The saddest truth of all regarding the XBones launch.

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It's not ResolutionGate.

It's not the DRM and subsequent reversal

No, it's not even that "Power of the Cloud" distortion thrown in your faces.

It's the fact that for millions of XBox-only gamers, they have been given literally nothing else to be excited about in the year 2013. For the cost of having some unfounded hatred for Sony and Nintendo, the last real notable game to come to the XBox only has been this:

Widely regarded as a lower-scoring B-Team version of the franchise. It is very little wonder that the hand full of die-hard XBox supporters here in this forum and many others are parroting the vaunted "superior launch line up of the XBox One" as if that is a massive feather in their cap. Oh, indeed, DriveClub got pushed back from launch which is oh-so-convenient to point out at each and every possible turn but it belies an often unstated point.

What if Sony decided to roll back it's development resources for the past two years to focus only on the PS4 launch? If the Playstation simply decided to roll up the carpet and call it a day after Ni No Kuni launched this year? I dare say that it is FAR and away more impressive that Sony has given you a reason to keep playing your PS3 in 2013 than it is for them to have front-loaded a console launch day to a game-starved fanbase. They literally treat the gamer like a little forest creature they can smoke out of a hole at their beck and whim.

TLDR version: It's probably a good thing the PS4 is coming with an HDMI cable, because after all the bickering the XBox fanbase did over the PS3 not coming with one (well, at least on the forums I visited at the time), at least Sony really is giving you a reason to keep the PS3 plugged in. Transversely, what is the best you will do with a 360? Plug it in through the HDMI-in port for giggles for a while and then it will end up in your garage eventually? Don't lie to kick it. We really know the score.

Negro-y-Azul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Negro-y-Azul
Member since 2013 • 79 Posts

The last Xbox 360 game of note was the Game of the Year, GTAV. It sold massive amounts so it's safe to say 360 gamers had a great time with it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja

@negro-y-azul said:

The last Xbox 360 game of note was the Game of the Year, GTAV. It sold massive amounts so it's safe to say 360 gamers had a great time with it.

PS3 version was a figment of our collective imaginations? Funny that, as many sites proclaimed it ran better on the PS3, too.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

It gave me the best zombie I've ever played.

I see no reason to get rid of my 360. There's still many games I need to play. I don't just go with the times and gens. I play whatever I want to play, whenever I want to play.

Negro-y-Azul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Negro-y-Azul

@Shewgenja said:

@negro-y-azul said:

PS3 version was a figment of our collective imaginations? Funny that, as many sites proclaimed it ran better on the PS3, too.

It hurts to read such idiocy.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shewgenja

@negro-y-azul said:

@Shewgenja said:

@negro-y-azul said:

Does it? Because, I didn't even point out that the PS3 out-sold the 360 for the first time in many months in the US because of said GTAV.. but, believe whatever you're going to believe, sir.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

The 360 is dead.

The Xbone will have the same fate as the Xbox and 360. It will be abandoned after the first years.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@negro-y-azul said:

@Shewgenja said:

@negro-y-azul said:

Does it? Because, I didn't even point out that the PS3 out-sold the 360 for the first time in many months in the US because of said GTAV.. but, believe whatever you're going to believe, sir.

Aah system wars.. all numbers and no logic. It didnt' sell that many more copies on PS3 and the reason it sold more on the PS3 was because they made a good PS3 bundle that came with GTA V.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

The saddest truth for XO is the lack of games 360 had this year?

I don't get it.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

It's not ResolutionGate.

It's the fact that for millions of XBox-only gamers, they have been given literally nothing else to be excited about in the year 2013. For the cost of having some unfounded hatred for Sony and Nintendo, the last real notable game to come to the XBox only has been this:

Widely regarded as a lower-scoring B-Team version of the franchise. It is very little wonder that the hand full of die-hard XBox supporters here in this forum and many others are parroting the vaunted "superior launch line up of the XBox One" as if that is a massive feather in their cap. Oh, indeed, DriveClub got pushed back from launch which is oh-so-convenient to point out at each and every possible turn but it belies an often unstated point.

What if Sony decided to roll back it's development resources for the past two years to focus only on the PS4 launch? If the Playstation simply decided to roll up the carpet and call it a day after Ni No Kuni launched this year? I dare say that it is FAR and away more impressive that Sony has given you a reason to keep playing your PS3 in 2013 than it is for them to have front-loaded a console launch day to a game-starved fanbase. They literally treat the gamer like a little forest creature they can smoke out of a hole at their beck and whim.

TLDR version: It's probably a good thing the PS4 is coming with an HDMI cable, because after all the bickering the XBox fanbase did over the PS3 not coming with one (well, at least on the forums I visited at the time), at least Sony really is giving you a reason to keep the PS3 plugged in. Transversely, what is the best you will do with a 360? Plug it in through the HDMI-in port for giggles for a while and then it will end up in your garage eventually? Don't lie to kick it. We really know the score.

