The Real Power of the X1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (4958 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

Particle effects are nices but the rain and textures look like ass

Oh if those textures and tessellation look like ass then every game on any platform right now looks like ass.

This is what happens when you only game on one system.

Cept he's right

Yup. Especially after that BF4 Beta.. yikes

#152 Posted by Crypt_mx (3864 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Oh if those textures and tessellation look like ass then every game on any platform right now looks like ass.

Cept he's right

Cept he's not....Killzone has always been good at using as much trickery as possible to make their games look good. When KZ2 first came out everyone said it looked better than Crysis, every Sony fan did at least. When realistically it was a sluggish game with bad textures, low poly counts, and it ran at a slow framerate.

From th KZ:SF footage ive seen, it seems like the biggest improvements come from lighting and decent particles. It is still console game, and is still restricted on what it can achieve, even in the new gen.

MANY PC games look better than that, not just 1 or 2....

#153 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4958 posts) -

@Crypt_mx said:

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Cept he's right

Cept he's not....Killzone has always been good at using as much trickery as possible to make their games look good. When KZ2 first came out everyone said it looked better than Crysis, every Sony fan did at least. When realistically it was a sluggish game with bad textures, low poly counts, and it ran at a slow framerate.

From th KZ:SF footage ive seen, it seems like the biggest improvements come from lighting and decent particles. It is still console game, and is still restricted on what it can achieve, even in the new gen.

Crysis 3 and BF4 and KZ:SF are in the same league

What are you gonna name? LOL Name these MANY PC games.. LMAO please relax.

#154 Posted by Chutebox (35688 posts) -

@Crypt_mx said:

Ya, I corrected myself. I know it doesn't match PCs.

#155 Edited by Tighaman (616 posts) -

ive been telling yall from the begining that its about offloading theres no heaving lifting for gpu or cpu enough co processors and microprocessors to offload heavy workloads and about PRT of course the playstation could do it software to hardware but X1 is doing hardware to software totally more efficient method. I swear you all really need to read on the x1 upscaler is more advanced than any upscaler on the and what SHAPE is really used for, how NAND flash + esram effectiveness, you would be suprised. oh and the X1 is on tour G walking.

#156 Posted by superclocked (5676 posts) -

@superclocked said:

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

There are no CU reserve for the PS4,the xbox one has Kinect which use compute and kinect is mandatory and we have a metro like UI on xbox that is also GPU accelerated,oh wait i forgot snap which also is not on PS4 because it is not a cable box.

So yeah MS admitted that the 10% GPU reservation was mostly for Kinect and snap,2 things with no reservation on PS4.

So yeah 1.18 TF vs 1.84 TF..

I read several months ago that 1 of 19 active CU's is reserved for the PS4's user interface. But, since Sony is only activating 18 of those compute units, and have refused to answer any questions regarding the UI and OS reservation, it stands to reason that 1 or maybe 2 of the CU's is reserved for the UI. The point is that we don't know yet, so we shouldn't compare the full PS4 specs with partial XB1 specs...

#157 Edited by blackace (18479 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24: Which isn't all that much really. The real deal breaker for most people is the price and Microsoft's arrogance with Kinect. If Microsoft sold an SKU without Kinect for $350, then they would make a ton more money on software sales in the future...

comparing consoles it sure is!!!

Xbone was designed to be a TV player. Maybe lems forget the xbone big reveal.

And you forgot about the 14 XB1 Exclusive games revealed at the E3. lol!! You also forgot about Sony Viacom TV show promotion. Get lost stupid cow.

Cows also forgot about this.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-playstation-to-become-more-service-oriented/1100-6415535/

Sony ain't all about games. They want a lot of apps and programs so they into gamers wallets.

#158 Edited by Crypt_mx (3864 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Cept he's right

I'll tell you that Crysis 1(modded), Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 all look better than KZ technically. BF 3 and 4. Metro Last Light. Witcher 2. GTA 4 and Skyrim (modded) Those games all look better.....

