The Order weapons trailer

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

Why do they keep showing the same footage over and over? Still yet to see a proper gameplay demo that's longer than 2 minutes.

Do you want them to show all the gameplay in one video before launch? ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

This game is going to get a low score, for sure. And yet, I'm going to pick it up day 1 and enjoy the crap out of it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Incoming flop, but damn it looks nice.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@SteXmaN said:

@m3dude1:

@SteXmaN said:

Texture work is horrendous and it's a linear game.I suppose character models consume all that power.

Jesus.....Ryse PC, which comes out before The Order, looks far better.

Wait, does the OP actually think PC won't be gfx king? Didn't he get the memo for the last 3 gens?

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
@hernandezzzz said:

This game is going to get a low score, for sure. And yet, I'm going to pick it up day 1 and enjoy the crap out of it.

It seems like it will have the ingredients for a good game. I'm guessing it will score 7 at least, but whatever score it gets, I get the impression it's going to be a lot of fun.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

sleeper hit right there ladies!!!

9/10

and yes this looks better than pc games !

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Will be lucky to score a 7/10.

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#59 SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

@scottpsfan14:What about the first screenshot that was taken from the latest trailer and yet again shows bad texture quality,environments look washed out and they don't have the detail that I want from this type of game where the levels are cramped corridors. In the cut scenes some models have amazing texture work and on the environments they look like something from 2010. Where's that "next-gen" tessellation or parallax occlusion mapping.I guess they would have to change the aspect ratio to 16:3 and reduce the FOV from 40 to 20 so the quality of LOD on the environments would be the same as on the character models.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#60  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

lol, cows...

which_wich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 which_wich
Member since 2014 • 189 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@which_wich: Yes pc gamers build powerful gaming machines to play overhyped, corridor, qte, thoughtless shooters. Totally overcompensating...

No they built them to use for System Wars since Gamespot is such a demanding website. No, they build them to run my hypethreads

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

You know, trolling and fucking about aside here. I'm loving the Victorian setting, I'm a massive fan of anything Victorian, Industrial Revolution era. Add to the fact they have this Steampunk vibe going on which is basically a free pass to create all sorts of zanny and fucking off the wall designs and weapons etc but I'm really worried that this much attention has been lavished on details that they will fall down in the gameplay and story areas. Rise and KZ both had awesome visuals yet both had very forgettable stories, KZ's being completely non-existent! We are seeing a trend here that puts visuals above everything else. The further we chase this idea down the rabbit hole, we are going to reach a point where they is zero story and zero gameplay. Effectively we will be back to tech demos.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

5/10 on GS im calling it.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#65 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@clyde46 said:

You know, trolling and fucking about aside here. I'm loving the Victorian setting, I'm a massive fan of anything Victorian, Industrial Revolution era. Add to the fact they have this Steampunk vibe going on which is basically a free pass to create all sorts of zanny and fucking off the wall designs and weapons etc but I'm really worried that this much attention has been lavished on details that they will fall down in the gameplay and story areas. Rise and KZ both had awesome visuals yet both had very forgettable stories, KZ's being completely non-existent! We are seeing a trend here that puts visuals above everything else. The further we chase this idea down the rabbit hole, we are going to reach a point where they is zero story and zero gameplay. Effectively we will be back to tech demos.

qft

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I think the developer's commentary on weapon design has been the most interesting piece of information released on this game...

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

day 1 buy no matter what the reviews say

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#68 SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SteXmaN said:

@scottpsfan14:What about the first screenshot that was taken from the latest trailer and yet again shows bad texture quality,environments look washed out and they don't have the detail that I want from this type of game where the levels are cramped corridors. In the cut scenes some models have amazing texture work and on the environments they look like something from 2010. Where's that "next-gen" tessellation or parallax occlusion mapping.I guess they would have to change the aspect ratio to 16:3 and reduce the FOV from 40 to 20 so the quality of LOD on the environments would be the same as on the character models.

Asset detail in this game is insane. The lighting, character models, particle effects, animations, are all top notch. Texture work may or may not be good at release, but why don't you go look at some Gamersyde images with no compression and use them rather than small, compressed images and calling the textures washed out?

I'm sure there are blurry textures in the full game, but what you probably don't realize is that this game has far more detailed environments than any TPS game currently released on PC. You know why? Because they are all 360 ports with levels and assets created for 2005 GPU's and 512MB of RAM. The graphical additions to PC games are in effects, textures, and lighting.

