The Order dominates everyone in graphics at Gamescom 2014

#501 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@Snugenz: MK professor just said they looked better and he's a raging hermit.

Second I don't need to calm downnim simply stating facts. SC does not look better . Is it a far more demanding game on hardware? Yes because of its scale. But do you honestly wanna sitvyhere and tell me the TPS footage of SC exceeds the Order? Lol really?

Why are you limiting SC to the TPS footage?, SC is a far more graphically advanced game than The Order, the TPS section is a minor part of the game atm and will be polished significantly before launch. That said it will absolutely look better than the Order when it's finished.

Also, one person =/= an entire fanbase. Cows are pretty much the scum of the gaming community but it wouldn't be right to judge them based on one or two peoples actions.

#502 Edited by AM-Gamer (4037 posts) -

@Snugenz: Because it's hard to compare ships in space to werewolves in 18th century London. And no the SC will never look as good as the order. Char models in the order are probably pushing 4x the polycount. You know why? Because it's on a much smaller scale. I agree that SC is more demanding as it has high quality visuals especially for such a large game. But you won't see a game for another 5 years that matches the orders visuals with the scale of SC.

#503 Posted by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

he also listed hitman, witcher 2, sleeping dogs......lol. not to mention all the other threads where all the other hermits make similar statements.

#504 Edited by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@MK-Professor: You think hitman on pc looks better then the order ? LMAO God hermits never cease to amaze me. And no I doubt your pc would be running it at that res. It would be far more demanding then your 360 ports. But by your standards Pac man on PC looks better then every thing.

Overall yes it dose look and play better.

@m3dude1 said:
@MK-Professor said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol your 7950s in sli arent running those games maxed at 60 fps. try again newb

Well if I was running 2 HD7950’s in SLI then indeed I will be newb, but that is not the case because I ran them in CF. Also I have them OC to HD7970GHz/R9 280X level, so we are talking about same serious power here beyond what a single GTX780TI/TITAN can achieve.

yeah crossfire, congrats u pointed out a simple mistake. a 780ti at 1.2 ghz(my card) is going to beat your cards in most scenarios and im NOWHERE NEAR being able to play modern games at 1440p maxed 60 fps.

@Snugenz do you even read?

And I have to believe you now that you can play modern games? Because I can.

#505 Edited by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

every benchmark on the web disproves your statement. just went and checked 280x benchmarks(even tho your cards probably arent even at that level)

#506 Edited by AM-Gamer (4037 posts) -

@m3dude1: He just said Hit man looked better then the Order LMFAO. Hes as bad as Zeeshainder and Robocopisjesus.

I must not feed the troll.

#507 Edited by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

lol yeah, monsier-x and mdma are pretty hilarious as well.

#508 Posted by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -

The whole argument leads to one thing, consol gamers insulting respectable GS users.

Classic...

#509 Edited by ShutUpFanboys (55 posts) -

the game looks fantastic, graphically it looks on par maybe even better than Ryse. But will the game play like Ryse also? If you look at the gameplay it doesn't look as good as the cut scenes. Hopefully the game play is as stunning as the graphics.

#510 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/07/RTV_Behind-The-Scenes_Final.mp4

All the cows mowing about assets animations etc in the genre. Well, take that then and unlike The Prebaked Order 800p everything is completely realtime and it's also coming with 4K support on PC.

Just so you know that technology is avialble since 2012, let the cows DC begin.

#511 Edited by gpuking (2888 posts) -

It's really not far fetched to say The Order rivals high end CGI such as the one from Witcher 3. We're definitely inching closer to that level now with complex lighting, shading, high polycount, textures and cloth physics found in The Order.

Star Citizen on the other hand however..

damn embarrassing lol. You can 4k all you want but what good is it if the graphics are subpar.

#512 Edited by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

@MK-Professor said:

The whole argument leads to one thing, consol gamers insulting respectable GS users.

Classic...

#513 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

And just like you see, cows avoided my post like a plague. LoL CGI like at prebaked 800p, the difference in poly counts is easily millions.

#514 Posted by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

@gpuking said:

It's really not far fetched to say The Order rivals high end CGI such as the one from Witcher 3. We're definitely inching closer to that level now with complex lighting, shading, high polycount, textures and cloth physics found in The Order.

Star Citizen on the other hand however..

damn embarrassing lol. You can 4k all you want but what good is it if the graphics are subpar.

this is thread worthy. herms will have a stroke

#515 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@gpuking said:

It's really not far fetched to say The Order rivals high end CGI such as the one from Witcher 3. We're definitely inching closer to that level now with complex lighting, shading, high polycount, textures and cloth physics found in The Order.

Star Citizen on the other hand however..

damn embarrassing lol. You can 4k all you want but what good is it if the graphics are subpar.

this is thread worthy. herms will have a stroke

Looks far more clear to me than a blurry 800p crap.

#516 Edited by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider

#517 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@zeeshanhaider

I know it's hilarious, that even in 800p@10FPS with everything prebaked it still doesn't look that sharp. On the other hand.

http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/07/RTV_Behind-The-Scenes_Final.mp4

It's coming in 4K in realtime. ;) Not that I care about that shit. But hey a worthy competitor to onrails shit like the Order 800p.

Sony drones DC commencing in 3...2...1... Oh snap....they are already filled 11 pages with it.

#518 Posted by WallofTruth (1746 posts) -

@MK-Professor said:
@walloftruth said:

1440p/60FPS isn't even now a standard for PC gamers, let alone in 2012. Only very few people can afford such an expensive computer plus some games can't even be played in 1440p/60FPS, like Crysis 3, even with a GTX Titan/780 the game has trouble staying at 40FPS on 1440p. You'd probably need dual Titans for 1440p/60FPS and upcoming games will be even more taxing than Crysis 3, yeah dat standard.

I actually I do play all my games at 1440p/60FPS from 2012, the same goes for all my friends (not console games friends of course). And is not as expensive as you think, I have my two CF HD7950 OC to 7970GHz/280X speeds, and it only cost me slightly above PS4 price and that was more than 2 years ago (16 months before the PS4 release date), now you can get 2 7950 (equivalent now to R9 280) for less than PS4 price and it will give you more than 8 TFLOPS(if OC like my) of power compared to only 1.84TFLOPS of PS4 LOL.

