The Order 1886 runs at 30fps - that next gen power

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46004 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sts106mat said:

Dragons Dogma had that, i couldn't play it, so off putting, what the F*** is the point of them?

This is probably a way for them to make the game look better. The lower resolution means there is more processing power for other stuff.

I think their official excuse is to make the game look more cinematic. Call of Juarez gunslinger had black bars at first too, but it got patched rather quick, giving people the choice if they want them or not. I think the Order should give the choice as well.

The order is running at 1080p though, as in that's what it's rendering. They just cut off some of it from view

They're not rendering it with black borders to lower the res for extra power. Or so I was corrected in the past anyway cos I thought the same thing

That's even more stupid. So they are rendering stuff they cut off anyway so you can't see, again what is the point in them in that case ? :s

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

The order is running at 1080p though, as in that's what it's rendering. They just cut off some of it from view

They're not rendering it with black borders to lower the res for extra power. Or so I was corrected in the past anyway cos I thought the same thing

That's even more stupid. So they are rendering stuff they cut off anyway so you can't see, again what is the point in them in that case ? :s

Apparently so, it's a design choice on their part to frame some shots a bit better. Someone on NeoGAF made a great post about screen composition and framing with different aspect ratios. Like in game cutscenes being framed better and not going in and out of it and making it jarring. I can understand why they're doing it if they have a certain vision or goal in mind but personally I don't like it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46004 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Apparently so, it's a design choice on their part to frame some shots a bit better. Someone on NeoGAF made a great post about screen composition and framing with different aspect ratios. Like in game cutscenes being framed better and not going in and out of it and making it jarring. I can understand why they're doing it if they have a certain vision or goal in mind but personally I don't like it.

Yeah, it was the same with COJ: Gunslinger, they wanted to make it look like an old movie and so they included black bars and film grain. But later they offered the option to players, and I personally found the game looks much better without them.

Ready at Dawn should do the same, seeing as how the resolution can be 1080p, there should be no problem offering the option to choose black bars or not. Otherwise the game is looking pretty good, from the little we have seen.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#204  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@l34052 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

clearly m$ paid the devs to sabotage the game and to further hinder any success they insisted on black bars. this is why i hate m$, they ruin gaming with their unmoral money

What??? this game has nothin at all to do with the bone or ms.

Dumb people are dumb.

Yup, people that don't understand obvious joke posts are pretty dumb.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#205 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Who cares about the FPS on a third person console action game? I want to know whats up with the black borders people have mentioned.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

30fps on ps4 means 5 fps on xbone if it was ported today

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Welcome to the world of consoles.

Why the surprise?

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#208 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

i am very curious to see this game. they put black bars to reduce the screen size from 1080p (tho the visible area will be part of the 1080p) something smart that i believe need for speed most wanted did in order to improve performance and visuals in wiiu ps3 and xbox360. as long as the game does not drop from 30fps it is great. can wait to see the power of the ps3. xbox has rise a graphical showcase and ps4 will have this to show its power. we will soon see how large or small the gap between the hd twins.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Read the edited post. Either you can accept the industry's word or you can talk about the specs, your choice. Which one you wanna do? And as far as I remember cows are the ones banking of DF, most probably thinking that DF would only consider PS4 and X1 and since PS4 is more powerful than X1, KZ:SF will be declared as the best looking title and you can claim ownage over Crysis 3 but damn, DF picked Ryse and you all go in DC mode. So yes, I'll stick with DF.

So you still on your hate crusade against Killzone i see.

Hey do you know that DF was making public relations for MS.?

Did you know that they even make an article using hardware which didn't represent the xbox one GPU in order to make seen that the gap was close.?

Ryse once again and for the 100 times is a game that focus all its resources on a small area,and even so after been say to be 1080p and having 150,000 polygons models,the game was downgraded to 900p and the characters models to 85,000 polygons,Ryse is not even close doing what Killzone SF is doing at higher resolution in bigger spaces and with faster frames,and the fat you your self admit that Ryse would run faster on PS4 says it all about the whole argument..

The Order is 800p and 30fps with even less polygons and will exactly be on rails and linear. How about that?

