The Steam Summer Sale (June 19)

#451 Posted by harry_james_pot (10290 posts) -

Blue team! This is our day!!

#452 Edited by parkurtommo (25919 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

What a poop sale so far.

That's because we played the greatness that was Saints Row 4 at full price. Now these heathens can play Saints Row 4.

I refuse to play another SR game that is essentially SR3 with superpowers...

#453 Posted by clyde46 (43941 posts) -

Another meh day.

#454 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4034 posts) -

i might get 2x insurgency. game seems all right.

any comments?

#455 Posted by yokofox33 (29183 posts) -

Damn you, Steam. I wasn't gonna buy anything, but then Skyrim Ultimate Edition for 13.50 was too good to pass. Now I bought Castle Crashers for 1.50... 15 bucks ain't bad, but still. Damn you, Steam.

#456 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16738 posts) -

any comments?

If you have to say "seems all right", then you shouldn't be getting it and instead waiting on something actually worth getting.

#457 Edited by OhSnapitz (18010 posts) -

Son of a Bastard Face..

I was fighting to NOT purchase TR for the last week, but how could I pass up on $5. The PS4 version is still $40.

Argh! Stupid sexy steam sales.. lol

#458 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4034 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

any comments?

If you have to say "seems all right", then you shouldn't be getting it and instead waiting on something actually worth getting.

hahaha

what a dickhead.

#459 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24525 posts) -

Bought Marlow Briggs for $.99.

Installed it.

Game takes me to Main Menu.

Try to play game.

Game doesn't even get passed the Difficulty setting screen and kicks me out to the Main Menu and tells me my Network Connection has been Disconnected.

10/10.

#460 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4034 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

I would also very much recommend Insurgency to anyone looking for a modern day shooter that is different from other games.

ah yeah. good to know.

how long does a typical engagement last? like is it whoever sees who first is likely to make the kill, or do encouters last a little while?

#461 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16738 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

any comments?

hahaha

what a dickhead.

How so? You just seem stuck in a spot with this sale that I am often stuck at with them. There is nothing really good to buy, you have a hole burning in your pocket/wallet, and you are thinking of settling for a "second best/running-up" game to fix that hole that is burning. Don't buy it. You have 7 days left with this sale. Save that money for the games you really want.

#462 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24525 posts) -

These sales reminded me that Shovel Knight was about to come up and decided to look at my Humble Bundle stuff.

Turns out I got 8 Steam Games I have yet to have claimed and 5 Origin games yet to have claimed.

I'm pretty sure these are giftable. Anyone interested in Trading?

#463 Edited by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I would also very much recommend Insurgency to anyone looking for a modern day shooter that is different from other games.

ah yeah. good to know.

how long does a typical engagement last? like is it whoever sees who first is likely to make the kill, or do encouters last a little while?

you die in 1-2 shots. and there is no killfeed or killcam. So to confirm a kill you need to actually see it or check the scoreboard. And you wont know where you got sniped from

#464 Posted by foxhound_fox (87327 posts) -

These sales reminded me that Shovel Knight was about to come up and decided to look at my Humble Bundle stuff.

Turns out I got 8 Steam Games I have yet to have claimed and 5 Origin games yet to have claimed.

What do you have/what do you want?

#465 Edited by parkurtommo (25919 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

ah yeah. good to know.

you die in 1-2 shots. and there is no killfeed or killcam. So to confirm a kill you need to actually see it or check the scoreboard. And you wont know where you got sniped from

So, snipers are op?

#466 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24525 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

What do you have/what do you want?

What I currently do not have redeemed on my Humble Pages.

-Steam-

1. Orcs Must Die 2 Complete
  2. Serious Sam 3 BFE (I have another copy of this game in my Steam Inventory too)
  3. Garry's Mod
  4. Fez
  5. Limbo
  6. Bastion
  7. Nightsky
  8. Red Faction Armageddon (Path to War DLC too)

-Origin-

1. Burnout Paradise
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Battlefield 3
  4. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
  5. Populous

-DLC-

1. Gotham City Imposters Pro Kit
  2. Arkham Origins DLC
  3. LotR Online Steely Dawn Starter

Not quite sure if I will ever get rid of the DLC since they're pretty obscure though if you do want them I'll trade them for Steam Cards.