My point was that it's not the standard for PC gaming as a whole but your two OCed cards sound pretty awesome, I have a 760 and I'm looking for an upgrade, so I'll take those dual CF HD7950 into consideration, though I never had an ATI card.

#519 Posted by WallofTruth (1746 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Snugenz said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Snugenz said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. One person said DS3 looked better, but all of a sudden it's "they". How long are you gonna play that victim card, oh wait, you're a cow...

Listen. The Order looks good graphically. And because of this, Lems and Hermits like to downplay it by mentioning black bars and 30fps. They can't just appreciate the games visuals.

I'm not saying it's the absolute best graphics human eyes will ever witness, but for it's genre it's raising the visual bar. I am seriously curious as to what game looks better than it for it's genre.

I don't care if it's the best looking game ever, i have a PS4 i can play it if i so choose to. What i find amusing are the fanboys claiming it's the best looking game ever (not just in the genre) and those same fanboys buying that bullshit about the 1920x800 res being a "design decision". It was a decision alright, a decision that had to be made because of hardware limitations.

And thats were it all gets silly, we all know (even the fanboys) that the PS4 is a limited piece of tech, claiming the Order has to adopt a silly res because of that limitation isn't some great insult to Sony or the PS4.

Just saying that they could have went for full 1080p and used SMAA and it would of actually performed better. I would have rather them do that.

Yes, this, so much of this. I'm still on the verge if I should buy the game because I find black bars very annoying, especially in movies.

#520 Edited by Heirren (17349 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@mikhail said:

@Heirren said:

@mikhail said:

@Heirren said:

I've said it earlier but people need to actually play the game before commenting on the resolution. First, 99 percent of tvs are 16:9. This aspect ratio does not coincide with all films. In fact, most are NOT 16:9. I know a game is not a film, but the reason directors will use a wider ratio is because it allows for more dynamic shots, etc. In regards to gameplay it can open, pull back the camera a bit, and offer a much greater field of vision. PC gamers are the ones ragging on this game the most, yet they should know best about resolutions and aspect ratios. Am I the only one that, back in the day of of 4:3 monitors, would pick the resolutions that opened up the games vision a bit?

You've got it completely wrong. You're referring to FOV - Field of View - and this is completely independent from a game's resolution or aspect ratio. Reducing FOV by "zooming in" is yet another trick used by devs to reduce the amount of processing power needed to render scenes in games. The lower your FOV is, the less horsepower is needed. The "cinematic bars" are used in conjunction with reducing FOV to allow the game to even run at 30fps...that's the whole point of what we're saying.

Read between the lines a little and you'll see what I'm saying is true. Your blind fanboyism is the only thing that's preventing you from using logic and reason to understand that you're gobbling up PR speak like it's the first meal you've had in weeks.

I don't have it wrong. I opened up by saying that the game needs to be played in order for their to be comments on whether or not this aspect ratio actually does something for the game. The aspect ratio relating to what I had said is potentially true, depending on what the developers do. I'm not claiming anyone to be wrong here, simply that people may be jumpng to conclusions.

Also I'm not a fanboy. Stop saying that it is getting stale.

It's also potentially true that Sasquatch exists, although not very likely. It's also possible, but not likely, that The Order's resolution was only an aesthetic choice to make the game look more "filmic" and not a direct result of the PS4's hardware being underpowered as hell.

Have to agree with Mikhail here. Movies have black bars because the films have a wider aspect ratio than 16x9. These movies cut nothing off the top and bottom but give you more on the sides. The Order is not doing that.

Well if we know for sure that the game does not utilize the wider aspect ratio as I said, then I agree with you all as well.

-I suspected that the game was going for a seamless look. That perhaps a cutscene would be going on and never wanted to break interaction, keeping players on their toes.

-In doing this I also thought they'd use the camera in a few different ways, given the ration.

Of course I have also suspected the weaker hardware. It is just that I have not played the game so I don't really know.

#521 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Vaasman said:

@scottpsfan14: Calling it "best looking in genre" is a bit asinine. Considering it has absolutely no TPS's this gen to compete against, all you're basically saying is it's better than nothing.

That's part of my point. The Order is more graphically advanced than any TPS even released on PC so far. Yes it's in another generation, but that doesn't stop people from thinking Crysis 3 (las gen game) is better graphicas than anything the PS4/XB1 will ever achieve.

All I'm saying is that it's raising the bar in the genre visually. Future TPS will use it as the thing to beat in visuals. It's 8th gen graphics. Gears Of War is 7th gen graphics. And I'm sure you see the graphical leap.

#522 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@zeeshanhaider said:

http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/07/RTV_Behind-The-Scenes_Final.mp4

All the cows mowing about assets animations etc in the genre. Well, take that then and unlike The Prebaked Order 800p everything is completely realtime and it's also coming with 4K support on PC.

Just so you know that technology is avialble since 2012, let the cows DC begin.

I guess Ryse automatically shoots to the top for you since it's Crytek and now on PC. Yeah. Typical. Do you still stand by Crysis 3 being the more advanced game?

#523 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/07/RTV_Behind-The-Scenes_Final.mp4

All the cows mowing about assets animations etc in the genre. Well, take that then and unlike The Prebaked Order 800p everything is completely realtime and it's also coming with 4K support on PC.

Just so you know that technology is avialble since 2012, let the cows DC begin.

I guess Ryse automatically shoots to the top for you since it's Crytek and now on PC. Yeah. Typical. Do you still stand by Crysis 3 being the more advanced game?

Crysis 3 is still the most advanced game apart from the cutscenes if they don't pre-render it. As you can see, on PC it's perfectly capable of doing it in real time. Can you deny what I posted is below anything you have seen so far?

#524 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/07/RTV_Behind-The-Scenes_Final.mp4

All the cows mowing about assets animations etc in the genre. Well, take that then and unlike The Prebaked Order 800p everything is completely realtime and it's also coming with 4K support on PC.

