The Order vs FF The Spirit Within graphics

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@remiks00 said:

Lol, why is it always the usual trio of "armchair devs" white-knighting Playstation exclusives in gpuking/m3dude1/giovela2010/m3boarder32's awful troll threads?

well at least 2 of those users are the same person

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Human eyes work a bit different than a camera lense bud

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#53 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@lostrib said:

@remiks00 said:

Lol, why is it always the usual trio of "armchair devs" white-knighting Playstation exclusives in gpuking/m3dude1/giovela2010/m3boarder32's awful troll threads?

well at least 2 of those users are the same person

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I don't see what's wrong with praising the game graphically, it's one of the better ones I've seen from the screenshots. Yes the game is linear (part of how it achieves it) but so are movies so the comparison is fair.

TC didn't mention gameplay so people can shut up it, numerous other threads exists to bash the gameplay. Now if you came out and said Ryse fucks it over then fine.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

There are times where AC Unity on PC looks comparable to The Order 1886, despite being an open world game with hundreds of NPCs on screen (and using a deferred renderer as opposed to the forward+ The Order 1886 uses, making MSAA methods much more hardware intensive). Of course the graphics are much more inconsistant due to the open world nature and NPC pop ins.

RAD definitely nailed the visuals of The Order 1886 though. They are far more consistent. However they went a bit too far for my taste; The black bars, the film grain, the chromatic aberration, the washed out look...

AA is ace in The Order 1886. Hopefully Forward+ will be adapted more in the future because the results are awesome.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#56 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

It's not fair OP. You shouldn't compare cgi movies from 2015 to cgi movies from 2001.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

best thing The Order 1886 apologists can do is instead of creating these various threads with bad damage control, just post some videos of the gameplay, post videos of the gameplay that makes people who watch it go "damn, this game actually looks cool", if the game is worth defending this shouldn't be a problem

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

It would be awesome if we could play this.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@Snugenz said:

Fair enough, but FF: Spirits Within is probably the better movie.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts
Loading Video...

Graphics king.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

So a thread that compares two pieces of crap?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

Don't you wish everything looked blurry as hell with ample noise filter and chromatic aberration.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Nevermind the score or gameplay or whatever, but The Order is visually the most impressive game I have seen so far. Yes, sure, they used some tricks (as someone already outline in this thread) to achieve that look, part of it being the limited scope of the levels. But the result matter, and it's absolutely stunning. It's especially the softness of the image that I dig so much. While other game may also be crazliy detailed, they often just look unnaturally 'sharp'. The Order aspired to look like a (pre-rendered?) movie, and they certainly reached that level of visual quality... and then took the mantra too far.
I got the game out of curiosity. Visually: beyond amazing. Everything else? Meh.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Nightflash28 said:

Nevermind the score or gameplay or whatever, but The Order is visually the most impressive game I have seen so far. Yes, sure, they used some tricks (as someone already outline in this thread) to achieve that look, part of it being the limited scope of the levels. But the result matter, and it's absolutely stunning. It's especially the softness of the image that I dig so much. While other game may also be crazliy detailed, they often just look unnaturally 'sharp'. The Order aspired to look like a (pre-rendered?) movie, and they certainly reached that level of visual quality... and then took the mantra too far.

I got the game out of curiosity. Visually: beyond amazing. Everything else? Meh.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@gpuking said:

The once seemingly impossible for real time graphics Final Fantasy The Spirit Within CGI is pretty much now within spitting distance to be achieved in a video game, yes, with the advance of modern real time graphics technology and GPUs, we can finally be able to cross the boundary and step into a brave new world of offline prerendered CGI, at least the earlier ones. The Playstation 4 exclusive The Order 1886 is one such example. Of course in terms of raw numbers, FF TSW could still be well ahead but what could be perceived through your eyes tells a whole different story. When you carefully blend the right mixture of both tech and art..and a suitable amount of mustache, the end result is of the most revealing!

