The Real Power of the X1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by greensand24 (375 posts) -

@tormentos:

Ok cool at least you provided a link. Despite having a bias I cannot go against truth or facts. It is what it is. What pisses me off more than anything is when people blatantly lie (and they know they're lying) despite having or seeing the truth right in front of their face.

Now I will say that you provided a link but as you can see there are posters understandably questioning just how authentic that tweet is since he did use the words "ps4 dev environment".

I guess the ultimate truth will be revealed when both versions are released next month.

#102 Posted by remiks00 (1718 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha @blackace Also, why aren't more devs talking about this since this actually does seem very beneficial for game design.

#103 Edited by tormentos (17136 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

Hi there, I found this blog due to a couple interns working at my office branch who were arguing some of the points here.

As intriguing as a lot of these posts are, I find it interesting how much credence the 'flops' are being given to any given console.As a current employee of a certain multiplatform game developer that shall not be named, my department has basically been in charge of overseeing parity between console versions.

Just fyi, the numbers you have been comparing are a quite a bit off from the actual systems total output, at least with the latest devkit builds on both sides. As you know, the computation of floating point operations depends on the speed the processors can cycle through the code.

FYI the PS4 is currently clocking speeds up to around a 3.68 Tflop equivalent system. X1 one the other hand is running about 3.8 in the most recent kits.

Both will easily reach higher output as systems are optimized. For a while, the output was pretty much identical. X1 pulled ahead with the clock increases and the latest updates.

The hardware argument used around most of the net is completely moot, as it only considers the raw gpu specs, and not the APU as a whole, and both systems are running custom APU with key differences.

Take all this with a grain of salt, as who knows what update either system releases next will make 'X system' this much faster etc.

Like I said, both have room to grow. Also, software development on the PS4 is taking longer, which should be obvious from the recent delays. This was expected, though I'm sure PS4 will launch on schedule. X1 is doing great schedule wise.

Cheerio :)

This is interesting if true.

I think the only way we'll find out is on multiplatform game comparisons. Can't wait.

Multiplats will look identical. Also it is telling how little Sony knows about developer support based on the delays and software problems they are having. I knew that would carry over from their history. Sony has never been good at getting great developer tools in the hands of its devs. MSoft on the other hand are the best in the industry at this and last gen it showed and this gen it will show as well.

My god you people will eat any freaking crap as long as it bash the PS4 and hype the xbox one.

Xbox one kits running like 3.8 TF machine GTFO,that is so freaking stupid is not even funny,any one who believe that sh** is a blind fanboy.

Look at how 1 freaking delay has cause all lemming inside this site and outside to,to claim that some how development is slow 1 delay ..and they act like half of the PS4 games were delay,was Watch dogs delay because of the PS4.? as well..ahahaha

At least i know i can make fun of you when the games start to be compare and xbox one version of games end with lower resolution and lower details.

Please do you have a link to developers having problems on PS4 developing games,you know a link not something pulled from deep deep down your a$$.?

The Crew across to PlayStation 4 was accomplished in six months with a team of just two to three people working on it. Overall, Reflections felt that the process of porting over the PC codebase was fairly simple and straightforward.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-the-crew-was-ported-to-playstation-4

So i have a quote from and actually developer talking about how easy it is to port the game from PC to PS4,now where is the link of developers having problems with the PS4.

Oh wait all is based on a DC delay,maybe DC developer should have done like Forza developer turn 10 release the game incomplete and force people to mandatory update on day one,i wonder what will happen if there are servers problems.

Is incredible how much sh** you people will take for true,just because it defend the xbox one..

#104 Posted by kuu2 (6970 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@FoxbatAlpha @blackace Also, why aren't more devs talking about this since this actually does seem very beneficial for game design.

No need to. Most people (99%) won't know what any of that means. What will matter is what these games look like and we are seeing it on full display in games like Ryse. I saw and played the game during Comic Con in San Diego and I was floored at how crisp it looked and that was months ago.

#105 Posted by tormentos (17136 posts) -

@SaltyMeatballs:

Show me a link please and if you do don't go full cow on me. Show me a link that doesn't twist words or merging different articles and words to suit your cause.

