The Order: 1886 Only PS4 Could Handle Its Graphical Fidelity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@jun_aka_pekto said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

that old chestnut about the order 1886 being 1080p, and look, he was condescending to arctic edge as well.

dreams are free bro, it's 1920x800.

It's not even close to 1080p. Going by pixel count, 1920x800 is closer to 1600x900.

precisely my friend, precisely. in fact the maths has been done so many times i'm fairly certain that 1920x800 is a mere 7% more pixels than 900p.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

that old chestnut about the order 1886 being 1080p, and look, he was condescending to arctic edge as well.

dreams are free bro, it's 1920x800.

It's not even close to 1080p. Going by pixel count, 1920x800 is closer to 1600x900.

precisely my friend, precisely. in fact the maths has been done so many times i'm fairly certain that 1920x800 is a mere 7% more pixels than 900p.

I prefer if the developers stuck with a fullscreen 1600x900 and let the TV post-processing do its job. Perhaps if the game will be like Blu ray movies which can be zoomed up to cover the whole screen. Then it wouldn't be too bad.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

the Pre-order bonus is a bucket of popcorn... :D Dat Cinematic Experience.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

Still waiting on you to post a pic/gif/vid of the best looking PC exclusive coming out this year. :)

You said PS4 is first place in gfx, PC already has better gfx in Arma3 and Crysis3 ultra. Please stop changing the subject.

Btw: Upcomming PC exclusives w/ better gfx than anything on consoles: Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, UT, Dreadnaught, etc.

*posts 2012 PC game and a 2013 multiplat game YOU got upset for me using as an exmaple of PC best graphics*

So nothing then? Ok.

It's weird you got upset for me for originally stating PS4 had the best graphics for exclusives games at lest til the year 2016 when you had nothing to counter all along. And I did explicitly say exclusives

FYI: Elite Dangerous is also coming to PS4, Star Citizen doens't have a release date not sure about the other games but to be honest, you are just rattling off a bunch of PC exclusive games.

Much like most other posters desperate to make arguments to make a claim to having made a good argument...what do you have to back you up?

Arma 3 and Crysis 3 as good as they look are old shit and C3 is multiplat. There are better looking games coming out now and even tho you may suggest Star Citizen, and Dreadnaught, weren't they at e3? Well provide some outside critical opinion who agrees with you!

You are a PC fan so you will simply say any upcoming PC game wins so that isn't worth anything, I want to know if can you find me some unbiased critical journalists who voted either of those PC exclusives best looking game at E3 this year?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

The game looks amazing but I'm still far from sold on it. The combat looked pretty boring and average.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

Still waiting on you to post a pic/gif/vid of the best looking PC exclusive coming out this year. :)

You said PS4 is first place in gfx, PC already has better gfx in Arma3 and Crysis3 ultra. Please stop changing the subject.

Btw: Upcomming PC exclusives w/ better gfx than anything on consoles: Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, UT, Dreadnaught, etc.

It's weird you got upset for me for originally stating PS4 had the best graphics for exclusives games at lest til the year 2016

• Star Citizen
  • Elite Dangerous
  • UT
  • DreadNaught
  • The Forest
  • Ethan Carter
  • ForNight (possibly on ultra, this isn't a certainty)
  • Likely dozens of multiplats on ultra

Keep playing second fiddle in gfx, high scoring games count, and online. I'm sure lying/trolling about it on an internet forum will help.

You are one of the easier trolls to own. Thanks for that. Cranler however, a tough cookie to crack due to that stupid subtle/cryptic posting with 100 mile long quote chains.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MK-Professor said:

Bragging about a game that runs at 800p & 30fps in 2015 ? come on...

The best thing the developers/sony can do is to NOT talk at all about graphics.

What TPS game on PC is better graphics than this? Not talking about resolution, I'm talking about graphics.

Why it have to be TPS ? and yes I have play a couple TPS games on PC in the last years that look and play better than this game.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

The X1 could run the game, and I have no doubt it wouldn't graphically perform quite as well as the PS4, but I wonder if the downgrade would be as significant as they make out which warrants the comment.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

The X1 could run the game, and I have no doubt it wouldn't graphically perform quite as well as the PS4, but I wonder if the downgrade would be as significant as they make out which warrants the comment.

The game targets 30FPS,the PS4 under stress can run from 15 to 30 FPS faster than the xbox one in games,in demanding ones likes BF4 it runs at 900p vs 720p on xbox one + 10 FPS faster as well,so that translate into frames alone would have been like 20 or 25 FPS more,at the current state and resolution the game would run on xbox one at 10 FPS probably or even less,it would not run.

