The PC is the superior gaming platform - Definitive Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@naz99 said:

@amazonangry: your argument falls apart when it does not take into account being offline and any games bought or played before 2009 which for me is hundreds...as usual you only mention what works in your favour and leave out anything that does not

still waiting. any herms gonna step up?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

What does posting someone's personal steam library remotely have anything to do with Steam having better scoring games than The Last of Us?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

The definitive gaming console would be one wherein all the AAA games reside. This is not the case. Therefore it cannot be definitive. /thread

But it has the most AAA games, so for now its the best.

I don't think you understand what AAA is.

Niche games just b/c you like them...aren't always AAA games.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

What does posting someone's personal steam library remotely have anything to do with Steam having better scoring games than The Last of Us?

You arent paying attention

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

The definitive gaming console would be one wherein all the AAA games reside. This is not the case. Therefore it cannot be definitive. /thread

I'm using AAA as score. PC has the most amount of high scoring games. So its objectively the best.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm using AAA as score. PC has the most amount of high scoring games. So its objectively the best.

why do you refuse to post your steam library?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Amnesia score high (I'm guessing) and it's not a AAA game.

See....I didn't think you knew what AAA meant.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Just a few more days, and you'll get jankarcop's input for this thread, TC.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@amazonangry: wow typical.you don't win arguments by ignoring what anyone else has to say especially ones based on actual fact.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

AAA (big budget) doesn't make a definitive gaming device. As AAA (big budget) games can score like shit and/or be crap. See Ryse, CoD, Knack, Killzone.

Also, here at SW, AAA = 9.0+ scoring. AA = 8.0+ scoring.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Why a few days?

Everyone knows PC is the best gaming device factually speaking.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Jankarcop said:

Why a few days?

Ah, I get it then. No suspension.

You showed up just in time.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

AAA (Price) doesn't make a definitive gaming device. As AAA (price) games can score like shit and be crap. See Ryse, Knack, Killzone.

You're reaching.

I never said price made a AAA game. I don't care how SW does it....Amnesia is an indy game...not a AAA game. It always has been and always will be.

I've never heard of AAA games being the games that score high in ratings.....b/c in the end....thats still just someone's opinion....not a fact.

FACT: Amnesia is an indy game.

FACT: Threre are like 1,000,001 indy games on PC....so yeah....theres bound to be qutie a few that score really high.

Those are also niche games. AAA games are games with a big budget, some advertising, ususally high quality.....Watchdogs, Farcry 3/4, TLoU, stuff like that.

Now....high quality might be something missing on PC b/c many ports aren't up to par on PC, but thats just on PC.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

AAA (Price) doesn't make a definitive gaming device. As AAA (price) games can score like shit and be crap. See Ryse, Knack, Killzone.

You're reaching.

I never said price made a AAA game. I don't care how SW does it....Amnesia is an indy game...not a AAA game. It always has been and always will be.

I've never heard of AAA games being the games that score high in ratings.....b/c in the end....thats still just someone's opinion....not a fact.

FACT: Threre are like 1,000,001 indy games on PC....so yeah....theres bound to be qutie a few that score really high.

Those are also niche games. AAA games are games with a big budget, some advertising, ususally high quality.....Watchdogs, Farcry 3/4, TLoU, stuff like that.

Now....high quality might be something missing on PC b/c many ports aren't up to par on PC, but thats just on PC.

1. Most of those AAA games come to pc...and According to digital foundry, most multiplats and ports are better on PC.

2. SW has always used the term AAA for 9.0+ scoring games. For the last 10+ years. "Reaching".

3. PC still has plenty big-budget games as well as indys.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@freedomfreak said:

Why a few days?

Then why don't you game on PC?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Jankarcop

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

@freedomfreak said:

Why a few days?

Then why don't you game on PC?

