the real difference between Xbone and PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

MS needs to release all their blockbuster games to sell their console and sony sells only by brandname no need for blockbuster games just yet

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

So MS earns their sales? Is that somehow a bad thing

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@Chutebox: sony history >>>>>>>>>> MS

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@lglz1337: It's not Sony's name that's moving the ps4 faster, it's everything from how they marketed it, price, and the overall power of the console. I like my Xbox One, but it's no secret they botched the unveiling and subsequent hype for the console pretty badly.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

The first original Xbox already warn me not to buy Microsoft game product ......... nuff said

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@hippiesanta:

The first original Xbox was as awesome console. Xbox One on the other hand is a steaming pile of shit.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@hippiesanta:

The first original Xbox was as awesome console. Xbox One on the other hand is a steaming pile of shit.

Xbone is a great console. Quit being a fanboy.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Sony has much much better brand perception than Microsoft in this department.

Despite the PS3 being inferior in almost every-way to the 360 for 4 years and was double the price. It still outsold it when you compare thier respective time-frames.

Sony can get by on brand name really.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Microsoft has many things going against them.

Their console is the most expensive, has less graphical horsepower than the PS4, and has a smaller range of different genre exclusives. Xbox definitely has some great FPS shooters in its pipeline, but they have really screwed up with some studios that could have leveraged titles. Rare was pretty much turned into a Kinect studio. Massive fail in my opinion. Phil Spencer can claim all he wants that he didn't demand Rare to pump out titles for the Kinect, but anyone with a brain can see right through that bullshit.

Microsoft needs to lower the price of the console and take a hit on the hardware price. They already stated over and over that Kinect is part of the platform. It would be rather short sighted to give up on it now. Make it the same price as the PS4, and then reiterate that while it is not necessary, it is required to fully take advantage of the platform. That way they could get some people who do not want it to try it, because they can always not use it and did not have to pay for it.

Second thing they need to do is build great studios, and let them make games without forcing them to pump out sequel after sequel. I can almost guarantee that is why Bungie left Microsoft. They saw no room for growth working at Microsoft. Yes they created Halo, but who would want to be forced to work on the same shit for 8+ years. It gets old. If you do not want to work on something and you are forced to, you will not have the passion to make what the game was great for the begin with. A passion for the work is what drives developers. Hell, farm out some ip exclusives to well known studios like they did with Killer Instinct.

Right now it seams they made a great studio with 343 and if Microsoft follows the same route they have been taking, they are going to run the thing into the ground. They are already making plans to do it with Blacktusk. Great new Ips come when you give awesome developers the ability to actually make them and not push out the same shit year after year.

All is not lost for Microsoft, but they really have to take a look how they have been managing their studios. Invest in new ones, and let them do their damn job. There is always someone you can contract out if you just have to shovel the same games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

so what you're saying is that there is no reason to buy a PS4 at the moment?

I agree

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

That's very true and kind of sad at the same time. I don't like when a product sells on its brand name alone regardless of what it has to offer. Case in point: Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Pro Evolution Soccer and a lot more.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5844 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

Microsoft has many things going against them.

Their console is the most expensive, has less graphical horsepower than the PS4, and has a smaller range of different genre exclusives. Xbox definitely has some great FPS shooters in its pipeline, but they have really screwed up with some studios that could have leveraged titles. Rare was pretty much turned into a Kinect studio. Massive fail in my opinion. Phil Spencer can claim all he wants that he didn't demand Rare to pump out titles for the Kinect, but anyone with a brain can see right through that bullshit.

Microsoft needs to lower the price of the console and take a hit on the hardware price. They already stated over and over that Kinect is part of the platform. It would be rather short sighted to give up on it now. Make it the same price as the PS4, and then reiterate that while it is not necessary, it is required to fully take advantage of the platform. That way they could get some people who do not want it to try it, because they can always not use it and did not have to pay for it.

