The PC is the superior gaming platform - Definitive Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1201 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I thought League of Legends was the most popular. It seems to be one of those games that everybody knows and all the young kids to college kids play.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1202 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Heirren said:

I thought League of Legends was the most popular. It seems to be one of those games that everybody knows and all the young kids to college kids play.

It's one of the most popular in the West, but Asia is a completely different story. Their gaming habits aren't anything like what we're used to over here - in China, consoles are rare and most PC games are played in internet cafes. Most Chinese gamers don't even own copies of the games they play, they just buy game time. The only reason Crossfire was even brought up is that Cranler did a Google search for "most popular pc game" and then went off on that tangent like it was proving some kind of point.

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1203  Edited By natsm
Member since 2014 • 63 Posts

@mikhail said:

It's one of the most popular in the West, but Asia is a completely different story. Their gaming habits aren't anything like what we're used to over here - in China, consoles are rare and most PC games are played in internet cafes. Most Chinese gamers don't even own copies of the games they play, they just buy game time. The only reason Crossfire was even brought up is that Cranler did a Google search for "most popular pc game" and then went off on that tangent like it was proving some kind of point.

Yeah,i live in Indonesia and most gamers here don't even know what the hell does GPU mean(lol),they also ONLY like online games(which explains why Crossfire made it here) and there are few gamers that are like me(AKA "real gamer"),gamers in Indonesia also don't know english which is why they only play games that have Indonesia as a language. Sooooo,you're right.

P.S How did you know about Asia being different?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1204 mikhail

@natsm said:

@mikhail said:

Yeah,i live in Indonesia and most gamers here don't even know what the hell does GPU mean(lol),they also ONLY like online games(which explains why Crossfire made it here) and there are few gamers that are like me(AKA "real gamer"),gamers in Indonesia also don't know english which is why they only play games that have Indonesia as a language. Sooooo,you're right.

P.S How did you know about Asia being different?

While I have traveled to China, Southeast Asia, and in fact all over the world, my knowledge of this particular aspect of gaming just comes from paying attention to other cultures besides my own. I realize that America isn't the center of the world, as much as some of us would like it to be.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1205 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Yeah, pc gaming provides everything nowdays, many console gamesr have joined pc...ofcourse its not exlusive you can play on whatever platform you want, but pc has so many advantages that its worth bothering with.

Yet there are still some children that have some kind of affection to consoles or fear of trying something new that will do everything to bash pc and disscredit it to feel more secure about their choice playing games only on consoles....and then there are dudebros of the "pc is not for games, pc is for browsing and pron"

Anyway if you are 20 or older and you still use consoles as your primary gaming platform and post in these forums and argue about hardware... just grow up already and get a pc. No "nerd" should be arguing about specs and graphics and prices and not play on a pc.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1206  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Heirren said:

No, Robo broguht up pc having more revenue and I gave examples of why.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1207 mikhail

@dakan45 said:

Yeah, pc gaming provides everything nowdays, many console gamesr have joined pc...ofcourse its not exlusive you can play on whatever platform you want, but pc has so many advantages that its worth bothering with.

Yet there are still some children that have some kind of affection to consoles or fear of trying something new that will do everything to bash pc and disscredit it to feel more secure about their choice playing games only on consoles....and then there are dudebros of the "pc is not for games, pc is for browsing and pron"

Anyway if you are 20 or older and you still use consoles as your primary gaming platform and post in these forums and argue about hardware... just grow up already and get a pc. No "nerd" should be arguing about specs and graphics and prices and not play on a pc.

It's only going to swing more and more in favor of PC as this console generation moves ahead. In a few years there are going to be bargain basement laptops that are cheaper and more powerful than the current consoles...and these things are supposed to be around for 8 years? No amount of optimization will ever make up for hardware that underpowered.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1208  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@Cranler said:

@mikhail said:

@Heirren said:

Thanks for that btw. Usually people who debate me try to refute my points, rather than bolster them with even more evidence :)

I'm amazed I used to think PC only beat each console alone. But recent research I actually discovered it beats all 3 at once in hardware sales, software sales, gfx/performance, e-sports or regular competitive gaming, best version of multiplats, and high rated games! Maybe one day a super console will be released that on its own can beat PC in these fields :)

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1209 mikhail

@RoboCopISJesus: Yeah but...uh...The Last of Us Remastered! Yeah!

