The PSP is dead

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mahjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mahjustin
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts
[QUOTE="mahjustin"]

[QUOTE="BuddaX"]Brain Age was a remake? Nintendogs was a remake? Club House games was a remake?  Phoenix Wright? Hotel Dusk? Sorry your wrong.

And games like NSMB, Castlevania, Advance Wars, ect, are not remakes but new entries in established franchises.
supersaiyan039

Lumines was a remake? Field Commander was a remake? Tokobot a remake? Loco Roco a remake? Metal Gear Acid Series a remake? Sorry but you can say the same thing for the PSP.

And games like Tekken: DR, Daxter, MGS:PO, Burnout, Syphon Filter, Wipeout Pure, SOCOM, GTA: LCS and VCS, Killzone Liberation, Ratchet and Clank, Ace Combat, etc, are not remakes but new entires in established franchises.

loco roco isnt a remake, and metal gear acid isnt a remake what are you talkin about.

you smokin weed or something? I'm just using BuddaX's argument and throwing it right back at him. I know those games aren't remakes, that's why I used them in my line of questioning. But just to set the record straight, Phoenix Wright is not a remake, it's a port. The series originated on the GBA.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
PSP is the king of all shoddy ports plus the analog stick sucks, theres a difference between crappy looking 3D graphics of the PSP and really good looking 2D graphics of the DS with the occasional fun 3D game.
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#53 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
I suppose if they really wanted to spark a little interest they'd just hire out Dark_Alex to do firmware designing. That guy cranks out stuff in a week that takes Sony months, not including all of the additional features he's made himself.
GEMINI_CYBORG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GEMINI_CYBORG
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts
Almost dead...just almost. 
chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Uhh firstly, the PSP isnt doing bad :|.BuddaX
did you even read the article?

the article means naff all when you look at the sales figures each month

crashintome202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 crashintome202
Member since 2004 • 466 Posts
PSP was never alive. It's a handheld made of ports, bad ones at that, and hand wrenchingly bad controls. Though the hacking and emulation community is alive and well.

PS: DA_B0MB ur sig is amazing
evil_tormentor
i agree. my friend was playing medal of honor and to aim left and right you used the square and circle buttons. the controls are awful
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
That doesn't mean it dead it still selling and if sony drop the price for the PSP than it will sell more(but probably not that much).
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
The PSP is selling really well, and it's a superb system. The DS and PSP are different animals: they can not be compared. They both offer different things. The PSP offers complete multimedia in one single device, whereas the DS focuses on a different style of gaming.
LeetWarrior29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LeetWarrior29
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts

the DS is dead cause there are no good games coming out for it. pokemon's online is supposedly being hacked by noobs in Japan with action replay. DS will never have a good online because ppl use action replay all the time which is y i sold my DS Lite. PSP online games are great ( SOCOM, SFDM, M:UA, MGS:PO,RnC:SM, e.t.c.) because there are never ppl that hack the games (unless it is on SFDM but nowadays ppl dont cheat on it). To cut a long story short the DS is dead and the PSP is the future!

palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]The PSP is selling really well, and it's a superb system. The DS and PSP are different animals: they can not be compared. They both offer different things. The PSP offers complete multimedia in one single device, whereas the DS focuses on a different style of gaming.

true the psp is not dead though Im happy I sold it got a 360 with it DEAD RISING =)
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts
the PSP cleary COST TO MUCH.
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Uhh firstly, the PSP isnt doing bad :|.BuddaX

PSP is the first handheld to remotely stay up-float against Nintendo. The game-gear wasn't even close. The PSP has over 5 million users with a lot games still in development. I think it will be fine. Prince of Persia, god of war prequel, Crisis core:FF7, FF13, GRAW2, DMC:remake... the PSP will be alright in the upcoming year
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts
It's the modern day Atari Lynx
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#65 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
UMD: FAILED PORTS: POINTLESS COST: TOO HIGH SALES: TOO LOW I guess that could be why it's dying or dead, yeah. The only people I kniow who want it, want it for "teh homebrew". Which is kinda sad, when you think on it.
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 kingyoto
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
this thread "is dead".
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kingyoto
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
[QUOTE="BuddaX"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Uhh firstly, the PSP isnt doing bad :|.mushi799

PSP is the first handheld to remotely stay up-float against Nintendo. The game-gear wasn't even close. The PSP has over 5 million users with a lot games still in development. I think it will be fine. Prince of Persia, god of war prequel, Crisis core:FF7, FF13, GRAW2, DMC:remake... the PSP will be alright in the upcoming year

hey and you know you have a point look at the crapiness of the N-gage the psp has easily surpassed it future sony handhelds will be better.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#68 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
[QUOTE="mushi799"][QUOTE="BuddaX"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Uhh firstly, the PSP isnt doing bad :|.kingyoto

hey and you know you have a point look at the crapiness of the N-gage the psp has easily surpassed it future sony handhelds will be better.

So, compared to a totally lam ehandheld that failed miserably, the PSP didn't do too bad? Is that what you're saying?
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

you cant call something dead that is still selling. Only blind fanboys can see that the psp is dead. Hell if you want to see something dead, look at the XBOX and Gamecube. Those are officially dead since like 1 of 10000 people buy it nowadays

NuclearFreedom

it still selling so accodring to your logic gc and xbox are not dead :|

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"]UMD: FAILED PORTS: POINTLESS COST: TOO HIGH SALES: TOO LOW I guess that could be why it's dying or dead, yeah. The only people I kniow who want it, want it for "teh homebrew". Which is kinda sad, when you think on it.

