The PS VITA is officially dead.

• 80 results
#51 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2741 posts) -

it's been dead since it was released

#52 Posted by Shmiity (5146 posts) -

Hey guys, lets all go back and play N-gage.

#53 Posted by darkspineslayer (19766 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR: The difference between the Vita and the Shield, is that people own Vitas.

#54 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@AK_the_Twilight: im sorry you're poor. :-(

Not everyone can be successful like me.

#55 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4492 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

I would rather Sony focus all their studios on PS4 so if that relegates Vita to an indie, multiplat and remote play device so be it. It is still not dead though as this past month it sold much better in the US than it has in a long time. Plus it will get a big spike in Japan with Freedom Wars.

The thing is, Indie games excel on handhelds, so it's not a bad thing.

The game we traditionally consider as handheld games, is very close to what we consider Indie games now. If I'm honest, I'm not a big fan of home console type games or ports on handhelds.

So I'm okay with them using the Vita for Indie games. And there's nothing to say Indie games can't take advantage of the hardware.

#56 Posted by yokofox33 (29881 posts) -

Oh, let's not forget the absolute fucking game changer that is Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

Unbelievable! Can you imagine the step? It's genius!

#57 Posted by AK_the_Twilight (285 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@AK_the_Twilight: im sorry you're poor. :-(

Not everyone can be successful like me.

You're more successful than Sony is with the Vita. :D

#58 Edited by monson21502 (8070 posts) -

@VendettaRed07 said:

Might be the first system I ever sell.

wii was mine. still got all my other systems. i am being picky this gen. didnt buy a vita or a wii u yet or a ps4. i just have a 3ds and xbox one ill probably get a ps4 next when its 299

#59 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@monson21502 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

wii was mine. still got all my other systems. i am being picky this gen. didnt buy a vita or a wii u yet or a ps4. i just have a 3ds and xbox one ill probably get a ps4 next when its 299

> Is picky

> Bought an xbone.

just lel

#60 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14444 posts) -

I'd rather have them focus all their attention on the ps4.

It's still a damn well made product, shame the developer support is so nil.

#61 Posted by coasterguy65 (6016 posts) -

It was pretty much shot in the head by the starter's pistol out the gate...Over priced proprietary memory, stupid name, over priced system, and no real unique games (other than maybe Tearaway).

Sony as always did it's usual moves...we are really going to support this thing...wait.....what's that shiny thing over in the corner...um...yeah what was I saying...oh yeah...we are going to really support this next new thing..

#62 Posted by speedfog (3224 posts) -

LOL VITA

#63 Edited by KBFloYd (13809 posts) -

@coasterguy65 said:

It was pretty much shot in the head by the starter's pistol out the gate...Over priced proprietary memory, stupid name, over priced system, and no real unique games (other than maybe Tearaway).

Sony as always did it's usual moves...we are really going to support this thing...wait.....what's that shiny thing over in the corner...um...yeah what was I saying...oh yeah...we are going to really support this next new thing..

i think sony had no one to copy except for nintendo. thats why the vita was trash.

with consoles sony had the 360 to completely copy the online and achievements.....with handhelds they had no one but nintendo.

so the came up with a silly name like nintendo did with the wii and added more power....but they didnt realize only nintendo can get away with crap like that.

#64 Posted by CWEBB04z (4590 posts) -

Vita > 3DS

#65 Posted by monson21502 (8070 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@monson21502 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

> Is picky

> Bought an xbone.

just lel

ms is the only 1 i trust. if they mess up they will try and fix it and make it right

#66 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@monson21502 said:

@inb4uall said:

@monson21502 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

> Is picky

> Bought an xbone.

just lel

ms is the only 1 i trust. if they mess up they will try and fix it and make it right

You mean like they fixed the near lack of exclusives and support on the 360 after 2009?

#67 Edited by Liquid_ (2737 posts) -

doesnt matter, i get my satisfaction from mobile games and my 3ds

#68 Posted by madsnakehhh (14486 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Interesting interview, the reporter kind of just tears into Sony and the next gen systems: http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/19/playstation-europe-boss-jim-ryan-interview-i-think-were-pretty-confident-4768401/

GC: Well, I don’t think you’re going to like this question either: are you ever going to make another PS Vita game?