What exactly are you trying to prove with compressed shots? Of course there will be corners cut. But then so does every game under the sun. Including the PC flagship graphics showcases.

Of course the effects are top notch it's 2014/15 game.They're using the latest tech but compare that object model that his holding to that brick wall. Also the shootout on the street that was showcased at this year E3.Everything we saw so far are tight corridors combat with narrow FOV.They can push the visuals there and yet that street looked so washed out,it lacks the fidelity that they are showcasing on the other (more important)models.There is huge lack of objects even on that first gif.

IMO visually Witcher 3 is a better looking title with it's vast,detailed environments and it has some neat nvidia tech behind it.It's even more impressive because they achieved that kind of fidelity in an open world.I don't know if they are comparable but I'm sure there will be some similar scenes because there's lots of narrow streets in Novigrad.

The last linear SP TPS that I've played on PC was 2012 Spec Ops The Line.Even though it doesn't pack amazing graphics and judging by the previews I don't think TO1886 will surpass it game quality wise.Not to mention something like Max Payne 3...or 2..1.Pretty graphics can't cover up a bad game. Not saying it's going to be bad but the gameplay is something that I already saw countless times and it was done better.Way better.If you gonna make a corridor cover based TPS in 2015 you need to bring something new to the table and there's literally nothing new in The Order 1886.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

looks boring

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Is this like gears of war?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11245 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@jake44: Really is no hype other than graphics

You don't think a steam punk Victorian aged sci-fi game on a high budget should be hyped???

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@napo_sp: I'm a huge fan of MGS 5 , it looks great while being in large environments but it doesn't look as good as the order.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Looks like a decent shooter. I'll keep my eye on it but I can't say it's a day-1, it does smell of the hype machine.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

This game is gonna flop hard but if it has a good story and decent length I'll pick it up. I am up for something a little different.

Also, to say it will flop is a bit of a stretch, people are praising it for it's graphics mostly no one is actually saying this game is AAA, difference!

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Ugh, why can't Cows be more hyped about Bloodborne or Persona 5 than this? Everyone knows the only reason this game is getting attention are the graphics.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#77  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

This is going to be a disaster.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@Chutebox said:

@jake44: Really is no hype other than graphics

You don't think a steam punk Victorian aged sci-fi game on a high budget should be hyped???

They should have spent some of that budget on not making the gameplay a generic Gears clone

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

My interest in this game has grown considerably ever since it was announced. The weapons look darn unique. I'm quite excited for the various weapons now.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

Gotta agree with m3dude and am-gamer.

I honestly I do not imagine any PC title touching this game for 4 years minimum. Some people say StarCitizen, Ryse on PC, and Witcher3. Those are garbage in comparisons.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#81 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

yeah I bet this game will flop hard.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@sukraj said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

7/10 is my guess

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#83  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Looks good! I really hope this game has good/credible characters and a good story. Otherwise, and going by gameplay vids alone, it will flop hard.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@AM-Gamer: have you seen the quiet trailer? I was specifically mentioning about character models on the order vs mgs v; and mgs v chars look better

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

Ugh, why can't Cows be more hyped about Bloodborne or Persona 5 than this? Everyone knows the only reason this game is getting attention are the graphics.

Though the crazy steampunk weaponry and story aren't too shabby either. But yeah, the graphics are what's mainly fueling hype for this game.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

This is well and truly the hermit killer, one of the first game that really distances itself from the launch window title graphics and one that comfortably goes beyond games like Crysis 3, Metro or BF4. This will be the Uncharted 1 of PS4.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#87 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@jake44 said:

@sukraj said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

7/10 is my guess

7/10 is a pretty good score.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Out of Order has flop written all over it. :P

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@sukraj said:

@jake44 said:

@sukraj said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

7/10 is my guess

7/10 is a pretty good score.

Never said it was a bad score. Still will be a flop.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@gpuking said:

This is well and truly the hermit killer, one of the first game that really distances itself from the launch window title graphics and one that comfortably goes beyond games like Crysis 3, Metro or BF4. This will be the Uncharted 1 of PS4.

agree but id replace uncharted 1 with 2. it wasnt better than crysis on high+ settings, but it was a game that destroyed what any pc running tech that wasnt over 2x+ more powerful than ps3 could do.