#159 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

ive been telling yall from the begining that its about offloading theres no heaving lifting for gpu or cpu enough co processors and microprocessors to offload heavy workloads and about PRT of course the playstation could do it software to hardware but X1 is doing hardware to software totally more efficient method. I swear you all really need to read on the x1 upscaler is more advanced than any upscaler on the and what SHAPE is really used for, how NAND flash + esram effectiveness, you would be suprised. oh and the X1 is on tour G walking.

Another lem spouting nonsense with nothing to back it up with.

#160 Edited by superclocked (5676 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

Just because you can't understand what he's talking about does not make it nonsense. The XB1 does have more secret sauce than the PS4, whether cows like it or not. And developers are just now getting access to it. The graphics will be very close again this gen...

#161 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4958 posts) -

@Crypt_mx said:

@Douevenlift_bro:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Cept he's right

I'll tell you that Crysis 1(modded), Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 all look better than KZ technically. BF 3 and 4. Metro Last Light. Witcher 2. GTA 4 and Skyrim (modded) Those games all look better.....

Crysis 1 with mods LMAO GTA4 with mods LMAO Skyrim LMAO Crysis 2?? LMAO BF3? LMAO

Doesn't matter how many mods you add, shit is shit.

Get the HELL out of here. I knew your post would be a joke

#162 Posted by blackace (18479 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@blackace said:

@Wasdie said:

@blackace: I really hate to burst your bubble but this isn't new tech. This is just Microsoft supporting it directly within DirectX. Instead of devs having to develop and manage their own streaming solutions, DirectX now has it built it.

Ever wonder how games like Skyrim and GTA V can run on the PS3/360 despite them having only 512mbs of ram? They stream the content in on the fly to the GPU in a similar way to this demo. This is just a more optimized way of doing it which is great for devs.

So this isn't a big advantage at all. This is nothing more than software maturing further.

Yeah ok. This tech isn't on XBox 360/PS4 or any other platform. Only on Windows 8.1 & XB1. Watch the video. They tell you that in the video. Whatever you are talking about is old tech and has nothing to do with Tile Resources at all. Am i suppose to believe you or the Microsoft software engineers in the videos demonstrating it to developers? lol!!

It's already been said PS4 could do it if needed, I think. But I don't think it's needed because of PS4's ram.

Watch the video. lol!! Only on Window 8.1 and XB1 (Direct X 11.2). PS4 doesn't have it. It's in the hardware now. The TR that was being done on the PS3/360 was software only. There's a huge difference. No one on here has watch both videos to the end, I know that. lol!! All I see is bias butthurt hatred coming from cows. It's pretty funny. Like I said. Give it a year and we'll look at the games and see what's what. You really can't judge things on launch titles, especially when devs aren't using final devkits for the games.

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

#163 Edited by NFJSupreme (4544 posts) -

consolites should never argue over hardware. Stick to arguing over games. You look foolish when you call something like a console a "powerhouse".

#164 Edited by remiks00 (1074 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have heard talk of secret sauce for the X1. Other than indie devs making a game for Sony, have we heard reports of the 50% more powerful PS4. (due to indie trying to kiss Sony's a$$) No third party devs have supported this claim.

Along with the power difference, we have also heard that/ the PS4 is easier to develop for. *Cough, Cough* Driveclub.

This article (wall of text) from one of my favorite sites. http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/ explains Tiled Resources and how they make the X1 a unstoppable beast. There are some videos there that demonstrate this.

Also to support this. http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

It also explains how Sonys console will be tapped out and the X1 will truly be a powerhouse for the next 10 years. It also raises the 4K gaming potential that's supports what MS said.

Flame if you want about the source but when this hits...................KABOOM!

did you really link misterxmedia LOL? what is it with all these lemmings damage controlling like crazy lately? all this negative news about the Xbox One is really getting to them i guess, the rushed games, Crytek trying to help Microsoft figure out their own console and its capabilities.. what is going on?

*cough cough* Tiled resources can be done on all GCN cards LOL, Tiled resource is a fix for low RAM, Xbox One needs this more then PS4 because it only has 32 mb of fast bandwidth (the eSRAM)

*looks at 900p Ryse and 720p Killer Instinct and other upscaled games*

powerhouse, righttt

TC has been damage controlling alot with all these threads but he has actually self owned himself in his OP LOL.. what a fail, doesnt even know much about hardware and software

@xboxiphoneps3 So that means that the PS4 can do tiled resources as well?? I'm curious of how true this info is, can you provide a link?