Oh you mentioned DRM? Funny you should say that. Here is Sony's Patent File.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=20130007892&OS=20130007892&RS=20130007892

will make a thread on this. Thanks for reminding me.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shewgenja

@edidili said:

I don't get it.

The hype is artificially inflated for XBones launch lineup. For PS3 owners, no one is holding a gun to their head and saying "no games for you in 2013 or foreverty ever" for not buying a PS4.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@edidili said:

I don't get it.

The hype is artificially inflated for XBones launch lineup. For PS3 owners, no one is holding a gun to their head and saying "no games for you in 2013 or foreverty ever" for not buying a PS4.

I still don't get why that is a sad truth for XO. It may be sad for 360 that all the games planned for it ended up on XO but for XO, is the opposite of sad actually.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

A bad 360 year means a good XBox One year. A good PS3 year means a bad PS4 year. Take your pick

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

Im happy there is so many fortune tellers that know the future. At any rate you can tell Sony fans care more about the xbox one than they do about the PS4 by how many X1 topics made by Sony fans

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

What are you talking about 360 gave me a new call of duty game every year since 2006, great online experience, Madden every year since launch, and even had a few good games like GeoW, DR, and other great games that were multiplat that I got to play on their great online service. Yeah I am a "brogamer" I suppose or casual, not hardcore which is a crime on these forums, I'm part of the problem with gaming, lol...

I want, KI always loved the game can't wait to get my hands on the new one, gonna get the pack that gives me the original version for the nostalgia. Gonna get COD ghost, twice for Xbox 360 and when I make the leap to X1. I got a 6 and 4 year old that love Kinect games like ninja fruit, elmo, kinect sports. I see what's on netflix every now and again. I gives me all I need, I don't play single player games anymore, sometimes a go almost a month with out touching my 360.

So here around March I'll be getting something, most likely X1 mostly because of KI. I don't care about pixels and resolution, I've seen the videos and games look on par with each other, no deal breaker differences, and by March there will be plenty of vids, and I can see both in stores side by side and if my mind changes and I wanna save a $100 so be it, but it's gotta be a huge difference to pull me away from KI. Titanfall also helps Ones case a lot too.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Shewgenja:

Are you kidding me? There's a ton of cross generation games that frankly seem to have been made with the older hardware in mind. Plenty to play on Xbox 360 for the coming months. Now the Wii U... that's another story.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Shewgenja: Didn't read your bias opinionated blog. Not SW material.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

The saddest thing about the Xbone launch is how insecure and asshurt it makes cows. I swear you cows care more about the Xbone than lems do, you make a helluva lot more threads about it.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

One of my main reasons for sticking with Sony is because I can expect quality software throughout its entire lifecylce. Hats off to them for properly supporting their base. That's one of the biggest hurdles from me being an Xboxer - my memory.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

No. The sad truth is Cows talk about the XBONE more than Lems do. It is almost like Cows are upset people are gonna have a good time playing Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 or something.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Well it's sad that the 360 only got one exclusive all year long, but the PS3 has been keeping me busy. With the PS4 coming out very soon, I'll be playing that the most and will be getting pretty much every 3rd party game I decide to buy on consoles for it.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

It's not ResolutionGate.

Wow, you're trying really hard to downplay the growing sentiment that the difference between the current PS4 and Xbox One games is very small. And you're not doing a great job of that. As for the games, so long as my 360 had new games for me to play I was fine. But I do agree the PS3 has had a better line-up in 2013. Certainly better than the PS4 launch lineup which is anemic at best.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Suppaman100

@timbers_WSU said:

No. The sad truth is Cows talk about the XBONE more than Lems do. It is almost like Cows are upset people are gonna have a good time playing Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 or something.

Lol Flop DLC instinct and a mediocre zombie game.

Nobody is jealous about those games.

Wouldn't even want to play them on sucky hardware like Xbone anyway. have fun with your sub 1080p/30 fps inferior games though.

LOL

Negro-y-Azul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Negro-y-Azul

@Shewgenja said:

@negro-y-azul said:

@Shewgenja said:

@negro-y-azul said:

I repeat. Idiocy. Who the hell cares about sales. Go brag to the sheep with their Wii sales.

Idiocy is when you try and reduce the entire system to it's exclusives when the reality is that 360 and PS3 were both absolutely defined by multiplats. It's hilarious to see people going on about Gears Judgement when everyone knows 360 fans were playing GTA and Bioshock and Crysis and Tomb Raider and all the other great games this year.

Try saying your "Xbox has no games" theory to an actual gamer and they'll laugh at what an idiot you are.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Xbox has such an amazingly diverse backlog of exclusives or games shared with PC but not PS3 it's not even funny to make sweeping generalizations like that. Like for example, I'm playing Battlestations Pacific right now - a WW2 hybrid of strategy and air/naval/submarine combat which scored 8.0 on GS and didn't come out on PS3.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Xbox has such an amazingly diverse backlog of exclusives or games shared with PC but not PS3 it's not even funny to make sweeping generalizations like that. Like for example, I'm playing Battlestations Pacific right now - a WW2 hybrid of strategy and air/naval/submarine combat which scored 8.0 on GS and didn't come out on PS3.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#28 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

It's not ResolutionGate.