Just so you know that technology is avialble since 2012, let the cows DC begin.

I guess Ryse automatically shoots to the top for you since it's Crytek and now on PC. Yeah. Typical. Do you still stand by Crysis 3 being the more advanced game?

Crysis 3 is still the most advanced game apart from the cutscenes if they don't pre-render it. As you can see, on PC it's perfectly capable of doing it in real time. Can you deny what I posted is below anything you have seen so far?

I don't have to deny anything because PC is the best platform and I acknowledge it. Also Ryse uses the same models in game as in pre rendered cutscenes. Ryse has a shit load going on at once in terms of geometry and animation. Even in game. Just look at some of the videos. They might as well take advantage of some of the tech used in Crysis 3 since it's on PC too. Whether they will is unknown.

That said, in pure asthetics, The Order looks great. You can deny it. But I'm just keeping it real. Might not have full real time GI, but the geometric detail in everything impresses me and the use of PBR and how light reflects on glass and other objects looks insanely good. A shame they are using a 1920x800 image buffer though :( I'd rather have 1080p with SMAA.

Of course PC is capable of rendering Ryse Cutscenes in real time. They were pre-rendered on PC's probably. I also am aware that GCN and Keplar tech has been available since 2012. But no developer had the budge to tap into a full development of a DX11 class game. Even Crysis 3 has a work around to run on DX9/DX10 GPU's. You wont be able to say the same for Ryse since it never took into account DX9 in the first place and is using Shader Model 5 tech from the ground up.

#525 Edited by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

they will probably be prerendered on pc too. quicker to port

#526 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/07/RTV_Behind-The-Scenes_Final.mp4

All the cows mowing about assets animations etc in the genre. Well, take that then and unlike The Prebaked Order 800p everything is completely realtime and it's also coming with 4K support on PC.

Just so you know that technology is avialble since 2012, let the cows DC begin.

I guess Ryse automatically shoots to the top for you since it's Crytek and now on PC. Yeah. Typical. Do you still stand by Crysis 3 being the more advanced game?

Crysis 3 is still the most advanced game apart from the cutscenes if they don't pre-render it. As you can see, on PC it's perfectly capable of doing it in real time. Can you deny what I posted is below anything you have seen so far?

I don't have to deny anything because PC is the best platform and I acknowledge it. Also Ryse uses the same models in game as in pre rendered cutscenes. Ryse has a shit load going on at once in terms of geometry and animation. Even in game. Just look at some of the videos. They might as well take advantage of some of the tech used in Crysis 3 since it's on PC too. Whether they will is unknown.

That said, in pure asthetics, The Order looks great. You can deny it. But I'm just keeping it real. Might not have full real time GI, but the geometric detail in everything impresses me and the use of PBR and how light reflects on glass and other objects looks insanely good. A shame they are using a 1920x800 image buffer though :( I'd rather have 1080p with SMAA.

Of course PC is capable of rendering Ryse Cutscenes in real time. They were pre-rendered on PC's probably. I also am aware that GCN and Keplar tech has been available since 2012. But no developer had the budge to tap into a full development of a DX11 class game. Even Crysis 3 has a work around to run on DX9/DX10 GPU's. You wont be able to say the same for Ryse since it never took into account DX9 in the first place and is using Shader Model 5 tech from the ground up.

I have never denied that the Order looks great. It's just that the cows over hyping its technical features, I'm sorry technically Order is nothing special, the tech it is using is just 2007 tech apart from PBR no matter how much cows do DC over it. Aesthetics are purely subjective, I never get into it. The only reason I shared this video is because the cows were continuously switching goal posts and flip flopping the arguments about character models and animations. Ryse is fair contender in that department, while doing everything realtime. What excuse do cows have now? Wonder if they call Ryse CGI too. Waiting for their new goal post.

By the way, technically Star Citizen murders everything in its path.

#527 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

it's really strange to see the PC falling behind the ps4 in graphical prowess of games. Perhaps this is the PCs moment to shine and make its come back.

#528 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/07/RTV_Behind-The-Scenes_Final.mp4

All the cows mowing about assets animations etc in the genre. Well, take that then and unlike The Prebaked Order 800p everything is completely realtime and it's also coming with 4K support on PC.

Just so you know that technology is avialble since 2012, let the cows DC begin.

I guess Ryse automatically shoots to the top for you since it's Crytek and now on PC. Yeah. Typical. Do you still stand by Crysis 3 being the more advanced game?

Crysis 3 is still the most advanced game apart from the cutscenes if they don't pre-render it. As you can see, on PC it's perfectly capable of doing it in real time. Can you deny what I posted is below anything you have seen so far?

I don't have to deny anything because PC is the best platform and I acknowledge it. Also Ryse uses the same models in game as in pre rendered cutscenes. Ryse has a shit load going on at once in terms of geometry and animation. Even in game. Just look at some of the videos. They might as well take advantage of some of the tech used in Crysis 3 since it's on PC too. Whether they will is unknown.

That said, in pure asthetics, The Order looks great. You can deny it. But I'm just keeping it real. Might not have full real time GI, but the geometric detail in everything impresses me and the use of PBR and how light reflects on glass and other objects looks insanely good. A shame they are using a 1920x800 image buffer though :( I'd rather have 1080p with SMAA.

Of course PC is capable of rendering Ryse Cutscenes in real time. They were pre-rendered on PC's probably. I also am aware that GCN and Keplar tech has been available since 2012. But no developer had the budge to tap into a full development of a DX11 class game. Even Crysis 3 has a work around to run on DX9/DX10 GPU's. You wont be able to say the same for Ryse since it never took into account DX9 in the first place and is using Shader Model 5 tech from the ground up.

I have never denied that the Order looks great. It's just that the cows over hyping its technical features, I'm sorry technically Order is nothing special, the tech it is using is just 2007 tech apart from PBR no matter how much cows do DC over it. Aesthetics are purely subjective, I never get into it. The only reason I shared this video is because the cows were continuously switching goal posts and flip flopping the arguments about character models and animations. Ryse is fair contender in that department, while doing everything realtime. What excuse do cows have now? Waiting for their new goal post. By the way, technically Star Citizen murders everything in its path.

