The Order is basically Ryse but for PS4 owners.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LAHMESACKER (6 posts) -

no variety, no dynamic gameplay elements, nothing but a bland cover shooter with nice graphics...nice graphics with a single color palette which I'm sure will get old fast. I've been watching gameplay videos and I'm thoroughly disappointed. The more I see the less I'm interested in it. I think they worked hard on the graphics but forgot that the gameplay is much more important. This will be a tech demo much like how Ryse was. I'm gonna have to cancel my preorder as I no longer care for this game. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by nervmeister (15196 posts) -

I'll let you know when I play it.

#3 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2133 posts) -

Yes. Order will fail

#4 Edited by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

nice thread TC. If only it didn't scream PREJUDICE!

#5 Posted by quakeknight1991 (1129 posts) -

I agree, cover based third person shooters are probably the most formulaic genere ever and not only that, they are literally just a peakaboo minigame. The Order 1886 does have amazing graphics and an awesome setting but we all know all of that is just wasted on a game like this.

#6 Posted by BldgIrsh (1648 posts) -

500 posts. Anyways the difference between both is Ryse was 900p 30 fps while Order will be 800p at 30 fps.

#7 Posted by Promised_Trini (3584 posts) -

@bldgirsh: Where was it said the order would 800P. Please send that link my way.

#8 Posted by FastRobby (1251 posts) -

@bldgirsh: Where was it said the order would 800P. Please send that link my way.

It's 1920x800p, for "cinematic" feel

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

So far most of the 8th Gen Games are behind in the gameplay department. Except for Nintendo ofcourse ! :)

People ought to get their priorities straight.

#10 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4432 posts) -

that makes it sound like ryse's pixel count is larger, however the order's count is 6.67% higher.

1080p is 35% higher than the order.

#11 Edited by tubbyc (3684 posts) -

It will be a good game, possibly great. Variety? It should be there with the usual things like different weapons, weapon upgrades, personal upgrades. The setting is pretty original too, which will make it interesting.

Ryse is a very different sort of game, but also may have been held back by the fact it started out as a Kinect only game.

#12 Posted by Minishdriveby (9761 posts) -

So far most of the 8th Gen Games are behind in the gameplay department. Except for Nintendo ofcourse ! :)

People ought to get their priorities straight.

Their priorities are straight; they just don't align with yours.

#13 Posted by soulitane (13433 posts) -

Doubt it, the game will be solid, just nothing special and will probably be forgotten by the end of the gen.

#14 Posted by lostrib (34646 posts) -

I think people mostly got excited for the game setting, and the graphics, not so much for the gameplay

#15 Edited by parkurtommo (26515 posts) -

I saw some pretty cool weapon variety in the gameplay trailer already. I don't think this is the QTE fest that was Ryse.

#16 Edited by lglz1337 (3138 posts) -

@bldgirsh: you know that the order has more pixels than Ryse ? silly lem!

also remember the same BS about TLOU.. LOL

#17 Posted by Gamerno6666 (540 posts) -

Aaaand this thread is not locked yet....

CHARIZARD. I choose you.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@Minishdriveby

And now they must face the consequences... :p

They wanted graphics.... Well.... they got'em.... Hahahaha !

#19 Posted by SolidTy (42470 posts) -

I'm looking forward to trying it or at least reading the reviews.

I can say the developer has a good, if not great, track record.

#20 Edited by super600 (30317 posts) -

Sorry Tc, but you need to have 500 posts to create a thread on SW.