The Order: 1886 Only PS4 Could Handle Its Graphical Fidelity

#151 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26243 posts) -

Too bad the game is in faux 1080p.

#152 Posted by super600 (31031 posts) -

RAD really needs to stop bragging about how this game looks and how cinematic it is and show some proper gameplay of this game for once. This game has continued to disappoint me every single time RAD has shown some footage of it.

#153 Edited by darkangel115 (2207 posts) -

@super600 said:

RAD really needs to stop bragging about how this game looks and how cinematic it is and show some proper gameplay of this game for once. This game has continued to disappoint me every single time RAD has shown some footage of it.

Its because they built their own engine for the game and the framerate and IQ aren't performing up to par. Its why they got delayed. Bigger companies will make a small build to show off but its separate form the game itself and takes time/money to do and RAD doesn't have the staff for it. I'm still excited for the game. Its the only thing I have on my PS4 wishlist gamewise and I'd love to get some use out of it, But the game just isn't ready to show anything decent and probably wont for a while.

#154 Edited by super600 (31031 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@super600 said:

Its because they built their own engine for the game and the framerate and IQ aren't performing up to par. Its why they got delayed. Bigger companies will make a small build to show off but its separate form the game itself and takes time/money to do and RAD doesn't have the staff for it. I'm still excited for the game. Its the only thing I have on my PS4 wishlist gamewise and I'd love to get some use out of it, But the game just isn't ready to show anything decent and probably wont for a while.

I do agree with you, but they do not need to make statements like this every couple of weeks. Statements like this make me lose interest in their game even more.It doesn't help that what they have shown so far isn't that great.

#155 Posted by KeyPace (22 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Sony developer says something good about Sony hardware, more at 11.

RAD is not an exclusive Sony developer.

Next time, stop and think before rushing to post a dumb little sarcastic comment

Regardless, how is that even relevant? What he said is 100% truth

Do you think the under powered xbone could run the Order with all its effects, in all its glory, and at 1080p like the PS4 is?

Hell no! The xbone wouldnt even come close without serious downgrades and sacrifices

Facts are facts...PS4 is significantly more powerful then the xbone is...the PS4 is the most powerful console by large margins..Graphically impressive games on PS4 WILL NOT BE capable on any other consoles at the same fidelity...

Its time for you to accept reality

#156 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -

There are no facts as Ready At Dawn has never tried to create The Order 1886 on the XB1 or the Wii U. They don't know what those systems are capable of. They are just get paid by Sony to do some PR spin. Yes there will be graphical games on the Wii U and XB1 that will blow The Order 1886 away before this generation is over. We're just getting started.

#157 Posted by KeyPace (22 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well movies are more technically Demanding.... :)

Quantum Break is a movie game thats even MORE linear and scripted and it still doesnt look half as good as The Order does...Youre excuse = null and void....

Look at Ryse too. Btw which is another movie game Microsoft exclusive (all Microsoft exclusives are just movie games done WRONG)

Ryse is one of the most linear, shallow, braindead AAA games ever,

YET Infamous, an open world PS4 exclusive still looked better

#158 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -

So it's just like last gen where all devs that make exclusives for Sony will tout the power of the platform and claim that their games are only possible on a Playstation platform?

#159 Posted by clyde46 (47468 posts) -

@keypace said:

Whether its PR or not, he is 100% correct

How is this even debatable

Look at the specs of each console

The PS4 blows the xbone out of the water when it comes to specs and hardware (mind you for the same price. PS4 FTW)

Look at how most multi-platform games run 1080p on PS4 versus 720/900p on xbone lol (xbone is insanely under-powered and over priced)

Look at how current PS4 exclusives in Kilzone and Infamous look LEAGUES better then any current xbone games out on the market right now

Now look at how future PS4 exclusives like Drive Club, The Order, and Uncharted LOOK an ENTIRE GENERATION BETTER then any xbone games ever (present or future)

Hell, the Order, Drive Club and Uncharted LOOK better then anything ive ever seen period (PC games included) The PS4 is a beast !

Its simply a cold hard fact that the PS4 is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful then the xbone is..proven time and time again..By extension any graphics pushers on the PS4 will simply NOT be capable on any other console with the same fidelity that is possible on PS4

The xbone WILL NEVER get a game in its life time that is as consistently graphically impressive as the Order is at 1080p. The xbone just doesnt have the hardware to do it. Deal with the facts

All hes saying is that the PS4 allows them to push the graphics they want and no OTHER cosole would allow them the sam

Anyone trying to misconstrue what he said in order to take console warrior fanboy pot shots at the Order or Sony is an xbox fanboy with an agenda or a playstation hater jumping at this chance to hate. What ever the case is they make themselfes look bad and only bring people and real fans together in greater SUPPORT of The Order/PS4

The Order looks amazing! Cant wait to play it. Then theres Bloodbourn and Uncharted coming! Awesome time to be a PS4 owner. So glad I have a PS4!!! Thank you Sony.