I just gave you a link that says the ps4 is 720p. Yet you say otherwise and don't even provide a link.

The funny thing is in my link they say ps4 is 720p but that XOne is unknown.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4xbone-versions-of-bf4-to-run-at-720p-update-run-29440290/

He was the one who make the thread about BF4 been 720p on that same thread there is an update the game was say to be higher than 720p on PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687839

If you have further doubts..

#106 Posted by tormentos (17136 posts) -

Its all new to everyone! The other link says the PS4 cant add this through software because the hardware wasn't designed for it. Its over my head too in areas but that I do know. I'll check out your link...........

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..............

Don't talk about things you don't understand,first of all megatextures were done software wise using Opengl,second PRT are part of every single GCN card,is new to MS and their crappy API,OpenGL has support PRT since 2011,when Direct3D didn't not even allow for it.

Wrapping things up, for the time being while Southern Islands will bring hardware support for PRT software support will remain limited. As D3D is not normally extensible it’s really only possible to easily access the feature from other APIs (e.g. OpenGL), which when it comes to games is going to greatly limit the adoption of the technology. AMD of course is working on the issue, but there are few ways around D3D’s tight restrictions on non-standard features.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Be gone butthurt lemming since 2011 OpengL has support PRT,it was MS who was late to the party as always,and now want to pretend that a feature that is on all GCN cards is actually xbox one exclusive,PRT are also on PS4 and can be use on PS4.

#107 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@tormentos:

Ok cool at least you provided a link. Despite having a bias I cannot go against truth or facts. It is what it is. What pisses me off more than anything is when people blatantly lie (and they know they're lying) despite having or seeing the truth right in front of their face.

Now I will say that you provided a link but as you can see there are posters understandably questioning just how authentic that tweet is since he did use the words "ps4 dev environment".

I guess the ultimate truth will be revealed when both versions are released next month.

#108 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Its all new to everyone! The other link says the PS4 cant add this through software because the hardware wasn't designed for it. Its over my head too in areas but that I do know. I'll check out your link...........

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..............

Don't talk about things you don't understand,first of all megatextures were done software wise using Opengl,second PRT are part of every single GCN card,is new to MS and their crappy API,OpenGL has support PRT since 2011,when Direct3D didn't not even allow for it.

Wrapping things up, for the time being while Southern Islands will bring hardware support for PRT software support will remain limited. As D3D is not normally extensible it’s really only possible to easily access the feature from other APIs (e.g. OpenGL), which when it comes to games is going to greatly limit the adoption of the technology. AMD of course is working on the issue, but there are few ways around D3D’s tight restrictions on non-standard features.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Be gone butthurt lemming since 2011 OpengL has support PRT,it was MS who was late to the party as always,and now want to pretend that a feature that is on all GCN cards is actually xbox one exclusive,PRT are also on PS4 and can be use on PS4.

Wow you seem really mad. OpenGL is generic. DirectX is the industry standard and with Tiled Resources will push the X1 into the future. No links, no argument, just how it is.

#109 Edited by iambatman7986 (394 posts) -

Thanks for the link Foxbat, there is some really good info there. I'm not sure whether Sony has the Tiled Resources or not as there are reports that say both ways, but I like the fact that the One definitely has it and is looking into the future with the tech. Sounds like the One is more powerful than thought before. IMO, Ryse looks better than anything on the PS4 atm, but KZ looks really amazing as well. Both consoles will be powerful for console standards, which is good with me.

I wanted to reply to this post last night but GS stole my posts and now I have a daily post limit.

On the BF4 debate, sounds like DICE is thinking about delaying the next gen versions according to GS.

#110 Edited by blackace (20289 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Go home son, you're drunk

And you're a delusional bias fanboy. lol!! You can go home as well.