Oh and DF is credible when they declare PS4 as the winner and talks crap about X1 but not the other way around, gotcha. You can't go around change goal posts when it suits you. You were destroyed in the Crysis 3, Crysis 2 debate and you lost when the industry (note industry not just DF: there are many other sites who said the same thing) declared Ryse as the better looking game. There's no way for you to escape this time. Talk about 1080p...well The Order isn't 1080p either. Talk about other graphic features Ryse has them all and with high quality assets. Wanna discuss FPS The Order too is 30fps. Talking about achieving more with less, well Crytek is simply the winner in this case. There's no two way about it. Company with a better technology - Crytek hands down. Specs,? I don't need to mention Tablet Cpu and 570 GPU from 2010.

So, let's see you flip flop again. No matter what you choose, you will loose because you have exhausted all your options flip flopping. You may need to do a little more work thinking of something new this time.;)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

The Order is 800p and 30fps with even less polygons and will exactly be on rails and linear. How about that?

Oh and DF is credible when they declare PS4 as the winner and talks crap about X1 but not the other way around, gotcha. You can't go around change goal posts when it suits you. You were destroyed in the Crysis 3, Crysis 2 debate and you lost when the industry (note industry not just DF: there are many other sites who said the same thing) declared Ryse as the better looking game. There's no way for you to escape this time. Talk about 1080p...well The Order isn't 1080p either. Talk about other graphic features Ryse has them all and with high quality assets. Wanna discuss FPS The Order too is 30fps. Talking about achieving more with less, well Crytek is simply the winner in this case. There's no two way about it. Company with a better technology - Crytek hands down. Specs,? I don't need to mention Tablet Cpu and 570 GPU from 2010.

So, let's see you flip flop again. No matter what you choose, you will loose because you have exhausted all your options flip flopping. You may need to do a little more work thinking of something new this time.;)

Rise is 1680x900p..

The Order is 1920x800p and is a design choice not a hardware limitation.

Also you don't even know what the fu** you say,please link me to where is say that The Order is on Rails,do you even fu**ing know what on rails mean? It means that you can't move your characters,basically the AI does it for you and you only have a set number of gameplay actions you can execute,think like Time Crysis,you can't move when you want where you want,you have to wait until the game moves you that is on rail were the control you have over the actions the character does are severely limited.

There isn't videos about The Order gameplay out there so how the fu** do you even know how the game is.?

Oh they don't have to declare the PS4 the winner,Tomb raider performance difference was leaked before DF did any articles,because it was notable the difference,the PS4 version hit 60 FPS the xbox one locked at 30FPS,the PS4 version also had better effects and textures,the same happen with BF4 and Ghost before they were confirmed to be a difference by DF already it was leak that the performance was worse on xbox one.

I don't need DF to know what the PS4 can do and what more or less will be the advantage only morons do,the PS4 is basically a 7850 OC the xbox one a 7770 hell the update is not up yet to unlock the 8% so is even lower than 7770 performance.

Fact is you butthurt moron Ryse on PS4 would look even better than on xbox one and would be 1080p,30 FPS or more,this is a fact that games have confirm already pray,that ryse is not port to the PS4 you would look mighty sad.

Time to let that killzone hate go...lol

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

you can't screw up cogs of industrial skirmish.

slap a monocle a tophat and a steam powered lancer on marcus and boom, best seller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

slap a monocle a tophat and a steam powered lancer on marcus and boom, best seller.

Lol the Gears comparison, based on nothing but that they're both TPS...

Tomb Raider is just Gears with a woman herp derp

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

http://goingsony.com/stories/3134-sony-insider-thuway-60-fps-argument-showed-the-power-gap-betw

Interesting article.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@bobbetybob said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@l34052 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

clearly m$ paid the devs to sabotage the game and to further hinder any success they insisted on black bars. this is why i hate m$, they ruin gaming with their unmoral money

What??? this game has nothin at all to do with the bone or ms.

Dumb people are dumb.