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1210  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@mikhail said:

@dakan45 said:

It's only going to swing more and more in favor of PC as this console generation moves ahead. In a few years there are going to be bargain basement laptops that are cheaper and more powerful than the current consoles...and these things are supposed to be around for 8 years? No amount of optimization will ever make up for hardware that underpowered.

Heck last gen consoles were outclassed one year after they started, this gen was outclassed two years before they were even released. I do believe that is gen will at best last 5 years before a new console.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1211 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@mikhail said:

@Heirren said:

Thanks for that btw. Usually people who debate me try to refute my points, rather than bolster them with even more evidence :)

I'm amazed I used to think PC only beat each console alone. But recent research I actually discovered it beats all 3 at once in hardware sales, software sales, gfx/performance, e-sports or regular competitive gaming, best version of multiplats, and high rated games! Maybe one day a super console will be released that on its own can beat PC in these fields :)

I pointed out why pc's higher revenue isn't much to brag about. Did you know that the PS 4 is over $1,300 in some countries? Did you know that consoles were banned in the worlds biggest country for the last 14 years?

Winning an unfair fight isn't anything to brag about.

I already explained why you can't compare just 1 console to pc. You know I'm right but your bias against consoles and hatred for me makes you disagreeable.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1212  Edited By mikhail

@Cranler said:

I already explained why you can't compare just 1 console to pc. You know I'm right but your bias against consoles and hatred for me makes you disagreeable.

Name three people on System Wars who agree with you that all consoles should be combined into one platform, and I want to see a link to the thread where they said it. You've said this so many times in so many different topics, there should be at least a few people....right?

I'll wait. If you're as right as you claim to be, then this should be easy for you.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1213 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

You explained it, but it wasn't valid and it changed nothing here at SW.

Or well, any other site.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1214 mikhail

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

Or well, any other site.

HEY! I explained how I was right when I told you that my PC is powered by magical fairy dust, you know I'm right because I told you numerous times I'm right! PROVE ME WRONG.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1215 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

Or well, any other site.

It is valid, that's why sites compare pc revenue vs console revenue. Those sites understand the very different environment of the console market and that the closest you can get to an apples to apples comparison is pitting all consoles vs pc.

If someone wants to game on console they have multiple choices, if someone wants to game on pc they have no choice.

Are you saying that if MS and Nintendo dropped out that the console market revenue would drop by 66%? Only if you think this would you think it's ok to compare one console vs pc.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1216 dakan45
Loading Video...

@mikhail: @04dcarraher:

As the video said in the past the architecture was weird so things got better overtime. Now not only both consoles are weak but the architecture is similar to pc. So things will get better on pc the whole "console optimization" will go away. With dx12 and the constantly advancing hardware games will run better.

As for bad ports, they existed on consoles too. fear on consoles doesnt look as good as the pc version. Far cry classic doesnt look as good as on pc and thee are entire sections missing and hl2 on xbox looks like crap. Not to mention risen.

I wonder now that uibcrap has no excuse on Unity, is it finally gonna run well? But ofcourse they gonna keep giving the pc versions to that crappy ubi kiev studio.

Crysis from 2007 still beats anything on console crysis 2 from 2011 is toned down in graphics, metro 2033 and bf3 run on low settings on consoles. Thats how consoles gonna be in 2-3 years.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1217  Edited By dakan45

@Cranler: Most of the console revenue comes from cod and gta... it isnt much to brag about now is it?

Also in many european countries consoles and their games are more expensive than pc gaming. Not to mention countries outside europe like brazil or middle east or asia.

Imagine how expensive consoles will be in china when they come out.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1218 Cranler

@mikhail said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

Or well, any other site.

HEY! I explained how I was right when I told you that my PC is powered by magical fairy dust, you know I'm right because I told you numerous times I'm right! PROVE ME WRONG.

PC gaming has no brand competiton. Console has brand competiton and consolites are fragmented as a result. Defragmentation is required for a proper comparison. Debunk this.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1219 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

People like what people like, hate this conversation. Why don't we talk about how Angry Birds while were at it.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1220 mikhail

@Hizang said:

People like what people like, hate this conversation. Why don't we talk about how Angry Birds while were at it.