From what I've read, final XB1 dev kits went out at the end of Aug beginning ot Sept. For many developers, it would be impossible for them to change their games to use the new specs and software tools. It seems Crytex may have utilized some of it, as Ryse suddenly better then what was show at previous events. There's no need of arguing with bias cows on here. The results will come out next year when new exclusive games are released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EswYdzsHKMc

Quote:

"Hi_def_ninja: Did you watch video?? A normal graphics APU(sony) would require the 3gb(mars video) or 9gb(glider video) to be rendered in full in the gpu. That means a 3gb or 9gb load (sony couldnt do 9gb as gpu only has 8gb)where as the X1 can use TR and the same render only takes 16mb! and 32mb! of memory space. That means when Devs start utilizing TR to its full potential when that 1.8 sony box has reached its computational limit because of memory space and compute the X1 can render exponentially more data and exponentially more fidelity because it can take far more data and render it using only a fraction of memory. 32mb-->rendering 6gb and more!"

Next year is going to be fun.

#111 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

#112 Posted by blamix99 (1696 posts) -

ps4 is 33% more powerful than xbox1 not 50% LOL

#113 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

#114 Edited by xboxiphoneps3 (2291 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have heard talk of secret sauce for the X1. Other than indie devs making a game for Sony, have we heard reports of the 50% more powerful PS4. (due to indie trying to kiss Sony's a$$) No third party devs have supported this claim.

Along with the power difference, we have also heard that/ the PS4 is easier to develop for. *Cough, Cough* Driveclub.

This article (wall of text) from one of my favorite sites. http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/ explains Tiled Resources and how they make the X1 a unstoppable beast. There are some videos there that demonstrate this.

Also to support this. http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

It also explains how Sonys console will be tapped out and the X1 will truly be a powerhouse for the next 10 years. It also raises the 4K gaming potential that's supports what MS said.

Flame if you want about the source but when this hits...................KABOOM!

did you really link misterxmedia LOL? what is it with all these lemmings damage controlling like crazy lately? all this negative news about the Xbox One is really getting to them i guess, the rushed games, Crytek trying to help Microsoft figure out their own console and its capabilities.. what is going on?

*cough cough* Tiled resources can be done on all GCN cards LOL, Tiled resource is a fix for low RAM, Xbox One needs this more then PS4 because it only has 32 mb of fast bandwidth (the eSRAM)

*looks at 900p Ryse and 720p Killer Instinct and other upscaled games*

powerhouse, righttt

TC has been damage controlling alot with all these threads but he has actually self owned himself in his OP LOL.. what a fail, doesnt even know much about hardware and software

#115 Posted by gpuking (2769 posts) -

Armour texture is so low res it's comparable to current gen. Even at 900p Ryse still couldn't get everything all consistent.

#116 Posted by greensand24 (375 posts) -

@xboxiphoneps3:

Honest question...

If you blind-folded 10 people and put them in front of game A(900p) and game B(1080p) side by side with none of them knowing what platform they will be played on and then you remove the blindfolds and 5 or 6 out of 10 say game A looks better...could you honestly say that this numerical difference is a selling point or a factor anymore?

#117 Posted by magicalclick (22450 posts) -

The old Win98 NFS could do 4K. They have this text config file for resolution. Just type whatever you like.

#118 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

Keep telling yourself that lol.

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%
PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%
PS4: 72 Texture units +50%
PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +400%

#119 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@maninflames-77 said:

lol, TC continues his tirade of desperation.

His desperation is sad, yet entertaining at the same time. Like watching somebody have a slow mental breakdown right in front of you.

You need to learn how to identify a mental breakdown.

I was going to invite you over for some tea.......................well now you can forget it!

The first step to recovery is acceptance.

#120 Edited by Chutebox (36654 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@maninflames-77 said:

lol, TC continues his tirade of desperation.

His desperation is sad, yet entertaining at the same time. Like watching somebody have a slow mental breakdown right in front of you.

You need to learn how to identify a mental breakdown.

I was going to invite you over for some tea.......................well now you can forget it!

The first step to recovery is acceptance.

See, this is why I like Fox and he's my favorite Lem. He's actually fun.

#121 Edited by remiks00 (1718 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have heard talk of secret sauce for the X1. Other than indie devs making a game for Sony, have we heard reports of the 50% more powerful PS4. (due to indie trying to kiss Sony's a$$) No third party devs have supported this claim.

Along with the power difference, we have also heard that/ the PS4 is easier to develop for. *Cough, Cough* Driveclub.

This article (wall of text) from one of my favorite sites. http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/ explains Tiled Resources and how they make the X1 a unstoppable beast. There are some videos there that demonstrate this.