One does not need to own a Ferrari to see it is superior to a Civic my friend.

zeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 zeta
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

@mikhail said:

The last topic was unfortunately locked due to a bunch of off-topic circular arguments happening, so the mods invited me to recreate the topic if I wished...and I wished. This time I'll give some insight into what led me to choose the PC as my sole gaming platform besides the 3DS, skipping the Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U entirely. I couldn't be happier that I did.

I grew up traditionally being a console gamer, starting first with the NES and then SNES, having almost all the major consoles up until the PS3 & Xbox 360 generation. I did have a gaming PC during the last gen, but it was never my main platform - I was more of a PS3 gamer. Then, I got involved in game development and digital art/vfx. I was going to be spending a lot of time on a PC and figured that if I was going to build one for myself, that I might as well be using it to play awesome games as well. I built my own PC, and my consoles started getting less and less use until eventually I wasn't using them at all.

There are a ton of reasons why I think the PC is the best gaming platform in existence today, but I'll try to stick with the biggest ones.

• I can use any controller or multiple controllers at once, including mouse & keyboard, Xbox One controllers, DualShock 4's, or all of them at once. There is a lot more choice with PC, I'm not locked in to the few overpriced peripherals that the platform holders choose for me.
  • Many games, even PC exclusives, are designed with native Xbox controller support. You can still play games from your couch displayed on your big TV in the living room if you want to - the PC is no longer relegated to the office like it was 10 years ago.
  • The PC is capable of displaying higher fidelity visuals and effects at much higher resolutions and framerates than any console. PC games always look better and run better than their console counterparts. PC games can be played at 1440p and up to 144hz while even current generation console games still struggle with 1080p and 30hz, sometimes 60hz (but not usually). Even "remastered" games like The Last of Us still struggle to maintain 1080p/60 on the PS4, sometimes dipping down in the mid-40 fps range.
  • Online multiplayer on PC is always free and not locked behind a paywall like it is with PSN and Xbox Live.
  • The PC has far more exclusive titles released than any other console, in any generation, in addition to many of the same multiplatform titles that are released for the consoles as well. Only when they are on PC, they look & run better.
  • The PC can be used for far more than just entertainment - it's a device that I can use for content production, school work, editing photos, curating my music collection, and more.
  • The PC is a constantly evolving platform that is always growing in power, whereas the consoles are locked in without innovation or advancement for sometimes up to 9 years in the case of the 360 & PS3. My current PC is already much more powerful and capable than even the PS4 or Xbox One, and over time that gap is only going to widen further and further.
  • PC games are less expensive. Not only are even multiplatform games almost always less expensive when released on PC, but PC games go on sale through outlets such as Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming and others far more often and for much steeper discounts than console games ever do. Developers love Steam sale events like the Summer & Winter sales, sometimes making more profits in a single week than they did during the entire year leading up to that.
  • PC's are designed to use and take advantage of multiple monitors, allowing experiences that are simply not available on console. If you haven't gamed on 3+ monitors at once, you're seriously missing out and I recommend giving it a try, you'll never go back.
  • The PC is the king of backwards compatibility. I can play any game I wish released at virtually any point in the PC's history with little to no problem, most of them installing directly from Steam in minutes. The current consoles offer no backwards compatibility whatsoever - Sony, MS, and Nintendo are more than happy to sell you the same games over and over again, though. This does not happen on PC.
  • The PC has by far the largest and most diverse game library out of any platform, current or past.
  • Developers build mod support into their games so the thriving PC mod community can get much more life out of games. This does not exist on consoles. See current games like Divinity: Original Sin and ArmA 3 for examples on how devs encourage modding and make it easy through the Steam Workshop.
  • PC is the most friendly platform for developers. Anyone can create and release a game on PC that millions of gamers have access to without paying licensing fees to the likes of Sony or Microsoft, and at little to no overhead cost. It is the most friendly platform for the thriving independent game developer scene.
  • You can actually make money playing games and creating assets & mods for games on PC, and companies like Valve encourage this through the Steam Workshop and Market. Nothing like this exists on consoles.
  • There are far more Free To Play games on PC that are actually good games with business models that aren't horrible. Games like DotA 2 and Marvel Heroes are truly free to play. You can spend money for cosmetics or quality of life improvements but you don't need to at all. Again, nothing like this exists on consoles.
  • The PC is overall less expensive to own than a console, and this becomes more drastic the more games one buys. A gaming PC that equals the PS4 or Xbox One in performance can be built for $400-$500 and then upgraded in a couple of years to easily surpass the capabilities of those locked and closed platforms, and the price disparity only grows as console gamers buy more and more expensive games over the lifespan of their console while PC gamers enjoy more & less expensive games.
    • The competitive / professional eSports scene lives on PC. Games like Dota 2 have tournaments like the International that had over $11 million dollars in prize money to be won this year - nothing like this exists on consoles.