Now what?

@killzowned24 thank you my good sir,just what I was looking for. That's awesome, so PS4 will have this as well,so It's actually nothing to brag about!

/thread

#165 Posted by I_can_haz (5711 posts) -

Damn, this thread backfired on the OP.

The thread should be renamed "The True Power of Sub-1080p on X1"

#166 Edited by Crypt_mx (3864 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@Douevenlift_bro:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Cept he's right

Crysis 1 with mods LMAO GTA4 with mods LMAO Skyrim LMAO Crysis 2?? LMAO BF3? LMAO

Doesn't matter how many mods you add, shit is shit.

Get the HELL out of here. I knew your post would be a joke

Aha alright buddy, I see you dont take loosing very well. You should really do some research.

I wont waste time arguing with you. Crysis 1 has many amazing texture and lighting mods that easily put it up there with any new gen game. GTA 4 has the ICEnhancer, youtube it. Just look around at some of the amazing mod work in Skyrim, look up skyrim graphics mods. BF3 is a closer one obviously, but the 360 and ps3 ran BF3 on low with half the player count and half the frame rate. The next gen consoles (IMO) wouldn't be able to run BF3 on Ultra at 60fps. Crysis 2 (with the DX11 and texture pack) blows KZ out of the water...lets not even talk about the maldo mod for it which would make KZ cry.

EDIT:

Skyrim looking like a next gen game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbByL1EUO4c

#167 Posted by superclocked (5676 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro: Crysis 2 and 3 do indeed look better than anything I've seen in Killzone Shadowfall. Hell, I can take screenshots of Vanilla Crysis 2 if you like. Every surface is covered in tiny 3D details, and you need nearly twice the power of the PS4's GPU in order to run it using all Ultra settings @ 1080p/60fps..

Also, Battlefield 3 on the PC does look much better than Battlefield 4 on the PS4. The same applies, though. You need a GPU about twice as powerful as what the PS4 is using in order to maintiain 60fps @ 1080p using all max settings...

#168 Edited by blackace (18479 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@killzowned24 said:

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have heard talk of secret sauce for the X1. Other than indie devs making a game for Sony, have we heard reports of the 50% more powerful PS4. (due to indie trying to kiss Sony's a$$) No third party devs have supported this claim.

Along with the power difference, we have also heard that/ the PS4 is easier to develop for. *Cough, Cough* Driveclub.

This article (wall of text) from one of my favorite sites. http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/ explains Tiled Resources and how they make the X1 a unstoppable beast. There are some videos there that demonstrate this.

Also to support this. http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

It also explains how Sonys console will be tapped out and the X1 will truly be a powerhouse for the next 10 years. It also raises the 4K gaming potential that's supports what MS said.

did you really link misterxmedia LOL? what is it with all these lemmings damage controlling like crazy lately? all this negative news about the Xbox One is really getting to them i guess, the rushed games, Crytek trying to help Microsoft figure out their own console and its capabilities.. what is going on?

*cough cough* Tiled resources can be done on all GCN cards LOL, Tiled resource is a fix for low RAM, Xbox One needs this more then PS4 because it only has 32 mb of fast bandwidth (the eSRAM)

powerhouse, righttt

TC has been damage controlling alot with all these threads but he has actually self owned himself in his OP LOL.. what a fail, doesnt even know much about hardware and software

@xboxiphoneps3 So that means that the PS4 can do tiled resources as well?? I'm curious of how true this info is, can you provide a link?

Now what?

@killzowned24 thank you my good sir,just what I was looking for. That's awesome, so PS4 will have this as well,so It's actually nothing to brag about!

/thread

It won't have it. It's only on Window 8.1 & XB1. Whatever they have on the PS4 isn't the same as this. Watch video and they tell you it's only on Window 8.1 & XB1. It's works with ESRAM, which the PS4 doesn't even have. So whatever specs is posted has nothing to do with this.

#169 Posted by Giancar (19002 posts) -

Misterxmedia?