5 million handheld is low?
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts
[QUOTE="mushi799"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]UMD: FAILED PORTS: POINTLESS COST: TOO HIGH SALES: TOO LOW I guess that could be why it's dying or dead, yeah. The only people I kniow who want it, want it for "teh homebrew". Which is kinda sad, when you think on it.

5 million handheld is low?

compared to Nintendo's hand helds...i guess....DS has sold like...much more millions ?
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ipik_Fenris
correct..........the DS has sold 21+ millions http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=75769
_Ishida_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 _Ishida_
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
Sheep use sales as ownage because all the games on their systems suck. And you can qoute me on that.
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ipik_Fenris
soz old, article, but anyways...just imagine how much more units have been sold since that date :shock:
Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Spamwell
Member since 2004 • 464 Posts
I worked at an EB in Australia for over a year. The DS outsold the PSP by at least 4 to 1. The only people who bought PSP's were teenage boys who wanted to play GTA. We sold DS's and DS games like hotcakes. The PSP games kept getting cheaper and cheaper, whereas DS such as Mario Kart DS are still full price. The DS prints money...
_Ishida_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 _Ishida_
[QUOTE="Spamwell"]The only people who bought PSP's were teenage boys who wanted to play GTA. We sold DS's and DS games like hotcakes. QUOTE] Teenager here. Bought the PSP and hate GTA. Nice little sterotype you got there. Almost as good as the 'all DS players are kids'.
_Ishida_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 _Ishida_
[QUOTE="Spamwell"]The only people who bought PSP's were teenage boys who wanted to play GTA. We sold DS's and DS games like hotcakes. _Ishida_
Teenager here. Bought the PSP and hate GTA. Nice little sterotype you got there. Almost as good as the 'all DS players are kids'.

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#78 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Nice, once the PSP dies, i'm going to get one. :D
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Really I don't hope it is dead, and it's still doing well. Competition will give the DS more quality games, seriously... I don't see why the PSP should die. Do I prefer it? No, and yet if it died, it would likely mean the quality of games we get on the DS could drop.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
Yeah all the homebrew stuff makes PSP worth it as opposed to DS.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
yeah I haven't played it in months. Last game I played on it wasn't even a PSP Game lol
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
Technically, it;s in critical/serious condition. Not dead.
gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
if the psp were to die, there would be no competition, and the ds games of 07 have seriously lacked so far, i haven't bought a game for the ds since NSMB, nintendo needs to step up there game, my ds is collecting dust :'(
Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Plug1Plug2
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts
Has the lowly PSP sold more than the N-Gage? Does anyone have the numbers. Anyway, it makes a great paperweight.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Yeah all the homebrew stuff makes PSP worth it as opposed to DS. lilrush
exactly.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
if the psp were to die, there would be no competition, and the ds games of 07 have seriously lacked so far, i haven't bought a game for the ds since NSMB, nintendo needs to step up there game, my ds is collecting dust :'(gander448
No competition? What competition did GBA have?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
you see my avitar? The game that this character is in is probably going to be the final nail in the psp's coffin.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#88 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
Link. Retailers want it off the shelves, consumers have lost interest, and Sony knows it's time to do something.  The DS wiped the floor with the PSP.  To all the DS haters in the beginning I have one thing to say:

BuddaX
that pic is gonna come back and bite your anus...
gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
[QUOTE="gander448"]if the psp were to die, there would be no competition, and the ds games of 07 have seriously lacked so far, i haven't bought a game for the ds since NSMB, nintendo needs to step up there game, my ds is collecting dust :'(AdamPA1006
No competition? What competition did GBA have?

to me, the gba was a portable snes, so all those ports (SMA 1-4) FF's, Golden sun, metriods and what not held me over. DS was awesome in 05 and 06, my fav system, but after that it seems like ninty has used all it's big guns and has nothing really down the pipeline, except zelda. I'm hoping for another Kirby that goes back to canvas curse style, an online meteos, another NSMB, maybe a 2d metriod, etc.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
[QUOTE="NuclearFreedom"]

you cant call something dead that is still selling. Only blind fanboys can see that the psp is dead. Hell if you want to see something dead, look at the XBOX and Gamecube. Those are officially dead since like 1 of 10000 people buy it nowadays

wavebrid

it still selling so accodring to your logic gc and xbox are not dead :|

GC and XB have been discontinued, so you have owned yourself.
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
Sheep use sales as ownage because all the games on their systems suck. And you can qoute me on that._Ishida_
Yeah good sales is a bad thing, bad bad thing.
Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
PSP dead? 20+ million plus in 2 years doesn't seem like a dead machine to me. It's also obvious that Sony creates systems to have a long life cycle. IMO, the PSP will likely have a longer life cycle than the PS2 has, as how long will it take Nintendo to make a hand held that has the same graphical capabilities that the PSP has. All the PSP needs is a price drop and some new colors and the sales will get even better(it has the games). It won't pass the DS as the DS is doing amazing but the PSP will be a success.