The real master race

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Spike1988
Member since 2003 • 1631 Posts

Ladies and gentleman. I have just purchased a PS4 thus completing my current gen system collection - I now own a PS4, Xbone, Wii U, and Gaming PC.

I move to put forth the notion that the TRUE master race is an owner of all current gen systems. Who agrees with this?

Fanboyism - Someone who blindly swears allegiance to one company/console and therefore misses out on a ton of amazing gaming experiences.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I wish I could afford to buy all the consoles.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Some people don't buy a system because there's no games on it to justify buying it. PS4 for example has nothing out that I want to play. So I just don't buy it.

Maybe you're different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Nearly there.... have no intention of getting the xbone until price drops.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

Buying some electronic toys = master race

Nah, I don't think so.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Blorgarbalg it.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Spike1988 said:

Ladies and gentleman. I have just purchased a PS4 thus completing my current gen system collection - I now own a PS4, Xbone, Wii U, and Gaming PC.

I move to put forth the notion that the TRUE master race is an owner of all current gen systems. Who agrees with this?

Fanboyism - Someone who blindly swears allegiance to one company/console and therefore misses out on a ton of amazing gaming experiences.

What res and settings you can run Crysis 3 (maxed settings, max AA) ?

Under 1000 us dollars PC is not PC gaming

Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spike1988

@-Unreal- said:

Some people don't buy a system because there's no games on it to justify buying it. PS4 for example has nothing out that I want to play. So I just don't buy it.

Maybe you're different.

Don't get me wrong, PS4 is the weakest out of all the systems at the moment in terms of games to play on it. I was planning on getting one next year at the earliest when it actually had something worth playing on it. However I got an offer I couldn't refuse and picked a brand new one up for a very good price.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

Nah, not for me. Don't have enough time to play 4 systems. A gaming PC and a console will suffice imo.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I dont have the money or time for all systems, so you choose the best which would be a gaming PC.

If I could afford a PS4 or X1, I wouldn't buy them anyway theres no games I'm interested in, however if Mass Effect 4 is held hostage by one of those systems I'll buy the console right away.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HalcyonScarlet
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Spike1988 said:

Why not? You build a capable mid range for under that. Also, PC gaming is about specs on the outside looking in. PC gaming is about being able to play whatever you want however you choose.

Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spike1988

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Spike1988 said:

Why not? You build a capable mid range for under that. Also, PC gaming is about specs on the outside looking in. PC gaming is about being able to play whatever you want however you choose.

Well said @HalcyonScarlet. Also @FreedomFreeLife I built my PC last year and spent around $2k USD on it (not including monitor and keyboard/mouse). It's a beast. I haven't played Crysis since the second one though, but I'm pretty comfortable that my rig could get the job done =)

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
PC gaming is about being able to play whatever you want however you choose.

Which by default is very very very expensive.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Spike1988 said:

^this

and also i wish i could be rich enought to dont care about a console purchase than i would buy all of them even tho i dont have time to play all consoles

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I think the true master race would own everything. All consoles and PC. All handhelds (3DS, Vita, IOS etc.)

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

Playing 98 % of your games on PC and the other 2% on console exclusives is the way to go I suppose.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Question: Why does the PC have to be a gaming PC? I can buy and play some current gen PC games on my lap top. Not all current PC games require a gaming PC, right?

I have a PS4, Wii U and laptop PC, but no Xbox One.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 7MDMA

@Bigboi500 said:

Question: Why does the PC have to be a gaming PC? I can buy and play some current gen PC games on my lap top. Not all current PC games require a gaming PC, right?

The vast majority of games are multi-plats and a gaming PC means you're getting the superior experience in all these games with Ultra settings, super sampling and high FPS. Plus you'll need a half decent PC to emulate games like Mario Galaxy and to get the most of high end PC exclusives and PC centric titles.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500

@7mdma said:

@Bigboi500 said:

The vast majority of games are multi-plats and a gaming PC means you're getting the superior experience in all these games with Ultra settings, super sampling and high FPS. Plus you'll need a half decent PC to emulate games like Mario Galaxy and to get the most of high end PC exclusives and PC centric titles.

That doesn't answer my question at all.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Unless you play video games for a living, I don't see the value in purchasing all the consoles in a generation. For those of us with a life and desire to play games for more than an hour or two, one cannot keep up with all the major releases for four platforms.

Personally, I'm thinking in the next couple years, I'm going to be transititioning away from console gaming, and focus my energy, time and money on Star Citizen. The few hours a day of free time I get will be devoted to that game once it is fully released (i.e. Persistent Universe).

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44942 Posts

Honestly as long as you're happy dude

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 7MDMA

@Bigboi500 said:

@7mdma said:

@Bigboi500 said:

OK, PC doesn't have to be a proper gaming PC. You can still play tons of top quality titles from the past with perfect backwards compatibility. Obviously that's not a relevant gaming platform to discuss vs next gen consoles though.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bigboi500

@7mdma said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@7mdma said:

@Bigboi500 said:

OK, PC doesn't have to be a proper gaming PC. You can still play tons of top quality titles from the past with perfect backwards compatibility. Obviously that's not a relevant gaming platform to discuss vs next gen consoles though.