Btw: TC is a fakeboy that wants to make seem lems bad. Well, a lot are getting aboard with the "secret sauce" meme.

#170 Edited by MK-Professor (3478 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@silversix_ said:

@Thunder7151 said:

I expected Microsoft to make the XBOX ONE extremely powerful, and I was right. DirectX 11.2 + Tiled Resources will obviously give it major graphical power. Just look at Ryse!! Amazing game visually and gameplay-wise as well!!

so powerful with that HD7770 hahah

Its a R9 280 hybrid. Or are you implying that it is running on PC in this pic? That is Sony's tactic.

Specs or not, these graphics are speaking for themselves.

WOW JUST WOW, can someone be more pathetic than this?

R9 280(HD7970GHz)

• 1050MHz Engine Clock
  • 4.3 TFLOPS
  • 134.4 GTex/s
  • 33.6 GPix/s
  • 288GB/s DDR5
  • 32 ROPS
  • 32 CUs (2048 ALUs)

Xbox One:

• 853MHz Engine Clock
  • 1.3 TFLOPS
  • 40.9 GTex/s
  • 13.6 GPix/s
  • 68GB/s DDR3
  • 109GB/s eSRAM
  • 16 ROPS
  • 12 CUs (768 ALUs)
#171 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11061 posts) -

@Giancar said:

Misterxmedia?

Btw: TC is a fakeboy that wants to make seem lems bad. Well, a lot are getting aboard with the "secret sauce" meme.

unequivocal, clear as day truth facts being presented for the masses. anyone who thinks differently is obviously a cow bro.

I love how his "Source," goes on to state the ps4 couldn't run Ryse at a decent framerate when that games been in the microsoft stables ever since it was announced as a kinect 360 title.

"Ever wonder why Ryse is an exclusive?" Who the hell takes this guy seriously?

That entire blog is like some weird Fanboy/MS PR club house: NO logic allowed.

#172 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2209 posts) -
#173 Posted by Phreek300 (142 posts) -

What sad sorry excuse for a retarded fanboy you are FoxbatAlpha. Ryse looks great but all I see are the delusional rantings of another fanboy. Anyone claiming secret power of any console just needs to shut it. I don't know about you but I will be enjoying all systems in one way or another. I'm not a near sided nimrod like you.

#174 Posted by tormentos (15310 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

I find it amusing how there is all this argument over tflops, gflops, etc. "The ps4 has 50% more power" this gen just like "the magic of the cell" was supposed to be the end all last gen. Does anyone honestly think that when people are out shopping for a new console for Christmas or themselves and see knack on the one side and ryse on the other that they will think the ps4 is more powerful? Even if it were Killzone showing for the ps4 and Ryse on the X1, people would not be able to tell you which system is more powerful. Some may prefer the look of Killzone and others Ryse (I personally think Ryse looks more lifelike which likely = more impressive to most).

Nevermind that the PS4 advertises as the most powerful gaming rig with online capabilities while X1 has the same declaration plus a slew of features being shown off that does have appeal whether sony or their fans want to admit it or not. IMO, the only thing the ps4 will have going for it to the every-day-consumer is the price; it will be up to the consumer to decide if the extra features and Kinect are worth the difference

Yeah funny like people will not see Killer Instinct and Killzone SF alone side it and very fast notice which look better,oh wait how about when they play Ryse and notice that they can't basically go any where but the small path set for them.? While people on Killzone SF would be walking over an open forest in the way they like.?

This is no Cell this is not RSX vs xenos,the people who don't get this are either blind fanboys or pretty much don't know anything about hardware,it is 7770 vs 7850 basically.

Hell the xbox one has less usable power than a 7770,while the PS4 has more than a 7850,all you have to do is compare this GPU and see one is stronger period,Ryse is a game make by a company that is basically the benchmark on PC when it comes to graphics,and yet they have to give up resolution to hit 30 FPS on those visuals,on a game which is very constricted in gameplay area.

The xbox one has not been advertise as the most powerful console,even MS would not dare to pull that one,people would call them out and ridicule them,let me paint this as easy for you are possible,the xbox one got a CPU and GPU because the unit had problems reach 30 FPS,notice how after the bump Dead rising was lock at 30 and Ryse stopped frame dropping for the most part.?