Also to support this. http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

It also explains how Sonys console will be tapped out and the X1 will truly be a powerhouse for the next 10 years. It also raises the 4K gaming potential that's supports what MS said.

Flame if you want about the source but when this hits...................KABOOM!

did you really link misterxmedia LOL? what is it with all these lemmings damage controlling like crazy lately? all this negative news about the Xbox One is really getting to them i guess, the rushed games, Crytek trying to help Microsoft figure out their own console and its capabilities.. what is going on?

*cough cough* Tiled resources can be done on all GCN cards LOL, Tiled resource is a fix for low RAM, Xbox One needs this more then PS4 because it only has 32 mb of fast bandwidth (the eSRAM)

*looks at 900p Ryse and 720p Killer Instinct and other upscaled games*

powerhouse, righttt

TC has been damage controlling alot with all these threads but he has actually self owned himself in his OP LOL.. what a fail, doesnt even know much about hardware and software

@xboxiphoneps3 So that means that the PS4 can do tiled resources as well?? I'm curious of how true this info is, can you provide a link?

#122 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: Hello, I prefer the PS4. The X1 is very bad.

#123 Edited by Wasdie (49631 posts) -

@blackace: I really hate to burst your bubble but this isn't new tech. This is just Microsoft supporting it directly within DirectX. Instead of devs having to develop and manage their own streaming solutions, DirectX now has it built it.

Ever wonder how games like Skyrim and GTA V can run on the PS3/360 despite them having only 512mbs of ram? They stream the content in on the fly to the GPU in a similar way to this demo. This is just a more optimized way of doing it which is great for devs.

So this isn't a big advantage at all. This is nothing more than software maturing further.

#124 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

XboxUnity stop trolling with your alt account..

Rise is garbage.

#125 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

LOL, battlefield 4 is 720p. Get used to blurriness.

#126 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

#127 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have heard talk of secret sauce for the X1. Other than indie devs making a game for Sony, have we heard reports of the 50% more powerful PS4. (due to indie trying to kiss Sony's a$$) No third party devs have supported this claim.

Along with the power difference, we have also heard that/ the PS4 is easier to develop for. *Cough, Cough* Driveclub.

This article (wall of text) from one of my favorite sites. http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/ explains Tiled Resources and how they make the X1 a unstoppable beast. There are some videos there that demonstrate this.

Also to support this. http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

It also explains how Sonys console will be tapped out and the X1 will truly be a powerhouse for the next 10 years. It also raises the 4K gaming potential that's supports what MS said.

Flame if you want about the source but when this hits...................KABOOM!

did you really link misterxmedia LOL? what is it with all these lemmings damage controlling like crazy lately? all this negative news about the Xbox One is really getting to them i guess, the rushed games, Crytek trying to help Microsoft figure out their own console and its capabilities.. what is going on?

*cough cough* Tiled resources can be done on all GCN cards LOL, Tiled resource is a fix for low RAM, Xbox One needs this more then PS4 because it only has 32 mb of fast bandwidth (the eSRAM)

*looks at 900p Ryse and 720p Killer Instinct and other upscaled games*

powerhouse, righttt

TC has been damage controlling alot with all these threads but he has actually self owned himself in his OP LOL.. what a fail, doesnt even know much about hardware and software

@xboxiphoneps3 So that means that the PS4 can do tiled resources as well?? I'm curious of how true this info is, can you provide a link?

Now what?

#128 Edited by tormentos (17136 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4xbone-versions-of-bf4-to-run-at-720p-update-run-29440290/

Wow you seem really mad. OpenGL is generic. DirectX is the industry standard and with Tiled Resources will push the X1 into the future. No links, no argument, just how it is.

lol...

So you have no proof of what of what you claim other than your opinion.? hahaha Nice...

Thanks for the link Foxbat, there is some really good info there. I'm not sure whether Sony has the Tiled Resources or not as there are reports that say both ways, but I like the fact that the One definitely has it and is looking into the future with the tech. Sounds like the One is more powerful than thought before. IMO, Ryse looks better than anything on the PS4 atm, but KZ looks really amazing as well. Both consoles will be powerful for console standards, which is good with me.