It's fucking SYSTEM WARS. Hello? Hizang? Are you in there? Knock knock!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1221 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts
@mikhail said:

@Hizang said:

Of course I'm there, this is such an old conversation that will sway nobody s mind. Consle fanboys will always be console fanboys and PC fanboys will always be PC fanboys. This kind of thread just seems super dumb and has probbaly been made in this forum hundreds of times.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1222 mikhail

@Hizang said:
@mikhail said:

@Hizang said:

Of course I'm there, this is such an old conversation that will sway nobody s mind. Consle fanboys will always be console fanboys and PC fanboys will always be PC fanboys. This kind of thread just seems super dumb and has probbaly been made in this forum hundreds of times.

25 pages later, there are clearly still plenty of people who have fun discussing it. I'm sure you'll get over it.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1223 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:Debunk this.

Not only am I not going to debunk it, but me and the rest of SW (and well, everyone else) are going to keep calling PC just 1 system like how PS4 is 1 system.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1224 Cranler

@dakan45 said:

@Cranler: Most of the console revenue comes from cod and gta... it isnt much to brag about now is it?

Also in many european countries consoles and their games are more expensive than pc gaming. Not to mention countries outside europe like brazil or middle east or asia.

Imagine how expensive consoles will be in china when they come out.

Can't agree with that comparison. Comparing your subjective taste in games to consoles being banned in the most populated country in the world? Not sure if serious.

Its like winning a game because the opposing team was short a player.

I'm well aware of console pricing in other countries. If consoles were too expensive in China then they would have never been banned.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1225 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Not only am I not going to debunk it, but me and the rest of SW (and well, everyone else) are going to keep calling PC just 1 system like how PS4 is 1 system.

Because you can't debunk logic. PC is not a system, it's a system type.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1226 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You can keep saying this, but it won't change SW. PC > PS4

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1227 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Where does it state that pc is a system and not a system type. If pc is a system then what is a Dell Inspiron?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1228 dakan45

@Cranler: Whats wrong with cod and gta? Whats wrong with f2p and mmo? What makes the most money doesnt necessary mean its the best.

As for china? In how many countries is ps4 out? Now xbone? EXACTLY, so in other words by releasing it to as many countries xbone will outsell ps4. That is your logic on China. So no it wont happen because those countries are poor. Pc gaming didnt skyrocket in the last 10 years it happen in the last 4 years. Back then everyone wrote off pc as dead. So you never know what will happen in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1229 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Where does it state that pc is a system and not a system type. If pc is a system then what is a Dell Inspiron?

where does it state that pc is a system type not a system?

Its you against the world cranler... and a hint, you won't win.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#1230 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@dakan45 said:

Consoles are for kids? Why so?

Personally i was a PC gamer when i was younger. I built my own rigs and i was a beast online. Now im 27 and i only play on consoles. I got bored of PC gaming, it was too nerdy and lack of big exclusives. I rather just sit back and play big games like Uncharted 4 instead of talking how good Star Citizen looks and hope to play that flop when im 30 years old lol and having to buy a $1000 980ti to run it good xD. I'm still beast at games, i just dont bother being a nerd anymore xD

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1231  Edited By dakan45

@KillzoneSnake said:

@dakan45 said:

Personally i was a PC gamer when i was younger. I built my own rigs and i was a beast online. Now im 27 and i only play on consoles. I got bored of PC gaming, it was too nerdy and lack of big exclusives. I rather just sit back and play big games like Uncharted 4 instead of talking how good Star Citizen looks and hope to play that flop when im 30 years old lol and having to buy a $1000 980ti to run it good xD. I'm still beast at games, i just dont bother being a nerd anymore xD

Consoles were for kids. They were marketed as toys.Well not anymore. Their audience is dudebro adults who get a hard on about hollywood cinematic experiances. But ill say it again if you are over 20 and talk about hardware and defend corperations on your "console wars" and "prices" Might as well go to pc.

Pc does everything better.

Dont give me brainded nonsene of the kind "pc gaming si too complicated" or "its for nerds" or "doesnt have the exlusives" or "its too expensive"

Because it does have the exlusives you are a "nerd" since you post on here and argue about hardware and games (but apparently pc is where you draw the line on nerdism) and being utterly clueless on what you are talking about makes you look like a dudebro.