Star Citizen is like what Crysis 1 was for it's generation. Yes. But 2007 tech for The Order? What TPS has better visuals that you have seen? Out of pure interest?

You keep trying to defend PC but you really don't have to. You mentioned Star Citizen purely out of defense. No one will deny PC is more powerful and capable than consoles ever could be. It would be illogical to argue anything else. Just saying that The Order is not a 2007 game in technical graphics. So Gears of War 2 is just as advanced?

You get into a hate filled frenzy over Sony first party. They have some good games there. But then so does Xbox and Nintendo. Of course Cows overhype their games. So does all fandoms. And yes, gpuking does like to hype Sony 1st party graphics all the damn time. I was with him when arguing against 360 ports, but not when he makes claims that Star Citizen looks un impressive.

What do you think is better, Ryse pre rendered cutscenes, or the Uncharted 4 trailer?

#529 Posted by gameofthering (10321 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

it's really strange to see the PC falling behind the ps4 in graphical prowess of games. Perhaps this is the PCs moment to shine and make its come back.

Have people stopped asking for your PSN ID?

#530 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't have to deny anything because PC is the best platform and I acknowledge it. Also Ryse uses the same models in game as in pre rendered cutscenes. Ryse has a shit load going on at once in terms of geometry and animation. Even in game. Just look at some of the videos. They might as well take advantage of some of the tech used in Crysis 3 since it's on PC too. Whether they will is unknown.

That said, in pure asthetics, The Order looks great. You can deny it. But I'm just keeping it real. Might not have full real time GI, but the geometric detail in everything impresses me and the use of PBR and how light reflects on glass and other objects looks insanely good. A shame they are using a 1920x800 image buffer though :( I'd rather have 1080p with SMAA.

Of course PC is capable of rendering Ryse Cutscenes in real time. They were pre-rendered on PC's probably. I also am aware that GCN and Keplar tech has been available since 2012. But no developer had the budge to tap into a full development of a DX11 class game. Even Crysis 3 has a work around to run on DX9/DX10 GPU's. You wont be able to say the same for Ryse since it never took into account DX9 in the first place and is using Shader Model 5 tech from the ground up.

I have never denied that the Order looks great. It's just that the cows over hyping its technical features, I'm sorry technically Order is nothing special, the tech it is using is just 2007 tech apart from PBR no matter how much cows do DC over it. Aesthetics are purely subjective, I never get into it. The only reason I shared this video is because the cows were continuously switching goal posts and flip flopping the arguments about character models and animations. Ryse is fair contender in that department, while doing everything realtime. What excuse do cows have now? Waiting for their new goal post. By the way, technically Star Citizen murders everything in its path.

Star Citizen is like what Crysis 1 was for it's generation. Yes. But 2007 tech for The Order? What TPS has better visuals that you have seen? Out of pure interest?

You keep trying to defend PC but you really don't have to. You mentioned Star Citizen purely out of defense. No one will deny PC is more powerful and capable than consoles ever could be. It would be illogical to argue anything else. Just saying that The Order is not a 2007 game in technical graphics. So Gears of War 2 is just as advanced?

You get into a hate filled frenzy over Sony first party. They have some good games there. But then so does Xbox and Nintendo. Of course Cows overhype their games. So does all fandoms. And yes, gpuking does like to hype Sony 1st party graphics all the damn time. I was with him when arguing against 360 ports, but not when he makes claims that Star Citizen looks un impressive.

What do you think is better, Ryse pre rendered cutscenes, or the Uncharted 4 trailer?

Yes, it is 2007 tech. Apart from using high polygons for characters what else is new? The forward rendering tech is as ancient as I remember. Lightmaps....checked. Physics......Prebaked. Linear close environements? QTE fest? onrails? All check. Cloth Physics? How old is actually Phsyx on PC or hell even Havok can do that for ages.

And no, if you are asking me have I seen any TPS that looks as gorgeous as The Order, then my answer will be no.

Well, I haven't seen any Ryse cutscenes to be frankly speaking. But Knowing Crytek and their tech, if done realtime, as this little tech teaser has shown, I'm fairly confident they will be technically superior to UC4's "in-engine" rendered trailer.

#531 Posted by Pray_to_me (2875 posts) -

Eww that Star Citizen screen sure looks shitty. No wonder they've been avoiding showing actual gameplay footage. Looks like PC is gonna be graphically behind PS4 all gen long, but let's be serious, PC is for making spreadsheets. If you want to game you need a console.

#532 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't have to deny anything because PC is the best platform and I acknowledge it. Also Ryse uses the same models in game as in pre rendered cutscenes. Ryse has a shit load going on at once in terms of geometry and animation. Even in game. Just look at some of the videos. They might as well take advantage of some of the tech used in Crysis 3 since it's on PC too. Whether they will is unknown.

That said, in pure asthetics, The Order looks great. You can deny it. But I'm just keeping it real. Might not have full real time GI, but the geometric detail in everything impresses me and the use of PBR and how light reflects on glass and other objects looks insanely good. A shame they are using a 1920x800 image buffer though :( I'd rather have 1080p with SMAA.

Of course PC is capable of rendering Ryse Cutscenes in real time. They were pre-rendered on PC's probably. I also am aware that GCN and Keplar tech has been available since 2012. But no developer had the budge to tap into a full development of a DX11 class game. Even Crysis 3 has a work around to run on DX9/DX10 GPU's. You wont be able to say the same for Ryse since it never took into account DX9 in the first place and is using Shader Model 5 tech from the ground up.

I have never denied that the Order looks great. It's just that the cows over hyping its technical features, I'm sorry technically Order is nothing special, the tech it is using is just 2007 tech apart from PBR no matter how much cows do DC over it. Aesthetics are purely subjective, I never get into it. The only reason I shared this video is because the cows were continuously switching goal posts and flip flopping the arguments about character models and animations. Ryse is fair contender in that department, while doing everything realtime. What excuse do cows have now? Waiting for their new goal post. By the way, technically Star Citizen murders everything in its path.