#175 Edited by tormentos (15310 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................

Shape was even confirmed by some one who actually worked on the chip that was mostly for kinect and very little for developers to use,basically several of the things the xbox has in place are for Kinect,and the 10% GPU reservation again Kinect is guilty to of that,hell even jit compression and several other things are for Kinect..

@superclocked

I read several months ago that 1 of 19 active CU's is reserved for the PS4's user interface. But, since Sony is only activating 18 of those compute units, and have refused to answer any questions regarding the UI and OS reservation, it stands to reason that 1 or maybe 2 of the CU's is reserved for the UI. The point is that we don't know yet, so we shouldn't compare the full PS4 specs with partial XB1 specs...

Please link me to that it is the first time i hear something like that.

Also for what will the PS4 requires 100+ Gflops to run the UI.? Also doesn't the UI on the PS4 runs on CPU.?

Sony hasn't been question about how much GPU the UI reserves,i haven't see that either.

Wait so the xbox one will use 10% of its GPU but some how the PS4 will need 2 CU + 2 CPU cores to run the UI.?

Please dude stop inventing stuff you look desperate.

@superclocked

Just because you can't understand what he's talking about does not make it nonsense. The XB1 does have more secret sauce than the PS4, whether cows like it or not. And developers are just now getting access to it. The graphics will be very close again this gen...

Aaaaaannnnd,,,, We are done here..hahaha

You actually are claiming that the xbox one has more SECRETE sauce than the PS4..haha

The xbox one doesn't have any secrete sauce.

It has a 14 CU GCN 7790 is the only one with that description,with 2 CU off for yields,it has 8 GB or DDR3 a memory and 32 MB of ESRAM to compensate for the slow a$$ ram it has,it has a good audio block because its camera requires it for voice commands and that crap.

It has video encoder and decoder just like the PS4,has DME which are call DMA on PS4 and all GCN.

There is nothing secret about it,is a weak console,and MS is basically trying to brain wash people into thinking is something more,is not they even downplay GDDR5,when all damn GPU on PC now use GDDR5 for years it has been the standard for graphics.

ESRAM is a cheap patch for DDR3.

I don't even know how people can actually believe that ESRAM will change anything with that low end GPU.

#176 Edited by PinkiePirate (2066 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

This whole 50% thing is so hilarious and mimics last gens Cell fiasco that Sony went through.

Not at all. Both systems have a CPU and GPU based on a similar architecture from the same vendor, the PS4 just has a beefier GPU. Not like last gen at all.

#177 Posted by stereointegrity (10532 posts) -

@blackace said:

@remiks00 said:

@killzowned24 said:

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

powerhouse, righttt

Now what?

/thread

It won't have it. It's only on Window 8.1 & XB1. Whatever they have on the PS4 isn't the same as this. Watch video and they tell you it's only on Window 8.1 & XB1. It's works with ESRAM, which the PS4 doesn't even have. So whatever specs is posted has nothing to do with this.

tiled resources does not need ESRAM to work....gotta kno what ur talk about before u post

#178 Edited by tormentos (15310 posts) -

@blackace said:

Watch the video. lol!! Only on Window 8.1 and XB1 (Direct X 11.2). PS4 doesn't have it. It's in the hardware now. The TR that was being done on the PS3/360 was software only. There's a huge difference. No one on here has watch both videos to the end, I know that. lol!! All I see is bias butthurt hatred coming from cows. It's pretty funny. Like I said. Give it a year and we'll look at the games and see what's what. You really can't judge things on launch titles, especially when devs aren't using final devkits for the games.

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Tile resources are PRT dude MS is full of sh** and you are blind biased lemming,PRT has been on PC since 2011 and supported by OpenGL sites reported this more than 2 years ago,and now MS want to pretend is exclusive...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are one miss informed lemming.

I will have such fun days making fun of you and several other lemmings like superclocked,xbox unity and several other,this post deserve bookmarking...hahaha

#179 Posted by cainetao11 (14394 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

That secret sauce. Definitely this gen's equivalent of TEH CELL.

I was thinking that as well.

