The PC is the superior gaming platform - Definitive Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

but several games have higher scores. So this is not true.

still waiting on your steam library link.

Why?

Que?

why do you care what his library looks like?

Avatar image for ascendedpeasant
AscendedPeasant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#202 AscendedPeasant
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@mikhail said:

Online multiplayer on PC is always free and not locked behind a paywall like it is with PSN and Xbox Live.

This is not the case when it comes to MMO's such as WoW and ESO and their ilk with their subscriptions. I agree with all your other points though I built my first gaming PC in April and couldn't be happier. Haven't touched my PS3 since building it and with my first steam sale under my belt I have plenty of games to play for the time being.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I suppose its the same reason that f2p, rts, mmo, and moba don't count.

They count, they just suck.

Not according to the majority of gamers so your opinion is in the minority.

Which means TLOU is the greatest game in gaming history according to majority of critics

Still waiting on your neck/jaw pic.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mikhail said:

@RoboCopISJesus: Ever notice how when it's PS4 vs Xbox One, the argument is typically about the graphics...900p vs 1080p, 30fps vs 60fps, etc - when PC steps into the ring, all of a sudden the argument changes to "Graphics and frame rate don't matter, it's all about the gameplay!"

And when you do bring up gameplay, then RTS, Sim, Moba, MMO, TBS, anything isometric, puzzle games, and INDY do not count.

Oh and they have to be big budget and have commercials on ESPN. And be Exclusive.

Theres a logical reason for that.

I'm not going to explain it to you....I'm just going to let you continue to look dumb in front of all the ppl that understand it already.

That way...they can go out and feed more ppl better arguments knowing you're trying a little to hard to make PC look perfect.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mikhail said:

@RoboCopISJesus: Ever notice how when it's PS4 vs Xbox One, the argument is typically about the graphics...900p vs 1080p, 30fps vs 60fps, etc - when PC steps into the ring, all of a sudden the argument changes to "Graphics and frame rate don't matter, it's all about the gameplay!"

And when you do bring up gameplay, then RTS, Sim, Moba, MMO, TBS, anything isometric, puzzle games, and INDY do not count.

Oh and they have to be big budget and have commercials on ESPN. And be Exclusive.

Theres a logical reason for that.

I'm not going to explain it to you....I'm just going to let you continue to look dumb in front of all the ppl that understand it already.

That way...they can go out and feed more ppl better arguments knowing you're trying a little to hard to make PC look perfect.

then why even post, if no one is going to have any idea what you are talking about?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Why?

Que?

why do you care what his library looks like?

Nani?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Mr_Huggles_dog

@lostrib: I've notice you just seem to butt into other ppls conversations a whole lot.

Do you need the attention you're trying to get.

If you must know....I just wanted him to know that.....it's not that hard to understand....do you need me to explain it even fucking further?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

I'll post mine first, but then you're forever owned if you don't follow up...deal?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

I'll post mine first, but then you're forever owned if you don't follow up...deal?

thats nice, but still waiting. your library can't be that bad...wait...do you even have a steam account? :-<

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#210 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I'd like to see your steam id and his PSN id because I think you're both alty trolls.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 RoboCopISJesus

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

Have you decided your fate yet?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@Cranler said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@amazonangry said:

You...you only have 1.7 hours of Skyrim!!

Oh dear.

You don't know how steam works, do you?

I have "2.8 hrs" on Dragon Commander - which is quite impressive considering I've beaten the long campaign 3 or 4 times.

And don't argue game quality while you're displaying a "Dragon's Crown" avatar, you look like an idiot.

Every game past I believe 2009 should show the correct amount of game time. Ubisoft gameplay times can actually be hugely inflated by simply leaving uplay running after exiting the game.

If you play a game in offline mode or without an internet connection then your game time isn't recorded.