Now at 720p it probably would at with something lower in quality,to run it at 1920x800p it would have to be downgraded visually,those exclusives don't hold back like multiplatforms dude so that the PS4 version don't totally abuse the xbox one version,those exclusives will push the hardware hard,so i think without a downgrade it will not run,now at 720p yeah it should with something lower.

Anything the PS4 run the xbox one can run it as well,just water down.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

It's weird you got upset for me for originally stating PS4 had the best graphics for exclusives games at lest til the year 2016

• Star Citizen
  • Elite Dangerous
  • UT
  • DreadNaught
  • The Forest
  • Ethan Carter

Keep playing second fiddle in gfx, high scoring games count, and online. I'm sure lying/trolling about it on an internet forum will help.

You are one of the easier trolls to own. Thanks for that. Cranler however, a tough cookie to crack due to that stupid subtle/cryptic posting with 100 mile long quote chains.

Fail, you listed The Forest which looks like crap compared to other graphically impressive games. PC loses this year best graphics on Exclusive games, and since most of those games were at E3 and you could even find 1 source backing you up saying they had the best graphics at E3 you lose for next year as well (does ANYTHING in your list even have solid release dates?)

lol, You did just what I said you were doing before with listing any random PC games like a puppet as if that means you win. You are a PC fans and have biases, so you need some kind of objective critical source to back you up yet you bring nothing but baseless opinion. It's ok I am sure 2016 your blind devotion to hyping all things PC will bear fruit until then, it looks like PS4 will rain supreme.

(BTW: I had something prepared for you if you would have provided some kind of verifiable argument but i see it's not needed with you. I like how you deleted the part of my post where I ask you to present an out side source to back your opinion, classy.)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts
@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

The game targets 30FPS,the PS4 under stress can run from 15 to 30 FPS faster than the xbox one in games,in demanding ones likes BF4 it runs at 900p vs 720p on xbox one + 10 FPS faster as well,so that translate into frames alone would have been like 20 or 25 FPS more,at the current state and resolution the game would run on xbox one at 10 FPS probably or even less,it would not run.

Now at 720p it probably would at with something lower in quality,to run it at 1920x800p it would have to be downgraded visually,those exclusives don't hold back like multiplatforms dude so that the PS4 version don't totally abuse the xbox one version,those exclusives will push the hardware hard,so i think without a downgrade it will not run,now at 720p yeah it should with something lower.

Anything the PS4 run the xbox one can run it as well,just water down.

I guess, but back when BF4 was a thing, the X1 was struggling to perform in general. BF4 might possibly run a little differently on the X1 if they were releasing it now.
Everyone was struggling with the X1 after launch, Forza 5 imo doesn't look leaps and bounds better than Forza 4. However I think Forza Horizon 2 looks much better than Forza 5.

RepetitiousV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#212 RepetitiousV2
Member since 2014 • 74 Posts

I like turtles

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#213 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@repetitiousv2 said:

I like turtles

I like trains.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@repetitiousv2 said:

I like turtles

I like trains.

I like turtles & trains but if that's what it takes to love ya... hmm, hmm. (spiders & snakes) :P

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#215  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@repetitiousv2 said:

I like turtles

I like trains.

I hate both turtles and trains :P :)

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 inggrish

@deadline-zero0 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@repetitiousv2 said:

I like turtles

I like trains.

I hate both turtles and trains :P :)

well... well...

I hate you! :P

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 inggrish

@SecretPolice said:

@_Matt_ said:

@repetitiousv2 said:

I like turtles

I like trains.

I like turtles & trains but if that's what it takes to love ya... hmm, hmm. (spiders & snakes) :P

Ah, spiders and snakes work well too :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@SecretPolice said:

@_Matt_ said:

@repetitiousv2 said:

I like turtles

I like trains.

Dunno why but when I read the posts it made me think of this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJVA6pKWpw

:P

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

The Order: 1886 Dev Says PS4 the Only Console That Could Handle Its Graphical Fidelity

The developers behind the PS4-exclusive shooter talk about their upcoming game and why it needed to be on Sony's hardware.

Ready at Dawn, the studio behind the upcoming third-person shooter, The Order: 1886, has revealed the game's visual quality could have only been achieved on the PlayStation 4.

Speaking at a recent Sony event in New York, J Goldberg, community manager at Ready at Dawn, said the studio came up with the idea for The Order: 1886 while still making games for the PSP. However, the game's main conceit--an experience that feels like a movie but plays like a game--required a console with the right technical specifications. "We couldn’t have achieved this graphical fidelity with any other console," Goldberg said.

The studio used full performance capture for all characters in the game, as well as the same character model for gameplay sequences and cutscenes, making the transition from one to the other almost seamless. "We're moving the camera in space, we're not loading in a video."