I think The Order has exceed TSW in some areas such as skin shader, SSS, eye shader and perhaps lighting. At this stage it might be unfair to compare a video game's graphics to The Order, we might have to start to use early CGI movies for comparison.

TSW is still pushing many many many many times more polys and crunching far more complex math, but yes the character models in the order look better for artistic reasons. they are very smartly designed and manage to avoid the uncanny valley unlike TSW.

and it goes without saying that nothing on the pc looks as good as this game.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#66 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

Meh, wake me up when we've achieved 2009's Avatar.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#67  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@sts106mat said:

The order 1886 is graphics king and attention to detail king, eyeball king, cloth sack king, apple king, insides of an airship king, etc etc.

Everything else this year will likely pale in comparison...its that good looking.

Youtube videos cant even give you half the experience

Would say there are only 3-4 games in the same group as The Order.

The score, or even the length is inconsequential to the analysis. What is plain from the playthroughs that I have seen is that the game pacing is extremely slow, it's piped through linear sets, and the control emphasis is all to often wrested from the player on some misguided and insufficient attempt for cinematic approach.

If I were to make a verdict on the gfx, I'd say it's readily apparent from those "downgrade" progression shots is that Ready At Dawn at some point decided to diminish the texture quality and fine detail of the game in favor of a better lighting pass and a finely tuned balance of per-object motion blur paired with almost constant auto-focus dof. If people remember the Immersive Crysis river mod, The Order is doing a finely tuned version of that.

Yes, the game is blurred, but it's a tradeoff that you have to accept it's on a 1.84tflops gpu so that's life, but it looks beautiful. The Order will get a sequel and do even better next time.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@gamecubepad said:

@sts106mat said:

The order 1886 is graphics king and attention to detail king, eyeball king, cloth sack king, apple king, insides of an airship king, etc etc.

Everything else this year will likely pale in comparison...its that good looking.

The score, or even the length is inconsequential to the analysis. What is plain from the playthroughs that I have seen is that the game pacing is extremely slow, it's piped through linear sets, and the control emphasis is all to often wrested from the player on some misguided and insufficient attempt for cinematic approach.

If I were to make a verdict on the gfx, I'd say it's readily apparent from those "downgrade" progression shots is that Ready At Dawn at some point decided to diminish the texture quality and fine detail of the game in favor of a better lighting pass and a finely tuned balance of per-object motion blur paired with almost constant auto-focus dof. If people remember the Immersive Crysis river mod, The Order is doing a finely tuned version of that.

Yes, the game is blurred, but it's a tradeoff that you have to accept it's on a 1.84tflops gpu so that's life, but it looks beautiful. The Order will get a sequel and do even better next time.

There was no downgrade whatsoever only upgrade in the retail version. Texture res is still the same just different lighting scheme, more volumetric lighting and fog (very costly) by the way to simulate more atmosphere. The blur is an artistic choice, certainly not something to cover for the lack of detail or jaggies.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@gpuking said:

@gamecubepad said:

@sts106mat said:

There was no downgrade whatsoever only upgrade in the retail version. Texture res is still the same just different lighting scheme, more volumetric lighting and fog (very costly) by the way to simulate more atmosphere. The blur is an artistic choice, certainly not something to cover for the lack of detail or jaggies.

Dat shilling.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
@Snugenz said:

Fair enough, but FF: Spirits Within is probably the better movie.

Son of a bitch...

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Bu but I thought Crysis 3 was graphics king?? Lmao.

However, there are indeed some more advanced shaders in use with The Order. FF SW is using 2001 tech. But it also has the advantage of higher density polygon meshes used through out as it has ample rendering time. So I'd say it's the modern shaders that make The Order look better than geometric detail.

Ehhh Yeh because it's in-game. Not cinematic bullshit. You even can see hud and stuff. Crysis 3 basically has an in-game CGI quality. So Crysis 3 is definitely better, duh.