Yup, people that don't understand obvious joke posts are pretty dumb.

what are you talking about? there is no satire here. no jokes.

ghostwarrior786 highlights a common problem - microsoft's sabotage of sony projects through influence of the graphics devs. its been an ongoing problem for a number of years and i think more people should know about it.

quite frankly i'm disgusted those system warriors would brush the issue aside. the only explanation possible is that they are both extreme lems.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

that's mostly just a joke and all but come-on man.

we all know what hole sony has in their lineup that needs to be filled and what franchise is in their sights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@Riverwolf007 said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

that's mostly just a joke and all but come-on man.

we all know what hole sony has in their lineup that needs to be filled and what franchise is in their sights.

I just don't think it makes sense to judge a game of screenshots and a cinematic trailer. Might be worth waiting for gameplay maybe?

The Order has no multiplayer too and a cinematic single player focus on story etc. so i don't think it really goes up against Gears, it sounds nearer Uncharted than anything.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#217  Edited By vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

omg who cares??????

We haven't even seen the game in motion

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

We should pull the same on then and say Gears is Resident evil with cover steal from Killswitch..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@zeeshanhaider said:

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Read the edited post. Either you can accept the industry's word or you can talk about the specs, your choice. Which one you wanna do? And as far as I remember cows are the ones banking of DF, most probably thinking that DF would only consider PS4 and X1 and since PS4 is more powerful than X1, KZ:SF will be declared as the best looking title and you can claim ownage over Crysis 3 but damn, DF picked Ryse and you all go in DC mode. So yes, I'll stick with DF.

So you still on your hate crusade against Killzone i see.

Hey do you know that DF was making public relations for MS.?

Did you know that they even make an article using hardware which didn't represent the xbox one GPU in order to make seen that the gap was close.?

Ryse once again and for the 100 times is a game that focus all its resources on a small area,and even so after been say to be 1080p and having 150,000 polygons models,the game was downgraded to 900p and the characters models to 85,000 polygons,Ryse is not even close doing what Killzone SF is doing at higher resolution in bigger spaces and with faster frames,and the fat you your self admit that Ryse would run faster on PS4 says it all about the whole argument..

Might not be 800p, it's still up in the air:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/06/the-order-1886-will-have-4x-aa-undecided-between-1920x800-and-1920x1080-lack-of-multiplayer-expained/

It depends if they can get as good an AA solution running with 1080p and how the image quality compares with the 800p with more bells and whistles.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Rise is 1680x900p..

Also you don't even know what the fu** you say,please link me to where is say that The Order is on Rails,do you even fu**ing know what on rails mean? It means that you can't move your characters,basically the AI does it for you and you only have a set number of gameplay actions you can execute,think like Time Crysis,you can't move when you want where you want,you have to wait until the game moves you that is on rail were the control you have over the actions the character does are severely limited.

There isn't videos about The Order gameplay out there so how the fu** do you even know how the game is.?

Oh they don't have to declare the PS4 the winner,Tomb raider performance difference was leaked before DF did any articles,because it was notable the difference,the PS4 version hit 60 FPS the xbox one locked at 30FPS,the PS4 version also had better effects and textures,the same happen with BF4 and Ghost before they were confirmed to be a difference by DF already it was leak that the performance was worse on xbox one.

I don't need DF to know what the PS4 can do and what more or less will be the advantage only morons do,the PS4 is basically a 7850 OC the xbox one a 7770 hell the update is not up yet to unlock the 8% so is even lower than 7770 performance.

Fact is you butthurt moron Ryse on PS4 would look even better than on xbox one and would be 1080p,30 FPS or more,this is a fact that games have confirm already pray,that ryse is not port to the PS4 you would look mighty sad.

Tell me something I didn't know. Did you even read my previous post? I know The Order is 1920 x 800 and that makes it having only 6.7% more pixels than Ryse, dumb dumb. You don't know about the gameplay of the Order? Let me tell you it's on rails just like evry PS exclusive in existence except Demon Source. And if there's isn't any gameplay why all the fuss about The Order having teh best graphics? Cows setting themselves for ownage again like Crapzone: Shadow Fail? And yeah design choice, I heard, Cevat Yerli saying the exact same thing.

