The Order: 188Flop Hype Thread || SCORE = 5 || Hype = 7.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1901 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

Oh you mean the hypocrites that is gaming journalism showing their colors again, yea lets give a polished, linear, short game a average of 6/10 (5/10 here) yet we give out 7/10 or 8/10 scores to unfinished, buggy and glitchy games (AC Unity and Watch Dogs for example).

Also got to love giving out those 8/10's for yearly releases.....so yeah why would I trust GS reviews and other review sites again???

Nothing wrong with giving AC Unity/Watchdogs better scores than The Order if they thought those two are fundamentally better games even in spite of the bugs. This may be a shock, but reviews don't have to tell you what you want to hear to be valid. And I'd surely put more stock in gaming journalism than someone who says, "You're a troll because you have a different opinion than me. Herp derp!" and whose arguments about a game's merit is based on some weird analogy about smelling farts.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1902 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@alcapello: ggwp

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1903 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

Oh you mean the hypocrites that is gaming journalism showing their colors again, yea lets give a polished, linear, short game a average of 6/10 (5/10 here) yet we give out 7/10 or 8/10 scores to unfinished, buggy and glitchy games (AC Unity and Watch Dogs for example).

Also got to love giving out those 8/10's for yearly releases.....so yeah why would I trust GS reviews and other review sites again???

You never took the time to consider that the reviewer who rated those games higher might just appreciate what those games do well more than he does what The Order does well?.

I know personally i think 5/10 is generous for The Order, a game with 3 hours of gameplay (ish) is despicable when you consider they're charging 60 euro for it, no amount of production value or graphical polish can justify that price tag for such a tiny amount of content.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1904 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

Nothing wrong with giving AC Unity/Watchdogs better scores than The Order if they thought those two are fundamentally better games even in spite of the bugs. This may be a shock, but reviews don't have to tell you what you want to hear to be valid. And I'd surely put more stock in gaming journalism than someone who says, "You're a troll because you have a different opinion than me. Herp derp!" and whose arguments about a game's merit is based on some weird analogy about smelling farts.

Yes cause those reviews clearly state the bugs and glitches those games had (which btw nether GS nor IGN put in their reviews).

But again arguing with you is like arguing with a wall...a really stupid wall.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1906  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

Yes cause those reviews clearly state the bugs and glitches those games had (which btw nether GS nor IGN put in their reviews).

Haha. "A really stupid wall." I wish I could come up with such clever insults.

Whether they talk about the bugs or not is immaterial to my argument. That they gave AC Unity and Watchdogs 7 and 8 respectively doesn't somehow invalidate their Order score. They are allowed to think those two are just fundamentally stronger games and you're just going to have to deal. The world does not revolve around your opinions (thank God for that).

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1907 Ballroompirate

@Snugenz said:
@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

You never took the time to consider that the reviewer who rated those games higher might just appreciate what those games do well more than he does what The Order does well?.

I know personally i think 5/10 is generous for The Order, a game with 3 hours of gameplay (ish) is despicable when you consider they're charging 60 euro for it, no amount of production value or graphical polish can justify that price tag for such a tiny amount of content.

Oh you mean Kevin, who gave Guild Wars 2 a 9/10, Watch Dogs 8/10 just to name a few of his questionable reviews.

It took me 7 hours to beat The Order, those 7 hours were worth it in my book, even compared to longer games like Watch Dogs which longer but is boring as hell to play through.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1908 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

Whether they talk about the bugs or not is immaterial to my argument. That they gave AC Unity and Watchdogs 7 and 8 respectively doesn't somehow invalidate their Order score. They are allowed to think those two are just fundamentally stronger games and you're just going to have to deal. The world does not revolve around your opinions (thank God for that).

I'll deal with it as soon as you deal with the idea people think it should be a higher score (but continue thinking it's a 5/10 game without even playing it /golfclap), also I don't care if people agree with my opinion or not.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1909 GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

I'll deal with it as soon as you deal with the idea people think it should be a higher score (but continue thinking it's a 5/10 game without even playing it /golfclap), also I don't care if people agree with my opinion or not.

You obviously have an issue with acknowledging and accepting different opinions, hence you calling the guy who likes COD and UC campaigns a troll just because you disagree with him and calling Kevin's reviews questionable because it doesn't line up with your personal opinion. I'm feeling nice today, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're 13 and will grow out of this "stop liking what I don't like/you have to like what I like" phase.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1910 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

I'm really glad I didn't pay attention to the mainstream reviews. After completing The Order 1886, I must say that it has become my favourite new IP since The Last of Us.

It's nothing short of a finely crafted experience.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1911 GreySeal9

@AtariKidX said:

I'm really glad I didn't pay attention to the mainstream reviews. After completing The Order 1886, I must say that it has become my favourite new IP since The Last of Us.

