The real master race

  • 90 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by parkurtommo (27627 posts) -

Owning all systems is borderline misallocation of resources.

#52 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

Actually the real master race is the people who own the systems they want to own and don't care what anyone thinks about that.

#53 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

Could these type of threads be considered bait ? Because this is a board called System Wars.

I mean what If I went into a Car Wars forum and said "hey guys, as long as the automobile gets you from point A to point B , who cares" they would just tell me to gtfo.

There is supposed to be discussions. The only issue I see is there are far too many trolls to have actual civil discussions.

#54 Edited by Couth_ (10292 posts) -

Not master race unless your monitor is 1440p+

#55 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I would call that the true loser, not master race. You have to have no life at all in order to properly utilize all systems. No way in hell do I have anywhere near enough to to game on all systems. Unless you are the type to buy all systems to only buy a few games for each. In that case, I would label you the true idiot. But you go ahead and call it master race if you wish. Makes no difference to me. I am part of this PC master race everybody talks about and I couldn't give two shits about the title.

#56 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152246 posts) -

Normally I buy all the consoles...waiting for MS to wow me....will soon pick up the Wii U and PS4 as well this year....have a gaming PC already.

And yeah I'd say a master race should have them all. Just having one....now way.

#57 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@sukraj said:

I wish I could afford to buy all the consoles.

Seems like a waste for most people. I can't imagine an adult actually having the time to actually play games on all these consoles, unless he or she was disabled or retired and could stay home all the time.

Average American spends 5 hours a day watching tv and Europeans about 4 hours daily. People have the time.

#58 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6889 posts) -

I guess if you can afford it... but personally I prefer to stick with 1 or 2 consoles max.

#59 Posted by cainetao11 (19060 posts) -

Here, here!

#60 Posted by Phazevariance (11045 posts) -

I'm just missing the WiiU

#61 Edited by TheGreatGeneral (717 posts) -

The real masterrace is to own the platforms you want to own and to play the games you want to play.

I will not own 4 consoles again like last gen its complettly overkill even without touching my huge backlog.

#62 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15973 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Buying some electronic toys = master race

Nah, I don't think so.

#63 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17453 posts) -

I agree owning all systems is the best, but only when it makes sense. Right now, I don't see any reason to buy a gen 8 platform, let alone getting all of them. I hold the same logic when it comes to games as well, because I'd rather buy something that I know I'm going to enjoy for a long time, versus owning hundreds of games just for the sake of it.

#64 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (969 posts) -

False. The real master race are smartphones. Everyone has one,affordable, downloads games, music, communicates with everyone, can be modified to play emulators, has internet connection, can download porn and you take it anywhere you go and is always there for you when you take a dump. Where is your god now?

#65 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14314 posts) -

It made sense to own all the consoles back then when there were fewer of them and when these consoles had its own identity with their own exclusives.

Now these consoles are all like PCs with multiplats and very few exclusives.

#66 Edited by topgunmv (10328 posts) -

@Spike1988 said:

Ladies and gentleman. I have just purchased a PS4 thus completing my current gen system collection - I now own a PS4, Xbone, Wii U, and Gaming PC.

I move to put forth the notion that the TRUE master race is an owner of all current gen systems. Who agrees with this?

Fanboyism - Someone who blindly swears allegiance to one company/console and therefore misses out on a ton of amazing gaming experiences.

Did you make this?

#67 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7814 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

False. The real master race are smartphones. Everyone has one,affordable, downloads games, music, communicates with everyone, can be modified to play emulators, has internet connection, can download porn and you take it anywhere you go and is always there for you when you take a dump. Where is your god now?

The smartphone is on par with the Ouya, but it's not as good as any of the major consoles, handhelds, or the PC.

#68 Posted by ButDuuude (563 posts) -

I used to buy multiple current gen consoles and ended up mostly playing on one and the rest collected dust in the closet. The best choice right now for me is the PlayStation 4 and that's what I bought.

#69 Posted by Snugenz (12740 posts) -

Still need to get an Xbone but i'm in no rush. I'll get it when it has games i want and when it's at a good price point.

#70 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

I use PC only currently and can't keep up with the backlog.

Who has time for consoles?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a system warrior, I don't knock other systems, but usually when people have lots of platforms, they end up just using a favorite one and the others collect dust.

My advice is use whatever system you enjoy most and don't worry about it.

