1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Age old and as false as my grandma's teeth. Given the low end spec of current consoles it's simple and cheap to build an equivalent PC. Consoles now cost to play online, cost more per game and cost quite a bit upfront. Can we finally lay to bed the idea that PC's cost £2,000?

While you might have a preference for one system over another people claiming PC gaming is expensive seem stuck in the late 90's.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

A good PC does cost more....why build one with the same specs as consoles? The reason to build a PC is to stomp the consoles IMO.

I have spent a ton of money through the years on my PC and I don't regret any of it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Why bring it up at all?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

The PC is definitely more expensive initially. You can't argue otherwise. However, if you're a heavy gamer it rapidly catches back up pretty quickly thanks to steam and not paying for online and has a vastly superior library vs any one console (although if you wish to stack all consoles vs the PC the price point all of a sudden is very different and 2 paid online services a year makes them far more expensive)

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1080pOnly

@lostrib said:

Why bring it up at all?

As it's still used as a reason for not gaming on PC?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@1080pOnly said:
@lostrib said:

Why bring it up at all?

As it's still used as a reason for not gaming on PC?

In the same way that consoles have no games is used vs them. Its a lazy argument very few really believes outside of SW hyperbole.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib

@1080pOnly: where? And who has been saying it as a serious point?

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

Gaming in general is expensive but you never had to spend a arm or a leg to enjoy pc gaming in this day and time.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Building a PC is expensive, unless you're @-God-, he just doesn't have one or even care to build.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1080pOnly

@blue_hazy_basic: This is where I disagree - It costs more to build a top of the line PC but it really doesn't when making something that will perform on par with the consoles.

Why a spec that's only as good as consoles? Well a PC can do much more than just game (or consume media) but even having a 'console capable' PC opens up a world of games just not available on the big 3. I also find it very valid to argue about cost of ownership over at least a 3 year period where even, as you said, a high end PC pays for itself if you spend anything beyond a casual amount on games.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@1080pOnly Building a PC which will compete with a console price point now is almost always 2) a misleading build and b) will be so outdated a couple of years from now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

A good PC does cost more....why build one with the same specs as consoles? The reason to build a PC is to stomp the consoles IMO.

I have spent a ton of money through the years on my PC and I don't regret any of it.

I think that's a valid view point. Plus, I do so many other things with my PC. I have stationary engineering programs downloaded ready for school in September. The cost is higher but the actual usage for me validates it.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 1080pOnly

@blue_hazy_basic: That was going to be my next point, obsolescence. That PC won't be any more outdated than the consoles. As people like to point out, most games these days are made for the lowest common denominator (lowest console spec). I'm still using a PC from 2010 that blows away the current gen and it cost me some £850 ish at the time. Nothing in this gen outside of PC exclusives is going to even push it .

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@1080pOnly said:

Age old and as false as my grandma's teeth. Given the low end spec of current consoles it's simple and cheap to build an equivalent PC. Consoles now cost to play online, cost more per game and cost quite a bit upfront. Can we finally lay to bed the idea that PC's cost £2,000?

While you might have a preference for one system over another people claiming PC gaming is expensive seem stuck in the late 90's.

1 - The online is optional.

2 - It IS expensive if you want a good experience /my laptop plays witcher 3 on low , so **** that noise/

3 - Why are you even bringing this up?

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

915$, that’s the total price I paid through these two years to build my rig ...

Monitor: LG - LED 22MP55 ~ 120$

CPU: i5-34-50 ~ 135$

RAM : 2xKingston 4GB (1600 MHz) DDR3 RAM ~ 61$

Graphic Card : MSI GeForce GTX 970 1279MHz 4GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Gaming TF ~ 249$

HDD 1TB +PSU 700W + MB + K/M + PC Case + other stuff ~ 350 $

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Upfront costs are typically higher. Subsequent costs can be lower, but it really depends on the user and what they use the system for/how much they play games.