ROFL. Is this the same AtariKid? The grammar and smelling has improved dramatically.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1912 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

You obviously have an issue with acknowledging and accepting different opinions, hence you calling the guy who likes COD and UC campaigns a troll just because you disagree with him and calling Kevin's reviews questionable because it doesn't line up with your personal opinion. I'm feeling nice today, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're 13 and will grow out of this "stop liking what I don't like/you have to like what I like" phase.

I forgot to read the memo where CoD and UC single player modes where overall better, is that a fact or what cause I must have not signed anything.

Ohhhh wait it's just your panties in a bunch as usual.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1913 Ballroompirate

@AtariKidX said:

Sorry but you're not aloud to enjoy The Order, those are System Wars rules.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1914  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Snugenz:

I forgot to read the memo where CoD and UC single player modes where overall better, is that a fact or what cause I must have not signed anything.

Ohhhh wait it's just your panties in a bunch as usual.

There is no memo stating that COD/UC single payer modes are better. You don't have to think that COD/UC single player modes are better since that is merely an opinion; your opinion that The Order is better is perfectly legitimate even if not widely held.

But it's immature to call someone else a troll because they think COD/UC have better single player campaigns (especially since it's not a radical opinion whatsoever), hence my belief that you're either a legit 13 year old or a grotesque 13 year old in an older body* (see footnote).

Has that cleared things up a bit?

*To be fair, there's much more evidence for this thesis*

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1915 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9: Yes cause people have never gave CoD's and Uncharted's sp shit for being linear or awful.....oh wait they have

Also got to love you calling me immature for calling someone a troll and not liking their opinion, yet you call me a 13 year old boy?, K that pretty much sums up your ignorance.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1916 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@AtariKidX said:

I'd say of all the hints that maybe something is wrong with your opinion, looking to a huge troll and/or colossal PS4 fanboy for a supporting opinion is one of them.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1917 GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9: Yes cause people have never gave CoD's and Uncharted's sp shit for being linear or awful.....oh wait they have

Also got to love you calling me immature for calling someone a troll and not liking their opinion, yet you call me a 13 year old boy?, K that pretty much sums up your ignorance.

But you act like a 13 year old boy. That's just the truth.

When in the world did I say that people don't give COD/Uncharted shit? So not only do you have a 13 year old level of maturity but you also have a 13 year old's reading comprehension.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1918 Ballroompirate

@Vaasman said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@AtariKidX said:

I'd say of all the hints that maybe something is wrong with your opinion, looking to a huge troll and/or colossal PS4 fanboy for a supporting opinion is one of them.

Yup you caught me, somehow playing majority of the games in my backlog that are on Wii-U, PC and 3DS means I'm a PS4 fanboy.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1919 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Oh you mean Kevin, who gave Guild Wars 2 a 9/10, Watch Dogs 8/10 just to name a few of his questionable reviews.

It took me 7 hours to beat The Order, those 7 hours were worth it in my book, even compared to longer games like Watch Dogs which longer but is boring as hell to play through.

There's nothing questionable about those reviews, there are plenty of people who will agree and disagree with them just like there is for The Order.

7 hours, good for you, i'm sure a bit of that was staring at the pretty distractions but whatever, you're one opinion among many, just because you feel the way you do about the game does not mean that the people who feel the opposite are in any way wrong.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1920 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

A rolling piece of sh*t would seem like a more finely crafted experience.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1921 Vaasman

@Ballroompirate said:

@Vaasman said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@AtariKidX said:

Yup you caught me, somehow playing majority of the games in my backlog that are on Wii-U, PC and 3DS means I'm a PS4 fanboy.

That isn't what I said at all, are you an idiot?

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1922 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@AtariKidX said:

ROFL. Is this the same AtariKid? The grammar and smelling has improved dramatically.

His smell? Doubt it, I have to use a gas mask whenever he gets around here.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1923 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Another PS4 exclusive flopped hard due to being more about graphics than gameplay...*sigh*, guess Bloodborne will be the 1st truly great PS4 exclusive then.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1924  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@AtariKidX said:

Yep.... it's me.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1925 GreySeal9

@AtariKidX said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AtariKidX said:

Yep.... it's me.

Haha. No problem at all. I'm glad you're improving your writing.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1926 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

I know cows are known for (trying to) pointing out hypocrisies in sheep arguments, but... you've got to be KIDDING.

(Norm Caruso, aka The Gaming Historian retweeted this)

I like whoever made that picture had to go all the way back to the first Mario game to make that point, because Modern Day Mario Games actually have varied bosses.

Avatar image for deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1927 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts
Loading Video...

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1928  Edited By COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

6 out of 10 for me. Too many cutscenes and QTEs (there are whole chapters in which you walk, trigger a QTE, then trigger a cutscene and that is it). Graphics, atmosphere and presentation are outstanding, but those are the only redeeming qualities of the game. Average game at best. Maybe they will listen to their critics and put more emphasis on gameplay and story for the second game, if there is a second game.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1931  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Do yourself a favor though, and use the DS4's headphone jack with your best headset, man that sounds nice!