There are more reasons but I'll leave it at that. Try to keep the discussion on topic - if you don't think the PC is the objectively superior gaming platform, then which one is and why? "LOL hermits" is not a valid argument. Please try to keep the discussion civil and on-topic, I don't want to have to create this again in a few weeks...but I totally will.

Thanks for reading and have fun!

Quite honestly, TC, in the years that I have lurked this forum--and my small stints of being active here--, I have yet to have seen a post logically listing why one platform is better than the other until now (even invite constructive criticism, outside of just "OMG, Hermit")... and that is your mistake because this is just not the place for serious discussions. The sheer fact that you have to lower your IQ level to reply to some (some, now.. not all) of these folks, plus my Manticore tendencies, keeps me from engaging in SW. I do agree with you though, TC. I own a PS4. I own a Wii U. I built my PC and I also use a laptop (an ASUS ROG G750). I'm a multi-platform owner, yet I know PC is superior and it doesn't consume me that it's better than the other platforms, no matter how much non-manti/non-hermit users argue otherwise... And no, other users, I will not give you the satisfaction of replying to whatever you want to say about my post. I just found a little time from my day to respond to TC, only. Plus, folks who defend one platform as if they're being paid can be an amusing sight to see for a multi-platform holder..

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@amazonangry: Your arguments are soooo cherry picked. You neglect the 10 or so points posted by TC and focus on a straw man argument that falls through in every way possible. You've obviously never touched a PC in your life.

Also, someone posted your post on PCMR and they're mocking you like no tomorrow.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@freedomfreak said:

Why a few days?

Welcome back bro. Last thread needed your insight.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jankarcop

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

Cant play The Last of Us.

This thread is about games not movies. Please delete this post.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lostrib

@melonfarmerz said:

@amazonangry: Your arguments are soooo cherry picked. You neglect the 10 or so points posted by TC and focus on a straw man argument that falls through in every way possible. You've obviously never touched a PC in your life.

Also, someone posted your post on PCMR and they're mocking you like no tomorrow.

He's just a troll.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

ok, we get it, and no one really cares.

Really? because you seemed to care like a month ago when you argued that consoles beat PC

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/consoles-still-trump-pc-and-ill-tell-you-why-31414070/?page=1

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#73 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@MonsieurX said:

Glad I got tons of other games to play instead of only 1

The most awarded game ever > your steam library

But let's put it to the test. Show your Steam library.Guarenteed it mimics this...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

and every other herm I've argued with. Half your library you won't have even touched,especially hallmark pc titles, and your most played games Will not be those that are graphically taxing, taking advantage of da powah.

Basically your argument is that you'd rather pay for a $200+ PS3 and one game than buy a PC with similar games but at cheaper prices.

I guess that's about as good as it gets for you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lostrib

@amazonangry said:

@naz99 said:

@amazonangry: what does it matter?

He has the games he can play tem whenever he does not need you to come up with a pointless biased conclusion based on nothing....like you usually do.

I bought over 100 games just last year and have only played about 20 of them ...your point?

It matters because the herm arguement falls apart when you actually look at the data in their libraries.

There's a huge discrepancy between what pc gamers say, and what they play.

At least BlueHazey and Lostrib openly display their Steam Iibraries, and prove my point according to their play data.