Star Citizen is like what Crysis 1 was for it's generation. Yes. But 2007 tech for The Order? What TPS has better visuals that you have seen? Out of pure interest?

You keep trying to defend PC but you really don't have to. You mentioned Star Citizen purely out of defense. No one will deny PC is more powerful and capable than consoles ever could be. It would be illogical to argue anything else. Just saying that The Order is not a 2007 game in technical graphics. So Gears of War 2 is just as advanced?

You get into a hate filled frenzy over Sony first party. They have some good games there. But then so does Xbox and Nintendo. Of course Cows overhype their games. So does all fandoms. And yes, gpuking does like to hype Sony 1st party graphics all the damn time. I was with him when arguing against 360 ports, but not when he makes claims that Star Citizen looks un impressive.

What do you think is better, Ryse pre rendered cutscenes, or the Uncharted 4 trailer?

Yes, it is 2007 tech. Apart from using high polygons for characters what else is new? The forward rendering tech is as ancient as I remember. Lightmaps....checked. Physics......Prebaked. Linear close environements? QTE fest? onrails? All check. Cloth Physics? How old is actually Phsyx on PC or hell even Havok can do that for ages.

And no, if you are asking me have I seen any TPS that looks as gorgeous as The Order, then my answer will be no.

Well, I haven't seen any Ryse cutscenes to be frankly speaking. But Knowing Crytek and their tech, if done realtime, as this little tech teaser has shown, I'm fairly confident they will be technically superior to UC4's "in-engine" rendered trailer.

What is Ryse doing on PC that it isn't doing on XB1? Apart from resolution and AA? Also, The Order does indeed use pre baked light maps in places, but there is also real time dynamic lighting there. And the light reacts to surfaces more realistically than games in the past. Just look at glass reflection and light hitting it on the game. Or reflections in general. If the tech has been around since 2007, then The Order is using it in ways that was either not financially possible at the time, or in some super duper way no body ever thought of.

Hardware Physx isn't in the PS4. But rather software Physx licenced by Nvidia. The GPGPU handles the physics on PS4 games (if the developer makes use of it). The PS4's GPGPU far exceeds the desktop 7850 GPGPU. With 8 ACE's. It is actually comparable to the R9 290X GPGPU compute. So physics and particles can be handled by the GPU. Check out Resogun to see the use of the PS4's GPGPU. The amount of voxels on screen, each with their own physics. And at a solid 60fps. This stuff is not tech from 2007. And no doubt The Order will tap into such tech for cloth physics just like Infamous does for particles and cloth physics.

I understand what you say about Crytek. Their engine really is a good one. And it is by all accounts '2 years ahead' of UE4. But sometimes real time everything doesn't make the biggest asthetic difference. The biggest enhancement to lighting is PBR. Devs all over say this. Crytek say this. And you can tell straight away when it's used. nThe way everything reacts to light properly. And things like the cook torrence effect happening in real time and not pre determied. Basically, how ever light acts in reality, it acts in the game. Since it obides by the laws of physics.

Also, what is your stance on DriveClub? It has real time dynamic GI, volumetric clouds with light defusion, PBR, super detailed cars and environments. High texture detail. It has more real time tech than any PS exclusive ever made. Does this mean it's more technically advanced than The Order?

#533 Posted by scatteh316 (4961 posts) -

Did you just say that PS4's compute is comparible to an R9 290x? LMFAO.... It's barely any better then a desktop 7850.

#534 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't have to deny anything because PC is the best platform and I acknowledge it. Also Ryse uses the same models in game as in pre rendered cutscenes. Ryse has a shit load going on at once in terms of geometry and animation. Even in game. Just look at some of the videos. They might as well take advantage of some of the tech used in Crysis 3 since it's on PC too. Whether they will is unknown.

That said, in pure asthetics, The Order looks great. You can deny it. But I'm just keeping it real. Might not have full real time GI, but the geometric detail in everything impresses me and the use of PBR and how light reflects on glass and other objects looks insanely good. A shame they are using a 1920x800 image buffer though :( I'd rather have 1080p with SMAA.

Of course PC is capable of rendering Ryse Cutscenes in real time. They were pre-rendered on PC's probably. I also am aware that GCN and Keplar tech has been available since 2012. But no developer had the budge to tap into a full development of a DX11 class game. Even Crysis 3 has a work around to run on DX9/DX10 GPU's. You wont be able to say the same for Ryse since it never took into account DX9 in the first place and is using Shader Model 5 tech from the ground up.

I have never denied that the Order looks great. It's just that the cows over hyping its technical features, I'm sorry technically Order is nothing special, the tech it is using is just 2007 tech apart from PBR no matter how much cows do DC over it. Aesthetics are purely subjective, I never get into it. The only reason I shared this video is because the cows were continuously switching goal posts and flip flopping the arguments about character models and animations. Ryse is fair contender in that department, while doing everything realtime. What excuse do cows have now? Waiting for their new goal post. By the way, technically Star Citizen murders everything in its path.

Star Citizen is like what Crysis 1 was for it's generation. Yes. But 2007 tech for The Order? What TPS has better visuals that you have seen? Out of pure interest?

You keep trying to defend PC but you really don't have to. You mentioned Star Citizen purely out of defense. No one will deny PC is more powerful and capable than consoles ever could be. It would be illogical to argue anything else. Just saying that The Order is not a 2007 game in technical graphics. So Gears of War 2 is just as advanced?

You get into a hate filled frenzy over Sony first party. They have some good games there. But then so does Xbox and Nintendo. Of course Cows overhype their games. So does all fandoms. And yes, gpuking does like to hype Sony 1st party graphics all the damn time. I was with him when arguing against 360 ports, but not when he makes claims that Star Citizen looks un impressive.

What do you think is better, Ryse pre rendered cutscenes, or the Uncharted 4 trailer?

Yes, it is 2007 tech. Apart from using high polygons for characters what else is new? The forward rendering tech is as ancient as I remember. Lightmaps....checked. Physics......Prebaked. Linear close environements? QTE fest? onrails? All check. Cloth Physics? How old is actually Phsyx on PC or hell even Havok can do that for ages.