Second thing they need to do is build great studios, and let them make games without forcing them to pump out sequel after sequel. I can almost guarantee that is why Bungie left Microsoft. They saw no room for growth working at Microsoft. Yes they created Halo, but who would want to be forced to work on the same shit for 8+ years. It gets old. If you do not want to work on something and you are forced to, you will not have the passion to make what the game was great for the begin with. A passion for the work is what drives developers. Hell, farm out some ip exclusives to well known studios like they did with Killer Instinct.

Right now it seams they made a great studio with 343 and if Microsoft follows the same route they have been taking, they are going to run the thing into the ground. They are already making plans to do it with Blacktusk. Great new Ips come when you give awesome developers the ability to actually make them and not push out the same shit year after year.

All is not lost for Microsoft, but they really have to take a look how they have been managing their studios. Invest in new ones, and let them do their damn job. There is always someone you can contract out if you just have to shovel the same games.

Xbox got there range of launch titles better than PS4 hands down. PS4 padded their launch titles with indie games.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CrashNBurn281

@tdkmillsy:

I was not explicitly talking only launch titles. That much should have been apparent to you when I spoke of studios yet to release Xbone games as of yet.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

KillZone has outsold pretty much every XBone title, right?

/thread

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Also add the 50% power advantage the PS4 has. Thanks.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

I can confirm that the PS4 is, in fact, not a watercooler.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

And yet it's the most sold back game along with ryse.Killzone sold based on hype.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CrashNBurn281

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

And yet it's the most sold back game along with ryse.Killzone sold based on hype.

With great numbers, comes great resale-ability. Don't be a hater, it doesn't suit your cuddly avatar.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 super600  Moderator

@crashnburn281 said:

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

With great numbers, comes great resale-ability. Don't be a hater, it doesn't suit your cuddly avatar.

Then explain the game's really low online population.

El_Garbanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 El_Garbanzo
Member since 2012 • 296 Posts

Ms Just needs more TV & sports

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I have preferred Sony consoles ever since the PS1 because of their games. Simple as that.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@super600 said:

@crashnburn281 said:

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

So many other games to play !!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

@lostrib said:

I agree

So far there isn't any reason to buy either.....

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

True fact...If Titanfall were coming to PS4 as well as Xbox One, I would have to say that the X1 would be in some trouble at this point. That game alone is going to keep the X1 alive as a console until some of its bigger games hit this Fall. E3 will tell us much more of the story of these two consoles for the next 18 months, but I would have to say as an owner of both that the PS4 has a much brighter future

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@Chutebox: sony history >>>>>>>>>> MS

Nintendo/Sega History >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony history >>>>>>>>>>> M$ History.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Oh look,another fanboy thread from OP

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

I agree

So far there isn't any reason to buy either.....

yes....

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Sony have history in producing triple the FIRST party exclusives Microsoft do.

Sony has variety in it's games,

Sony doesn't abandon it's gamers 2years before there next console comes out.

Xbox One will sell well and is a good system and I will be buying one once it comes down in price and size honestly the size of the thing is baffling when you look at it next to the ps4.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Murderstyle75

@millerlight89:

Not being a fanboy. I'm being a smart consumer and not a braindead puppet who accepts any piece of shit thrown at them. If Microsoft ever made a good gaming product again, I would buy it. Not this gimmick made for fanboys and casual soccer families. This will actually be the first generation where I only owned 1 machine. I bought the last two Xbox consoles right at launch.

But then again you like Miller Lite anyway meaning you are very easily manipulated.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Murderstyle75: I dont even drink beer. Millerlite was my nickname in sports due to miller being my last name. I made a username when I was 12 and miss spelled it. When I made this account I just kept the nickname. I guess you like to murder people since your name has murder in it. That is your logic baby. As for the xbone it is a solid system, and your pitiful remarks can't change that. I just took you back to school and feed you a lunchable. You need to retire from this. What's a phrase you can relate to....hm....oh, far out

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By super600  Moderator

@aroxx_ab said:

@super600 said:

@crashnburn281 said:

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

Usually if a franchise is strong in terms of appeal or a game is good enough for most people it wouldn't be struggling to keep a viable population months after release even if it sells a couple of million copies and lots of other games have released or released.The PS+ requirement may be hurting the game a bit,but there may be other fractors influencing the game's online population.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Murderstyle75

@millerlight89:

If Xbox One was a solid console, there wouldn't be pallets just sitting on the sales floor. You didn't feed me shit. Xbox One is a weak console with unnecessary gimmicks. Microsoft also deserves to fail so they can wake the **** up and get things right.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@millerlight89:

If Xbox One was a solid console, there wouldn't be pallets just sitting on the sales floor. You didn't feed me shit. Xbox One is a weak console with unnecessary gimmicks. Microsoft also deserves to fail so they can wake the **** up and get things right.

false

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Xbone is just fine despite the blunders they made.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Murderstyle75

@lostrib:

How is that false? I'll tell ya what. If I end up going to Best Buy tomorrow, I'll take a picture.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

How is that false? I'll tell ya what. If I end up going to Best Buy tomorrow, I'll take a picture.

Just because something is "solid" or of good quality does not then mean it will sell well

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

I suspect you won't go, or won't find what you are looking for, and simply said you didn't go. The glory of anonymity.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

MS needs to release all their blockbuster games to sell their console and sony sells only by brandname no need for blockbuster games just yet

Wrong ... The differences are

100$

7790 vs 7850

DDR3 vs GDDR5

Sonys exclusives having way better variety ,from action/adventures to story driven to action to platform to open world to unique games like Last Guardian/Journey etc

VS

M$ exclusives... typical shooters and some racing here and there ...

Those are the differences that making PS4 way more appealing and only those. Weve seen what happend to PS3 so i doubt what is happening with PS4 is because of brand alone.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shewgenja

@super600 said:

@crashnburn281 said:

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

Should we put an * next to the 360s WW sales due to RRoD? If not, then let's just not go there.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

The xflop cost more and has less power with glitched voice commands vs The ps4 with cheaper online gaming and free games with the most exclusives across more game types even indie games. Sony is also bring ps now and even a VR headset.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

The xflop cost more and has less power with glitched voice commands vs The ps4 with cheaper online gaming and free games with the most exclusives across more game types even indie games. Sony is also bring ps now and even a VR headset.

free games?

where?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@super600 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@super600 said:

@crashnburn281 said:

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

/thread

Usually if a franchise is strong in terms of appeal or a game is good enough for most people it wouldn't be struggling to keep a viable population months after release even if it sells a couple of million copies and lots of other games have released or released.The PS+ requirement may be hurting the game a bit,but there may be other fractors influencing the game's online population.

Yeah maybe so, but KZ is not a pure 100% multiplayer game so for me question is how many bought Killzone for multiplayer or for the Singleplayer, I got it for SP...:D

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Murderstyle75

@lundy86_4:

Notice I said "If" I make it up there. Not making any special trips for a pointless thread. But in the meantime, its available for pickup at each and every Best Buy in my area. Stock is never sold out. Not even close to it.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/getpdpstoreresults.jsp?skuId=9008182&pid=1219013502542&_requestid=227794

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lundy86_4:

Notice I said "If" I make it up there. Not making any special trips for a pointless thread. But in the meantime, its available for pickup at each and every Best Buy in my area. Stock is never sold out. Not even close to it.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/getpdpstoreresults.jsp?skuId=9008182&pid=1219013502542&_requestid=227794

Which was my point. If you went, and couldn't get the picture you wanted, you'd simply claim you didn't go.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@hippiesanta:

I completely disagree, but to each their own. The original Xbox had awful controllers due to size and button layout (black and white dots...really?), in addition to its awful look and big name games like Halo also being on PC. 360 Had fixed the controller but still made a cheap PoS machine that had major issues. One I can only comment on what I know, since I have not played it or the PS4. PS4 appears to be a more powerful console for less money.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
@lglz1337 said:

Sony is selling the graphics capability.