I wanted to reply to this post last night but GS stole my posts and now I have a daily post limit.

On the BF4 debate, sounds like DICE is thinking about delaying the next gen versions according to GS.

Dude that article is made up,those same people have been scream dual GPU,3 GPU setups,5 TF and a horde of made out specs,they refuse to admit the reality here the xbox one is under power period it has less performance for games than a 7770.

And Ryse looking better than Killzone is a joke,that games make uncharted see open world,is very restrictive and always on a small path,Killzone SF look better with more effects and is 1080p,oh and online is not even close.

Killzone SF is 1080p 60 FPS and look better than any game on xbox one,including Ryse which is 900p 30 FPS.

Don't spec much better looking games than Ryse on xbox one.

#129 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

^^^ eh, judging by cryteks past experience 30 will be rare and more like 20 fps.

#130 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

Keep telling yourself that lol.

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games

Xbone: 768 Shaders

Xbone: 48 Texture units

Xbone: 16 ROPS

Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%

PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%

PS4: 72 Texture units +50%

PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%

PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +400%

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

#131 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

Keep telling yourself that lol.

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games

Xbone: 768 Shaders

Xbone: 48 Texture units

Xbone: 16 ROPS

Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%

PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%

PS4: 72 Texture units +50%

PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%

PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +400%

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

1.18-1.31 , use which ever one you want. PS4 still has more gflops than 2 xbox 360s combined over xbone ..lol

#132 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@killzowned24: Which isn't all that much really. The real deal breaker for most people is the price and Microsoft's arrogance with Kinect. If Microsoft sold an SKU without Kinect for $350, then they would make a ton more money on software sales in the future...

#133 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

Keep telling yourself that lol.

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games

Xbone: 768 Shaders

Xbone: 48 Texture units

Xbone: 16 ROPS

Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%

PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%

PS4: 72 Texture units +50%

PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%

PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +400%

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

Eh 1.1TFLOPS for Xbone you moron... it was revealed they reserved 10% of the GPU from MS themselves. Factor that in

#134 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@FoxbatAlpha @blackace Also, why aren't more devs talking about this since this actually does seem very beneficial for game design.

It was just added to the final devkit specs. Most developers are already finishing their games using the older devkits. You won't see games using this TR tech until late next year and early 2015. Devs are still learning about it. If you watch the videos you'll see devs being told about it. This can only be used with Window 8.1 and XB1 per Microsoft.

#135 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

Keep telling yourself that lol.

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games

Xbone: 768 Shaders

Xbone: 48 Texture units

Xbone: 16 ROPS

Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%

PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%

PS4: 72 Texture units +50%

PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%

PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +400%

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

Eh 1.1TFLOPS for Xbone you moron... it was revealed they reserved 10% of the GPU from MS themselves. Factor that in

And how many compute units are reserved for the PS4's OS? Exactly, we don't know yet. It's very misleading to subtract the OS reserve from the XB1's floating point performance, and then compare it to the full specs of the PS4. Comparing the two consoles at this time using anything other than the full performance specs is fallacious...

#136 Edited by tormentos (17136 posts) -

@blackace said:

And you're a delusional bias fanboy. lol!! You can go home as well.

From what I've read, final XB1 dev kits went out at the end of Aug beginning ot Sept. For many developers, it would be impossible for them to change their games to use the new specs and software tools. It seems Crytex may have utilized some of it, as Ryse suddenly better then what was show at previous events. There's no need of arguing with bias cows on here. The results will come out next year when new exclusive games are released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EswYdzsHKMc

Quote:

"Hi_def_ninja: Did you watch video?? A normal graphics APU(sony) would require the 3gb(mars video) or 9gb(glider video) to be rendered in full in the gpu. That means a 3gb or 9gb load (sony couldnt do 9gb as gpu only has 8gb)where as the X1 can use TR and the same render only takes 16mb! and 32mb! of memory space. That means when Devs start utilizing TR to its full potential when that 1.8 sony box has reached its computational limit because of memory space and compute the X1 can render exponentially more data and exponentially more fidelity because it can take far more data and render it using only a fraction of memory. 32mb-->rendering 6gb and more!"

Next year is going to be fun.

