The PS3 gets another AAE RPG!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3432 posts) -

The Atelier series is awesome as I loved Ayesha. If you love an amazing crafting system, beautiful music and design, and an exciting and customizable battle system, GET THIS GAME.

#2 Posted by adders99 (2604 posts) -

looks like every other JRPG...

#3 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

14 critics is still too early to brand it AA

#4 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7419 posts) -

@adders99 said:

#5 Edited by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

The Atelier series has always been a sour taste. The calendar restricts your natural desire to explore new areas, and if you don't find a certain ingredient you need after exploring x number of areas in result you fail the mission you have, and you get a game over and have to start over

I will probably get this, but it's not high on my wishlist.

#6 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28380 posts) -

I'm still waiting for the 50 or so AAA first party studio produced Sony games Sheen's guarantee'd the ps3 would have because Sony always does this to support a older gensystem after the new system is released......

Other than that this is what happened with the ps2 smaller studios produced mainly jrpgs because they couldn't afford to develop for the newer system and the ps2 had the user numbers., sadly the lower end spectrum jrpgs are kind of shitty carbon copy puzzle piece fairs that wouldn't have succeeded on the newer system.

#7 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3432 posts) -

The Atelier series has always been a sour taste. The calendar restricts your natural desire to explore new areas, and if you don't find a certain ingredient you need after exploring x number of areas in result you fail the mission you have, and you get a game over and have to start over

I will probably get this, but it's not high on my wishlist.

Eh, I think I adjusted to that system after playing Purse Owner.

And really Kristian, Helix Fossil XD.

#8 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: praise helix.

I need to change my avy again, I'm a vita bro and have to represent.

#9 Edited by lostrib (35807 posts) -

Never heard of it so it must suck

#10 Posted by lostrib (35807 posts) -

I'm still waiting for the 50 or so AAA first party studio produced Sony games Sheen's guarantee'd the ps3 would have because Sony always does this to support a older gensystem after the new system is released......

Other than that this is what happened with the ps2 smaller studios produced mainly jrpgs because they couldn't afford to develop for the newer system and the ps2 had the user numbers., sadly the lower end spectrum jrpgs are kind of shitty carbon copy puzzle piece fairs that wouldn't have succeeded on the newer system.

sources please

also, please explain what the hell a sheen is

#12 Posted by Couth_ (10059 posts) -

I'm still waiting for the 50 or so AAA first party studio produced Sony games Sheen's guarantee'd the ps3 would have

rofl

#13 Posted by darkangel115 (1582 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

sources please

what is with all the auto-correct sheep into sheen lately? i swear i seen it like 10 times on here the past day or so

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

No reviews from GS?

#15 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

I think I might make this my first atelier game. :)

#16 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3432 posts) -
#17 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
#18 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1476 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

sources please

Will here has been trying for a very long time for it to stick. It's what he calls cows, nothing more.

#19 Posted by blackace (20562 posts) -

@adders99 said:

I've never even heard of it. Plus I still have Bravely Default and Tales of Xillia to play.

#20 Edited by Blabadon (26150 posts) -

I can't actually bring myself to play Totori

#21 Edited by yokofox33 (29522 posts) -

Those Atelier games are mediocre at best. I tried the first one and got bored pretty quickly. I can't imagine these games are that much different from each other.

#22 Edited by Heil68 (43951 posts) -

SONY supporting their consoles for the entire life cycle. It's quite spectacular really when you think they launched a new console on top of it all.

#23 Posted by lostrib (35807 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

sources please

what is with all the auto-correct sheep into sheen lately? i swear i seen it like 10 times on here the past day or so

It's not auto correct, he says that on purpose

#24 Edited by lostrib (35807 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

sources please

Will here has been trying for a very long time for it to stick. It's what he calls cows, nothing more.

Yeah, but I want to know what it's origin is. Like sony fanboys are called cows for a reason. What the hell is the reason for calling them "Sheens"

#25 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42713 posts) -

Metacritic doesn't dictate AAE status. Besides, it's a JRPG so... yuck! :P

#26 Posted by mynamesdenvrmax (2195 posts) -

@adders99 said:

I know! Isn't it great? Sony fans love some goofy shit.

#27 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29189 posts) -

Eh from what I played of the Atelier series I really wasn't impressed.

#28 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1476 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

@lostrib said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

sources please

Yeah, but I want to know what it's origin is. Like sony fanboys are called cows for a reason. What the hell is the reason for calling them "Sheens"

Nobody knows, probably just his own internal quirks where he has a small laugh every time he types "Sheens".

#29 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3432 posts) -
#30 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: sure did, I've been hooked to Kuroko's Basketball lately. I can easily relate to Kuroko, since he little and sucks at shooting, but he is a a pro at passing the ball.

#31 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3432 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@SonicNextGen2: sure did, I've been hooked to Kuroko's Basketball lately. I can easily relate to Kuroko, since he little and sucks at shooting, but he is a a pro at passing the ball.

WHY IS EVERYBODY INTO THAT SHOW LATELY?

P.S: We need to party chat on the Vita :3

#32 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13821 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

sources please

That's just asking too much of poor William now.

#33 Posted by KBFloYd (13426 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

SONY supporting their consoles for the entire life cycle. It's quite spectacular really when you think they launched a new console on top of it all.

yea except its a 3rd party game...

#34 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: I think it's so popular because common anime troupes aren't present and it's very realistic compared to most anime. Not to mention its relatable and has lots of action. What is there not to love? :) I'm very new to anime, so new I can't stand anything outrageous as of right now, so this one is perfect for me to get into the discourse.

#35 Edited by Mesomorphin (821 posts) -

boooooooring. next

#36 Posted by Gue1 (9765 posts) -

with only 14 reviews though... And from what I heard this is the worst Atelier game on the PS3.

#37 Posted by Suppaman100 (3860 posts) -

81? That's very high for an atelier game. You love it or you hate it though.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (43951 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

yea except its a 3rd party game...

Well I know Nintendo is not used to 3rd party support, but by golly SONY welcomes it!@

#39 Posted by ristactionjakso (5725 posts) -

Hmm I'll keep an eye on it. I like that it says its supposed to be more mature. Nothing grinds my gears more than a cheesy childish jrpg. I also like that you can choose between 2 protagonists, a male and female. Need more info on it.

#40 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27544 posts) -

Sorry to say you need to update your OP TC, no longer over 80 and its falling rather fast.

EDIT at the rate its going it might not be Ae for much longer tbh ...

#41 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5394 posts) -
#42 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2571 posts) -

Never been a fan of the Atelier series.I hate bs time limits in rpgs

#43 Posted by ristactionjakso (5725 posts) -

Ya the time limit is the deal breaker. I watched youtube videos and read more about it. Everything looked like a sure buy for me, until I read time limits. Why implement phucking time limits in any rpg? or in any game for that matter?

#44 Posted by Boddicker (2691 posts) -

@adders99 said:

#45 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

hey everyone look at me!

i'm a plucky teen off to save the world one turn at a time!

#46 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

Down to a 70 already. Don't think this is gonna make it, TC.

#47 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4627 posts) -

I would pick any western rpg over this Japanese hentai crap

#48 Posted by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

@santoron said:

Down to a 70 already. Don't think this is gonna make it, TC.

Actually, the Metascore has just gone up to 82. What's going on?

#49 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3432 posts) -

How'd you guys get 70 from the average, it says 82 right now?

#50 Edited by Bigboi500 (29611 posts) -

These games come out faster than a mother fucker. I still need to pick up this one and Ayesha.