The Order 1886 | PS4 Gameplay Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@MikeMoose said:

@Pffrbt said:

@epic-gamerz said:

@Pffrbt said:

Oh god it's another fucking "cinematic" boring cover shooter. Can this please stop. Can they just fucking stop running this genre into the ground and actually try to make a third person shooter that's fresh and fun for a change?

The Last of Us. and you guys Still complain, so just STFU you Butt hurt

TLOU is ridiculously boring, so I have no idea why you brought it up or what point you're trying to make.

You thinking Last of Us is boring doesn't mean it actually is.

to him it is...that's all that matters in his world. him saying the game felt boring to him, makes it true. you can't say his opinion on a game he played is wrong.

#102 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO!!!! Damn, today has been a terrible day in Lemming land.

Sony's just dropping bombs after bombs on lems. Between this game, PS4 selling 5.3 million, and MGS being 720p on Xbone, this a horrible day to be a lem on SW.

Lems =

The Order looks pretty damn good. Gears with a style and flair all its own. This could get me to buy a PS4. MGS being 720 is meh, lol. 5.3 is a great number for the PS4 though. MS likely nearing 4 as we speak. Gonna be a wild and crazy year. But again, this is the first PS4 game that has impressed me.

#103 Posted by padaporra (3501 posts) -

Looks impressive graphically, the gameplay however looks worse than Gears of Wars back in 2006.

#104 Edited by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -

How to make amazing visuals:

1. Teeny tiny corridors

2. Make amazing character models but make everything else look just OK

3. Smear motion blur over everything to hide the janky framerate

4. Put fog everywhere

5. Colour grade the absolute shit out of everything so it looks cinematic.

Hopefully we'll see some more open areas in the trailer, or at least some more interesting gameplay. It certainly looks fantastic right now, but I hope it amounts to more than just a pretty looking cover shooter.

#105 Posted by Epic-gamerz (222 posts) -

Ready at Dawn made a Graphically impressive God of War game on the PSP, so it's no magic they can create CGI looking games on the PS4. Also gameplay wise, GOW on PSP had gameplay of a PS3 game even with such limited handheld hardware so I wouldn't worry about any future gameplay from the

#106 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Holy shit!

You can keep your crappy TitanCoD. This is next gen!

The Domination has Won!

#107 Posted by Shewgenja (16799 posts) -

So, is the big matchup going to be Gears of Steampunk vs TitanCoD?

#108 Posted by sts106mat (23563 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Holy shit!

You can keep your crappy TitanCoD. This is next gen!

The Domination has Won!

hahahaha

next gen = forced letterboxes & single player only, plus gameplay from 2006?

haha, i'll stick with xbox thanks

#109 Posted by 2mrw (5612 posts) -

those black bars .... very stupid idea .... I hope they give us the option to turn them off.

#110 Posted by nyzma23 (1000 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

Lems be Cried...

why ??? they all have ps4 lol stupid cow logic

#111 Posted by NFJSupreme (6308 posts) -

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a PS4. Looks good.

#112 Posted by jman1553 (1332 posts) -

When even 9GN says this game looks generic and disappointing, that is NOT a good sign.

All hype for this game- for me- is totally gone.

#113 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Wow, so this is what it looks like when you merge CGI with gameplay.

LOL at people judging the entire game on a snippet of gameplay from the beginning. There are open enviorments in this game, and the gameplay will be more diverse.

#114 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@sts106mat: Jelly confirmed.

#115 Edited by 2mrw (5612 posts) -

The shooting doesn't feel satisfying .... the game takes a lot from uncharted but uncharted itself got really really old in the 3rd installment .

#116 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xaSxSBXdnek

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xaSxSBXdnek

MORE VIDS. Wow what they are doing with the QTE events is very interesting, being able to look around and use the enviorment to your advantage.

#118 Posted by finalstar2007 (27850 posts) -

@jman1553 said:

When even 9GN says this game looks generic and disappointing, that is NOT a good sign.

Saying stuff out of the air is dumb so you either post a link or you dont post at all

#119 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@jman1553: link?