It sure will be when you face reality and see the xbox one been left more and more on the dust,want to talk about how Ryse graphics ok..

Explain why everything show for the game,is all inclosed and full of path lines that you most fallow.?

The game makes Uncharted seem open world,is like GOW on PS but more enclosed.

For the last time PRT is not a freaking feature of the xbox one is on all GCN..

Wrapping things up, for the time being while Southern Islands will bring hardware support for PRT software support will remain limited. As D3D is not normally extensible it’s really only possible to easily access the feature from other APIs (e.g. OpenGL), which when it comes to games is going to greatly limit the adoption of the technology. AMD of course is working on the issue, but there are few ways around D3D’s tight restrictions on non-standard features.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Read please read PRT is a feature of GCN is on the 7870,on the 7950,on the 7770 on the 7790 one the 7850 on the PS4 and on the xbox one,PRT is not a feature exclusive to xbox one in no way shape or form.

Not only that OpenGL has support PRT since it arrived on 2011 with the 7970,it was MS who was late to introduce support for the feature,the links are there the info as well,PRT is also on PS4,so not only the PS4 is stronger it also have the same features.

And sadly for you games are not compose alone of textures.

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...


Yeah point me to the $450 PC that i need to put that GPU since mine is not good enough..

#137 Edited by blackace (20289 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@blackace: I really hate to burst your bubble but this isn't new tech. This is just Microsoft supporting it directly within DirectX. Instead of devs having to develop and manage their own streaming solutions, DirectX now has it built it.

Ever wonder how games like Skyrim and GTA V can run on the PS3/360 despite them having only 512mbs of ram? They stream the content in on the fly to the GPU in a similar way to this demo. This is just a more optimized way of doing it which is great for devs.

So this isn't a big advantage at all. This is nothing more than software maturing further.

Yeah ok. This tech isn't on XBox 360/PS4 or any other platform. Only on Windows 8.1 & XB1. Watch the video. They tell you that in the video. Whatever you are talking about is old tech and has nothing to do with Tile Resources at all. Am i suppose to believe you or the Microsoft software engineers in the videos demonstrating it to developers? lol!!

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

#138 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@killzowned24: Which isn't all that much really. The real deal breaker for most people is the price and Microsoft's arrogance with Kinect. If Microsoft sold an SKU without Kinect for $350, then they would make a ton more money on software sales in the future...

comparing consoles it sure is!!!

Xbone was designed to be a TV player. Maybe lems forget the xbone big reveal.

#139 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

Keep telling yourself that lol.

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games

Xbone: 768 Shaders

Xbone: 48 Texture units

Xbone: 16 ROPS

Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%

PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%

PS4: 72 Texture units +50%

PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%

PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +400%

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

Eh 1.1TFLOPS for Xbone you moron... it was revealed they reserved 10% of the GPU from MS themselves. Factor that in

And how many compute units are reserved for the PS4's OS? Exactly, we don't know yet. It's very misleading to subtract the OS reserve from the XB1's floating point performance, and then compare it to the full specs of the PS4. Comparing the two consoles at this time using anything other than the full performance specs is fallacious...

Blah Blah Blah.... X1 is 1.1TFLOPS

You see, PS4 doesn't have the problem of having Kinect related activities eat GPU power so PS4 is 1.84 as is.

#140 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

Particle effects are nices but the rain and textures look like ass

#141 Edited by YD_11 (1635 posts) -

I find it amusing how there is all this argument over tflops, gflops, etc. "The ps4 has 50% more power" this gen just like "the magic of the cell" was supposed to be the end all last gen. Does anyone honestly think that when people are out shopping for a new console for Christmas or themselves and see knack on the one side and ryse on the other that they will think the ps4 is more powerful? Even if it were Killzone showing for the ps4 and Ryse on the X1, people would not be able to tell you which system is more powerful. Some may prefer the look of Killzone and others Ryse (I personally think Ryse looks more lifelike which likely = more impressive to most).

