The Order 1886 runs at 30fps - that next gen power

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#101 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Seems they went with better visuals over performance and for this type game it is acceptable. I'd rather have more eye candy than higher frame rate when it comes to games like these. The only time I get upset at 30fps is in FPSs or racing games. If they can keep it locked at 30fps it will be great.

LOL...........wow.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

TCHBO

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

TCHBO

DKCR is 720p.....

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 millerlight89

@timbers_WSU said:

@I_can_haz said:

Seems they went with better visuals over performance and for this type game it is acceptable. I'd rather have more eye candy than higher frame rate when it comes to games like these. The only time I get upset at 30fps is in FPSs or racing games. If they can keep it locked at 30fps it will be great.

LOL...........wow.

Nothing funny about what he said.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@I_can_haz said:

LOL...........wow.

what's funny is that he is in other threads claiming xbone games to be unplayable because they are 30fps. He is just a joke cow.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@KBFloYd said:

TCHBO

DKCR is 720p.....

but its 60fps...

xd

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 timbers_WSU

@millerlight89 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@I_can_haz said:

LOL...........wow.

If this was an XBONE game he would never stop trolling.....and you know this. He is just a fake ass Cow.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Remember why I keep saying to be careful about hyping a game to the moon you've seen no gameplay for? Yea, I'm sticking to that.

Right. Because games running at 30 fps are considered bad and haven't say... oh I don't know... ever won GOTY. Oh wait... MGS4. Uh oh... Demon's Souls. Um.. Journey.

Surly that glorious 120 fps pc power is capable of producing for more Goty worthy titles, right?

Ummm...

But 1080p 60fps glorious PS4 games?

MGS4 isn't even 1080p and neither Demon's Souls.

inb4 720p 30fps

And kinda expected for a title like Journey

Answer the question. How many pc exclusives won goty last gen? Quit dancing.

Avoiding the ownage,as usual.

Congrats on buying a console to play only 3 games for the whole gen,in 720p

Answer the question.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Where is your god now Cows?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 millerlight89

@NFJSupreme said:

what's funny is that he is in other threads claiming xbone games to be unplayable because they are 30fps. He is just a joke cow.

Oh okay, I rarely pay attention to his posts tbh. Fair enough.

@timbers_WSU said:

If this was an XBONE game he would never stop trolling.....and you know this. He is just a fake ass Cow.

Actually, I didn't know this.

@KBFloYd said:

but its 60fps...

xd

I'd hope so. Which is much more important for a game like that.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@MonsieurX:

I'm glad you could finally admit that PC just doesn't cut it when it comes to quality exclusives.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Epic fail but still interested in seeing gameplay. I know this game will look pretty though

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Epic fail but still interested in seeing gameplay. I know this game will look pretty though

How is it an epic fail if we don't know why they opted for 30 FPS over 60? What if had nothing to do with hardware limitations, and instead they tested both and found 30 FPS accentuated their vision better?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

They said the game has destructible and dynamic environments. Maybe that's the case. But either way I take 1080p/30fps than 720p/60fps any day, but I can see why people might get disappointed.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By silversix_

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@silversix_ said:

How is it an epic fail if we don't know why they opted for 30 FPS over 60? What if had nothing to do with hardware limitations, and instead they tested both and found 30 FPS accentuated their vision better?

Because there's no such thing as going with inferior fps just cuz it felt like achieving their vision. You go 60fps ALL THE TIME when/if possible. If you seriously believe that them or any other dev would go 30fps over 60fps lol... If this game had awesome graphics (as it probably will), 1080p, 60fps and a Sony exclusive that's a lot of bragging rights for these devs and Sony themselves. Dunno if you noticed but every game that runs in 60fps on ps4 the devs are certainly bragging about it.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 NFJSupreme

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@silversix_ said:

that's not how this works. It's 30fps because they can't make it look the way they want it to look and maintain 60fps. Has nothing to do with "accentuating their vision" or whatever bullshit rationalization you want to come up with. This is simply how optimization works.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

They said the game has destructible and dynamic environments. Maybe that's the case. But either way I take 1080p/30fps than 720p/60fps any day, but I can see why people might get disappointed.

I hope more next gen games have destructible environments. Nothing worse than a game environment that doesn't react to you in it

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

As long as it never dips below 30FPS then it's OK, not great but OK.

If they could get film style motion blur to cover up the juddering panning then 30FPS would be just fine in a lot of games that don't require quick reaction times, but I've yet to see this.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@NFJSupreme: @silversix_: There's many different reasons to go with a lower FPS. There's a lovely (and short for people who don't like to read) about the difference between 30 FPS and 60.

http://wccftech.com/30fps-vs-60fps-30fps-better-story-telling-games/

You very well could be right that they're trying to achieve 60 FPS and can't, so they're opting for 30, but there's an interesting phenomenon that goes on in message boards where standard gamers pretend to know everything about game development, so I like to consider all options before just up and assuming things in areas where I don't possess and intricate knowledge.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By silversix_

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@NFJSupreme: @silversix_: There's many different reasons to go with a lower FPS. There's a lovely (and short for people who don't like to read) about the difference between 30 FPS and 60.