#120 Posted by jman1553 (1332 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@jman1553 said:

Saying stuff out of the air is dumb so you either post a link or you dont post at all

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals

Wow. literally 5 seconds of searching.

#121 Posted by D4RKL1NG (278 posts) -

@2mrw said:

The shooting doesn't feel satisfying .... the game takes a lot from uncharted but uncharted itself got really really old in the 3rd installment .

When you're done playing,please write us a review. Thanks.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#122 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO!!!! Damn, today has been a terrible day in Lemming land.

Sony's just dropping bombs after bombs on lems. Between this game, PS4 selling 5.3 million, and MGS being 720p on Xbone, this a horrible day to be a lem on SW.

Lems =

The Order looks pretty damn good. Gears with a style and flair all its own. This could get me to buy a PS4. MGS being 720 is meh, lol. 5.3 is a great number for the PS4 though. MS likely nearing 4 as we speak. Gonna be a wild and crazy year. But again, this is the first PS4 game that has impressed me.

lol m$ near 4m haha nice joke shawn. m$ is estimated to be at 3.3m by the geeks at gaff and they are usually very accurate with this stuff unless m$ release ww numbers i will go by their numbers in the meantime. curious where u pulled that 4m number from though

bone: 3.9m shipper to retailers and around 3m sold through as of jan. no way are they even close to 4m

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#123 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Good introduction to the world of The Order. Consider my interest piqued, and I will be keeping a beady eye on it going forward.

@zeeshanhaider said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The second keep ticking away before the full embargo is down... Crytek and Lemmings am cry

Come on, I need more than three minutes and this guy's fruity voice.

Still nothing on Crysis 2 from 2011 and that too at 800p with 30FPS. Welcome to 2010.

I'll tell you when I care about one of Cevat Yerli's tech demos.

#124 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@jman1553 said:

The desperation

#125 Posted by edwardecl (2241 posts) -

Looks good to me, new graphics king (although not true 1080p) if the no bullshots are to be believed. Imaginative use of QTE's (would be fucking awesome if it isn't scripted, for example take down an enemy with any object that is in the environment manhunt style). Not sure about the weird guns.

What else can you say...

#126 Posted by Szminsky (1469 posts) -

"I'm tired of both Fps and Tps, why can't they make something new"... Like a FOURTH person shooter!!!? :D

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#127 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Lemmings on Twitter are massively butthurt about The Order. This has been a wonderful day. >:D

#129 Posted by Heil68 (56786 posts) -

Wow, speechless. Beyond stunning and another true next gen game only found on the quad. We are humbled SONY.

#130 Posted by raging_user (467 posts) -

I've seen drying paint that looked more exciting than this.

I could see this becoming another Shadow Fall, looks good with high production values, but then it becomes a dust collector just like every SSM game

#131 Posted by Vatusus (6542 posts) -

Hermits will cry about this but why I wasnt wowed by a PC exclusive game like I was now. I've seen Crysis 3 on ultra settings and it never gave me an "wow impressive" feeling like this video did. Optimization does wonders. This game may have lower resolution, more effects to hide flaws, etc, etc, but the overall result is like nothing I've ever seen on PC. PC may have better hardware but it does nothing if you dont have the proper developers to take advantage out of it. Star Citizen looks really good though but thats just one example

#132 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Hermits will cry about this but why I wasnt wowed by a PC exclusive game like I was now. I've seen Crysis 3 on ultra settings and it never gave me an "wow impressive" feeling like this video did. Optimization does wonders. This game may have lower resolution, more effects to hide flaws, etc, etc, but the overall result is like nothing I've ever seen on PC. PC may have better hardware but it does nothing if you dont have the proper developers to take advantage out of it. Star Citizen looks really good though but thats just one example

I'm classified as a hermit here and I was impressed by the visuals. I'd agree that it rivals some of the best PC games visually because it's marrying technical aspects beautifully with it's art style. The lighting in particular is pretty great and the character models are some of the best I've seen

It has it's bad spots though like shitty AF and lack of POM on bricked walls or tesselation which Crysis walks all over it for. These things go unnoticed in hectic action sections though

#133 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

looks like bargain bin material to be honest. If this game weren't an exclusive nobody would ven be talking about it.