I personally spent just shy of $2000 on my current build, and I don't regret a dollar of it.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

PC gaming is expensive if you want to have the kind that PC gamers brag about here on SW. PC gaming isn't a set standard so of course you can build whatever kind of PC you want at whatever price, but you have to decide what you want to sacrifice, money or that PC advantage kind of performance.

Either you go cheaper and get a rig that is barely better than consoles and loose the advantage of top PC performance or you drop more cash to get a top tier PC that get 4k res at 60fps and all that jaz.

The only reason why console games here say PC gaming is expensive is because top tier PC hardware is the only kind of set ups PC fanboy talk about, so that is what they are responding to. If it wasn't all 4k textures at 60fps with hermits then you'd have a point.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

equivalent PC builds to a console still cot over $500 and that's only by buying the cheapest parts you can find to make an ugly ass hobo build that could most likely set up your house in a fire.

Just take a look at the Steam machines and its ridiculous prices for systems that are weaker than the PS4 yet more expensive even with all its off the shelves parts.

Why is it so hard for PC fan to face the reality that PC actually is? The most ridiculous stuff I read on the internets these days always come from some master race kind of guy. And as a computer technician, programmer and DBA I wish I could laugh but things are getting way out of hand with you guys.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Never, ever build a PC that's equivalent to a console. If that's your aim then buy a console or wait till you have more money in the pot and do it right.

Entry level for PC gaming is/should be more expensive. A decent, up to date, gaming rig costs around £800 (a lot more if you want it to) but that will give superior performance to any console on the market today for the entire console life cycle. Combine that with cheaper games and no additional paywall for online gaming and it evens out over time.

For me personally, I spend far more on upgrading and wanting the latest tech (well generally every two years) so I'll never even out with console prices, nor do I want to. That is entirely my choice though and not something that has to be done. The reason I do this because I want everything running at as high as resolution as I can, with the highest frame rates and graphical settings available. Those settings far outstrip anything on console even with multi-plat games like GTA V and The Witcher 3, as examples, I can run The Witcher 3 1440p and 40 frames per second. However I want well over 60fps, 144 if I can get it, and my GTX 780ti isn't enough to do that, so I'll upgrade as soon as I can afford to.

Average Joe building a basic gaming PC, it's cheaper in the long run than console

Me and my upgrade addiction, console gaming is a lot cheaper in both short and long term.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@Gue1 said:

equivalent PC builds to a console still cot over $500 and that's only by buying the cheapest parts you can find to make an ugly ass hobo build that could most likely set up your house in a fire.

Just take a look at the Steam machines and its ridiculous prices for systems that are weaker than the PS4 yet more expensive even with all its off the shelves parts.

Why is it so hard for PC fan to face the reality that PC actually is? The most ridiculous stuff I read on the internets these days always come from some master race kind of guy. And as a computer technician, programmer and DBA I wish I could laugh but things are getting way out of hand with you guys.

yeah , it cost more about 800$ which is a price for a new system not for upgrading it ....and a 800$ PC can shit on PS4

PS : you could do a lot more with PC than playing games

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Its not hard to get into pc gaming..... basic pc that outclasses the X1 and is on par with PS4 can be had for under $600 and you can do more with it.

Prebuilt PC

GTX 750ti

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

The gtx 950ti will be interesting.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

The only think that costs more on pc is the upfront cost if you are a 1st timer. After you build your first pc you dont even need to build a new one. All you do are major upgrades ( $200-300 every 3-4 years ) and if need be smaller $50-100 upgrades in between. Cheaper games , free2play games, no cost to play online and cheaper accessories make pc cheaper option in the long run

I build mine in 2006 and so far i have put about €1600-1800 on my rig ( €750 initial cost and about another € 1000 on upgrades ). If i have stuck to consoles i would had to buy 2 consoles previous and next gen that would have costed me about €1000 then another 9 years of paying to play online that is another €400. Add to that more expensive games and accessories and the cost of been a console gamer would have been higher compared to my pc

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

You're doing it wrong if somehow your "gaming" PC cost less than a console.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

A PC is more expensive...