For what reason would people play in offline mode on their desktop other than internet going down? Laptop users I could understand playing more in offline mode but then laptop users who play modern games are without a doubt spending more than most consolites.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By AmazonAngry

@Bigboi500 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I'd like to see your steam id and his PSN id because I think you're both alty trolls.

i've already shown my library numerous times, but for your viewing pleasure, again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog: you're upset that I'm butting into conversations on a public forum?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Bigboi500 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I don't have to show shit, it has nothing to do with any of the arguments in this thread.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Metacritic and GS disagree. Therefore, you suck.

Warframe is one of the most popular f2p games on steam and it's got a 66 meta. I can't recall a game ever being so popular with such a bad score.

Also many reviewers take into account that it's a free game. Reviews are all about how a game compares to others in it's class. Would it be fair to knock a low budget game or a f2p game for not measuring up to to a full priced title?

Looks like Gamespot factors price into their reviews.

GameSpotNov 8, 2013 90 Considering that Path of Exile costs you nothing beyond some Internet bandwidth, it provides an embarrassment of pleasures.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I don't have to show shit, it has nothing to do with any of the arguments in this thread.

It has everything to do with it. You know you'll be exposed by my argument and your steam library will match the data in the steam ars link.

So either put up, or you're done.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

GameSpotNov 8, 2013 90 Considering that Path of Exile costs you nothing beyond some Internet bandwidth, it provides an embarrassment of pleasures.

I'm strictly talking 8.0+ scoring F2P, RTS, MMO , MOBA, SIM games. Why do they all suck?

You're defending a guy who said those genres suck regardless of score and you ask why we call you a troll, you almost always defend a real troll.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#219 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

AAA (Price) doesn't make a definitive gaming device. As AAA (price) games can score like shit and be crap. See Ryse, Knack, Killzone.

Also, here at SW, AAA = 9.0+ scoring. AA = 8.0+ scoring.

You're reaching.

I never said price made a AAA game. I don't care how SW does it....Amnesia is an indy game...not a AAA game. It always has been and always will be.

I've never heard of AAA games being the games that score high in ratings.....b/c in the end....thats still just someone's opinion....not a fact.

FACT: Amnesia is an indy game.

FACT: Threre are like 1,000,001 indy games on PC....so yeah....theres bound to be qutie a few that score really high.

Those are also niche games. AAA games are games with a big budget, some advertising, ususally high quality.....Watchdogs, Farcry 3/4, TLoU, stuff like that.

Now....high quality might be something missing on PC b/c many ports aren't up to par on PC, but thats just on PC.

1. Most of those AAA games come to pc...and According to digital foundry, most multiplats and ports are better on PC.

2. SW has always used the term AAA for 9.0+ scoring games. For the last 10+ years. "Reaching".

3. PC still has plenty big-budget games as well as indys.

Then why do I hear constant bitching from PC gamers about ports.

Then SW is different than everyone else....and I'll go with the rest of the world.

Those big budget games are mostly niche games.

Bad ports on PC still give you better experience than consoles . They are just not good enough by PC standards because so much more can be achieved with its hardware .

There are plenty of AAA games on PC . Some are niche , others aren't . Being niche is sometimes a good thing , a game targeted for core audience instead of COD audience .

Take Starcraft 2 : Wings of Liberty for example , the game cost 100 million dollars to develop and market (more expensive than any Sony exclusive) . So far it has sold over 8 million copies . Contains stunning campaign along with its multiplayer , famous for E-sports around the world .

Bigger budget doesn't mean better game though because SWTOR cost 200 million dollars (PC exclusive) and it sucked . Witcher 2 on other hand cost 8 million dollars and it looks like a 70-80 million dollar game .

At the end of the day , it is all about marketing . If Titanfall was PC exclusive , people would've called it indie game but since it was on Xbox One as well and M$ was paying alot for its marketing , and bundled Xbox One with it , people called it "System Seller" and "AAA" game .

Then there are games like Company of Heroes , Crysis/Warhead , FEAR , Witcher 1/2 , etc etc etc , these games were released as PC exclusive and all of them were benchmark games back then . Not to mention upcoming games like Unreal Tournament , Star Citizen , Elite Dangerous , Serious Sam 4 , The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 etc etc etc , all AAA stuff .