Prove me wrong. I'll be waiting.

Why is my name being brought up?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#75 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Really? because you seemed to care like a month ago when you argued that consoles beat PC

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/consoles-still-trump-pc-and-ill-tell-you-why-31414070/?page=1

Oh and "PSN Sales Steam Who?"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib

@shadowchronicle said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh and "PSN Sales Steam Who?"

x2, if i remember correctly

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@amazonangry The numbers on play time in some users' Steam libraries is irrelevant. Many games on PC come in packs, whether they be from Humble Bundles, publisher packs during sales, bulk packs, or gifts from friends. Over the years I have received many games from people as gifts - even joke gifts - that I have no intention of ever playing. Some games, like Zen Bound 2, are mobile ports that I got in a Humble Bundle...I'll never play it on PC. None of this is relevant in any way whatsoever to the topic at hand.

Furthermore, like another user already stated in this topic, the games are there if I do eventually want to play them in the future, or if one of my family members who lives in another state wants to play them through Steam Family Sharing. Oh yeah...that's a thing. My siblings and I all share our Steam libraries with one another, so we all have access to virtually every game that is in one another's libraries. I can pull up my brother's vast collection of hundreds more games than I have, install one, play it as much as I want legally, and move on when I'm done. The game doesn't show up in my library. If at some point he wants to play the game at the same time, I get a notice that I have to quit the game within a certain number of minutes because the main user is playing. That has never happened. This service costs nothing.

In addition, I can use Steam In-Home Streaming...for free...to stream games from my gaming PC to other computers throughout my house, both over ethernet and wirelessly, and play them at 1080p/60fps. Another easy win for PC's, and this service also costs nothing.

Please stop grasping at straws and address some of the main points of my post. What you're doing is the bottom four arguments of this triangle - if you ever expect anyone to take you seriously and not mock you as a troll, you want to be in the top three. So far you have utterly failed to explicitly refute any of my central points, and likewise have failed to explain why any single point I made is mistaken. Instead, you are changing the argument and trying to prove some other point that has nothing to do with anything.

Good luck at arguing more effectively in the future, I hope you'll keep this chart in mind before posting anything else to avoid looking even worse.

TL;DR - rekt.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

No. Many many games I cannot get on PC that I can get on all the Consoles. End of story. Also, the majority of the worthwhile titles to play on PC are on or end up on Consoles (Insurgency, Witcher, Hotline Miami, and many more).

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Puckhog04 said:

No. Many many games I cannot get on PC that I can get on all the Consoles. End of story. Also, the majority of the worthwhile titles to play on PC are on or end up on Consoles (Insurgency, Witcher, Hotline Miami, and many more).

So where's Amnesia, Divinity OS, GW2, SMITE, the stanley parable, Anti Chamber, Tribes Ascend, Arma 3, almost every good quality RTS, and so on?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 RoboCopISJesus

@Puckhog04 said:

Both of these issues are 100% true against PC.

Sadly, both of those issues occur far more on consoles...leading to far more games you can't play and far less exclusives. In other words, the OP is still right.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 commonfate

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Puckhog04 said:

So where's Amnesia, Divinity OS, GW2, SMITE, the stanley parable, Anti Chamber, Tribes Ascend, Arma 3, almost every good quality RTS, and so on?

It's a waste of your time. Dude jumps ship every few months. Eventually, his sig will change to something like "PC gamer since 1990, prefer a keyboard and mouse."

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

i'm not reading all that but all the "remastered" and "definitive endition" versions of video games coming out now are proof that games are better on PC. If games were not better on PC there would be no need to re-release these games to offer console players a better experience more similar to what was experienced or is being experienced on PC.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

I know it is pointless to discuss anything with you and this thread will go on for 12 more pages full of non-sense discussion but WOW made more money than any console game ever , in history (At least one billion USD every year) . Then there is huge number of digital sales that companies normally don't share . There is also no one to take his share because no one owns PC . There are more factors than just retail units being shipped .