"I rather just sit back and play big games"

just like the dudebro audience who dont know what real games are.

"hope to play that flop"

So star citizen the biggest crowfunded game that gathered 53.000.000$ from donations is now a "flop" id say its the most wanted game ever.

"having to buy a $1000 980ti to run it good xD.

No such 980 ti exists and in case you didnt notice the 149$ 750 ti runs every game better than ps4. Pc hardware is superior and the api is getting more flexible.

In dudebro terms YOU DONT NEED 3000$ PCS TO PLAY GAMES WELL.

But i see where this is going

"I'm still beast at games, i just dont bother being a nerd anymore xD"

So am i suposse to believe that you are 27 year old and talk with nonsense of the "i am still beast at games" while playing scripted cinematic easy as h3ll nonsense and say "XD"

REALLY?

"being a nerd"

Really? a nerd? Gamers used to be called "nerds" then the cod dudebro audience came and apparently it became acceptable as well as this site became acceptable.

But hey pc gaming is where you draw the line, thas where you are classified as a "nerd" despite the fact you are 27 years old and you STILL play on consoles while having the intelligence and techinical knowledge to play on pc.

"I built my own rigs and i was a beast online."

Yeah sorry am not buying it, you are not "building" any rigs and if you play online on pc you will be destroyed because controllers are based around aiming assists and slow paced gamepaly. Infact the truth is that you are a dudebro console gamer and always have been and are afraid of pc gaming because you are insecure in case you got called a "nerd"

You are 27 year old but you behave like a child, thus why i said "children" who refuse to play games on pc and only play on consoles on my post.

Is that you by the way?

Same star thingy!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1232 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@dakan45 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

@dakan45 said:

Consoles were for kids. They were marketed as toys.Well not anymore. Their audience is dudebro adults who get a hard on about hollywood cinematic experiances. But ill say it again if you are over 20 and talk about hardware and defend corperations on your "console wars" and "prices" Might as well go to pc.

Pc does everything better.

Dont give me brainded nonsene of the kind "pc gaming si too complicated" or "its for nerds" or "doesnt have the exlusives" or "its too expensive"

Because it does have the exlusives you are a "nerd" since you post on here and argue about hardware and games (but apparently pc is where you draw the line on nerdism) and being utterly clueless on what you are talking about makes you look like a dudebro.

"I rather just sit back and play big games"

just like the dudebro audience who dont know what real games are.

"hope to play that flop"

So star citizen the biggest crowfunded game that gathered 53.000.000$ from donations is now a "flop" id say its the most wanted game ever.

"having to buy a $1000 980ti to run it good xD.

No such 980 ti exists and in case you didnt notice the 149$ 750 ti runs every game better than ps4. Pc hardware is superior and the api is getting more flexible.

In dudebro terms YOU DONT NEED 3000$ PCS TO PLAY GAMES WELL.

But i see where this is going

"I'm still beast at games, i just dont bother being a nerd anymore xD"

So am i suposse to believe that you are 27 year old and talk with nonsense of the "i am still beast at games" while playing scripted cinematic easy as h3ll nonsense and say "XD"

REALLY?

"being a nerd"

Really? a nerd? Gamers used to be called "nerds" then the cod dudebro audience came and apparently it became acceptable as well as this site became acceptable.

But hey pc gaming is where you draw the line, thas where you are classified as a "nerd" despite the fact you are 27 years old and you STILL play on consoles while having the intelligence and techinical knowledge to play on pc.

"I built my own rigs and i was a beast online."

Yeah sorry am not buying it, you are not "building" any rigs and if you play online on pc you will be destroyed because controllers are based around aiming assists and slow paced gamepaly. Infact the truth is that you are a dudebro console gamer and always have been and are afraid of pc gaming because you are insecure in case you got called a "nerd"

You are 27 year old but you behave like a child, thus why i said "children" who refuse to play games on pc and only play on consoles on my post.

Is that you by the way?

Same star thingy!!