#180 Posted by tormentos (15310 posts) -

tiled resources does not need ESRAM to work....gotta kno what ur talk about before u post

He actually really really deep very deeeeeeeeeppp down believe that Tile Resources need ESRAM to work,all GCN have Tile resources,and non has ESRAM.

#181 Edited by Tighaman (616 posts) -

im going to ask yall a question? the xbox dev kits had what gpu? 680 level? 7970 level? Lets look at the games at e3 from the x1 now the have all improved with better shaders AA and framerate right better than the ones at E3 pax and gamecon. Amd just released the latest drivers for windows 8.1 just a month ago, dont it make you stop thinking just 1.3 gpu but add ons instead of take aways?

#182 Posted by tormentos (15310 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

That secret sauce. Definitely this gen's equivalent of TEH CELL.

I was thinking that as well.

Probably because you ignore what Cell did,and you ignore how things are way different this time around.

The PS4 is stronger and developers don't nee to do magic to get performance from it,even unoptimized any code drop on PS4 should run faster than on xbox one.

#183 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2209 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@superclocked said:

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

There are no CU reserve for the PS4,the xbox one has Kinect which use compute and kinect is mandatory and we have a metro like UI on xbox that is also GPU accelerated,oh wait i forgot snap which also is not on PS4 because it is not a cable box.

So yeah MS admitted that the 10% GPU reservation was mostly for Kinect and snap,2 things with no reservation on PS4.

1-2 CU's for UI?? are you crazy?? just stop, Cerny said rendering the UI in 4k would cost around 10 gb/s of bandwidth, how do you figure 1-2 cu's that would never happen

#184 Posted by UNcartMe (542 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Good question! These are launch titles that have a strict deadline with new tech. KI is fine at 720p and I don't think they pushed for more.

Don't just go after a number. Killzone may be 60fps in MP but that is standing still, looking at the sky. Very deceiving the devs are.

@I_can_haz said:

How can Xbone support 4K when most of its games can't even reach 1080p?

Ryse - 900p

KI - 720p

BF4 - 720p

Dead Rising 3 - Variable resolution

I don't see people standing still looking at the sky in this video. You need to take of those lem goggles son, they have fried your eyeballs...

After seeing that video, Killzone looks like it will finally be better than Halo. That is sad because more people will buy COD and Battlefield than KZSF.

#185 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2209 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Chutebox said:

@blackace said:

@Wasdie said:

@blackace: I really hate to burst your bubble but this isn't new tech. This is just Microsoft supporting it directly within DirectX. Instead of devs having to develop and manage their own streaming solutions, DirectX now has it built it.

Ever wonder how games like Skyrim and GTA V can run on the PS3/360 despite them having only 512mbs of ram? They stream the content in on the fly to the GPU in a similar way to this demo. This is just a more optimized way of doing it which is great for devs.

So this isn't a big advantage at all. This is nothing more than software maturing further.

Yeah ok. This tech isn't on XBox 360/PS4 or any other platform. Only on Windows 8.1 & XB1. Watch the video. They tell you that in the video. Whatever you are talking about is old tech and has nothing to do with Tile Resources at all. Am i suppose to believe you or the Microsoft software engineers in the videos demonstrating it to developers? lol!!

It's already been said PS4 could do it if needed, I think. But I don't think it's needed because of PS4's ram.

lol dude stop linking something about PRT, its not exclusive to DirectX 11.2... PRT is simply a bandaid for the Xbox One only having 32 mb of fast bandwidth, PS4 can do PRT aswell, all GCN gpu's can

#186 Posted by Wasdie (48795 posts) -

Why do people who have no idea what they are talking about insist on arguing over things they don't fully understand?

#187 Posted by wis3boi (30286 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Why do people who have no idea what they are talking about insist on arguing over things they don't fully understand?

denial

#188 Edited by tormentos (15310 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

im going to ask yall a question? the xbox dev kits had what gpu? 680 level? 7970 level? Lets look at the games at e3 from the x1 now the have all improved with better shaders AA and framerate right better than the ones at E3 pax and gamecon. Amd just released the latest drivers for windows 8.1 just a month ago, dont it make you stop thinking just 1.3 gpu but add ons instead of take aways?