Ehh, your're better off using something like a DSS2 or Mixamp Pro. You'll get surround sound along with EQ options. The PS4s headphone jack is good for casual ear bud use, but it sounds really flat with regular headphones.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1932  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

For all the hate this game is getting in the gameplay and content departments, I think it's fair to say this is the current graphics king on any platform. RAD put all their effort into presentation and it shows.

Black bars and a 30 FPS cap are annoying, though. I don't think they were necessary.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1933 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Ok so i have completed The Order now and got the platinum trophy.

I played it all in one sitting, not because it was so short, but because the story actually gripped me. The story is really well written here, and i really hope for a sequel.

I actually enjoyed my time with the game even if it was short, would give it a 7.5/10 myself. The gunplay is fun, the story is great, the atmosphere and setting deep. This gets more hate than it deserves, more people should try playing it before they hate on it.

Also worth noting I have no reason to defend an investment because i borrowed this game for free, wouldn't recommend buying it at £50 though.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1934  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Loading Video...

This is at least the best looking title on current gen consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1935 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Did someone already post this picture? It made me chuckle

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1936 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

I know cows are known for (trying to) pointing out hypocrisies in sheep arguments, but... you've got to be KIDDING.

(Norm Caruso, aka The Gaming Historian retweeted this)

I like whoever made that picture had to go all the way back to the first Mario game to make that point, because Modern Day Mario Games actually have varied bosses.

Bu-bu-but teh Mari0z r alwayz teh samezzz! :(

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1937 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@silversix_ said:

With black abrs and a 30 fps cap it better be...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1938 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@speedfog said:

@silversix_ said:

With black abrs and a 30 fps cap it better be...

and that's why it is. also, 30fps is almost in every console game so your 30fps point is irrelevant.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1939 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Cows: The only gamers that prefer to play graphics and sales.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1940 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Removing the sticky now. Feel free to flood the board with The Order threads.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1941 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605: It's almost like you WANT the servers to crash >.>

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1942  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Incidentally, after playing an hour of this yesterday, I can't say I disagree with the criticism, but I do think I disagree with the scores. It's a well made game, and for what it is, it's actually pretty cool and well done. The issue is that what it is may not be something that appeals to most people to begin with, and that is just fine.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1943  Edited By Vaasman

@princeofshapeir said:

For all the hate this game is getting in the gameplay and content departments, I think it's fair to say this is the current graphics king on any platform. RAD put all their effort into presentation and it shows.

Black bars and a 30 FPS cap are annoying, though. I don't think they were necessary.

You could probably argue that, but personally, I refuse to call anything graphics king that has such lousy image quality. The dubious amount of screen filters are half the reason any of it looks good.

That, and the ultra confined experience.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1944 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@blackace:

You can add 2 external HDD to the XB1 if you wanted to. I added a 4TB to my XB1. Here it is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HFRWXQ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mother#%$!! It's like $40 cheaper then what I paid for it. $125? Shit!! I paid almost $165, If anyone needs more memory for their XB1, get this baby. It works great. I may buy a 2nd one it's so

Yeah its time for me. Still haven't gotten DA:I and don't have the room on the drive. Thanks I'll be getting one of these.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1945  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Incidentally, after playing an hour of this yesterday, I can't say I disagree with the criticism, but I do think I disagree with the scores. It's a well made game, and for what it is, it's actually pretty cool and well done. The issue is that what it is may not be something that appeals to most people to begin with, and that is just fine.

Literally impossible to "play" this for an hour.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1946 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@charizard1605 said:

Literally impossible to "play" this for an hour.

ZING

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1947 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Sounds like it might be a good rental game to me personally. May have a look at it in midsem holidays.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1948  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

The pacing alone makes this game about 3/10 at best. I've played games with multiple cutscenes before, but I can't recall any games that has cutscenes that break up the gameplay to this irritating level.

Quality control is an after thought to Sony since the ps4 came out. I'm not sure how anybody can play the order 1886, then come to the conclusion that the cutscenes actually add to the game in anyway.

I have now played all of the major PlayStation 4 exclusives; killzone sf, knack, driveclub, infamous ss, mlb 14 and the order 1886 is by far the worst. Gamespot was generous giving it a 5.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1949 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

The pacing alone makes this game about 3/10 at best. I've played games with multiple cutscenes before, but I can't recall any games that has cutscenes that break up the gameplay to this irritating level.

Max Payne 3, maybe?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1950 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@princeofshapeir: I actually enjoyed the cut scenes in that though. They never really broke up any of the action, but more often happened the moment you moved room or went into the hall, or wide open area. The writing was half decent too, which was refreshing for it's genre.