/thread

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Crysis 3 looks like hd remaster of last gen. Wtf are people blind? The animation in the order looks two generations ahead of Crysis3.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@gpuking said:

The once seemingly impossible for real time graphics Final Fantasy The Spirit Within CGI is pretty much now within spitting distance to be achieved in a video game, yes, with the advance of modern real time graphics technology and GPUs, we can finally be able to cross the boundary and step into a brave new world of offline prerendered CGI, at least the earlier ones. The Playstation 4 exclusive The Order 1886 is one such example. Of course in terms of raw numbers, FF TSW could still be well ahead but what could be perceived through your eyes tells a whole different story. When you carefully blend the right mixture of both tech and art..and a suitable amount of mustache, the end result is of the most revealing!

I think The Order has exceed TSW in some areas such as skin shader, SSS, eye shader and perhaps lighting. At this stage it might be unfair to compare a video game's graphics to The Order, we might have to start to use early CGI movies for comparison.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Hermits get lost with your PS360 ports lol.

Once again you've been embarrassed by the simple fact that the industry doesn't cater or care about you.

Your Nerdrigs are going to waste; now go play the sims in 4K... lMFAO!

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 gpuking

@napo_sp said:

@gpuking said:

Yeah retail build looks significantly better, what your point?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I do not think that the internal rendering resolution for The Order is 1920x1080 or 1920x800 (with the black bars) as has been led on, it seems much lower than that . While playing there is a constant heavy blur over everything, it's not the fog that the game is littered with, it's a haze over the image itself as if it's being stretched out and upscaled from a 1280x720 range resolution to the 1080p threshold. Nothing in the game looks crisp or sharp, it looks blurred and undefined, as a result the graphical prowess that this engine is capable of takes a serious dive.

On top of this the amount of motion blur is nauseating, if you move the camera even the slightest amount everything in the environment besides the character becomes distorted and hard to read. When you're in fire fights and turning the camera constantly you can't easily make out where people are as this blur just blends everything together. It's also the kind of sloppy motion blur that you can see catch up with you as you stop panning the environment. You know you stop scrolling to look around and the blur is still catching up with you even after you've stopped moving.

This game is not a technical marvel, it's beautiful in a lot of ways but most of what it has to offer is achieved by the way of smoke and mirrors.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Pre alpha build screenshot of Dreadnought

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ben-Buja

@scottpsfan14 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

However, there are indeed some more advanced shaders in use with The Order. FF SW is using 2001 tech. But it also has the advantage of higher density polygon meshes used through out as it has ample rendering time. So I'd say it's the modern shaders that make The Order look better than geometric detail.

Ehhh Yeh because it's in-game. Not cinematic bullshit. You even can see hud and stuff. Crysis 3 basically has an in-game CGI quality. So Crysis 3 is definitely better, duh.

/thread

See that's just the problem with Crysis 3, it looks like a last gen game with an over abundance of post processing. I can literally count the triangles around his bald head and the animations are flat as ****. And look at the rock to the left. Isn't that all of 5 polygons? Of course that stands to reason because those assets were created for 2005 hardware. They just aren't competing with next gen titles. You have Ryse and AC Unity. Those are the titles to combat The Order visually.

People should stop downplaying Crysis 3s visuals. Sure the amount of polygons may be less than modern titles and it doesn't use PBR, but it has a ton of other effects that many new games lack. Volumetric fog that casts shadows, Volumetric smoke w/ shadows that's even affected by explosions, etc. and some of the environments still look great.

Last gen my ass.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Technically it still trounces the order 10 times over.

Nah, it really doesn't.

Yes, it does. I won't put a 800p on rails game game using a decade old forward renderer against it.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By m3dude1

@Ben-Buja: it really does look last gen compared to the order tho. the order looks like cgi. crysis 3 looks like a video game.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ben-Buja

@m3dude1 said:

@Ben-Buja: it really does look last gen compared to the order tho. the order looks like cgi. crysis 3 looks like a video game.