PC games may not sell as fast as console games do in the beginning but they continue to sell for decades , thanks to backward compatibility . And you are comparing 2 consoles against single platform and comparing actual sales with units shipped worldwide .

You were replying to a thread comparing pc's fastest selling games vs consoles fastest selling games. So it's Diablo 3 vs GTA V.

Do you think Activision would only report retail sales of Diablo 3? The latest sales figures for Diablo 3 before expanding to console afaik was 12 million. That was 7 months after release. GTA V sold 32.5 million in 5 months.

Of course I'm comparing 2 consoles vs pc. If the 360 didn't exist then all the consolites would just be getting the PS 3 version of GTA V. And yeah Activision is reporting digital sales and shipped retail sales.

What ceo or shareholder would rather see a game reach $1 billion in sales in 3 years instead of 3 days like GTA V did.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

LOL backwards compatibility turned into "definitive remaster" milking instead of new games.

Consoles are sucking so bad this gen.

Most of these remasters take very little effort so it's not like it's keeping devs from working on new games. As far as Last of Us is concerned, surely there's at least a couple million PS 4 owners who don't have a PS 3 so this remaster is great for them.

And $60 for 2 completely overhauled Halo games and more? I would pay $60 for some of my fav old pc games to get that kind of overhaul.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

LOL backwards compatibility turned into "definitive remaster" milking instead of new games.

Most of these remasters take very little effort

Exactly. It's milking the fact that consoles suck at BC.

I just hope that they offer large discounts to people who already own the games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lostrib

@RoboCopISJesus: they generally don't it seems. Except for on PC with metro redux

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Most of these remasters take very little effort

Exactly. It's milking the fact that consoles suck at BC.

I just hope that they offer large discounts to people who already own the games.

As far as Sony converts are concerned, the remaster would be preferable to playing the original in backwards compatibility mode. Tv's have multiple video source inputs so gamers can have both a PS 3 and PS 4 connected to one tv.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

ok i'm convinced

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#89 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

But with PC, it is kind of true. And Price didn't bother me, because I wasn't paying for something just to play games on. Its a fvckin computer. I do so much on my Desktop. Cant wait for Arkham and the Witcher 3.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Cranler

@mikhail said:
  • I can use any controller or multiple controllers at once, including mouse & keyboard, Xbox One controllers, DualShock 4's, or all of them at once. There is a lot more choice with PC, I'm not locked in to the few overpriced peripherals that the platform holders choose for me.
  • The PC is overall less expensive to own than a console, and this becomes more drastic the more games one buys. A gaming PC that equals the PS4 or Xbox One in performance can be built for $400-$500 and then upgraded in a couple of years to easily surpass the capabilities of those locked and closed platforms, and the price disparity only grows as console gamers buy more and more expensive games over the lifespan of their console while PC gamers enjoy more & less expensive games.

Good points although unfortunately many games don't allow simultaneous use of kb/m and controller. I'm currently playing Assassins Creed 2 with controller and i wish I could for example just hit "m" for map but can't. Skyrim, CoD and Far cry 3 among others don't allow it either.

The expenses really boils down to the individuals habits. Most multiplats are same price on pc now. Many pc exclusive or timed exclusives like Arma 3 and Diablo 3 are now $60 too. Sales of any kind are designed for impulse buys that's the main reason why so many pc gamers have huge backlogs from digital sales. If you buy a digital game you end up not liking or don't care to replay your stuck with it while a consolite can trade it in or sell on ebay. Also trading and borrowing among friends and colleagues is a common occurrence for consolites but not for pc.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lostrib

So will this one go for 10 pages or get shut down before it becomes toxic?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You're reaching.

1. Most of those AAA games come to pc...and According to digital foundry, most multiplats and ports are better on PC.

2. SW has always used the term AAA for 9.0+ scoring games. For the last 10+ years. "Reaching".

3. PC still has plenty big-budget games as well as indys.

Then why do I hear constant bitching from PC gamers about ports.