Oh, and I paid about $800 for my system and play everything on high/ultra, I consider it time to upgrade when I need to kick things down to medium.

#71 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152246 posts) -

@ZombieKiller7 said:

I use PC only currently and can't keep up with the backlog.

Who has time for consoles?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a system warrior, I don't knock other systems, but usually when people have lots of platforms, they end up just using a favorite one and the others collect dust.

My advice is use whatever system you enjoy most and don't worry about it.

Oh, and I paid about $800 for my system and play everything on high/ultra, I consider it time to upgrade when I need to kick things down to medium.

Not true. You game on the console for the games you buy....and you can buy whatever interests you. Easy to game on multi consoles.

#72 Edited by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

I use PC only currently and can't keep up with the backlog.

Who has time for consoles?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a system warrior, I don't knock other systems, but usually when people have lots of platforms, they end up just using a favorite one and the others collect dust.

My advice is use whatever system you enjoy most and don't worry about it.

Oh, and I paid about $800 for my system and play everything on high/ultra, I consider it time to upgrade when I need to kick things down to medium.

Not true. You game on the console for the games you buy....and you can buy whatever interests you. Easy to game on multi consoles.

Well right now each of the consoles has like....2 exclusives.

And I don't care about any of them except maybe Second Son (Sun?)

Not buying $399 hardware to play 1 game

#73 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152246 posts) -

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

I use PC only currently and can't keep up with the backlog.

Who has time for consoles?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a system warrior, I don't knock other systems, but usually when people have lots of platforms, they end up just using a favorite one and the others collect dust.

My advice is use whatever system you enjoy most and don't worry about it.

Oh, and I paid about $800 for my system and play everything on high/ultra, I consider it time to upgrade when I need to kick things down to medium.

Not true. You game on the console for the games you buy....and you can buy whatever interests you. Easy to game on multi consoles.

Well right now each of the consoles has like....2 exclusives.

And I don't care about any of them except maybe Second Son (Sun?)

Not buying $399 hardware to play 1 game

Well I didn't say you had to be an early adopter. I usually wait myself. But I think the thread was more a poke at PC gamers that call themselves the master race while many only have one platform and others have more.

#74 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6753 posts) -

Naah that would be chimera, no? besides owening all systems, still does not void that you likely have a preferred one. When that is said good job on getting all of them :D I still havent gotten around to getting the X1, as it seems really unappealing -.-

#75 Edited by hiphops_savior (8038 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: Implying master race only requires one platform. According to their subreddit, you only need to acknowledge the PC as the superior platform in every way.

You just have to recognize that PC is objectively superior to consoles in every way possible as explained here!

r/pcmasterrace
#76 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152246 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

I don't have to take anyone's opinion as fact. Considering PCs are late to the games much of the time......they can't be the master race.

#77 Posted by OhSnapitz (18652 posts) -

Dirty single Platform peasants..

lol

#78 Edited by hiphops_savior (8038 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic:

A delayed game will eventually be good, a rushed game is bad forever.

Shigeru Miyamoto, Producer and General Manager of Nintendo EAD
#79 Edited by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

I use PC only currently and can't keep up with the backlog.

Who has time for consoles?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a system warrior, I don't knock other systems, but usually when people have lots of platforms, they end up just using a favorite one and the others collect dust.

My advice is use whatever system you enjoy most and don't worry about it.

Oh, and I paid about $800 for my system and play everything on high/ultra, I consider it time to upgrade when I need to kick things down to medium.

Not true. You game on the console for the games you buy....and you can buy whatever interests you. Easy to game on multi consoles.

Well right now each of the consoles has like....2 exclusives.

And I don't care about any of them except maybe Second Son (Sun?)

Not buying $399 hardware to play 1 game

Well I didn't say you had to be an early adopter. I usually wait myself. But I think the thread was more a poke at PC gamers that call themselves the master race while many only have one platform and others have more.

PC gamers aren't "master race."

PC platform is master race.

System wars, not people wars.

#80 Posted by OhSnapitz (18652 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

@Spike1988 said:

Ladies and gentleman. I have just purchased a PS4 thus completing my current gen system collection - I now own a PS4, Xbone, Wii U, and Gaming PC.

I move to put forth the notion that the TRUE master race is an owner of all current gen systems. Who agrees with this?

Fanboyism - Someone who blindly swears allegiance to one company/console and therefore misses out on a ton of amazing gaming experiences.