And no, if you are asking me have I seen any TPS that looks as gorgeous as The Order, then my answer will be no.

Well, I haven't seen any Ryse cutscenes to be frankly speaking. But Knowing Crytek and their tech, if done realtime, as this little tech teaser has shown, I'm fairly confident they will be technically superior to UC4's "in-engine" rendered trailer.

What is Ryse doing on PC that it isn't doing on XB1? Apart from resolution and AA? Also, The Order does indeed use pre baked light maps in places, but there is also real time dynamic lighting there. And the light reacts to surfaces more realistically than games in the past. Just look at glass reflection and light hitting it on the game. Or reflections in general. If the tech has been around since 2007, then The Order is using it in ways that was either not financially possible at the time, or in some super duper way no body ever thought of.

Hardware Physx isn't in the PS4. But rather software Physx licenced by Nvidia. The GPGPU handles the physics on PS4 games (if the developer makes use of it). The PS4's GPGPU far exceeds the desktop 7850 GPGPU. With 8 ACE's. It is actually comparable to the R9 290X GPGPU compute. So physics and particles can be handled by the GPU. Check out Resogun to see the use of the PS4's GPGPU. The amount of voxels on screen, each with their own physics. And at a solid 60fps. This stuff is not tech from 2007. And no doubt The Order will tap into such tech for cloth physics just like Infamous does for particles and cloth physics.

I understand what you say about Crytek. Their engine really is a good one. And it is by all accounts '2 years ahead' of UE4. But sometimes real time everything doesn't make the biggest asthetic difference. The biggest enhancement to lighting is PBR. Devs all over say this. Crytek say this. And you can tell straight away when it's used. nThe way everything reacts to light properly. And things like the cook torrence effect happening in real time and not pre determied. Basically, how ever light acts in reality, it acts in the game. Since it obides by the laws of physics.

Also, what is your stance on DriveClub? It has real time dynamic GI, volumetric clouds with light defusion, PBR, super detailed cars and environments. High texture detail. It has more real time tech than any PS exclusive ever made. Does this mean it's more technically advanced than The Order?

Ryse isn't doing cutscenes realtime on X1 and if you ask me I would Ryse > The Order. Fact is this tech was there and many games did indeed use it including, Mafia 2 if I remember correctly...Yeah, definitely Mafia 2 with Physx enabled already had it on PC. The tech wa there, it wasn't used because consoles were incapable of it. I'm sure many other PC games already used it.

Drive Club? I haven't even seen it, because I'm not in racing games, but if what you're saying is true then, yes, it will indeed be superior to the Order.

#535 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't have to deny anything because PC is the best platform and I acknowledge it. Also Ryse uses the same models in game as in pre rendered cutscenes. Ryse has a shit load going on at once in terms of geometry and animation. Even in game. Just look at some of the videos. They might as well take advantage of some of the tech used in Crysis 3 since it's on PC too. Whether they will is unknown.

That said, in pure asthetics, The Order looks great. You can deny it. But I'm just keeping it real. Might not have full real time GI, but the geometric detail in everything impresses me and the use of PBR and how light reflects on glass and other objects looks insanely good. A shame they are using a 1920x800 image buffer though :( I'd rather have 1080p with SMAA.

Of course PC is capable of rendering Ryse Cutscenes in real time. They were pre-rendered on PC's probably. I also am aware that GCN and Keplar tech has been available since 2012. But no developer had the budge to tap into a full development of a DX11 class game. Even Crysis 3 has a work around to run on DX9/DX10 GPU's. You wont be able to say the same for Ryse since it never took into account DX9 in the first place and is using Shader Model 5 tech from the ground up.

I have never denied that the Order looks great. It's just that the cows over hyping its technical features, I'm sorry technically Order is nothing special, the tech it is using is just 2007 tech apart from PBR no matter how much cows do DC over it. Aesthetics are purely subjective, I never get into it. The only reason I shared this video is because the cows were continuously switching goal posts and flip flopping the arguments about character models and animations. Ryse is fair contender in that department, while doing everything realtime. What excuse do cows have now? Waiting for their new goal post. By the way, technically Star Citizen murders everything in its path.

Star Citizen is like what Crysis 1 was for it's generation. Yes. But 2007 tech for The Order? What TPS has better visuals that you have seen? Out of pure interest?

You keep trying to defend PC but you really don't have to. You mentioned Star Citizen purely out of defense. No one will deny PC is more powerful and capable than consoles ever could be. It would be illogical to argue anything else. Just saying that The Order is not a 2007 game in technical graphics. So Gears of War 2 is just as advanced?

You get into a hate filled frenzy over Sony first party. They have some good games there. But then so does Xbox and Nintendo. Of course Cows overhype their games. So does all fandoms. And yes, gpuking does like to hype Sony 1st party graphics all the damn time. I was with him when arguing against 360 ports, but not when he makes claims that Star Citizen looks un impressive.

What do you think is better, Ryse pre rendered cutscenes, or the Uncharted 4 trailer?

Yes, it is 2007 tech. Apart from using high polygons for characters what else is new? The forward rendering tech is as ancient as I remember. Lightmaps....checked. Physics......Prebaked. Linear close environements? QTE fest? onrails? All check. Cloth Physics? How old is actually Phsyx on PC or hell even Havok can do that for ages.

And no, if you are asking me have I seen any TPS that looks as gorgeous as The Order, then my answer will be no.

Well, I haven't seen any Ryse cutscenes to be frankly speaking. But Knowing Crytek and their tech, if done realtime, as this little tech teaser has shown, I'm fairly confident they will be technically superior to UC4's "in-engine" rendered trailer.

What is Ryse doing on PC that it isn't doing on XB1? Apart from resolution and AA? Also, The Order does indeed use pre baked light maps in places, but there is also real time dynamic lighting there. And the light reacts to surfaces more realistically than games in the past. Just look at glass reflection and light hitting it on the game. Or reflections in general. If the tech has been around since 2007, then The Order is using it in ways that was either not financially possible at the time, or in some super duper way no body ever thought of.