Then SW is different than everyone else....and I'll go with the rest of the world.

Those big budget games are mostly niche games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Then SW is different than everyone else....and I'll go with the rest of the world.

If you're really going to discuss "AAA" games on SW, you should establish if you mean AAA budget or AAA scoring games

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Cranler

@mikhail said:

@amazonangry The numbers on play time in some users' Steam libraries is irrelevant. Many games on PC come in packs, whether they be from Humble Bundles, publisher packs during sales, bulk packs, or gifts from friends. Over the years I have received many games from people as gifts - even joke gifts - that I have no intention of ever playing. Some games, like Zen Bound 2, are mobile ports that I got in a Humble Bundle...I'll never play it on PC. None of this is relevant in any way whatsoever to the topic at hand.

Furthermore, like another user already stated in this topic, the games are there if I do eventually want to play them in the future, or if one of my family members who lives in another state wants to play them through Steam Family Sharing. Oh yeah...that's a thing. My siblings and I all share our Steam libraries with one another, so we all have access to virtually every game that is in one another's libraries. I can pull up my brother's vast collection of hundreds more games than I have, install one, play it as much as I want legally, and move on when I'm done. The game doesn't show up in my library. If at some point he wants to play the game at the same time, I get a notice that I have to quit the game within a certain number of minutes because the main user is playing. That has never happened. This service costs nothing.

Actually how many games in a steam account that go unplayed is relevant to cost comparisons. Sure, some of those games could be gifts or part of a bundle but let's face it, many people have seen a game on sale that they hadn't planned on buying and bought it anyway.

Here's an interesting article on the subject http://www.gamesradar.com/confessions-steam-summer-sale-addict/

I have more friends, neighbors and colleagues to share console games with than pc games. Most of the pc gamers I know are WoW, LoL or Counterstrike players while all the consolites I know play a lot of recent releases.

Can all Steam games be shared?

No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or a subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts. Additionally, if you are VAC banned, you will be unable to share any VAC protected games.

Can two users share a library and both play at the same time?

No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

If you're really going to discuss "AAA" games on SW, you should establish if you mean AAA budget or AAA scoring games

I don't consider high scoring games to be AAA. If it's an indy game.....then it will always be an indy game.

If it scores high....then it's an excellent game....indy game....whatever....but it was never AAA. It's indy b/c of what comes along with the meaning of indy.

No Man's Sky is indy. 4 guys are working on it....not a huge budget...no commercials or advertisements or whatever...sony only took notice once it got shown and ppl took notice.....if it scores 10's across every review site in the free world.....it will still be an indy game.

Thats how it's been eveywhere else.....thats what I'm sticking to.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

1. Because they aren't up to par with better PC ports/exclusives/multiplats. Not that they aren't up to par against the console version. Digital Foundry even states this sometimes.

2. Because here we believe the quality of the game is more important than the budget/advertising of the game. In fact most gaming forums will discuss scores, not budgets.

3. Who cares if a game is niche or not? How is this even relevant?

@mr_huggles_dog said:

If it scores high....then it's an excellent game....indy game....whatever....but it was never AAA. It's indy b/c of what comes along with the meaning of indy.

No Man's Sky is indy. 4 guys are working on it....not a huge budget...no commercials or advertisements or whatever...sony only took notice once it got shown and ppl took notice.....if it scores 10's across every review site in the free world.....it will still be an indy game.

Okay so whats your point, PC gets plenty of big budget games. Not that the budget even matters anymore.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I don't consider high scoring games to be AAA. If it's an indy game.....then it will always be an indy game.

Yes well here AAA is a game that got 9.0. That AAA would be like budget wise

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#99  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

The PC still lacks turnkey operability, and effectively requires internet connection to leverage Steam.

The divide and staying power of consoles is that they are a standardized, centralized gaming experience designed to function around a gamepad. PC lacks this and thusly cannot achieve the same quality of experience a console can deliver.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 commonfate

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Are you implying that indy games are lesser experiences due to budget constraints?