Hey look its brofists!

#161 Posted by KeyPace (22 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Dont be ignorant, do the research, its 1080p

Would you say 1080p Blue Ray movies with letter boxers are not 1080p because of letter boxers

Of course not. Same thing

A native 1080p resolution is being rendered in the Order with in the frame (within the letter boxers)

#162 Posted by Snugenz (12765 posts) -

@keypace said:

@charizard1605 said:

Sony developer says something good about Sony hardware, more at 11.

RAD is not an exclusive Sony developer.

Next time, stop and think before rushing to post a dumb little sarcastic comment

Regardless, how is that even relevant? What he said is 100% truth

Do you think the under powered xbone could run the Order with all its effects, in all its glory, and at 1080p like the PS4 is?

Hell no! The xbone wouldnt even come close without serious downgrades and sacrifices

Facts are facts...PS4 is significantly more powerful then the xbone is...the PS4 is the most powerful console by large margins..Graphically impressive games on PS4 WILL NOT BE capable on any other consoles at the same fidelity...

Its time for you to accept reality

The PS4 can't run the game at 1080p either brofists.

#163 Edited by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

@keypace said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Would you say 1080p Blue Ray movies with letter boxers are not 1080p because of letter boxers

A native 1080p resolution is being rendered in the Order with in the frame (within the letter boxers)

It's 1080p but the letter box cripples the effect of being full 1080p since the black boxes change the aspect ratio and save processing power. What they are rendering currently would be more difficult if they didn't use the letter box. I don't think the internal of the letterbox is 1080p either.

#164 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@keypace said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

yip. i would say a blu ray movie at 1920x800 was at 1920x800, but that's because i like being technically correct.

not that i'd think it was sensible to draw resolution guidelines from the marketing materials of movies. i mean, that's not a dynamic content like a video game.

a 1920x1080 scene is harder to render than a 1920x800 scene, but for a blu ray player playing back these two different footages, really, if they are both within the blu ray specification .... well straight away you can see that they're completely different workflows, completely different things.

you're welcome.

#165 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4836 posts) -

@keypace said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Quantum Break is a movie game thats even MORE linear and scripted and it still doesnt look half as good as The Order does...Youre excuse = null and void....

Look at Ryse too. Btw which is another movie game Microsoft exclusive (all Microsoft exclusives are just movie games done WRONG)

LOL, you're adorable. Most of The Order's "gameplay" shwon so far is cutscenes. Also, forget the word linear. It seems more like a set piece game than linear. I think only Quantic Dream games can be worse.

Ryse is shallow indeed, but i bet it has a better game to cutscene ratio than TO1886. Also, how do you know about Quantum Break?

#166 Posted by darkangel115 (2207 posts) -

@super600 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@super600 said:

I do agree with you, but they do not need to make statements like this every couple of weeks. Statements like this make me lose interest in their game even more.It doesn't help that what they have shown so far isn't that great.

I agree, But i think its their way of keeping the game relevant w/o anything to show. keeping the hype up. They know fanboys love to hear how powerful the PS4 is and this gives them attention.

#167 Posted by cainetao11 (19276 posts) -

Cool. Hope its fun to play.

#168 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18327 posts) -

@KeyPace

If you wana get me all riled up then make fun of Nintendo, I hate Xbox.

#170 Posted by clyde46 (47468 posts) -

@lovepcgaming said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

That's because you're a fanboy, with them thick fanboy goggles on.

If it isn't the old "your a fanboy" excuse. That's not an argument, that is a demonstration of your lack of your lack of intellect. Come back when you actually have an argument.

I see there are alot of clowns running around who think they can win arguments with nothing but childish taunts and empty one-liners. I am leading a crusade to clear these kind of trash posts and posters off of SW.

The worst offenders being those who just come in arguments and scream fanboy as if they have said something grand.

You "honestly havn't seen a better looking PC exclusive", is because you're a fanboy, there is no other explanation.

You're a fanboy, fanboy, no need to deny it. "your lack of your lack of intellect" lololol

Why do you even exist?

Here, let me demonstrate an argument on your level.

No, u dah fanboy, fanboy...you lose hur hur hur

There, you should be able to understand that since your aren't capable of actually forming any other kind of responses above that level. You can also take that as any response you'll get from me to your idiotic and pointless posts from now on...fanboy! smh run along now.