Never said Ryse won't look better on PS4. But the fact is according to the industry Ryse > Crapzone: Shadow Fail, no matter how you try to spin this. And I give two craps about Ryse going over to PS4. It will be right at home with other movies. Even if Ryse goes on PS4 and look better that will not change the fact that Crysis 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any version of Ryse > Crapzone:Shadow Fail. Because the most powerful console is nothing but a cheap ass tablet CPU and a GPU barely matching a 570 from 2010.

And yeah, I remember suggesting you about hying UC4, you didn't do that yet, waiting for first bullshots to arrive? Damn, it sucks to have stuck with outdated garbage couple that with all the big 3 going down. Dark times indeed for consololites.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#222 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@IgGy621985: You realise those two positions aren't mutually exclusive right? Not even logically?

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@Articuno76 said:

@IgGy621985: You realise those two positions aren't mutually exclusive right? Not even logically?

Er... sorry mate, I lost track. You're answering to me about what exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#224  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

If the frame rate is consistent 1080p@30fps is just fine.

its not 1080P though. Also they confirmed no multiplayer. I went from excited to lukewarm on this game today. And not because of the FPS or resolution, but because of the no multiplayer

Yeas and no, it's not scaling in any way or form. While yes, its not 1920 x 1080 and it's 1920 x 800. All they want is a wider aspect ratio. The image is still 1 to 1 pixal ratio on a 1080p TV. By your logic hardly any movies aren't 1080p on bluray because most have that same exact aspect ratio and run in 1920 x 800. While I'll admit I would prefer the the game at 1920 x 1080 so the image uses the whole screen, and I do prefer movies that are presented in 16x9 format so they also fill up the whole screen.

But it won't be blurry or scaling in anyway or form. It does get the benefit of not having to render the extra pixals due to the wider aspect ratio, where they said they can re-allocate some resources and run it with 4xmsaa.

All I say, it sounds like the original way they envision the game is with the wider aspect ratio. This is purely a design choice of the developers.

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

I'm more disturbed by the "focus on cinimatics" scripted 3rd person "experiances" are all horrible..

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#226  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Also gonna add, there's nothing wrong with 30fps. Yes, 60 fps is better, there's no arguing that. But both are perfectly playable frame rates. It's the same with all games, you have to choose, higher graphic fidelity or higher FPS. For single player only games, for Action Adventure, RPGs and such, the differences between 30 and 60 are slim. While still noticeable, nothing game breaking and if you only play one version, your not going to notice the difference.

Now as I own a PS4 and a X1, I will always buy the superior version, just like I did with the 360 and PS3. Like Tomb Raider, the X1 is perfectly playable and if all you have is an X1 then by all means if you haven't played it get it. But for me given the choice, yes the PS4 version runs at a higher FPS and has better effects, so yes, I'm gonna buy that one because I have the choice too.

Also, I think there's a difference between PC and Console gaming at 30 fps.

With Dragon Age II at all high with 4x MSAA, on a single Radeon 5870 it ran at 30 fps and it felt very choppy, even though fraps showed it was locked at 30 and not dipping. When I enabled my second 5870 it jumped to 60 and was much much smoother. But I also have the PS3 version which is completely playable and smooth and looks nothing like the PC version running at 30 fps. Maybe it's a difference between my Monitor and Plasma HDTV, but 30 fps on PC doesn't seem as smooth as console.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Gonna guess this thread is 5 pages worth of lems being lems and creating false equivalences to the TombRaidergate and lashing out in incoherent ramblings. To get a leg over lems with their sarcastic drive by comments about double standards and all that BS.

Just face it. Tomb Raider was a last gen multiplatform port. This is a first wave first party exclusive. If we're going to compare for the sake of the nonsense lem arguments then The Order would run at 720p at capped(not locked) 30fps on Xb1.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

@misterpmedia: preach.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#229  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

@CrownKingArthur: Where is there documentation that Microsoft interferes with their rival's business? Better yet, where is their documentation that's even legal?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#230 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9479 Posts

The 1st trailer looked amazing and I was hyped!!!