JR: Well, you must not have been paying all that much attention last night because it was stated that over a 100 are in production right now.

GC: 100 in production? Uh huh, so what happened last year then? You must’ve had zero in production then given how many have come out recently. What was the last big Sony first party title for PS Vita?

PR guy: PlayStation Pets

Lol, is just me...or this reads just like a Penny Arcade comic?

#69 Posted by monson21502 (8070 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@monson21502 said:

@inb4uall said:

@monson21502 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

> Is picky

> Bought an xbone.

just lel

You mean like they fixed the near lack of exclusives and support on the 360 after 2009?

so far they did. they always support their new systems pretty good. i just got my xbox one when they had the titanfall bundle and a year of xboxlive for 450. they had dead rising 3, forza 5 and a few others i wanted to play. sony doesnt really support their systems till the install base is bigger so i was smart and went with ms first. i will get a ps4 next year probably unless the wii u has a big price drop or a really good bundle then ill just wait for a ps4 slim in 2 years

#70 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Wasnt the vita suppose to of murdered the 3ds? I remember back j the day when it was.

#71 Edited by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

Vita has about 6 games releasing for it this week http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/22/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-6242014/

yep it sure has no games.....

#72 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:

Vita has about 6 games releasing for it this week http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/22/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-6242014/

yep it sure has no games.....

5 games for weeboos like you and a farming sim. Boy am I glad I bought a Vita /sarcasm.

#73 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4333 posts) -

Even if it weren't for the obvious sales disparity between the Vita and the PS4, I think most Western audiences just plain prefer for Sony's first-party titles to be on PS4. A game like Uncharted or The Order always fit better on home console than on portable. I'd rather see them utilize power beyond the PS3's than attempt to utilize power below the PS3's just for the sake of making a portable game.

While it's tragic for Vita's future, ultimately this simplifies hardware choices for consumers and allows Sony to concentrate full-throttle on PS4 development.

#74 Posted by Kjranu (1029 posts) -

I wonder if we can demand a refund for false advertising.

#75 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7323 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

Do you honestly expect them to make AAA titles exclusively for the Vita? It's better to make them for the PS4 and allow the Vita to play them.

Well, their competition does, so if they want to sell a device at a higher price point, then they should probably consider supporting it with games.

#76 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7323 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@coasterguy65 said:

i think sony had no one to copy except for nintendo. thats why the vita was trash.

with consoles sony had the 360 to completely copy the online and achievements.....with handhelds they had no one but nintendo.

so the came up with a silly name like nintendo did with the wii and added more power....but they didnt realize only nintendo can get away with crap like that.

If Sony were copying Nintendo, some of their best studios would be making games for the Vita.

#77 Posted by coasterguy65 (6016 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@coasterguy65 said:

I do basically agree with you, but honestly, Sony didn't really need to copy Nintendo. The Vita is basically just a PSP2 with a stupid name, over priced memory cards, and very few unique games. If Sony had actually really supported the Vita instead of trying to make it an accessory for the PS3 / PS4, and just porting one game after another from the consoles it might be doing a lot better.

It's not too late for the Vita of course. It's a great system, with great potential. Some unique games, much lower memory prices, and some actual promotional effort on Sony's part would do wonders for the Vita.

#78 Posted by AM-Gamer (4033 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: Each company has two systems to support. The problem is development for the PS4 cost more then either the Wii U or 3DS. And unlike Nintendo, Sony has a successful home console. Why are you going to make triple AAA titles on the Vita when they will probably sell 10x on the PS4. With remote play basically every PS4 game becomes a vita game.

#79 Posted by lostrib (37634 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@PurpleMan5000: Each company has two systems to support. The problem is development for the PS4 cost more then either the Wii U or 3DS. And unlike Nintendo, Sony has a successful home console. Why are you going to make triple AAA titles on the Vita when they will probably sell 10x on the PS4. With remote play basically every PS4 game becomes a vita game.

except for the inability to play it anywhere you want

#80 Posted by AM-Gamer (4033 posts) -

@lostrib: Yes it would be nice if they used PlayStation now for that purpose other then a shitty rental service.

#81 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

Maybe minecraft can save the vita, that games sells well on pretty much everything some how. I'm glad I've got one anyway, now I avoid gaming on my mobile and destroying the battery life on it.