No. I have played GTA5, Blacklist, Bioshock infinite this year on my 360. See these are called G A M E S. And they count when amassing a library. Yes you can play them elsewhere, but you can play them on 360 as well. And you said "Xbox only gamers" so that's probably what they played these games on. The saddest thing about the X1 launch imo is the fact that PS4 only buyers care so much about it.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Somehow you forgot about all the great 3rd party and xbla games that graced 360 this year. Sure, its line-up doesn't come close to PC or PS3, but it's not as bad as you try to make it out to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

XBOX 360 Rocks, dude! There's plenty of life left in it. Hell, I've yet to buy so many games in XBLA and cheap physical games available now. Same goes for PS3.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

this is one of the three main reasons im quitting MS boat and probably never coming back. people thinking that MS will be decent with exclusives like they're at launch two years down the road are stupid and are dreaming. from launch to Fall 2014 its gonna be decent but be sure if the console becomes popular that exclusive titles is the thing MS will forget first just like what they did when they've seen Kinect success. Enjoy your year one exclusives because for the next 8-9 years it'll be 1-3 exclusives per year and we all know which they're *cough* Halo, Forza, Gears *cough*

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

360 is dead, xbone is not out yet, how can somebody be a lemming right now??

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#33 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

It's not ResolutionGate.

the saddest thing about xbox one is that its in fact the next gen's Wii

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

Probably the fact it's better then PS4

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

You have a point about Sony still supporting previous consoles with stellar exclusives.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Suppaman100

@multipass35 said:

You're wrong 2 times.

It's "than" not then. And PS4 is better.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

That is why Sony is simply better.

This year i have enjoyed TLOU immensely and will be getting GT6. I can't remember the last exclusive to come out for the 360

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@blackace said:

Its exactly SW material. It just hurt you that's all.. You wouldn't know if its biased or opinionated if you didnt read it ;)

Self owned.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts
@Suppaman100 said:

@multipass35 said:

You're wrong 2 times.

It's "than" not then. And PS4 is better.

Ouch!

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

No. I have played GTA5, Blacklist, Bioshock infinite this year on my 360. See these are called G A M E S. And they count when amassing a library. Yes you can play them elsewhere, but you can play them on 360 as well. And you said "Xbox only gamers" so that's probably what they played these games on. The saddest thing about the X1 launch imo is the fact that PS4 only buyers care so much about it.

I really wish there was a "like" button on these forums. Exactly what I was thinking.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Wouldn't even want to play them on sucky hardware like Xbone anyway. have fun with your sub 1080p/30 fps inferior games though.

LOL

I often wonder if imature idiots know they are indeed imature idiots.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shewgenja

@dotWithShoes said:

@cainetao11 said:

I really wish there was a "like" button on these forums. Exactly what I was thinking.

Oh, so they count on the XBox 360 but in all of the Launch List Wars, all of a sudden the PS4s launch lineup doesn't count? Thread is about exclusives. Don't obfuscate. Then the XBone really doesn't have a leg to stand on. Unless you're willing to admit 22 games is a whole lot of games to play and leave it at that.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

LOL

What are you, 12?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackace

@Snugenz said:

The saddest thing about the Xbone launch is how insecure and asshurt it makes cows. I swear you cows care more about the Xbone than lems do, you make a helluva lot more threads about it.

This ^^^^^^ X's 10. lol!! Cows are actually making the Xbox One more popular. The more you talk about it, the more people get interested in it and want to know more about it. No wonder XB1 preorders have increased.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blackace

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

Its exactly SW material. It just hurt you that's all.. You wouldn't know if its biased or opinionated if you didnt read it ;)

Self owned.

How can something hurt me that I didn't read. lol!! Get a life idiot. Oh wait you already have one. Trolling SW 7/24 and bad mouthing the XB1 and Microsoft. That's your job and life. Your payment is kissing Sony's @$$ for an hour. lol!!

Shewgenia should BLOG IT next time. no one wants to read his bias rants.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I think the real question here is...why do you care soooo much.

Caring enough to spend X amount of time writing a huge post about a console you hate just seems so...pathetic. Just buy a PS4 man. Just do it and maybe go get some air.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@kingoflife9: Thats the same amount of time you have been out of the womb, sorta wish they had abandoned you.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5872 Posts

All in all Sony and Microsoft have similar numbers of 1st party developers infact Microsoft has more after recent purchases.

The simple truth is more Sony developers have developed for ps3 than ps4 in the last year. While more Microsoft developers have developed for xbox one than 360. End result more games on ps3 and xbox one this year than others.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

I tend to agree. There has been no reason to turn my Xbox 360 on for months.