My god MS already admit the console is 1.3 TF dude i think your like 3 months late.

#189 Edited by tormentos (15310 posts) -

1-2 CU's for UI?? are you crazy?? just stop, Cerny said rendering the UI in 4k would cost around 10 gb/s of bandwidth, how do you figure 1-2 cu's that would never happen

Hahaha... Desperation really kicked in for him,he just loss it,so f he can't win with real argument well he now resort to invent new ones.

hahaha.. Boy the PS4 can't get here soon enough...hahaha

#190 Edited by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

I can't lie, this is actually pretty interesting to me. I'm trying to understand it a bit more because it's sort of confusing. So tiled resources allow for less GPU power to obtain better textures for graphics? Something about the esram working in tandem with TIled resources so higher quality textures can produced with lower memory usage? Am I missing somthing, help me understand this better. I also want to know why this can't be done with the PS4. Very intrigued

I also thought this was interesting as well

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-officially-runs-720p-playstation-4-upscaled-1080p-60-fps/

Obviously Microsoft are experts at computer technology. I only hope, in the long run, that the PS4 is able to develop comparable graphics to the XBOX ONE. So far the PS4's best graphics title is Killzone Shadow Fall. While KZSF's graphics might not be quite as good as Ryse (on XBOX ONE), they are very close, and I am happy about that since I am getting XBOX ONE and PS4 at their launch dates.

#191 Edited by Tighaman (616 posts) -

@tormentos: i also said addons not take aways add Shape add 15 co processors add over 50 mcu and you have a different beast you keep talking about gpu specs but not the balance of the whole system and FYI you can past anything through SHAPE. Like i said you really need to read like the hardware scaler inside the X1 can emulate any GPU and you wont see that on any fanboy site. Another thing there are different CUs they are not all measured the same so stop comparing the 12cu in the x1 to 18 in the ps4

#192 Edited by ronvalencia (15067 posts) -
@superclocked said:

@tormentos said:

@superclocked said:

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Sony is not transparent in relation to system GUI resource GPU allocation.

@tormentos said:

Microsoft has stated that they will return some of reserved GPU resource back to the developers.

Note that one of AMD HSA summit talks has Sony showing their work on using the GPU for real time audio processing.

On R9-290X and R7-260X, AMD follows X1 in copy-and-pasting a DSP IP (For AMD's True Audio) into their GCNs.

@tormentos

gone butthurt lemming since 2011 OpengL has support PRT,it was MS who was late to the party as always,and now want to pretend that a feature that is on all GCN cards is actually xbox one exclusive,PRT are also on PS4 and can be use on PS4.

That's late DEC 2011 and OpenGL haven't unified the standard. MS's support for PRT was already part of X1's design (i.e. DX11.X) , hence the 32MB SRAM 204 GB/s + 68 GB/s DDR3 setup.

"DX11.2" is for the PC which is a subset of X1's "DX11.X". DX11.2's subset nature to X1's "DX11.X" prompted AMD to design Mantle.

#193 Edited by ronvalencia (15067 posts) -

@MK-Professor said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@silversix_ said:

@Thunder7151 said:

I expected Microsoft to make the XBOX ONE extremely powerful, and I was right. DirectX 11.2 + Tiled Resources will obviously give it major graphical power. Just look at Ryse!! Amazing game visually and gameplay-wise as well!!

so powerful with that HD7770 hahah

Its a R9 280 hybrid. Or are you implying that it is running on PC in this pic? That is Sony's tactic.

Specs or not, these graphics are speaking for themselves.

WOW JUST WOW, can someone be more pathetic than this?

R9 280(HD7970GHz)

• 1050MHz Engine Clock
  • 4.3 TFLOPS
  • 134.4 GTex/s
  • 33.6 GPix/s
  • 288GB/s DDR5
  • 32 ROPS
  • 32 CUs (2048 ALUs)

Xbox One:

• 853MHz Engine Clock
  • 1.3 TFLOPS
  • 40.9 GTex/s
  • 13.6 GPix/s
  • 68GB/s DDR3
  • 109GB/s eSRAM
  • 16 ROPS
  • 12 CUs (768 ALUs)

Note that Xbox One's ESRAM's bandwidth is bi-directional i.e. dual port for concurrent read and write.

