The Order: 1886 proves that everything's better in Japanese

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by KKFF (53 posts) -

EDIT: video embed doesn't work? Well here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuAPnCdDqsQ

You can clearly hear that the Japanese actors have poured their hearts into this performance. IMO the Japanese dub sounds much better than the original (which I thought sounded great).

And the music in this game is just so damn good, it keeps giving me goosebumps each and every time.

What do you think? I might play this game in Japanese now.

PS: I'm so glad that I own a PS4, so I get to play this epic title

#2 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Looks terrible. Will definitely pass on this crap.

#3 Edited by KKFF (53 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

And the jealousy begins LOL

#4 Posted by gameofthering (10080 posts) -

@kkff: Who knows. To me that trailer looks crap compared to the actual gameplay footage.

#5 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

Great voice acting, as expected.

#6 Posted by KKFF (53 posts) -

@kkff: Who knows. To me that trailer looks crap compared to the actual gameplay footage.

What actual gameplay footage? We have barely seen any gameplay footage.

And why does it look crap to you? Is there something wrong with your eyes?

#7 Edited by KKFF (53 posts) -

I agree, they sound much more badass in Japanese

#8 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6027 posts) -

Dumb

#9 Edited by Brainhunter (2201 posts) -

@kkff said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

I agree, they sound much more badass in Japanese

It's good voice work, but the Japanese voices do not fit within the European-Victorian theme of the entire game. It would be better off in English with Japanese subtitles, for Japanese gamers, the same way many anime based games whose roots are heavily buried in Japanese culture and mythology would provide original japanese voice audio with english subtitles for the Western audience.

#10 Edited by gameofthering (10080 posts) -

@kkff said:

@gameofthering said:

What actual gameplay footage? We have barely seen any gameplay footage.

And why does it look crap to you? Is there something wrong with your eyes?

I'm sure I've seen gameplay footage of the game. I'm certain it was posted on System Wars a few weeks ago.

The second question is a little hard to answer. It looks like bad CGI or something. It just has a certain look to it.

Go look at the Killzone 2 Debut trailer and then look at the actual game (KZ2 or KZ3)

My eyesight is bad sadly. Darn Videogames messed it up. I can't see far distances now without contacts :(

#11 Edited by bobbetybob (19110 posts) -

I can't judge voice acting in a language I don't understand, it's literally impossible.

As someone else said though it really doesn't suit the setting AT ALL.

#12 Posted by darkangel115 (1468 posts) -

Sorry but japanese gamers are the worse gamers ever lol.

#13 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

Really? I disagree. American gamers like COD and Halo, thus we have a whole freaking gen of milking repetition

#14 Posted by trugs26 (5209 posts) -

I can't judge voice acting in a language I don't understand, it's literally impossible.

First sentence-> Literally impossible to judge a language I don't understand
Second sectence-> Proceeds to judge

You can judge it by the feeling and how it goes with the atmosphere, how the emotion feels to you, etc. So you can judge, and furthermore, you did judge with your second sentence.

#16 Edited by cfisher2833 (1540 posts) -

Too bad the game looks like nothing more than another generic Gears clone--a Gears clone set in ye olde Victorian England. Pass. Fuckin Quadrilateral Cowboy is where it's at.

#17 Edited by uninspiredcup (7520 posts) -

This game looks like complete shit but buffoonery dictates because it's exclusive, the young console gamers must hype. Sonnys, grow up.

#18 Edited by darkangel115 (1468 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@darkangel115 said:

Really? I disagree. American gamers like COD and Halo, thus we have a whole freaking gen of milking repetition

from what I've read, most Japanese gamers

1) don't like difficult games

2) don't play online nor even hook their console up

3) prefer long grindy single player games mostly story driven

4) value colorful visuals and story over actual gameplay

None of this fits into what i like, games are meant to provide challenges, be social and have fun with friends, and gameplay > every other factor.

Also japanese gamers don't like anything with guns, it doesn't fit their culture.

#19 Edited by GhoX (4669 posts) -

Voice acting is as big as actual acting in Japan; it's in a completely different league from Western voice acting. Nonetheless, I prefer the native voice of any subject matter.

#20 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@darkangel115 said:

None of this fits into what i like, games are meant to provide challenges, be social and have fun with friends, and gameplay > every other factor.

Also japanese gamers don't like anything with guns, it doesn't fit their culture.

So they're terrible gamers because they don't fit your definition of what a gamer should be?

#21 Posted by darkangel115 (1468 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@darkangel115 said:

So they're terrible gamers because they don't fit your definition of what a gamer should be?

Yes, the fact that most would never play halo despite the great visuals, gameplay, story, universe etc all because the main character has a gun is sad. The fact that if it wasn't for western gaming XBL and PSN wouldn't exist.