Then I heard it was in OTS view and likely a snap to cover system... no MP (which the first thing I mentioned would have killed that anyways), so essentially Gears without MP set in a strange European setting in the past with futuristic weaponry... The last 8 words I typed prior to this sentence sounded kind of interesting... but the rest is a deal breaker... Unless they announce classic 3rd or maybe 1st person view this is definitely a no buy. Might be a great game, but camera angles ruin otherwise great games for me to the point I cant even enjoy them. I had the same problem with the newest Need For Speed game... the horrible camera angles made the game a 3/10 for me.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Gonna guess this thread is 5 pages worth of lems being lems and creating false equivalences to the TombRaidergate and lashing out in incoherent ramblings. To get a leg over lems with their sarcastic drive by comments about double standards and all that BS.

Just face it. Tomb Raider was a last gen multiplatform port. This is a first wave first party exclusive. If we're going to compare for the sake of the nonsense lem arguments then The Order would run at 720p at capped(not locked) 30fps on Xb1.

It's the fact that cows claimed that 30fps was "unplayable." You make an idiot statement like that when you are a console gamer and you will eventually eat crow.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3414 Posts

Stupid Lemmings. The whole point Cows made is that X1 runs half the frames PS4 does, no one said 30FPS is bad. Practice damage control because you guys are failing. If The Order is 30FPS on PS4, that pretty much means it's not gonna run well on X1.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@CrownKingArthur: Where is there documentation that Microsoft interferes with their rival's business? Better yet, where is their documentation that's even legal?

you poor thing

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#234  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

I'm just not concerned with the fps or resolution. I get shit for this id X1 threads. But here its a ps4 exclusive thread and I still don't care. If the game is enjoyable, or fun, then I would play it.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 NFJSupreme

@Sagemode87 said:

Stupid Lemmings. The whole point Cows made is that X1 runs half the frames PS4 does, no one said 30FPS is bad. Practice damage control because you guys are failing. If The Order is 30FPS on PS4, that pretty much means it's not gonna run well on X1.

want me to start pulling quotes from all the cows claiming 30fps was unplayable? You can't be that dense can you?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3414 Posts

@NFJSupreme: Perhaps you're the dense one for believing fake boys. The majority of last gen was 30FPS, who's gonna say it's unplayable and be serious about it. Use your head Lem.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@misterpmedia said:

It's the fact that cows claimed that 30fps was "unplayable." You make an idiot statement like that when you are a console gamer and you will eventually eat crow.

Perhaps you need to learn not to emotionally react to hyperbole or trolls on the internet then. It drops below 30fps on XB1 as well, like the PS4 drops from 60 but stays above 40 so it is still smoother because it's in the higher frames. You'd definitely notice a drop below 30 than a drop from 60 that stayed above 40. Or maybe people have gone from playing the PS4 version and then to the Xbone version so the comparison of unplayability is concluded there. Who knows. I don't see any crow being eaten either as for The Order there's technically no console comparison.

Fact'is'facts though. The Xb1 should be toe to toe with the PS4 on a game built from the ground up to run on last gen constricted hardware specs. I feel it's either gonna be disparity in resolution, or a disparity of frame rate(which is arguably worse) or attempting at both 1080p60fps(Forza 5) but having to cut back on lots of fancy effects and AA.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

want me to start pulling quotes from all the cows claiming 30fps was unplayable? You can't be that dense can you?

Sure, go ahead.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 NFJSupreme
@misterpmedia said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@misterpmedia said:

Perhaps you need to learn not to emotionally react to hyperbole or trolls on the internet then. It drops below 30fps on XB1 as well, like the PS4 drops from 60 but stays above 40 so it is still smoother because it's in the higher frames. You'd definitely notice a drop below 30 than a drop from 60 that stayed above 40. Or maybe people have gone from playing the PS4 version and then to the Xbone version so the comparison of unplayability is concluded there. Who knows. I don't see any crow being eaten either as for The Order there's technically no console comparison.