M-M-M-Monster Kill!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#1233 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

I kind of feel the same way. I used to be a primarily console gamer, but then last gen shifted to becoming a primarily PC gamer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1234 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Exactly. It is a platform. By using the logic that PC has "system sales" one could rightly use their own pc in any debate.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1235  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

During the creation of this thread up until now, there have been like 3-4 games confirmed far superior on PC lol. So while the trolls argue, we get the actual real life results. God I love this gen.

@KillzoneSnake said:I'm still beast at games, i just dont bother being a nerd anymore xD

Beast at games, so you play small corridor QTE movie-games. Sounds legit. Oh and lol "nerd", what is this the 90's?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1236 Cranler

@dakan45 said:

@Cranler: Whats wrong with cod and gta? Whats wrong with f2p and mmo? What makes the most money doesnt necessary mean its the best.

As for china? In how many countries is ps4 out? Now xbone? EXACTLY, so in other words by releasing it to as many countries xbone will outsell ps4. That is your logic on China. So no it wont happen because those countries are poor. Pc gaming didnt skyrocket in the last 10 years it happen in the last 4 years. Back then everyone wrote off pc as dead. So you never know what will happen in the future.

GTA is one of the highest rated franchises. CoD is always a solid game with tons of content, only reason it's reviews go down is because of franchise fatigue.

You seem to be putting a lot of words in my mouth here. Don't tell me what my logic is. Why were consoles banned in China if no one could afford them to begin with?

Chinas video game revenue was skyrocketing before 2010 http://www.statista.com/statistics/240265/revenue-from-online-games-in-china/

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1237 Cranler

@Heirren said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Exactly. It is a platform. By using the logic that PC has "system sales" one could rightly use their own pc in any debate.

They're just trolling at this point.

Logic: pc's and consoles/suv's and sedans

Robobirdy: pc's and xbox 360/suv's and ford fusions

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1238 RoboCopISJesus

Can anyone name 1 other system that is superior to PC?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1239 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Looks like dollar for dollar the PS 4 is superior.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPowerPC-Black-Gamer-Xtreme-GXi1600W-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Pentium-G3240-Dual-Core-Processor-4GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8.1-Monito/37146824

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Playstation-4-Console-PS4/28802344

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1240  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Heirren said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

You with this dumbass logic again this is all you constantly piss and moan about.

You are wrong get over yourself.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1241 Cranler

@naz99 said:

@Cranler said:

@Heirren said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You with this dumbass logic again this is all you constantly piss and moan about.

You are wrong get over yourself.

So instead of explaining why I'm wrong you just call me names. Why not show me how I'm wrong? I want to see the light!

Explain to me why you think Sony consolites wouldn't switch to MS if Sony dropped out of the console business.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1242 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

this is exactly why i dislike PC gamers. they think that the're better than any console that has been released. but then when they get their hands on a Xbox one, the're like "ooooooooooooooooo forget the PC". sure they have a advantage because there is no such thing as when PC will be discontinued. but doesn't mean that you get to bash every console out there . consoles are evolving while your stuck with your non discontinuing computer you'll be missing out on having a game console and a DVR in one or pressing a share button to let everyone know what you did in a game. thats why i never did and will get into PC gaming. i don't want the "i'm pc, i better than everyone, consoles are stoopid duhhhh" logic, i mean get over yourself. PC is lame, its a well known fact, get over it, its getting old.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1243 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

"If pc is a system then what is a Dell Inspiron?"

dell's a manufacturer/vendor of many things including fully realised PC system configurations. Inspiron is one model name of a Dell PC system configuration product range. Dell Inspiron would typically have a model number, and that model number describes the specific system configuration of the dell inspiron.

so a dell inspiron xxx would be one specific configuration of the system "PC".

don't know if this helps or not or what the argument is. but i saw this question unanswered so i thought i'd take a stab at answering it context-agnostically, if that makes sense.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1244 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Looks like dollar for dollar the PS 4 is superior.

1 Generation of PSN on top of PS4's cost. Let's use $800 self-made PC. Lets not include the insane game sales on PC either for your sake.

So that kind of PC is far superior to PS4 as you get at the moment:

• Far More aaa and aa titles. Exponentially more exclusives.
  • More competitive games and scene.
  • Better version of multiplats (aka most games).
  • Mods and full backwards compatibility.
  • More control devices.