You very well could be right that they're trying to achieve 60 FPS and can't, so they're opting for 30, but there's an interesting phenomenon that goes on in message boards where standard gamers pretend to know everything about game development, so I like to consider all options before just up and assuming things in areas where I don't possess and intricate knowledge.

I can't believe some actually believe this kind of bullshit, its funny...

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 millerlight89
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

That had to be the dumbest article I have ever read. I mean, WOW! The guy is comparing games to movies. That's your article, isn't it?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@millerlight89: I'd rather flip fast food burgers than join the petty, click bait world of journalism, of which I do neither, thank you.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 millerlight89

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@millerlight89: I'd rather flip fast food burgers than join the petty, click bait world of journalism, of which I do neither, thank you.

Thank goodness. Still pretty bad you used that article.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@millerlight89: There's better ones out there, but this is an internet argument about graphics in videos games -- I'm not spending that much time looking them up. That being said, I agree that the majority of developers probably want all of their games to run in 60 FPS, but when we assume that 100% of games are pursuing 60 FPS, we're destined to be wrong at some point.

There are developers out there, regardless of how few they may be, that don't want their games running in 60 FPS.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 millerlight89

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

There are developers out there, regardless of how few they may be, that don't want their games running in 60 FPS.

Any proof?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By NFJSupreme

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Dude that is just one person's opinion. I can promise you that developers aren't deciding to lock games at 30fps on console for a better "cinematic" experience. That is just what they say to remind people that 30fps really isn't that bad. 60fps requires basically twice the power of 30fps to run. That is a lot of resources to just opt into or out of on a whim. To run a game at 60fps vs 30fps or vice versa will require you to change resolution, assets, AA solutions, texture quality, draw distance, and a host of other settings low and high level to do. A lot of sacrifices have to be made to make a game run at 60fps on weaker hardware. It wouldn't look the same as the game running at 30fps on the same hardware. Matter of fact it would look worse even with the higher frame rate.

Fact is by all accounts the Order is really pushing graphics. This means 30fps on console. You can quote me on this if you like. Put it in your sig for all I care. Hell a mod should probably sticky this. ALL PS4 AND XBONE GAMES THAT ARE EXCLUSIVE GRAPHICALLY INTENSE GAMES WILL BE 30FPS. How else are they gonna get a 7770 or 7850XL to run graphically intensive games that look next gen? The 7850 can't even run Far Cry 3 at 60 fps what makes you think it will be able to run The Order and they are just deciding not to for more "cinematic" feel. Lets not be naive. The limitations of these consoles are pretty clear.

Even if they were force 60fps, cuts will be made elsewhere and this means resolution. This is why BF4 is 900p and 720p on next gen consoles. But the fact is 1080p, 60fps, graphically intensive game = PC not these consoles. These consoles will give some combination of those three but not all three.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Expected after hearing long ago that the whole world is supposed to have soft body physics.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I take this is a good thing. The only time I want 60+ fps is when I game on the PC, or playing a racing game/fighting game, and FPS on consoles. TPS for the most part play very well at 30 FPS, at least if you are playing on a TV from 4 feet away. On PC 30 FPS is too noticeable no matter what type of game you are playing. So as long as you dont play the game with your monitor a few inches from your face, you should be fine. Or else avoid consoles at all cost, and stick to your PC.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

Expected after hearing long ago that the whole world is supposed to have soft body physics.

sub 1080p and 30fps on the ps4 in order to allow soft body physics. This game is trooly not possible on the xb0ne

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TwistedShade

It's fun watching Cows say 30FPS is fine for a TPS, when just a few weeks ago 1080p 60FPS was a must for a TPS like Tomb Raider.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 millerlight89

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

I take this is a good thing. The only time I want 60+ fps is when I game on the PC,

So you don't want 60fps on consoles? Seems dumb.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 millerlight89

@TwistedShade said:

It's fun watching Cows say 30FPS is fine for a TPS, when just a few weeks ago 1080p 60FPS was a must for a TPS like Tomb Raider.

Not to defend them, but 30fps for Tomb Raider on Xbone is pretty sad. This game will be quite the leap in graphical fidelity.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@millerlight89: Nope, but I've found it's always silly to assume there isn't at least one.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TwistedShade
@millerlight89 said:

@TwistedShade said:

Not to defend them, but 30fps for Tomb Raider on Xbone is pretty sad. This game will be quite the leap in graphical fidelity.