Nevermind that the PS4 advertises as the most powerful gaming rig with online capabilities while X1 has the same declaration plus a slew of features being shown off that does have appeal whether sony or their fans want to admit it or not. IMO, the only thing the ps4 will have going for it to the every-day-consumer is the price; it will be up to the consumer to decide if the extra features and Kinect are worth the difference

#142 Posted by Chutebox (36654 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Wasdie said:

@blackace: I really hate to burst your bubble but this isn't new tech. This is just Microsoft supporting it directly within DirectX. Instead of devs having to develop and manage their own streaming solutions, DirectX now has it built it.

Ever wonder how games like Skyrim and GTA V can run on the PS3/360 despite them having only 512mbs of ram? They stream the content in on the fly to the GPU in a similar way to this demo. This is just a more optimized way of doing it which is great for devs.

So this isn't a big advantage at all. This is nothing more than software maturing further.

Yeah ok. This tech isn't on XBox 360/PS4 or any other platform. Only on Windows 8.1 & XB1. Watch the video. They tell you that in the video. Whatever you are talking about is old tech and has nothing to do with Tile Resources at all. Am i suppose to believe you or the Microsoft software engineers in the videos demonstrating it to developers? lol!!

It's already been said PS4 could do it if needed, I think. But I don't think it's needed because of PS4's ram.

#143 Edited by tormentos (17136 posts) -

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

There are no CU reserve for the PS4,the xbox one has Kinect which use compute and kinect is mandatory and we have a metro like UI on xbox that is also GPU accelerated,oh wait i forgot snap which also is not on PS4 because it is not a cable box.

So yeah MS admitted that the 10% GPU reservation was mostly for Kinect and snap,2 things with no reservation on PS4.

So yeah 1.18 TF vs 1.84 TF..

#144 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

Particle effects are nices but the rain and textures look like ass

Oh if those textures and tessellation look like ass then every game on any platform right now looks like ass.

#145 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

Particle effects are nices but the rain and textures look like ass

Oh if those textures and tessellation look like ass then every game on any platform right now looks like ass.

This is what happens when you only game on one system.

#146 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@superclocked said:

If you're going to post the full specs for the PS4's GPU, then you should do the same for the XB1. We don't know how many compute units are reserved for the OS in the PS4...

XBox One - 1.31 TFLOPS

Playstation 4 - 1.84 TFLOPS

There are no CU reserve for the PS4,the xbox one has Kinect which use compute and kinect is mandatory and we have a metro like UI on xbox that is also GPU accelerated,oh wait i forgot snap which also is not on PS4 because it is not a cable box.

So yeah MS admitted that the 10% GPU reservation was mostly for Kinect and snap,2 things with no reservation on PS4.

So yeah 1.18 TF vs 1.84 TF..

Not to mention the virtualization that was brought before for xbone.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc768536

#147 Edited by Chutebox (36654 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

Particle effects are nices but the rain and textures look like ass

Oh if those textures and tessellation look like ass then every game on any platform right now looks like ass.

This is what happens when you only game on one system.

Cept he's right

#148 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24 said:

This guy must be a shill like xbounity. All they post is misinformation and try their hardest to convince people xbone aint a weak POS when it has already been factually proved to be so.

The difference isn't huge, that's for sure. If you want the most powerful system, build a budget PC. I can point you to a 3.38 TFLOP GPU for $150. That's more powerful than both consoles combined...

Yeah point me to the $450 PC that i need to put that GPU since mine is not good enough..

PC gaming is actually much cheaper in the long run. There is a higher initial cost to get the system, but then games are ridiculously cheap, and online gaming is free. Don't get me wrong, I love console gaming too, but I definitely prefer gaming on my PC...

#149 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

Particle effects are nices but the rain and textures look like ass

Oh if those textures and tessellation look like ass then every game on any platform right now looks like ass.

This is what happens when you only game on one system.

Cept he's right

Cept he isn't, games from 2011 on PC look better than this.

#150 Edited by Chutebox (36654 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Chutebox said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@SonofK said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Killzone Shadowfall 1080 60FPS DESTROYS Ryse at 900P 30FPS.. Sad.

Particle effects are nices but the rain and textures look like ass

Oh if those textures and tessellation look like ass then every game on any platform right now looks like ass.

This is what happens when you only game on one system.

Cept he's right

Cept he isn't, games from 2011 on PC look better than this.

Sorry, you're actually right. I thought he said console, not platform.