A Filet Mignon steak will cost more than a Big Mac.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

PC gaming's cost is all relative to the demands and situation of the gamer. If you're a casual gamer who only plays the big budget AAA games and occasional smaller games, then PC gaming is actually going to be more expensive than console gaming. The machine is going to cost more and odds are good you don't already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, or an OS laying around.

If you're a gamer who is obsessed with having the most powerful components, PC gaming is extremely expensive. It's also the only platform you can have the most powerful hardware so you have no choice.

If you're a gamer who likes to have the higher end equipment, but also plays a large variety of games, long-term costs of PC gaming drop under console gaming. You can buy larger volumes of cheaper games and you don't have to rebuy stuff like a good case, monitor, keyboard, mouse, or OS. The longer you game on a PC, the cheaper it is.

If you're on a budget PC gaming is cheaper too. Budget gamers rarely buy the latest and greatest games so their PC can be a bit underpowered. Buying heaps of cheap games on various DD services keeps the backlog long and varied for cheap.

I end up spending more on PC gaming than console gaming but I get way more out of my PC. More games, better hardware, way more controller inputs (HOTAS, TrackIR), and long lasting communities of gamers I've know for years. I don't mind upgrading my GPU every 2 years either. It's not necessary but I like having powerful stuff.

Between my PS4 and Xbox One I spend probably less on console gaming than I do on my PC, and that includes PSN and XBL yearly subscription.

PC gaming is easily the best value for your dollar though. You may not spend less dollar wise on your PC, but you're going to get way more out of each dollar.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

Its not hard to get into pc gaming..... basic pc that outclasses the X1 and is on par with PS4 can be had for under $600 and you can do more with it.

Prebuilt PC

GTX 750ti

A refurbished card? I never recommend 2nd hand PC parts. It's just too risky.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: "why build one with the same specs as consoles?"

Well maybe because his name is 1080pOnly so he doesn't want to build a more powerful PC to surpass 1080p.

If you're not gaming in 4K at Max settings on PC you're going it wrong.

But perhaps this kid is too afraid to spend more money on his PC than a console would cost so he can say "hey look I pay less than you."

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@04dcarraher said:

Prebuilt PC

GTX 750ti

A refurbished card? I never recommend 2nd hand PC parts. It's just too risky.

factory refurbished is fine. means that if something was wrong it was fixed and they actually go through more quality checks then fresh new cards. And it still comes with a year warranty.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

It is way more expensive, but I can se it to tax write off so price is never a factor for me. I just don't like to game on PC as I spend the whole day working in front of a computer already, but I might use my PC to play The Rise of Tomb Raider when it does hit the PC!

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

To say that PC gaming isn't more expensive is a stretch. I will say that it initially starts off pretty expensive but it get decently cheap over time. Lets be honest if you're a hardcore gamer and really only build it to just be better than current gen consoles your kinda wasting your time. PC gaming in my opinion is one where when you build the PC that is about near the top of the line. That way after a few years the only thing in a PC at that point that needs to be upgraded is the graphics card which typically will eat up most the Gaming PC budget. Seriously a new Nvidia Titan X graphics card cost more than a Xbox One and PS4 combined.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

u guys literally talked about this like 2-3 months ago.....

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

@lundy86_4: What you said is the answer to this thread.

Let's say a PC gamer decides to build a PC for $800 to hold them over for 2 years before they have the need to upgrade again (idk the average amount spent on PCs, so if anyone knows, that's more than welcome.) And to be fair, I'll assume the console gamer buys the system barebones, despite the many bundles readily available. So, let's assume they buy an XboxOne for $400 (for the sake the argument, let's ignore tax rates for both sides, for hopefully obvious reasons.)