#22 Edited by freedom01 (577 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@darkangel115 said:

1: Games such as Taiko no Tastujin, Project Diva, Dark Souls, Catherine says hi

2: dont know where you get your info, but Japanese gamers play online a lot

3: whats wrong with story driven games that actually has gameplay unlike Heavy Rain and Beyond Souls

4: yeah....that goes to the US as well

The way you see Japanese gamers are biased, Japanese gamers do enjoy challenging gameplay and play games with their friends or challenge others online.

And also if you say Western gamers are more social and play to have fun then COD and GTA Online says hi because they all are such GREAT people (sarcasm)

"Also japanese gamers don't like anything with guns, it doesn't fit their culture."

You are very very wrong on that, the Japanese play games that has guns, and mostly their preferred game for that is Battlefield 4, go check Japanese gaming sites and read the comments on what they are looking forward to when getting the PS4

#23 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

@kkff said:

EDIT: video embed doesn't work? Well here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuAPnCdDqsQ

You can clearly hear that the Japanese actors have poured their hearts into this performance. IMO the Japanese dub sounds much better than the original (which I thought sounded great).

And the music in this game is just so damn good, it keeps giving me goosebumps each and every time.

What do you think? I might play this game in Japanese now.

PS: I'm so glad that I own a PS4, so I get to play this epic title

Same old video that was shown at the E3. I'd like to see real gameplay. I already have it preordered, but more info and gameplay needs to be show. Still don't know if there is any release date for it yet.

#24 Edited by blackace (19996 posts) -

Yeah, I don't understand why they have Japanese voices, they the characters are obviously not Japanese. There is no way to tell if the voice acting is good or not unless you understand Japanese 100%. It's pretty obvious that this game will be released in Japan first I'm assuming. Otherwise the game would be in English with English words and voices. The game doesn't look terrible to me, but there is so much fog and haze, it doesn't have the best look. I would love to see real gameplay with less fog and blur.

#25 Posted by darkangel115 (1468 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@darkangel115 said:

1: Games such as Taiko no Tastujin, Project Diva, Dark Souls, Catherine says hi

2: dont know where you get your info, but Japanese gamers play online a lot

3: whats wrong with story driven games that actually has gameplay unlike Heavy Rain and Beyond Souls

4: yeah....that goes to the US as well

The way you see Japanese gamers are biased, Japanese gamers do enjoy challenging gameplay and play games with their friends or challenge others online.

And also if you say Western gamers are more social and play to have fun then COD and GTA Online says hi because they all are such GREAT people (sarcasm)

"Also japanese gamers don't like anything with guns, it doesn't fit their culture."

You are very very wrong on that, the Japanese play games that has guns, and mostly their preferred game for that is Battlefield 4, go check Japanese gaming sites and read the comments on what they are looking forward to when getting the PS4

I've read articles on it before. the numbers were staggering as in the % of players online, the % of players who would even plug in their console to the internet, the % that refuse to play a game because it has a gun, and the % that doesn't like challenging games were all over 70% I'll try and find the article

#26 Edited by freedom01 (577 posts) -

@blackace said:

@darkangel115 said:

Yeah, I don't understand why they have Japanese voices, they the characters are obviously not Japanese. There is no way to tell if the voice acting is good or not unless you understand Japanese 100%. It's pretty obvious that this game will be released in Japan first I'm assuming. Otherwise the game would be in English with English words and voices. The game doesn't look terrible to me, but there is so much fog and haze, it doesn't have the best look. I would love to see real gameplay with less fog and blur.

The game is the Japanese Version, its the trailer for Japan, and also they have Japanese voices so that the Japanese could understand it. Same goes with Japanese games that come gets localized for the US, they get US Voice rather than Japanese Voice. And the game would probably be released in the US first

#27 Edited by PernicioEnigma (5271 posts) -

Seeing white people in London speaking Japanese and sounding Japanese just looks silly.

#28 Edited by WG_McFartypants (218 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@darkangel115 said:

If all that were correct, I would like Japanese games a lot more.

#29 Posted by bobbetybob (19110 posts) -
@trugs26 said:

@bobbetybob said:

You can judge it by the feeling and how it goes with the atmosphere, how the emotion feels to you, etc. So you can judge, and furthermore, you

did

judge with your second sentence.

What I meant was I can't judge the quality of the voice acting, TC says it's "better than English" and really good, I just don't really see how I can get that from a language I don't speak. Sure you're right you can gauge whether or not someone sounds emotional but when I watch Korean/Japanese/Chinese movies I usually have a hard time distinguishing good from bad acting when the words they're saying are all nonsense to me.