Did you make this?

lol love this...

..well I guess I more of a demi-God gamer since I don't own the WiiU/XBO. :P

#81 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152246 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

@LJS9502_basic:

A delayed game will eventually be good, a rushed game is bad forever.

Shigeru Miyamoto, Producer and General Manager of Nintendo EAD

Dreaming dude....dreaming.

#82 Posted by SeriousGaming (52 posts) -

No Ouya? Untermensch.

#83 Edited by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

Why would a master race citizen own such inferior Peasant technology? /s

The matter that seems to be missed on the forums is PC gamers can/tend to own consoles as well... Just prefer to game mostly on PC.

#84 Posted by sukraj (23782 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@sukraj said:

I wish I could afford to buy all the consoles.

Seems like a waste for most people. I can't imagine an adult actually having the time to actually play games on all these consoles, unless he or she was disabled or retired and could stay home all the time.

I agree I own a xbox one and that's enough for me.

#85 Edited by Bigboi500 (30874 posts) -

PS4 as my main system, Wii U as a backup, laptop for an occasional PC game plus 3DS and Vita for handheld gaming and I'm all set this gen.

#86 Edited by WallofTruth (2003 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@-Unreal- said:

Some people don't buy a system because there's no games on it to justify buying it. PS4 for example has nothing out that I want to play. So I just don't buy it.

Maybe you're different.

Buying either the PS4 or the XB1 seems ok, but both? That seems daft to me atm, esp if you have a PC

Agreed. PC + PS4 will be a good idea but PC + Wii U might be the best idea since most PS4 games are very similar to the stuff that's on PC.

#87 Posted by Spike1988 (1619 posts) -

Now I can play exclusives like Uncharted on PlayStation, Halo on Xbone, Zelda on Wii U, and MMO's like Wildstar on PC.
I don't care if I don't sink an even amount of hours into each system - I just care that now I can literally buy and play any game that interests me.

Master Race y'all! :)

#88 Posted by OhSnapitz (18652 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@farrell2k said:

@sukraj said:

I wish I could afford to buy all the consoles.

Seems like a waste for most people. I can't imagine an adult actually having the time to actually play games on all these consoles, unless he or she was disabled or retired and could stay home all the time.

I agree I own a xbox one and that's enough for me.

I disagree.. I own several consoles (collect them) and play them from time to time.. granted its few and far between, but they do get usage.

#89 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Spike1988 said:

Ladies and gentleman. I have just purchased a PS4 thus completing my current gen system collection - I now own a PS4, Xbone, Wii U, and Gaming PC.

I move to put forth the notion that the TRUE master race is an owner of all current gen systems. Who agrees with this?

Fanboyism - Someone who blindly swears allegiance to one company/console and therefore misses out on a ton of amazing gaming experiences.

What res and settings you can run Crysis 3 (maxed settings, max AA) ?

Under 1000 us dollars PC is not PC gaming

So says most truthful hermits until you bring up the argument that consoles only cost $400

#90 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18022 posts) -

They love guys like you, proof that Exclusivity works !

#91 Posted by lostrib (41845 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Spike1988 said:

Ladies and gentleman. I have just purchased a PS4 thus completing my current gen system collection - I now own a PS4, Xbone, Wii U, and Gaming PC.

I move to put forth the notion that the TRUE master race is an owner of all current gen systems. Who agrees with this?

Fanboyism - Someone who blindly swears allegiance to one company/console and therefore misses out on a ton of amazing gaming experiences.

What res and settings you can run Crysis 3 (maxed settings, max AA) ?

Under 1000 us dollars PC is not PC gaming

So says most truthful hermits until you bring up the argument that consoles only cost $400

Don't lump that fakeboy in with us

#92 Edited by jg4xchamp (49759 posts) -

@Spike1988 said:

Ladies and gentleman. I have just purchased a PS4 thus completing my current gen system collection - I now own a PS4, Xbone, Wii U, and Gaming PC.

I move to put forth the notion that the TRUE master race is an owner of all current gen systems. Who agrees with this?

People who waste a lot of money. Hooray.

#93 Posted by jake44 (2042 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Honestly as long as you're happy dude

#94 Posted by SamiRDuran (2709 posts) -

Owning all consoles is just a sign of too much free time which means no life. pc gamers have no time for inferior systems they are the real master race no one else. a ps4 costs as much as much as my keyboard + mouse its not about money.