Given the Cinematic appearance I'm going to assume this game will be all flash and no substance, and I don't trust any graphical bullshots until the game is out and people can make their own judgement without Sony releasing images.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

Lol @ Lems grasping for just one once of ownage!

Xbone struggling to run last gen ports (Running on tweaked last gen engines)

Then the Ps4 comes along with a new game,brand spanking new 'next gen' engine and running at native 1080p and 30fps as a design choice by the devs.

Keep searching for some sort of soothing cream for you ass hurt lems! Your desperation is quite amusing!

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@speak_low said:

I'm a cow but I take no part in this damage control.

Ready At Dawn prefers 30fps over 60fps for artistic reasons? lol

PS4 is powerful but it can't do everything, so I expect a mix of 1080p/30fps and 1080p/60fps. And unlike the other consoles, there will be more of the latter combination throughout the PS4's lifespan.

Too bad TO1886 is neither of these. It's closer to 900p than it is to 1080. (total pixels)

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Sony going cheap with their exclusives it seems 800p 30FPS, short draw distances, No multiplayer (single player with two bots).

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 millerlight89

@TwistedShade said:
@millerlight89 said:

@TwistedShade said:

Given the Cinematic appearance I'm going to assume this game will be all flash and no substance,

So nothing to refute that what you originally posted means nothing. 30 fps on last gen game =/= 30 fps on a game releasing this gen. Xbone should be capable enough to run TR with 60fps....you would think. I want my xbone to do well. I dont want the ps4 to run all over it down the line. Xbone exclusives will look great, no doubt. The multiplats is what I'm worried about. I want to be able to get multiplats on both and spread them out without worrying about the xbone lagging behind. I'd rather play MP on xbone, but if the performance/graphics are too far behind the ps4, then there is no point.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

800p@30FPS. Pathetic. Consoles holding gaming back again and thanks for killing gaming.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@timbers_WSU: thing is on XBone you also get 720p/900p and reduced AA and effects lol. I never said 30fps is unplayable (i wouldn't be hyping Infamous or DC if I did). What makes XBone and lems like you a joke is playing at 720p/30fps when you could pay $100 less and get twice the framerate and resolution lol. Know the difference you pleb lem.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

I take this is a good thing. The only time I want 60+ fps is when I game on the PC,

So you don't want 60fps on consoles? Seems dumb.

its not that I dont want it, I just dont see the need for it in a TPS. If I had the option like I do on PC I'll take 60+ FPS every time. But on consoles I'll take the better looking game and 30 FPS. If Its a racing,fighting, and online FPS, i'll always take frame rate over graphics no matter the platform. Because it actually matters in those type of games. But for this type of game I dont see the big deal.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 killzowned24
@zeeshanhaider said:

800p@30FPS. Pathetic. Consoles holding gaming back again and thanks for killing gaming.

If 800p is pathetic, whats that make ryse which you hype up and runs at a lower resolution?

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By timbers_WSU

@D4RKL1NG said:

Lol @ Lems grasping for just one once of ownage!

Xbone struggling to run last gen ports (Running on tweaked last gen engines)

Then the Ps4 comes along with a new game,brand spanking new 'next gen' engine and running at native 1080p and 30fps as a design choice by the devs.

Keep searching for some sort of soothing cream for you ass hurt lems! Your desperation is quite amusing!

oh joy. Another Cow alt. with a disability. SW sucks ass now.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#145 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I'm fine with that, if its developed at a specific resolution then thats the resolution the game should be at. They said its 1080p

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

If 800p is pathetic, whats that make ryse which you hype up and runs at a lower resolution?

When did I hype Ryse? I just reiterate what DF said. By the way, what does that make The Order which is 800p@30FPS I know it's 1920x800 but that's just 6.7% more pixels than Ryse. Sony has a 50% more powerful system. Lower frame rate and lower resolution is acceptable as long as it's PS, right?

Anyways, three things are confirmed.

1) Crytek >>>>>>>>>> Sony First Party

2)Ryse > Crapzone: Shadow Fail => Crysis 2 from 2011 is no match for the so called next-gen consoles (including X1 you dumb dumbs, because PS4 > X1)

3)Your outdated pieces of Plastic boxes will never be able to produce anything the PC haven't produced already.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

30fps is perfectly fine for consoles

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By killzowned24

@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

When did I hype Ryse? I just reiterate what DF said. By the way, what does that make The Order which is 800p@30FPS I know it's 1920x800 but that's just 6.7% more pixels than Ryse. Sony has a 50% more powerful system.

You're doing right now even by just saying DF..lol Nobody believes for a second that ryse is the best like you not even the author of the DF article. In your words its literally worse than pathetic.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@I_can_haz: What if someone prefers Microsoft exclusives to Sony exclusives? Should they still just buy whatever system runs games better, even if they won't be getting what they want?