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@blackace said:

@Chutebox said:

@blackace said:

@Wasdie said:

lol dude stop linking something about PRT, its not exclusive to DirectX 11.2... PRT is simply a bandaid for the Xbox One only having 32 mb of fast bandwidth, PS4 can do PRT aswell, all GCN gpu's can

lol, you haven't realise that PRT's main value is having JIT (just in time) resident textures when the GPU actually needs the textures in the small fast memory pool (~204 GBs/) from the larger slower memory pool (68 GB/s).

PS4 only has one fast large memory pool (176 GB/s) which reduces the value for PRT feature.

A gaming PC has a larger pool of very fast GDDR5 memory with large/slower DDR3 memory pool hence there's larger value for the PRT feature.

#194 Posted by blackace (18479 posts) -

@blackace said:

@remiks00 said:

@killzowned24 said:

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

powerhouse, righttt

Now what?

/thread

This one DOES USE IT (ESRAM) and that's the difference. The ones that was used on 360/PS3 is not the same as this one. For one they weren't using Direct X 11.2. That's what I'm saying. Did any of you bias idiots even go to the link and READ? lol!! Believe what you want. The games will speak for themselves in the next year.

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/

#195 Posted by blackace (18479 posts) -

@blackace said:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Tile resources are PRT dude MS is full of sh** and you are blind biased lemming,PRT has been on PC since 2011 and supported by OpenGL sites reported this more than 2 years ago,and now MS want to pretend is exclusive...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are one miss informed lemming.

I will have such fun days making fun of you and several other lemmings like superclocked,xbox unity and several other,this post deserve bookmarking...hahaha

LMAO!! Butthurt cows. They are funny. I'll be playing both systems (unlike YOU) at the end of November. Sucks for you, I know. Now stop your crying. You'll see the light within the next year. Hahahahaha!!

#196 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11061 posts) -

@blackace said:

@stereointegrity said:

@blackace said:

@remiks00 said:

@killzowned24 said:

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

powerhouse, righttt

Now what?

/thread

This one DOES USE IT (ESRAM) and that's the difference. The ones that was used on 360/PS3 is not the same as this one. For one they weren't using Direct X 11.2. That's what I'm saying. Did any of you bias idiots even go to the link and READ? lol!! Believe what you want. The games will speak for themselves in the next year.

Wow, lol.

Everytime you lemmings refer to that blog it makes you look like such huge dumbasses. There's a reason sane people ignore that drivel.

I don't think I've ever seen a faction use a personal blog as a reference point for some sort of dominance quite like Lems.

#197 Posted by kuu2 (6412 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

This is Sony Fan code for, 'I have no idea what you are talking about'.

#198 Posted by blackace (18479 posts) -

@blackace said:

@stereointegrity said:

@blackace said:

@remiks00 said:

@killzowned24 said:

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

powerhouse, righttt

Now what?

/thread

Wow, lol.

Everytime you lemmings refer to that blog it makes you look like such huge dumbasses. There's a reason sane people ignore that drivel.

I don't think I've ever seen a faction use a personal blog as a reference point for some sort of dominance quite like Lems.

Not a lemming. I guess you missed the videos that weren't part of the blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0VKmk5bmI&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EswYdzsHKMc

If it was just the blog, I'd agree, but when you have M$ techs giving demonstrations to developers, that's a whole different story. If all of this isn't true, you won't here anything from developers, but if it is.......

#199 Posted by kuu2 (6412 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

This whole 50% thing is so hilarious and mimics last gens Cell fiasco that Sony went through.

Not at all. Both systems have a CPU and GPU based on a similar architecture from the same vendor, the PS4 just has a beefier GPU. Not like last gen at all.

Actually they are not based on similar architecture. One GPU is off the shelf and one is not. Very much like last gen.

Try again Sony Fan.

#200 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (11061 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@blackace said:

@stereointegrity said:

@blackace said:

@remiks00 said:

@killzowned24 said:

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

powerhouse, righttt

Now what?

/thread

Wow, lol.

Not a lemming.