I think gameplay is what matters and I consider games like Divinity OS as AAA . Since the very first moment , the game blew my mind with amount of content and graphics are also pretty good . Of course it didn't have TV ads and stuff but the game offers more than your average AAA game . BTW here on gamespot "AAA" means 9.0+ score .

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#220  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I'm strictly talking 8.0+ scoring F2P, RTS, MMO , MOBA, SIM games. Why do they all suck?

You're defending a guy who said those genres suck regardless of score and you ask why we call you a troll, you almost always defend a real troll.

when confronted, sony fanboys act like kids caught stealing out of the cookie jar

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Cloud_imperium

@blackace said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

Cant play The Last of Us.

This thread is about games not movies. Please delete this post.

Can't play Super Mario Galaxy, Infamous SS, Forza 5, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Zelda, Splatoon, Super Mario Kart 8, Drive Club, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, etc, etc...etc... Please stop being delusion and think before you post.

You'll need to spend like over 1000$ to play those games , since you just named games from 3 platforms , and even you may not be able to play some of them . Still those games aren't enough compared to PC library but I respect your opinion .

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog: you're upset that I'm butting into conversations on a public forum?

Ok....it didn't take long for me to figure out you're the forum attention seeker. Go start drama at a high school. BE GONE LITTLE WING!!!

Cloud...I'll read your reply later...I'm in the middle of something.

Edit: I just want to add, that I fine it funny that PC gamers are always like "PC gaming is better than ANY console... It's better than PS4 X1 and WiiU....better GFX than any.....better controls than any...PC gaming rulez!!!"

Then you list off different exclusives on different consoles and it's no longer PC vs consoleS.....it's "NO NO NO...THATS NOT FAIR....YOU CAN ONLY PICK ONE CONSOLE1!!!!111!!"

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By AmazonAngry

@Cloud_imperium said:

@blackace said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

Can't play Super Mario Galaxy, Infamous SS, Forza 5, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Zelda, Splatoon, Super Mario Kart 8, Drive Club, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, etc, etc...etc... Please stop being delusion and think before you post.

You'll need to spend like over 1000$ to play those games , since you just named games from 3 platforms , and even you may not be able to play some of them . Still those games aren't enough compared to PC library but I respect your opinion .

So $1000 is a lot for you then?

As far a compared to pc.....yeah.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#224 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

i've already shown my library numerous times, but for your viewing pleasure, again.

I said PSN ID, not library for you. I'm trying to figure out if you're Sweenix or Finalstar.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Mr_Huggles_dog

Excellent point....a decent PC would need to be around $1000....none of that bare minimum crap that was towards the end of last gen.

So you can easily spend that and get all 3 major consoles....and get all the glorified exclusives.

Another spot on reason why we refer to all console exclusives as one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

Ok....it didn't take long for me to figure out you're the forum attention seeker. Go start drama at a high school. BE GONE LITTLE WING!!!

...because I commented on a post in a discussion forum?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Excellent point....a decent PC would need to be around $1000....none of that bare minimum crap that was towards the end of last gen.

So you can easily spend that and get all 3 major consoles....and get all the glorified exclusives.

Another spot on reason why we refer to all console exclusives as one.

Depends what you mean by decent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#228  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@amazonangry said:

I said PSN ID, not library for you. I'm trying to figure out if you're Sweenix or Finalstar.

He is xboxdone74 or something.

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

The sheer anger in this thread over basic facts is pretty funny.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By AmazonAngry

@Gamerno6666 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@amazonangry said:

He is xboxdone74 or something.

You guys are so paranoid everyone is an alt. Look up xboxdone74. I did. no psnid.

And sorry, i have no intention of dropping my psn and being flooded with raging herm mail there..also across the numerous forums I belong to. I've shown my library.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

Oh dear.

You don't know how steam works, do you?

I have "2.8 hrs" on Dragon Commander - which is quite impressive considering I've beaten the long campaign 3 or 4 times.

And don't argue game quality while you're displaying a "Dragon's Crown" avatar, you look like an idiot.