Hardware Physx isn't in the PS4. But rather software Physx licenced by Nvidia. The GPGPU handles the physics on PS4 games (if the developer makes use of it). The PS4's GPGPU far exceeds the desktop 7850 GPGPU. With 8 ACE's. It is actually comparable to the R9 290X GPGPU compute. So physics and particles can be handled by the GPU. Check out Resogun to see the use of the PS4's GPGPU. The amount of voxels on screen, each with their own physics. And at a solid 60fps. This stuff is not tech from 2007. And no doubt The Order will tap into such tech for cloth physics just like Infamous does for particles and cloth physics.

I understand what you say about Crytek. Their engine really is a good one. And it is by all accounts '2 years ahead' of UE4. But sometimes real time everything doesn't make the biggest asthetic difference. The biggest enhancement to lighting is PBR. Devs all over say this. Crytek say this. And you can tell straight away when it's used. nThe way everything reacts to light properly. And things like the cook torrence effect happening in real time and not pre determied. Basically, how ever light acts in reality, it acts in the game. Since it obides by the laws of physics.

Also, what is your stance on DriveClub? It has real time dynamic GI, volumetric clouds with light defusion, PBR, super detailed cars and environments. High texture detail. It has more real time tech than any PS exclusive ever made. Does this mean it's more technically advanced than The Order?

Ryse isn't doing cutscenes realtime on X1 and if you ask me I would Ryse > The Order. Fact is this tech was there and many games did indeed use it including, Mafia 2 if I remember correctly...Yeah, definitely Mafia 2 with Physx enabled already had it on PC. The tech wa there, it wasn't used because consoles were incapable of it. I'm sure many other PC games already used it.

Drive Club? I haven't even seen it, because I'm not in racing games, but if what you're saying is true then, yes, it will indeed be superior to the Order.

Yeah I have tried Mafia 2 demo on PC and it has Physx cloth. It looks wierd though. Cloths keep going through his body. The game still looks great today though.

I prefer The Order asthetically but still Ryse looks amazing even on XB1. And surely even better on PC. I guess it's the setting in The Order that I like.

DriveClub is insane detail for a racer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

Some of these are crazy things to include on a racing game. But what ever, they did anyway.

#536 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:

Did you just say that PS4's compute is comparible to an R9 290x? LMFAO.... It's barely any better then a desktop 7850.

If you read what I said, then you would know I said GPGPU compute. The PS4's GPGPU was modified to be more capable. They added 8 ACE's comparable to the R9 290x.

#537 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

Wrong. At gamescon Star Citizen and Witcher3 looked better and have a 100x larger scope and potential to have double the frame rate. Ryse PC was also shown at 4k and looked better.

#538 Posted by GarGx1 (2768 posts) -

@The_Stand_In said:

@m3dude1 said:
@The_Stand_In said:

Is anyone else disturbed by the lack of consistent shadows in the video in the OP? It only seems like a third of the objects on screen have them. This is becoming a theme with Sony games...

PS3 couldn't do grass, PS4 can't do global illumination it seems. Very disappointing.

your brain cant do thinking

If mine can't, than neither can yours. Otherwise you would be able to at least think of a better insult to attack me with like the child you are. Christ that's weak.

And don't think I didn't notice you avoided the point and went straight for the personal attack... desperation to defend your precious corporation; your religion, it seems?

Now, for sanity's sake, I'm going to avoid talking about all the other piss poor looking attributes about the game because this is a highly low-res and compressed You-Tube video. However, lighting is something that compression doesn't hide, unlike say texture detail. Now you tell me, where the hell are all the shadows? Where is the global illumination? Huh, big internet bully man?

Maybe, perhaps, YOUR brain can't think. You can't think for yourself. Can't see with your own eyes. All you think is what the marketing department over at Sony wants you to think.

I look forward to the coming shitstorm from Sony zealots like you.

4 pages after this was posted and not one person tried to respond to it! I guess it's been strategically ignored because they have no answer.

#539 Posted by GarGx1 (2768 posts) -

@gpuking said:

It's really not far fetched to say The Order rivals high end CGI such as the one from Witcher 3. We're definitely inching closer to that level now with complex lighting, shading, high polycount, textures and cloth physics found in The Order.

Star Citizen on the other hand however..

damn embarrassing lol. You can 4k all you want but what good is it if the graphics are subpar.

You're seriously comparing CGI video stills to Baldy, the pre-alpha sizing model?

Lol you really are scratching for proof here.

#540 Edited by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

the order screen isnt cgi, its 100% realtime. LOL another hermit owned by the order

#541 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Wrong. At gamescon Star Citizen and Witcher3 looked better and have a 100x larger scope and potential to have double the frame rate. Ryse PC was also shown at 4k and looked better.

It depends. The detail on individual assets is higher on The Order because it's linear. But The Witcher 3 looks amazing and has a world 35 times the size of TW2. Surely a day one buy for me.

#542 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

@The_Stand_In said:

@m3dude1 said:
@The_Stand_In said:

Is anyone else disturbed by the lack of consistent shadows in the video in the OP? It only seems like a third of the objects on screen have them. This is becoming a theme with Sony games...

PS3 couldn't do grass, PS4 can't do global illumination it seems. Very disappointing.

your brain cant do thinking

If mine can't, than neither can yours. Otherwise you would be able to at least think of a better insult to attack me with like the child you are. Christ that's weak.

And don't think I didn't notice you avoided the point and went straight for the personal attack... desperation to defend your precious corporation; your religion, it seems?

Now, for sanity's sake, I'm going to avoid talking about all the other piss poor looking attributes about the game because this is a highly low-res and compressed You-Tube video. However, lighting is something that compression doesn't hide, unlike say texture detail. Now you tell me, where the hell are all the shadows? Where is the global illumination? Huh, big internet bully man?

Maybe, perhaps, YOUR brain can't think. You can't think for yourself. Can't see with your own eyes. All you think is what the marketing department over at Sony wants you to think.

I look forward to the coming shitstorm from Sony zealots like you.