This is last gen:

I agree that The Order 1886 is the closest we got to realtime CGI movie like graphics yet though. That's what you get when developers make a first party title with a big budget that's a graphical showcase first and a game second.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 m3dude1

@Ben-Buja said:

@m3dude1 said:

This is last gen:

I agree that The Order 1886 is the closest we got to realtime CGI movie like graphics yet though. That's what you get when developers make a first party title with a big budget that's a graphical showcase first and a game second.

basically the same thing as crysis 3 then?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ben-Buja

@m3dude1 said:

@Ben-Buja said:

@m3dude1 said:

This is last gen:

basically the same thing as crysis 3 then?

Crysis 3 has actual pretty open environments that can be played through in different ways, comes with a multiplayer and the game length doesn't consist 40% of unskippable cutscenes.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 m3dude1

@Ben-Buja: the multiplayer is god awful and one of the worst multiplayer options ever included in an fps. it has zero merit. the sp isnt any longer than the order. having 2 larger levels at the end of the game doesnt invalidate it being a graphics first title.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ben-Buja

@m3dude1 said:

@Ben-Buja: the multiplayer is god awful and one of the worst multiplayer options ever included in an fps. it has zero merit. the sp isnt any longer than the order. having 2 larger levels at the end of the game doesnt invalidate it being a graphics first title.

That's your opinion. I enjoyed it.

Do you even own the Order 1886 or just come to the forum to fap over its graphics?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@napo_sp said:

Proof that you are as clueless as ****. That was an Alpha build with half of the shaders missing. It lacks shadows. Animations are basic, and there is no AO or anything.

Alpha
Alpha
Final
Final

Yeah, more blur reduced geometry and dat black filter over everything. Oh and just so you know the Alpha gif is actually zoomed in not to mention that the Order got downgraded even after what they showed in the Zeppelin gameplay and the retail version. The skin lacks subsurface scattering in the retail version.

Apart from character models the game has nothing to show for and then even that got downgraded, LEL. 900pStation still chasing that Crysis 2 mark.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 gpuking

Seriously zee gtfo of my thread, we don't need retardation like you and regurgitate your self conjured "900pstation" BS. It's like everyone else sees A and you force yourself to see it as B.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Comparing graphics from today with CG from 10+ years ago isn't exactly fair.

Why not compare it with Avatar and Transformers?

While you are at it why not compare it with some real time tech demo like say this:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

Because they are better movies.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#96 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@gpuking said:

TSW is still pushing many many many many times more polys and crunching far more complex math, but yes the character models in the order look better for artistic reasons. they are very smartly designed and manage to avoid the uncanny valley unlike TSW.

and it goes without saying that nothing on the pc looks as good as this game.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#97  Edited By GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

@AM-Gamer: enjoying??? Your not done?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

Because they are better movies.

"better movies"

"and Tranformers"

ice cold man. ice cold

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:

@zeeshanhaider: You keep thinking that. You honestly will start making yourself actually believe it :) You're a fucking pathological liar.

I don't know who's a pathological liar. The one who goes on to use a zoomed in pic to try to trick people or the one to call that out. I guess, the debate is already over when people start to use these shitty tactics. :D

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Technically it still trounces the order 10 times over.

Nah, it really doesn't.

Yes, it does. I won't put a 800p on rails game game using a decade old forward renderer against it.

Shit, linear game or not, it's likely pushing a lot more polygons to screen at one time to boot. And forward + is no shabby tech. Also, umbra and panumbra shadows are cast with in multiple light sources. The shadows become sharper the closer you get to the light source. This includes all lights in the scene. So you can go off technicallities and on paper tech values, but the end result is more impressive looking than Crysis 3. Honestly, Ryse is on PC. Use that for your ammo lol.

The polygons are only thing going for it. And don't even talk about shadows or that will not gonna end up well.

This game is still a joke compare to Crysis 3's Hybrid deferred renderer. LOL at the baked lighting at 800p. When you can have 14,700 dyanmic lights on a 900pStation come and tell me that next gen has arrived on consoles.

Link

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

And FF Spirit Within is still a better watch