Every game past I believe 2009 should show the correct amount of game time. Ubisoft gameplay times can actually be hugely inflated by simply leaving uplay running after exiting the game.

Or the opposite, steam says I've only played 96 minutes of FC3 Blood Dragon, but I've definitely beat the game.

Pics or it didn't happen. All my games are right on or over what I played. Far Cry 3 shows 89 hours even though I only played about 30 hours and that's because I left uplay on.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I would say a f2p 8+ doesn't measure up to a paid 8+ game. You think if Dota 2 was a full price game it wouldn't have been knocked down a lot of points when games like Starcraft 2 have full sp campaigns and better graphics?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Cloud_imperium

@amazonangry said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@blackace said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

So $1000 is a lot for you then?

As far a compared to pc.....yeah.

Yeah , mostly multiplatforms . As for exclusives ; still not as many as PC . Those 60$ box products alone make console gaming more expensive in the long run than PC .

And usually it's people like you who claim that PC costs over 1000$ to develop and it is too expensive for them .

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#235  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Which means TLOU is the greatest game in gaming history according to majority of critics granting it more awards than any other game.

Oh, you wanna play the critic game? Okay fine, Out of the Park Baseball 2007 (PC exclusive) is better than TLoU according to its MC score.

Also, both TLoU and TLoU:R flopped on here.

TLoU has a 9.1 user score on MC as well so yeah that argument is full of fail.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#238 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@walloftruth said:

Oh, you wanna play the critic game? Okay fine, Out of the Park Baseball 2007 (PC exclusive) is better than TLoU according to its MC score.

Meta game bro.

If I remember the Gamespot Meta Game for flops were based on Gamespot scores. Therefore TLoU flopped. Deal with it like Sheeps Deal with Zelda flops.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By AmazonAngry

@walloftruth: And how many of those games have you played and for how long? The picture doesn't show that, whats your PSN id?"

That's not the arguement. Typical herm strategy trying to change subject matter.

Still waiting on your steam library link, which I asked for over an hour ago.

Lol at you guys scurrying trying to uncover alts.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 AmazonAngry

@walloftruth: And how many of those games have you played and for how long? "

And besides, psn doesn't show amount of time played at any rate.

Still waiting on your steam link.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 RoboCopISJesus

@Shielder7 said:

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Which means TLOU is the greatest game in gaming history according to majority of critics granting it more awards than any other game.

9.6 > 9.5

Learn to math.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/out-of-the-park-baseball-2007

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By AmazonAngry

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:

Which means TLOU is the greatest game in gaming history according to majority of critics

still waiting on your psn id link.

Yep. Your Steam account, if you even have one, is the spitting image of what I said it'd be. Just like Clyde's, and the Steam data collection. Half your library not touched( especially halmark pc titles), and the other half almost devoid of any power hungry, graphically taxing games, which are also the ones you put most of your gaming time into.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Cranler
@Cloud_imperium said:

@blackace said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

You could be a total cheapskate and simply buy a console to play a game and then return it. I could buy a PS 4 and Last of Us next time I go grocery shopping at walmart return it 2 weeks later for full refund. Trade in Last of Us or sell on ebay. After 10 times you would have only spent about 30 minutes in line at the returns desk.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

9.6 > 9.5

Learn to math.

LOL! 5 reviews for the baseball game while TLoU has 98 reviews. One of Out of the Park Baseballs reviewers is Gamespy who lost all credibility after their Gothic 2 review.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#249 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

9.6 > 9.5

Learn to math.

Learn to Read

"user score" 9.1> 2.7

The point was that the critic score was and user score were both high. Average them out I wouldn't be surprised if TLOU would be number 1.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 AmazonAngry

@walloftruth: You still haven't proven that you have played any of the games you've shown."

You've been exposed. There's really nothing more to discuss. If you'd like to prove you're actually a PC gamer, and not a bandwagon rider, just post your steam library link. Don't get why you're hesitating. You talk about all the games PC has that destroy consoles. Let's see 'em...so called PC gamer.