And the second line was to do with Japanese voices in a game set in England, it seems super out of place in a game like this that seems to have a really immersive world, everyone suddenly speaking Japanese seems ridiculous.

#30 Posted by trugs26 (5209 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@bobbetybob said:

You can judge it by the feeling and how it goes with the atmosphere, how the emotion feels to you, etc. So you can judge, and furthermore, you

did

judge with your second sentence.

What I meant was I can't judge the quality of the voice acting, TC says it's "better than English" and really good, I just don't really see how I can get that from a language I don't speak. Sure you're right you can gauge whether or not someone sounds emotional but when I watch Korean/Japanese/Chinese movies I usually have a hard time distinguishing good from bad acting when the words they're saying are all nonsense to me.

And the second line was to do with Japanese voices in a game set in England, it seems super out of place in a game like this that seems to have a really immersive world, everyone suddenly speaking Japanese seems ridiculous.

Fair enough about your second point. The first I still disagree with, but that might be because we're different people and we interpret sounds differently.

#31 Edited by casharmy (6821 posts) -

The development crew confirmed that the trailer footage and gameplay footage use the exact same assets and nothing is switched out so you might need to get your eyes checked because it is all the same (also noteing the fact that only about 2 to 5 seconds of actual gameplay footage has been shown so far)

#32 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

looks like horseshit...wait, actually horseshit might just be better than the order

#33 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

watching a lot of anime and shit, english voice over's sure fucking can take a lesson or two from Japanese voice overs

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (26304 posts) -

This game looks like complete shit but buffoonery dictates because it's exclusive, the young console gamers must hype. Sonnys, grow up.

LOL and how old are you father time?

#35 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@kkff said:

@mrxboxone said:

And the jealousy begins LOL

Jealous? Do explain......

#36 Edited by farrell2k (5569 posts) -

I wonder if any of the people praising the Japanese voice work actually understand it...

#37 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23410 posts) -

i'm sure it will be pretty good.

hell how can they mess it up when they had gears of war right there in the room with them and strict orders to make a game exactly like it for sony as they designed it?

#38 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

I keep forgetting herms have no exclusives worth hyping. It must get boring

#39 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3646 posts) -

Honestly... this is easily the most exciting looking game that I have seen in a long time. It is SO PAINFUL to know it plays in OTS in a Gears of War/Every other shooter since Resident Evil screwed things up back in the day.... If this had a centered view I would be sitting on my hands to stop myself from clapping... however knowing I will dislike the camera angles and view points.... I am finding it very hard to get psyched for this game regardless of how bad ass the presentation... sigh...

At this point I am on the fence whether I will even purchase it or not, which is sad, because the game looks killer.... Maybe they will surprise us with alternate camera angles from within the options menu, but I will not hold my breathe.

The camera angles really killed Need For Speed for me as well... I purchased it because a buddy of mine told me how awesome it was... however, I absolutely HATE the camera angles (there are ONLY 2) in that game which has limited me to playing it twice. Beautiful weather effects, awesome sound, and completely ruined gameplay that could have been great with a few more camera options....

#40 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8558 posts) -

The former Mod here is formerly Janitor Supervisor, now a mailroom tech in Ready at Dawn

#41 Edited by FinalFighters (1351 posts) -

no thanks, i prefer the language that i actually understand/speak.

#42 Edited by Joedgabe (5091 posts) -

Everything's better in Japanese ? Even censored p0rn ?

#43 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

You sence wrong Yoder, I own a PS4. Only game worth getting is Infamous.

#44 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

5 hour long on-rails shooter

No thanks consoles.

#45 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13040 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@hitmanactual said:

@mrxboxone said:

You sence wrong Yoder, I own a PS4. Only game worth getting is Infamous.

Learn to spell you little shit. This is an english board.

What the hell is it with lemmings and being so uncultured and uneducated? You guys I swear..

#46 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2338 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

And I can bet it will have 20 min cutscenes/on rails sequences every now and then. Press 'X' to see a cutscene FTW.

#47 Posted by clyde46 (43955 posts) -

I agree TC, Japanese VO's are ten times better. I was so disappointed with FF13 when I couldn't have the Japanese VO's like I could in Lost Odessy.

#48 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I sense another TLOU coming for Sony. Looks awesome so far and I just love the setting and alternate history storyline.

Wow! Lems are 100% shitting it about this one. look how fast they flock to the thread to call it a POS. Like cows to a Titanfall thread.

#49 Posted by rosko123 (508 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@darkangel115 said:

^ has only been gaming since xbox 360...

#50 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1932 posts) -

Anyone who says The Order 1886 looks bad is nothing more than a butthurt Lem...PERIOD! This game looks amazing and fresh unlike the entire Xbone line up!