#134 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Oh , man. The asshurt is running wild already. Ps4 set to dominate with exclusives, as always.

#135 Edited by IamAdorable (407 posts) -

I'll wait until I see more footage. It looks pretty standard. Visuals are great though, but I don't expect anything less considering the tight corridors they were having gunfights in.

#136 Edited by Wasdie (52623 posts) -

Those graphics are mindblowing and I love the setting. That said, the little gameplay we saw left me unimpressed.

Those are easily some of the best visuals ever in any video game regardless of platform. I told people there was nothing to worry about with the PS4's GPU but they refused to believe me.

#137 Edited by tormentos (25100 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

How to make amazing visuals:

1. Teeny tiny corridors

2. Make amazing character models but make everything else look just OK

3. Smear motion blur over everything to hide the janky framerate

4. Put fog everywhere

5. Colour grade the absolute shit out of everything so it looks cinematic.

Hopefully we'll see some more open areas in the trailer, or at least some more interesting gameplay. It certainly looks fantastic right now, but I hope it amounts to more than just a pretty looking cover shooter.

Some of those are a joke,also i would like to see if the game has bigger more open environments,as of now it is like Ryse very enclosed,but it does look way better than Ryse.

The cinematic feels doesn't come from colors ,it comes from the different filters it has as well as the resolution.

#138 Edited by TheFadeForever (2615 posts) -

@Vatusus:

Yes because your wowed over low resolution

#139 Posted by Vatusus (6542 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@Vatusus:

Yes because your wowed over 800p solution

If it looks that good, yes I am

#140 Edited by KillzoneSnake (2057 posts) -

The new graphics king. It melts Shadow Fall and all PC games put together.

#141 Posted by Epic-gamerz (222 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake: except that Shadowfall is doing tesselation, global illumination, part ray tracing at 1080p.

#142 Posted by TheFadeForever (2615 posts) -

@Vatusus:

I guess the tiny corridors did to right?

#143 Posted by Peredith (2289 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

@KillzoneSnake: except that Shadowfall is doing tesselation, global illumination, part ray tracing at 1080p.

And The Order 1886 looks like Witcher 3s CGI but in real time.

#144 Posted by Seabas989 (12778 posts) -

Not sold on it yet since I need to see more gameplay but I am looking forward to seeing more about it later this year.

#145 Edited by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

Sure the character models look good and the game is filled with good looking effects, but there seems to be an abundance of ugly textures in this games. Also this game can't really be considered 1080p if a good chunk of the screen Isn't even being used.

#146 Posted by V3rciS (2228 posts) -

You see, that's another top quality brand new IP exclusive by Sony, unlike the rehashes MS tend to produce. And we haven't even seen the Naughty Gods possible creations.
Why lems still try to fight back? They have only Titanfall which is not even exclusive and all the rest of their IPs are Halo and Forza and Gears which we don't even know when they're comming. Besides PS4 is selling like mad already and has much better hardware, I call this war already finished, it even didn't had the chance to escalate properly lol.

#147 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5251 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@zeeshanhaider: dafuq? Crysis 2 is worst looking Crysis game. 1 & 3 are so much better

Technically it isn't. The only games that are technically better than Crysis 2 are Crysis 3, BF4 and Metro LL. Name one technical aspect any 'next-gen' game shown so far has over Crysis 2.

#148 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5251 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Good introduction to the world of The Order. Consider my interest piqued, and I will be keeping a beady eye on it going forward.

@zeeshanhaider said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The second keep ticking away before the full embargo is down... Crytek and Lemmings am cry

Come on, I need more than three minutes and this guy's fruity voice.

Still nothing on Crysis 2 from 2011 and that too at 800p with 30FPS. Welcome to 2010.

I'll tell you when I care about one of Cevat Yerli's tech demos.

You should care about it because when you guys are trying to claim ownage. Remember what happened last time? Your beloved exclusive lost to a pathetic 720Box game. I wouldn't be challenging Cevat Yerli with a tablet CPU and a GPU equivalent to a mid level GPU from 2010.

#150 Posted by biggest_loser (24223 posts) -

What's amazing here? There was barely 10 seconds of actual game play shown.