That's just it though; some current gen PC games are playable on low to middle end PC hardware, not only past titles. Relevance for personal enjoyment, but not for SW battling. Agreed there.

I don't base purchases of hardware/software for SW silliness though.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I have all the current gen consoles and handhelds and a gaming PC. There will never be enough time for me to fully enjoy each. I think the only current gen console games I finished are Ryse and Infamous Second Son. I think I own 10 PS4 and Wii U games and 9 Xbox One games. There are already games I have just accepted that I will never finish. And with the holiday season approaching the backlog will only get worse.

And thanks to steam sales I have a PC backlog in the dozens. And then there are the Retro consoles and games.....

I honestly think it would be smarter for people with time constraints to pick 1 maybe 2 consoles and just roll with that. Or 1 console and a gaming PC. My problem is I like to collect things, (video games, football/baseball cards, aspiring sneakerhead) so all logic on the matter is thrown out the window.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

A fanboy is someone who gets and defends products of a company, over and over, no matter what. Thats stupid indeed.

There are fair reasons to only support one platform per gen, though. Why would you get multiple systems, if you dont have time to play all the games you want on a single one?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@7mdma said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@7mdma said:

@Bigboi500 said:

That's just it though; some current gen PC games are playable on low to middle end PC hardware, not only past titles. Relevance for personal enjoyment, but not for SW battling. Agreed there.

Most of the best PC titles really don't require an expensive rig, really. My PC is getting outdated, but I'm not going to upgrade simply because I have to turn multiplats from "very high" to "high".

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Heirren said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
PC gaming is about being able to play whatever you want however you choose.

Which by default is very very very expensive.

Well, no. That's not what I meant.

'Whatever' as in whatever types of games you're into, casual etc.

'However' as in whatever hardware and settings is okay by the individual.

Someone could just want to casual game and is happy using an AMD APU to do it. My point was that there are varying degrees of gaming on a PC. And you don't need enthusiast grade hardware to do it.

My graphics card is a Palit GTX 750 Ti and is likely the best version of the card. It was £120 and it seems to be able to handle whatever I throw at it so far. I'm very happy with it, it's no where near the most powerful card in the world, but it's a great card for those getting into PC gaming like I am.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

Nope, PC is still the master race.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bigboi500

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Most of the best PC titles really don't require an expensive rig, really. My PC is getting outdated, but I'm not going to upgrade simply because I have to turn multiplats from "very high" to "high".

Yep.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

Buying some electronic toys = master race

Nah, I don't think so.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

I own them all too. We are true gaming manticores.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Is this real life?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Complete waste of time and money owning every single console & Handheld that comes out, imo.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HalcyonScarlet
@Heil68 said:

lol

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I own as many current gen gaming platforms as TC, yet I don't own the Xbone or PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Lol. You didn't thank Sony or mention "Live Love Learn." This is a first I think. Are you feeling ok?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#38 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Heil68 said:

Lol. You didn't thank Sony or mention "Live Love Learn." This is a first I think. Are you feeling ok?

Praise Godny!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Heil68 said:

I hold no favoritism. :D

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

The master race is the one who enjoys what they have and doesn't feel the need to put others down regardless of what they prefer.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HalcyonScarlet
@Heil68 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Heil68 said:

I hold no favoritism. :D

haha LOL

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Spike1988 said:

It is

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Here's my problem though.

The PC I've had for half a decade has gotten more exclusives in the last week than the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One will have gotten this whole year, and has also been destroying those three consoles as far as quality games go.

Am I going to spend over $1000 to get three consoles, and then spend an extra $100+ a year on top of that for online, and spend a premium on all gaming-related purchases (game prices, DLC, etc) just so I can have access to one or two extra quality games a year? No... There are so many games on the PC, and far more quality games than consoles, that I've always got something to keep me busy.

Consoles just seem like an absolute waste of money nowadays. It's not like the days of the PS2 anymore.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

So only people with money or plenty of free time and money can be considered?

No.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

Nice list of redundant hardware you have there. The sentiment is nice but it's a shame we have to own all this stuff to play all the good games out there. Oh well that's the way doing business works. Big companies with big exclusives deals with other big companies mean big spending by the consumer.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I suppose? You're still an idiot for buying a PS4 and Xbone.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Of course it is. What kind of backwards logic is that? Any PC that can run modern games is a gaming PC. "Modern" being new games. Able to play modern games meaning being able to play the latest released games at playable framerates at your monitor's native resolution.

Obviously a bit ambiguous but I always feel if you're having to turn down all graphics settings and the resolution to something lower than your monitor's native res (and for arguing sake let's say the average currently is a 16:9 1080p screen), then you're PC is outdated and it's time to upgrade. If you're like me and run a 1440p screen then things get a bit more confusing as I'm running higher than the average resolution.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@-Unreal- said:

Maybe you're different.

Buying either the PS4 or the XB1 seems ok, but both? That seems daft to me atm, esp if you have a PC

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I start to feel a little overwhelmed when I think about my backlog just for any one of my systems. I'd much rather be more invested into a smaller number of libraries and dig deeper into each rather than scratch the surface on everything. Let's not kid ourselves, no one here who functions as a normal human being has time for all notable game releases between so many systems.