As stated by, Lundy, what matters after all of this is how big of a gamer you are. There's an assumption that the console gamer MUST buy a whole year of the online subscription (in this case, I believe Mixrosoft offers a year for $60 even though there can deals from other places as well as from Microsoft.) If we honestly assume that the console gamer buys the whole year of live and an average of 3 brand new games a year (at $60), that's $240 in one year. In the two years I initially gave the PC to upgrade, this would amount the console gamers final price point at $880. And I think it's fair to say a PC gamer will spend at least $60 on at least one new AAA game?

If you've read all of that TC, and paid attention to the rambling, I hope you realized that that's what this entire thing comes down to- a rambling on about assumptions. You could be a console gamer perfectly content with Halo or call of duty for a year or two. And then, you may end up trading those games in for a lower cost to a new game. You may also be a PC gamer who can get a lot of friends to gift them games to play or parts to use, allowing you lower costs as well. The console gamer may lead a more expensive gaming be life (5 games a year + controllers) or the PC played might (spending above $1000 on their system.) It's just too indeterminate to ever say which one will cost more.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

u guys literally talked about this like 2-3 months ago.....

minutes*

It's the most regurgitated topic ever.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#35 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Facts:

• You can build a PC that can outperform Consoles for now, for the same price. But it will be outdated pretty soon.
  • If you want to experience real PC Gaming, you'll have to pay more but you get what you payed for. A PC doesn't have to be cheaper than Consoles. It offers more/better experience, hence entry cost is higher.
  • Better experience doesn't mean you've to spend 5000$ on a PC. Roughly double the cost of Consoles can get you a really awesome PC that will last you for 3-5 years.
  • Entry cost is high but at the end of the day, you'll be able to save more (even if you bought a new video card within 3-5 years), if you know how to spend your cash on games because usually games are cheaper on PC.

/Thread

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@1080pOnly said:

Sweet. Can I play Gran Turismo on PC? Can I play GTA games day 1? Can I play Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ratchet and Clank, or FIFA online with my other console owning friends?

Face it, unless you already have a PC worth upgrading, the upfront cost to build a PC that's going to be worth a damn 5 years from now is going to set you back at least $800.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

@bforrester420: what does that have to do with cost?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@lostrib said:

@bforrester420: what does that have to do with cost?

well, the second half of my post does pertain to the cost, which is definitively higher upfront than consoles.

Everyone's situation is also different. For example, to upgrade my PC, I'd need a new version of Windows, a new power supply, another 4gb of RAM, a GPU upgrade, a CPU upgrade, and a new monitor actually capable of 1080p just to equal a new console. Including the time cost, in real dollars that is likely to be more expensive than a new console by itself.

My current PC: Windows 7 32-bit, GTX650ti, 300watt PS, 4gb RAM, and a shitty 19" Asus 900p monitor. Hey, it's a loaner PC from work...I work with what I have at my disposal.

PC gaming is a pain in the ass. As long as my machine is capable of playing Civilization, I'll forgo the other PC exclusives and do the rest of my gaming on console. Its a hell of a lot less hassle for a secondary hobby.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's not that expensive. With PC gaming you want to spend more money on hardware and less money on actual games (steam sales). With consoles you automatically use less money on HW and probably more on games if you can't wait for decent sales.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@1080pOnly: Except for the fact that you can't build a PC with specs equivalent to current gen consoles and expect games to run like they do on consoles.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Alienware Alpha steam machine is more powerful than the ps4 and only cost $50 more for it. Heck you can buy the windows version off of walmart right now for only $414.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Exactly.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#43  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

if they made the rts games I like for console I'd quit gaming on pc all together. Sure a pc has more potential, cheaper games and better graphics/framerates but it also has more headache and upkeep. Seriously Rome 2 made me hate pc gaming and all the issues people have with the new Batman game is another example. I couldnt even get ArcheAge to run due to that stupid Hackshield they have on the game and I spent a lot of frustrated hours trying.