Here's my Steam Wishlist if you wish to check it out.

#467 Posted by Ballroompirate (22170 posts) -
#468 Edited by foxhound_fox (87327 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: All I've got that you want is Aquaria. And you don't really have anything I "need". :-(

If you really really want Aquaria, I'll trade you for a copy of Limbo.

And apparently, I just did some reading, and you can't trade "used" games for gifts. Just gifts for gifts. Damn.

#469 Posted by santoron (7622 posts) -

Bought Marlow Briggs for $.99.

Installed it.

Game takes me to Main Menu.

Try to play game.

Game doesn't even get passed the Difficulty setting screen and kicks me out to the Main Menu and tells me my Network Connection has been Disconnected.

10/10.

Add to Cart Add to Cart Add to Cart

#470 Posted by harry_james_pot (10290 posts) -
#471 Posted by Ballroompirate (22170 posts) -

Think I'm good for the rest of the Steam Summer Sale

• Borderlands 2 goty- 9.99
  • Titan Quest Gold- 3.99
  • Tomb Raider- 4.99
  • Kingdoms of Amalur- 4.99
  • Rome 2- 29.95
  • Contagion- 4.99
  • The Forest 14.99 (seriously doubt it was gonna go on sale so I just gave in and bought it)
  • Divinity 2- 3.99
  • Divinity Original Sin- 31
#472 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24525 posts) -
#473 Posted by svetzenlether (3081 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

What a poop sale so far.

That's because we played the greatness that was Saints Row 4 at full price. Now these heathens can play Saints Row 4.

Still better than GTA

#474 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11466 posts) -

So far I've bought:

Torchlight 2

State of Decay

Borderlands 2 GOTY

The Wolf Among Us

#475 Edited by svetzenlether (3081 posts) -

Really unimpressed with this sale so far. Seems like everything's early access, or indie, or both. I could see myself getting some Rocksmith tracks but other than that?

#476 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29056 posts) -

Just picked up Rogue Legacy and Spelunky. Both look pretty fun. Lots of stuff on sale so far that I'd get if I didn't already have lol

#477 Posted by parkurtommo (25919 posts) -

@chessmaster1989: I think the solution is obvious: Make a new steam account and buy them again!

#478 Posted by parkurtommo (25919 posts) -

Where are the flash sales? I need to check them before I go to sleep dammit! :P

#479 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38194 posts) -

Saints Row IV is actually pretty damn awesome

#480 Posted by Minishdriveby (10116 posts) -

Well that's the second game bought for this sale: Gone Home -85% - $2.99

#481 Edited by Sword-Demon (6921 posts) -

I'm glad my team is finally winning, but I'm now fully convinced the whole thing is rigged.

each day, a different team won; and every time it was a landslide victory, with all of the losing teams being right around the same score amd the winning team being 2-3x that (day 2 is the only exception with the 2nd place team splitting the difference between the winner and the rest of the teams). the chances of that happening by coincidence are slim to none; and that happening on purpose would require cooperation between hundreds of thousands of people on all 5 teams - that's obviously not happening. The only logical explanation is that Valve is controlling the scores, making sure that each team gets a victory.

And I'll save you guys the trouble of finding the pic. Your Welcome.

#482 Edited by Sword-Demon (6921 posts) -

Saints Row IV is actually pretty damn awesome

I enjoyed it, but I think SR3 was better

#483 Posted by lawlessx (46393 posts) -

I'm glad my team is finally winning, but I'm now fully convinced the whole thing is rigged.

each day, a different team won; and every time it was a landslide victory, with all of the losing teams being right around the same score amd the winning team being 2-3x that (day 2 is the only exception with the 2nd place team splitting the difference between the winner and the rest of the teams). the chances of that happening by coincidence are slim to none; and that happening on purpose would require cooperation between hundreds of thousands of people on all 5 teams - that's obviously not happening. The only logical explanation is that Valve is controlling the scores, making sure that each team gets a victory.

i have to agree..this looks very rigged.