4 pages after this was posted and not one person tried to respond to it! I guess it's been strategically ignored because they have no answer.

I have called on the Order having baked light since day 1. It's nothing special. Don't expect cows to acknowledge that. They will all avoid this thing like plague.

#543 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yeah I have tried Mafia 2 demo on PC and it has Physx cloth. It looks wierd though. Cloths keep going through his body. The game still looks great today though.

I prefer The Order asthetically but still Ryse looks amazing even on XB1. And surely even better on PC. I guess it's the setting in The Order that I like.

DriveClub is insane detail for a racer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

Some of these are crazy things to include on a racing game. But what ever, they did anyway.

There are also clipping issues to be found on the Order which even the devs has acknowledged on beyond3D though he said that won't be present in the final build. But the point is, these things fall into the category of 'attention to detail' which of course have a tremendous impact on graphics but my point was simply that the Order is technically nothing special. To have that aesthetic look they are compromising much more, the 800p, the prebaked lighting, less shadows, already reduced the geometry and so on. At the end of the day it's exactly doing what Crysis 2 achieved back in 2011, hell even less.

#544 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yeah I have tried Mafia 2 demo on PC and it has Physx cloth. It looks wierd though. Cloths keep going through his body. The game still looks great today though.

I prefer The Order asthetically but still Ryse looks amazing even on XB1. And surely even better on PC. I guess it's the setting in The Order that I like.

DriveClub is insane detail for a racer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

Some of these are crazy things to include on a racing game. But what ever, they did anyway.

There are also clipping issues to be found on the Order which even the devs has acknowledged on beyond3D though he said that won't be present in the final build. But the point is, these things fall into the category of 'attention to detail' which of course have a tremendous impact on graphics but my point was simply that the Order is technically nothing special. To have that aesthetic look they are compromising much more, the 800p, the prebaked lighting, less shadows, already reduced the geometry and so on. At the end of the day it's exactly doing what Crysis 2 achieved back in 2011, hell even less.

This conversation could last for ever. So I'll agree to disagree. Your point is that real time lighting is the key to technical advancement. Yet PBR is the single largest advancement in lighting since shader model 3 shaders in DX9. That's why they held it out until next gen consoles were released because simply adding it to a 360 port would require the game art to be changed.

Crysis 2 still looks great today. But hell, Crysis 1 impresses me more. The attention to detail is better in C1 than C2. 360 assets vs PC assets. Sure C1 is lacking real time GI, screen space reflections, and lots of other tech, but there is a good deal more geometry being pushed on screen at one time. And the lighting is still asthetically great. I just wish Crytek got back to their tropical island roots and made another PC exclusive in the vein of Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1.

Looking at what The Order looks like far out weighs the fact that light maps are used in places. Again, the use of PBR alone puts the lighting a cut above the rest to boot. The 800p is a compromise in one way, but they are using 4xMSAA. That is more demanding than 1080p and SMAA. Although I would prefer the latter.

Reduced geometry? Please do link to where you found that information. All I know is that the game is using both dynamic lighting and pre baked light maps. Physically based shading. High quality assets. High poly count character models with fluid animation. Good particle effects. Realistic material pipeline for texture mapping. Real time reflections. Hell, even Knack has real time screen space reflections. I will be getting the game and will be sure to upload screenshot examples of the tech being used.

Of course they compromised in resolution and framerate. The PS4 isn't exactly a high end PC. But it's impressive what they are doing with a small black box for $400.

#545 Posted by scatteh316 (4961 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: lmao... You need to read what the 8 ACE's in PS4 actually do.

PS4's compute or GPGPU performance is no better then a desktop 7850, even with the 8 ACE's.

#546 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:

@scottpsfan14: lmao... You need to read what the 8 ACE's in PS4 actually do.

PS4's compute or GPGPU performance is no better then a desktop 7850, even with the 8 ACE's.

With 8 ACE's they can better offload physics tasks. And with more efficiency. While the free GPU power does the rest. What I'm saying is that the GPGPU was modified on the PS4 for better performance.

Mark Cerny talked about the GPGPU modification to the PS4's GPU.

http://www.eteknix.com/playstation-4-amd-radeon-r9-290x-gpu-share-8-asynchronous-compute-engines/

I'm not saying a PS4 GPU performs like a R9 290x, but the GPGPU can handle a lot more tasks simultaniously than a 7850.

#547 Posted by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

you need to learn wtf you are talking about. a ps4s compute performance is better than a 7850 and thats a fact. also gpgpu is virtually USELESS on pcs for anything substantial due to the latency between gpu and cpu. ps4 has no such bottleneck.

#548 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@m3dude1 said:

you need to learn wtf you are talking about. a ps4s compute performance is better than a 7850 and thats a fact. also gpgpu is virtually USELESS on pcs for anything substantial due to the latency between gpu and cpu. ps4 has no such bottleneck.

How do I? I was merely saying that the GPGPU in the PS4 is not the same as the 7850 desktop as it has 8 ACE's that can handle "8 compute queues" each. So 64 simultaniously in total. In contrast, the 7970 has 2 ACE's that can only handle 2 compute queues each. And with the driver limitations of DirectX = PS4 >>> a 7000 series PC GPU for GPGPU tasks. Am I wrong?

#549 Posted by gpuking (2888 posts) -

@GarGx1I love how hermits unintentionally mistaken The Order screen for CGI still lol, this is absolutely the essence of this thread. I think my work here is done:).

#550 Posted by m3dude1 (1365 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@m3dude1 said:

you need to learn wtf you are talking about. a ps4s compute performance is better than a 7850 and thats a fact. also gpgpu is virtually USELESS on pcs for anything substantial due to the latency between gpu and cpu. ps4 has no such bottleneck.

How do I? I was merely saying that the GPGPU in the PS4 is not the same as the 7850 desktop as it has 8 ACE's that can handle "8 compute queues" each. So 64 simultaniously in total. In contrast, the 7970 has 2 ACE's that can only handle 2 compute queues each. And with the driver limitations of DirectX = PS4 >>> a 7000 series PC GPU for GPGPU tasks. Am I wrong?

not you, scatteh