's part. Now as for the Infamous SS water, it is weird. I think it's art choice. It's a very similar shader to Infamous 2 water. Like no change.

Developing 2 different games isn't feasible. WD on PS3 has the same assets as PS4/PC. With lower lighting, textures and resolution. Watch this video.

If you think the content artists made significantly higher res character models for the PS4/PC version then you are mistaken. They are the same game exactly with added effects and resolution etc. People always like to call bullshit when I say that for some reason. Always hermits too.

Also when I said 'renderer underneath', I meant the actual rendering pipeline of the game itself. You find with all PC game ports that the rendering pipeline is drawing the exact same things to screen as the console version with extra effects added on. Infamous SS is a next gen game of it's genre. Compared to Infamous 2, it's a generational leap. Different games have different focus points so it's hard to determine the best looking game or what ever. Watch Dogs looks great with the DOF effects turned on and the tessellated water that looks real almost. Beats Infamous water by a million times. But that just so happened to be a focus point. GTA SA beats Infamous for car physics, but that's a focus point of that game. Get me?

For what Infamous is, it's the best of it's kind. It's simply an 8th gen super hero sand box game. Infamous 2/Prototype 2 etc are 7th gen super hero sand box games. And I think you will agree that there is a massive difference between Infamous 2 and SS. Watch Dogs is a game with a far less advanced rendering pipeline. A one created for PS3/360 in mind. This is why PC devs say they were limited by last gen consoles. It was the graphics pipeline they were speaking of. Look at all games that have a version on PS3/360, they are ALL limited by having assets created for 2005 GPU's.

Look at how AC Unity looks compared to the rest of the games because it's next gen only. If that was yet another PS3/360/PS4/XB1/PC/WiiU game, it would probably have stuck with the AC3/4 engine again and saw only minor improvements in lighting and textures even on the PC version. AC Unity has a rendering pipeline on another level to AC4. You can see the use of PBR and full body motion simulation straight away in the gameplay footage. The lighting looks more natural and more like CGI than a game. Look at Batman Arkham Knight (which is next gen only) compared to Arkham City. It's not just lighting and textures that are better, it's the whole rendering pipeline and assets that are a gen ahead. Many many developers talk of the possibilities of what next gen consoles will allow game content artists to come up with even on PC games.

Infamous SS might not have a hyper realistic artstyle, but think of what Uncharted 3 looks like compared to Infamous 2 on the same hardware. Expect Uncharted 4 to have a similar difference over Infamous SS. And that is an exciting prospect as Infamous SS is arguably one of the best looking games out now period in certain areas. With a regular rendering of 11 million polygons at any given time. That is a very geometrically dense world.

Thanks for taking your time to explain that.

"With a regular rendering of 11 million polygons at any given time. That is a very geometrically dense world."

For polygons goes the diminishing returns rule, there are many aspects more important than the complexity of meshes imo. Including shaders, lighting, animations, AA, AF, texture quality, shadows and ambient occlusion.

Also how many polygons does Watch Dogs render at any given time? Without knowing how much it does in comparison that figure is useless.

Actually the 11 million polygons is for the whole area.

It is not all rendered at the same time as the game has a lod setting which uses lower poly assets for objects further away.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Just a small selection. Right click and open each image in a new tab to view them :)

EDIT: Or...you can just click them now apparently. Didn't work before. FU internet :S

Can you spot the glitch/easter egg?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Finished Watch Dogs

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Divinity Original Sin (on the final boss!)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#625  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Some classic Dungeon Keeper 2.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626  Edited By Ben-Buja

Some Resident Evil 6

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

Never got to finish that game.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#628 happyduds77

@ladyblue: what are you waiting for? Go ahead and finish it asap.

It's the best game Rockstar ever made and it's also the best game of last gen IMO. It's filled with incredible amount of details, just riding alone on your steed and admiring the vast world is enough to keep you entertained.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

It's the best game Rockstar ever made and it's also the best game of last gen IMO. It's filled with incredible amount of details, just riding alone on your steed and admiring the vast world is enough to keep you entertained.

On the weekend . :P

I don't remember my copy looking that clean. Did you do anything?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Infamous SS foliage still pwns WD's with or without mods.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

for the umpteenth time, infamous often renders 11 mil polys per frame

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634  Edited By happyduds77

@ladyblue said:

@happyduds77 said:

On the weekend . :P

I don't remember my copy looking that clean. Did you do anything?

No I didn't do anything. Maybe you played the game on PS3 cause the PS3 version is sub HD and has less detail.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#636  Edited By Ben-Buja
@walloftruth said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

I hear the Crysis 1 first level is made up of just over 3 million polygons altogether. I'm not sure though. I have no sources for that.

You are about right with that statement. Here's a quick screengrab from the editor. I've loaded the first level "island" in the editor and as you can see above the FPS counter, the engine is drawing 1694,238 triangles at that time of day and weather settings. So that's about 1.7 million triangles, which theoretically are 3.4 million polygons. Now there are two things to take into account: When I move around in the level then the tris counter goes lower and higher, the highest is around 1.9 million tris, which theoretically are about 3.8 million polygons.