#484 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10960 posts) -

I'm looking at Gone Home, anyone recommend it?

#485 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4034 posts) -
@lawlessx said:

@Sword-Demon said:

i have to agree..this looks very rigged.

how do we feel about this?

i think it's fine.

#486 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1316 posts) -

So far kind of meh for me. Best thing for me was the second Helsing.

#487 Posted by Arach666 (23018 posts) -

Got Skyrim,Takedown: Red Sabre,Brutal Legend and Spec Ops: The Line,I think I´m done for this one.

#488 Posted by MonsieurX (29148 posts) -

I want 40% off KSP,do iiiiiiiiiiiit

#489 Posted by sailor232 (4346 posts) -

Couldn't let Spec Ops: The Line get away this time. Love that game. I've spent more money than I wanted :(

#490 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16738 posts) -

It's a very short game.

#491 Posted by LZ71 (10273 posts) -

How is Dark Souls's checkpoint system? I enjoyed Demon's Souls quite a bit, but I was constantly frustrated about having to repeat the entire level over and over again if I simply died at the end boss (for the record, I don't think it's a bad mechanic necessarily, just I don't have the time for a game like that right now). I remember people saying Dark Souls is more open world, has that changed things much from the first game?

#492 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11466 posts) -

@LZ71 said:

How is Dark Souls's checkpoint system? I enjoyed Demon's Souls quite a bit, but I was constantly frustrated about having to repeat the entire level over and over again if I simply died at the end boss (for the record, I don't think it's a bad mechanic necessarily, just I don't have the time for a game like that right now). I remember people saying Dark Souls is more open world, has that changed things much from the first game?

There are bonfires which act as checkpoints, and they are pretty well spaced throughout the levels. It's more of a linear open world in that you have to progress through one area to get to another, but you are free to travel back and forth between parts of the map. There are alternate routes to different areas if you can find them.

But the structure is definitely better than Demon's Souls.

#493 Edited by mems_1224 (46144 posts) -

Anyone play Insurgency? It looks kinda cool.

#494 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10960 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

It's a very short game.

Yeah, I was close to getting it when I saw the MC average and the reviews from some sites. But I just went through the mostly negative user reviews on Steam and I'll probably hold off for now.

#495 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

Wow. I spent 99 dollars already.

#496 Edited by santoron (7622 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

I want 40% off KSP,do iiiiiiiiiiiit

Excellent taste. It'll happen!

Made my first picks with FTL (can't believe I've never picked it up) and Spec Ops.

#497 Posted by tubbyc (3658 posts) -

@LZ71 said:

In general, you'll experience something very similar in Dark Souls when it comes to dealing with a bunch of enemies (or running/rolling past them if you know where to go and get your timing and stamina management right) to get back to the boss. It's just set up differently.

With Demon's Souls, there's the use of portals to separate areas and more of an emphasis on opening short-cuts. With Dark Souls, you've got the bonfires used as checkpoints.

#498 Edited by jg4xchamp (46972 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

What a poop sale so far.

That's cool, be allergic to fun.

#499 Posted by wiifan001 (18340 posts) -

12 freekin games so far since the sale and I still have spent less than what I would have single handedly on Mario Kart 8

Because of Steam and the other amazing deals found on Amazon, Origin, HumbleBundle, etc. I just can't go back to Nintendo gaming right now, or even console gaming for that matter.

#500 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

ah yeah. good to know.

Shots are pretty deadly. Headshots are insta kill and I think heart shots too (not sure).

But there is a lot of depth to the combat, like supression and such, so engagements can be about who spots who first but can also be longer lasting :)