Fact'is'facts though. The Xb1 should be toe to toe with the PS4 on a game built from the ground up to run on last gen constricted hardware specs. I feel it's either gonna be disparity in resolution, or a disparity of frame rate(which is arguably worse) or attempting at both 1080p60fps(Forza 5) but having to cut back on lots of fancy effects and AA.

There is no emotional reaction here my friend other than humor at the stupidity of others. But if you are going to play the troll game don't complain when the favor is returned. The fact is that cows laughed and said 30 fps was "unplayable" and "last gen" and are now upset that lems are bashing your game for being 30fps. Well wtf did they expect?

lol@me being a lem. Funny I tell the truth about the PS4 I get called a lem. When I tell the truth about the xbone I get called a cow. Seems fanboys just don't like the truth.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

its not 1080P though. Also they confirmed no multiplayer. I went from excited to lukewarm on this game today. And not because of the FPS or resolution, but because of the no multiplayer

Yeas and no, it's not scaling in any way or form. While yes, its not 1920 x 1080 and it's 1920 x 800. All they want is a wider aspect ratio. The image is still 1 to 1 pixal ratio on a 1080p TV. By your logic hardly any movies aren't 1080p on bluray because most have that same exact aspect ratio and run in 1920 x 800. While I'll admit I would prefer the the game at 1920 x 1080 so the image uses the whole screen, and I do prefer movies that are presented in 16x9 format so they also fill up the whole screen.

But it won't be blurry or scaling in anyway or form. It does get the benefit of not having to render the extra pixals due to the wider aspect ratio, where they said they can re-allocate some resources and run it with 4xmsaa.

All I say, it sounds like the original way they envision the game is with the wider aspect ratio. This is purely a design choice of the developers.

Yes i understand what the resolution is, i was just making the point that its not 1080p. And personally i can care less (even though I'm not a fan of black bars for games or movies for that matter. The reason I'm losing interest is the lack of a co-op or PvP in a shooter

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 darkangel115

@justw8_n_c said:

@darkangel115 said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

Seriously? What are you going to do with a multiplayer in this sort of game? Some games are meant to have multiplayer. People like you are responsible for why so many games last gen lost points for having tacked on multiplayers

Really? you play with a squad of 4, they could easily have made it co-op instead of 3 AIs, then there is always the gears or war style multiplayer which is great. even co-op horde modes. And plenty of tacked on MP to good SP games have been very well done and successful. Just look at ME3 and TLOU as prime examples

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

@BlessedChill said:

Good to see there aspiring to thier original ideals and not conforming to some of the gamer society's modern day "60fps or die" mantra.

This game will be truly special.

But 60fps has been a standard of quality dating back to NES games, its nothing new...

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 darkangel115

@justw8_n_c said:

@darkangel115 said:

@justw8_n_c said:

@darkangel115 said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

Seriously? What are you going to do with a multiplayer in this sort of game? Some games are meant to have multiplayer. People like you are responsible for why so many games last gen lost points for having tacked on multiplayers

Really? you play with a squad of 4, they could easily have made it co-op instead of 3 AIs, then there is always the gears or war style multiplayer which is great. even co-op horde modes. And plenty of tacked on MP to good SP games have been very well done and successful. Just look at ME3 and TLOU as prime examples

It's a freaking cinematic story game...they're not trying to be your stupid gears...Jeez!

Gears is a 1 billion dollar franchise. Its hardly worth calling stupid. And you can have a cinematic story game with co-op. look at ryse, look at gears, look at halo, look at uncharted, look at TLOU and the list goes on.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

30fps is more than fine, noone can tell the slightest of a difference

/thread

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Dat cinematic experience! It's going to be a call of duty campaign.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Lets see ... Third person shooter with border and runs at 30fps. Sounds a lot like:

... not bad.

Except RE4's godliness has nothing to do with its visuals. It was all about atmosphere and pacing. What the Order is like remains to be seen,...... literally, we haven't even seen it in motion yet

Actually it had a lot to do with it's visuals. These days, it has a lot to do with nostalgia.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Rise is 1680x900p..

With MSAA X4+1920x800, it's a hardware limitation. Both 7970 and PS4's GCN has 32 ROPS and 7970 has superior memory bandwidth for MSAA.