"We're moving the camera in space, we're not loading in a video." -- Goldberg

First announced at E3 2013, The Order: 1886 takes place in Victorian London, where a faster, stronger Industrial Revolution has created new technologies and gadgetry. But some Dickensian misery remains--the lower classes, unsatisfied with their lot in life, threaten the social order. Keeping order is a group of knights descended from King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, a group of morally just peacekeepers who protect the upper classes. Adding to the threat are packs of half-breed monsters--part-human, part-animal--who've been at war with the human race since the seventh century.

The Knights have an advantage--a supernatural element called Black Water, which allows them to move faster and heal more quickly, as well as a diverse range of sophisticated steampunk weapons. A few examples include a thermite rifle that shoots clouds of aluminium oxide pellets and an Arc Gun, which fires bolts of lightning.

"There hasn't really been a game set in this period," Goldberg said. "There were a lot of incredibly cool things that happened, with the government, with inventions, and so on--folks love that stuff. We knew we could have a lot of fun with it if we took that rich history and put our own spin on it."

The Order: 1886 launches exclusively on PS4 on February 20, 2015, and you can read more about our hands-on experience with the game at E3 right here.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-order-1886-dev-says-ps4-the-only-console-that-/1100-6421270/

because a sony dev is really going to say. " yeah we could easily do this on PC and with a few limitations on the X1"...

Fail thread OP..... idiot

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 inggrish
@SecretPolice said:

@_Matt_ said:

@SecretPolice said:

@_Matt_ said:

@repetitiousv2 said:

I like turtles

I like trains.

Dunno why but when I read the posts it made me think of this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJVA6pKWpw

:P

I don't know why either, but I do not regret those 3 minutes watching that :P

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto

Quit kidding yourself, it's not just 1920x800 son, don't forget 4xmsaa! That's a lot more taxing and bandwidth consuming than a typical 1080p buffer with post aa. I can't stress this fact enough here since it's so overlooked. Anyway RAD is right tho, nothing on XBone looks even remotely close to The Order.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@gpuking said:

@jun_aka_pekto

Quit kidding yourself, it's not just 1920x800 son, don't forget 4xmsaa! That's a lot more taxing and bandwidth consuming than a typical 1080p buffer with post aa. I can't stress this fact enough here since it's so overlooked. Anyway RAD is right tho, nothing on XBone looks even remotely close to The Order.

Big deal. Lots of games use 4xMSAA on the PC. I myself use 8xMSAA in Far Cry 3. I'd use MSAA too in Watch Dogs if TXAA isn't available. Watch Dogs can use up to 8xMSAA.

It's the developers' fault for using 4xMSAA and then castrating the resolution. They should stick with what a PS4 can handle full-screen instead of relying on gimmicks.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

We're talking about consoles here no body cares about what you use on your pc, can you play The Order on your PC at all? Now how is using 4xmsaa a fault? RAD said they can go back to 1080p post aa any time they want so the issue is moot, besides 1920 x 800 is not upscaled, it's 1:1 pixel mapping so you get native 1080p quality just with black bars.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@gpuking said:

We're talking about consoles here no body cares about what you use on your pc, can you play The Order on your PC at all? Now how is using 4xmsaa a fault? RAD said they can go back to 1080p post aa any time they want so the issue is moot, besides 1920 x 800 is not upscaled, it's 1:1 pixel mapping so you get native 1080p quality just with black bars.

I'm talking about the AA method which is 4xMSAA, not The Order. 4xMSAA isn't anything special. You're the one who brought it up though.

Why not just stick with 1080p and 4xMSAA then? Why go through all this BS of having 1920x800 with black bars? All the latter will accomplish is annoy people. Upscaling can be remedied by sitting farther back. There's no such solution for those who get annoyed by the black bars.

Now, if everyone has a 21:9 monitor, things will be golden.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

• Star Citizen
  • Elite Dangerous
  • UT
  • DreadNaught
  • The Forest
  • Ethan Carter

lol, You did just what I said you were doing before with listing any random PC games like a puppet as if that means you win.

Random games that look better than console exclusives when on ultra.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MK-Professor said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MK-Professor said:

Bragging about a game that runs at 800p & 30fps in 2015 ? come on...

The best thing the developers/sony can do is to NOT talk at all about graphics.

What TPS game on PC is better graphics than this? Not talking about resolution, I'm talking about graphics.

Why it have to be TPS ? and yes I have play a couple TPS games on PC in the last years that look and play better than this game.

Well I just said TPS so it was more of a direct comparison. So the graphical focus points are as similar as possible.

What TPS games do you mean? There are some fantastic looking TPS of PC tbh.

In order to be a direct comparison it needs to be the same game, same art, same developer, same budget, etc

All these TPS games look and play spectacular at 2560x1440, 60fps, max settings with mods or without mods, hitman, tombraider, skyrim(as TPS with mods), sleeping dogs, watching dogs, witcher 2,etc