I dont enjoy building or tinkering on computers. I have more money than time at this stage in my life. I'd rather spend the limited time I have playing games rather than troubleshooting issues. Also there used to be far more games that made me want to keep a decent rig. Nowadays most of the best games are indies and they are also being released on console.

In all honesty I've been saving to buy a new rig to replace my current rig running an i7 with a gtx660ti for 3 years and there hasnt been a game in that time that has made me pull the trigger on buying. I actually have enough money saved to build a 4K capable rig. The only one that comes close has been Star Citizen and I'm waiting for it to actually be released before I invest. By the time it comes out there will probably be newer and better cards than the ones out now or again it might be a bad game and not worth the investment.

I get the TC's point, but I dont really think he gets the convenience factor of a console which gives it the edge for a lot of people. $400 plug and play hassle free gaming is a lot better for most people than building a rig even if it is cheaper in the long run.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@the_master_race said:

Graphic Card : MSI GeForce GTX 970 1279MHz 4GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Gaming TF ~ 249$

How\where did you get a 970 for 250$ ?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Why oh why are we still peddling this "hobo PC" bullshit?! The whole idea of PC gaming is to get a better experience compared to consoles. If you are building a PC with console specs in mind then you are frankly fucking stupid... If you only have enough for a console then buy a fucking console or continue to save up.

If you're first PC doesn't cost you at least £1000 all in, monitor, KB/M, speakers/headphones, etc then you are doing it wrong!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@1080pOnly said:

Optimized PCs are expensive. I built a budget build PC....it cost more than the consoles do dude.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@Wasdie said:

PC gaming's cost is all relative to the demands and situation of the gamer. If you're a casual gamer who only plays the big budget AAA games and occasional smaller games, then PC gaming is actually going to be more expensive than console gaming. The machine is going to cost more and odds are good you don't already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, or an OS laying around.

If you're a gamer who is obsessed with having the most powerful components, PC gaming is extremely expensive. It's also the only platform you can have the most powerful hardware so you have no choice.

If you're a gamer who likes to have the higher end equipment, but also plays a large variety of games, long-term costs of PC gaming drop under console gaming. You can buy larger volumes of cheaper games and you don't have to rebuy stuff like a good case, monitor, keyboard, mouse, or OS. The longer you game on a PC, the cheaper it is.

If you're on a budget PC gaming is cheaper too. Budget gamers rarely buy the latest and greatest games so their PC can be a bit underpowered. Buying heaps of cheap games on various DD services keeps the backlog long and varied for cheap.

I end up spending more on PC gaming than console gaming but I get way more out of my PC. More games, better hardware, way more controller inputs (HOTAS, TrackIR), and long lasting communities of gamers I've know for years. I don't mind upgrading my GPU every 2 years either. It's not necessary but I like having powerful stuff.

Between my PS4 and Xbox One I spend probably less on console gaming than I do on my PC, and that includes PSN and XBL yearly subscription.

PC gaming is easily the best value for your dollar though. You may not spend less dollar wise on your PC, but you're going to get way more out of each dollar.

In parts of Europe and most of the world €1000 PC comes cheaper than €400 console

It is called TEH MAGIC OF REALITY vs ASSUMPTIONS and FANTASY

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Why would I build a PC equivalent to a console? If I'm going to build one, I want to go all the way balls to the walls with it, and yes, that is more expensive. Whatever, gaming is on a steep decline since the start of last gen anyway, my passion for the whole hobby is pretty squishy at this point. If Persona 5 actually makes it out this year, it may well be my only remaining purchase in 2015, and I have both a PS4 and, regrettably, an Xbone.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@the_master_race said:

How\where did you get a 970 for 250$ ?

Probably Newegg, I've seen them there that cheap. Newegg has some really good deals sometimes, I was able to snag a 280 for $150 a while back.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@True_Gamer_: That's true. Console gaming outside of the US and Western Europe can get much more expensive due to a lot of various reasons. Lots of weird import and tax laws and relatively low demand drive prices up considerably.