Not 1 system can come close.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1245  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@watchdogsrules said:

this is exactly why i dislike PC gamers. they think that the're better than any console that has been released. but then when they get their hands on a Xbox one, the're like "ooooooooooooooooo forget the PC". sure they have a advantage because there is no such thing as when PC will be discontinued. but doesn't mean that you get to bash every console out there . consoles are evolving while your stuck with your non discontinuing computer you'll be missing out on having a game console and a DVR in one or pressing a share button to let everyone know what you did in a game. thats why i never did and will get into PC gaming. i don't want the "i'm pc, i better than everyone, consoles are stoopid duhhhh" logic, i mean get over yourself. PC is lame, its a well known fact, get over it, its getting old.

1. You understand this forum is called System Wars and that all console fans do this same kind of thread, but with more insults and trolly shit thrown in right?

2. If PC is so lame why does it have so much better version of nearly all games, much more high scoring games than any console, and the stranghehold on e-sports, competitive gaming, and sales than xboxone or ps4?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1246 Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:

dell's a manufacturer/vendor of many things including fully realised PC system configurations. Inspiron is one model name of a Dell PC system configuration product range. Dell Inspiron would typically have a model number, and that model number describes the specific system configuration of the dell inspiron.

don't know if this helps or not or what the argument is. but i saw this question unanswered so i thought i'd take a stab at answering it context-agnostically, if that makes sense.

Wheres the link?

So if pc is a system and xbox 360 is a system then where does the term console fit into all this?

The 10 Best Desktops

• BY LAARNI ALMENDRALA RAGAZA , BRIAN WESTOVER
  • JULY 2, 2014
  • 4 COMMENTS

The desktop PC isn't dead! From sleek all-in-ones to monster gaming rigs, there's a top-rated system here for every budget.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372609,00.asp

Inspiron 530 systems sold with Pentium Dual-Core or Core 2 Duo processors can not be upgraded to Core 2

On a number of Inspiron 5150 and Latitude 100L systems, a design flaw in the positioning of a tab on the C panel on the underside of the laptop has led to problems

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Inspiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1247  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@RoboCopISJesus said:

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1248  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

Oh shit a Dell beats out PS4 in games count, multiplats, online gaming, etc.!

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1249 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Wheres the link?

So if pc is a system and xbox 360 is a system then where does the term console fit into all this?

The 10 Best Desktops

• JULY 2, 2014
  • 4 COMMENTS

The desktop PC isn't dead! From sleek all-in-ones to monster gaming rigs, there's a top-rated system here for every budget.

Inspiron 530 systems sold with Pentium Dual-Core or Core 2 Duo processors can not be upgraded to Core 2

On a number of Inspiron 5150 and Latitude 100L systems, a design flaw in the positioning of a tab on the C panel on the underside of the laptop has led to problems

for which part in particular do you require a link? what is the relevance of Ragaza and Westover's writing?

"console" describes specific types of systems whose functionality has been restricted in some areas in order to enhance others, typically to provide an excellent service in one specific task eg: gaming, radiology.

xbox 360 is clearly an arrangement of components which sum together to provide a working experience - system. that system is a console. it is also a console platform.

PC is a system. Dell Inspiron 530 is one System Configuration of "PC" (By "PC" I mean it can definitely run X86 Windows, or Linux - or maybe if the parts are compatible, MacOS).

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1250 Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Wheres the link?

The 10 Best Desktops

• JULY 2, 2014
  • 4 COMMENTS

for which part in particular do you require a link? what is the relevance of Ragaza and Westover's writing?

"console" describes specific types of systems whose functionality has been restricted in some areas in order to enhance others, typically to provide an excellent service in one specific task eg: gaming, radiology.

xbox 360 is clearly an arrangement of components which sum together to provide a working experience - system. that system is a console. it is also a console platform.

PC is a system. Dell Inspiron 530 is one System Configuration of "PC" (By "PC" I mean it can definitely run X86 Windows, or Linux - or maybe if the parts are compatible, MacOS).

What is the relevance of what you wrote? You have two employees of PC Mag and whoever above them that approves the articles saying that models are systems.

I say wiki and pc mags word holds a little more weight than a system warrior.

"Pc" describes a type of system as well

Console-PS 3-PS 3 slim

PC-Dell Inspiron-Inspiron 8600