Now I keep using the word "theoretically" because as a model artist you'd want to make you models 100% quads, clean topology is everything but I don't know how efficient the people at Crytek worked on their models, so probably not every model has 100% quads, which means that you can't really say 1.9 million tris = 3.8 million polys. I'd say the average is around 3.4 million polygons per frame in the first level of Crysis 1 at VeryHigh settings.

Which also brings me to my point about I:SS 11 million polygon per frame claim. I find that hard to believe to be honest, the game has awful pop-in, especially if you're up on skyscrapers. So if I:SS has such a high polygon budget then why didn't they invest in higher quality LOD meshes? It just doesn't make much sense.

Not bad for a game that came out 7 years ago.

Do we actually have proof of I:SS using that many polygons other than the devs claiming it? Is there some tech analysis by an independent source?

I don't see Digital Foundry mention anything about it in their tech analysis, only that "Delsin's character model consists of more than 60,000 triangles with 7500 specifically used for his beanie" and "The sheer amount of geometry being rendered at any single time is quite impressive"

@gpuking nice try. but no, the foliage is totally static. WDs moves realistically in the wind.

@happyduds77 said:

No I didn't do anything. Maybe you played the game on PS3 cause the PS3 version is sub HD and has less detail.

Yup, I don't know about him but I've played the PS3 version and it definitely looks worse than that. I should have gone with the 360 version

@topic:

More Project CARS

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@Ben-Buja said:
@gpuking nice try. but no, the foliage is totally static. WDs moves realistically in the wind.

That plus the weather in WD is dynamic. It could be just windy, just rainy, just foggy, or a combination of all plus thunderstorms. Even on a nice day, you can see some morning fog limit visibility at sun up and see it dissipate through the morning. The weather alone makes WD a far more immersive world. Then there's the dynamic day night cycle

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

WTF, the foliage moves in Infamous, did you even play the game?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#642  Edited By Ben-Buja

@gpuking said:

WTF, the foliage moves in Infamous, did you even play the game?

No, I didn't because I don't own a PS4 yet. I'm waiting to buy one until it has some games I'm interested in.

I've watched gameplay of it though. Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTTL-AMz5g#t=720

Okay there's some slight movement if you look closely, but most of it is static and doesn't react to the player moving through it either.

Compared to Watch Dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXs6LBSLds&list=UUrtBcrjmcT37hiW35ePOeww#t=322

(pick 2x speed for normal gameplay speed)

I think most people will agree that Watch Dogs wins this one.

I don't know about last gen, the new 3D trees and the 3D bystanders definitely look way too good for PS3 gen hardware. (Compared to GT and the likes) but the environments definitely could use more polygons, some of the cliffs are very blocky, but this particular track (California Coast, 20+km length) has improved tremendously over the past 6 months.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Project Cars: Great car models, great texture mapping on cars and roads, great lighting, nice DOF and motion blur, last gen environments (at least compared to DriveClub). Do you agree?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644  Edited By Ben-Buja

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

I don't know about last gen, the new 3D trees and the 3D bystanders definitely look way too good for PS3 gen hardware. (Compared to GT and the likes) but the environments definitely could use more polygons, some of the cliffs are very blocky, but this particular track (California Coast, 20+km length) has improved tremendously over the past 6 months.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Project Cars: Great car models, great texture mapping on cars and roads, great lighting, nice DOF and motion blur, last gen environments (at least compared to DriveClub). Do you agree?

I will tell you one thing, as a sim racer, I think it already looks ace any way. It doesn't have to beat DriveClub in environments. It would be a waste of resources. They already have the best looking sim racer out there. I would focus on sim features (which they have likely already perfected).

That's true

Here are a couple more screenshots (They just added ripples in water puddles and the weather effects are coming together nicely)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Guild Wars 2

From some angles this "armor" doesn't seem very protective!

You gotta wonder...where is she stashing that pickaxe?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Watch Dogs on the laptop....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85

more laptop stuff.

I've learned that there's really no benefit to using my external laptop cooler - except maybe to keep my lap cool. If I use an external fan, the internal ones simply slow down.

Starcraft 2

Rome: Total War

This game is a little awkward to use with a trackpad - but not impossible. Also, since it seems to be a single core game, it doesn't make the laptop very hot at all.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#648  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@RyviusARC: Infamous SS renders 11 milion polygons at any given time on average. That's including all LOD details.

Prove it.

And by that I mean a video or screenshot that shows the calculations being done.

Something like with what Crysis does.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#650 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I will tell you one thing, as a sim racer, I think it already looks ace any way. It doesn't have to beat DriveClub in environments. It would be a waste of resources. They already have the best looking sim racer out there. I would focus on sim features (which they have likely already perfected).

That's true

Here are a couple more screenshots (They just added ripples in water puddles and the weather effects are coming together nicely)

Both games look amazing. I will be getting both this fall.