Thank you! Good post. Youre tearing Snugenz a new ahole. Love it

For those not aware, Snugenz is mentally ill. Im not even kidding. Its been confirmed. Hes so delusional that in his mind, hes a good poster while everyone else is the fanboy

Snugenz is a known xbot troll/PC troll.

Snugenz has already been exposed long ago as the delusional Playstation hater he is.

Hes long been considered the village crazy person and is often ignored. But every once in a while someone like you tears him a new ahole and its awesome:)

Good work

Who are you?

#171 Posted by LovePCgaming (16 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@keypace said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Donpn be ignorant, do the research, its 1080p

It's 1080p but the letter box cripples the effect of being full 1080p since the black boxes change the aspect ratio and save processing power. What they are rendering currently would be more difficult if they didn't use the letter box. I don't think the internal of the letterbox is 1080p either.

Its full 1080p. Its not upscaled. Its not lower res. The frame itself is full 1080p resolution. They went with letter boxes as a design choice to make it look more film like.

You really should take the time to read up on it before speaking about something you dont have a clear understanding of

#172 Posted by lostrib (42159 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@lovepcgaming said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

That's because you're a fanboy, with them thick fanboy goggles on.

If it isn't the old "your a fanboy" excuse. That's not an argument, that is a demonstration of your lack of your lack of intellect. Come back when you actually have an argument.

I see there are alot of clowns running around who think they can win arguments with nothing but childish taunts and empty one-liners. I am leading a crusade to clear these kind of trash posts and posters off of SW.

The worst offenders being those who just come in arguments and scream fanboy as if they have said something grand.

You "honestly havn't seen a better looking PC exclusive", is because you're a fanboy, there is no other explanation.

You're a fanboy, fanboy, no need to deny it. "your lack of your lack of intellect" lololol

Why do you even exist?

Here, let me demonstrate an argument on your level.

No, u dah fanboy, fanboy...you lose hur hur hur

There, you should be able to understand that since your aren't capable of actually forming any other kind of responses above that level. You can also take that as any response you'll get from me to your idiotic and pointless posts from now on...fanboy! smh run along now.

For those not aware, Snugenz is mentally ill. Im not even kidding. Its been confirmed. Hes so delusional that in his mind, hes a good poster while everyone else is the fanboy

Snugenz has already been exposed long ago as the delusional Playstation hater he is.

Hes long been considered the village crazy person and is often ignored. But every once in a while someone like you tears him a new ahole and its awesome:)

Good work

Who are you?

more brofists?

#173 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

@lovepcgaming said:

@ActicEdge said:

@keypace said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Donpn be ignorant, do the research, its 1080p

Its full 1080p. Its not upscaled. Its not lower res. The frame itself is full 1080p resolution. They went with letter boxes as a design choice to make it look more film like.

You really should take the time to read up on it before speaking about something you dont have a clear understanding of

I understand that it renders a full 1080p frame but by having the letter box around the image they save processing power since it's incredibly easy to have a part of your screen always rendering black with no effects. That's what I'm saying.

#175 Edited by Snugenz (12765 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@lovepcgaming said:

Good work

Who are you?

more brofists?

Yup. And apparently i've made brofists mighty mad, haha.

My work here is done.

#176 Posted by LovePCgaming (16 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@keypace said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

LOL, you're adorable. Most of The Order's "gameplay" shwon so far is cutscenes. Also, forget the word linear. It seems more like a set piece game than linear. I think only Quantic Dream games can be worse.

Ryse is shallow indeed, but i bet it has a better game to cutscene ratio than TO1886. Also, how do you know about Quantum Break?

Quantum Break is a heavily advertised cinematic shooter with movie episodes etc. Thats what we know

In truth theres been little footage shown of Quantum Break, just like there has been little foptage shown of the Order. So how do you know what The Order is like?

How can you act like The Order has enough footage to be judged whole sale, while Quamtum Break cant? Oh thats right, because your an xbox fanboy troll

But if anything, people who actually did play The Order at E3 said the gunplay is fantastic. People who have actually played The Order have said that they enjoyed the gamplay. Look at all the awards The Order won at E3 as well

So at least we know that about the Order, and that of course that its graphics are the best we have seen yet to date.

I bet you The Order will go onto be a better game and have better gamplay then Quantum Break. Current Remedy is a shadow of their former selfes and hasnt made a good game in over 11 years

P.S the WHOLE last hour of Ryse was literally NOTHING but cut scenes

In Ryse you spent way more time watching cut scenes or doing QTEs then actually playing

Id argue that at least in a game like Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls you have more interactive control and plus choices to make that impact the playthrough or story

#177 Posted by freedomfreak (43048 posts) -

When people talk about the craziest fanboy faction, they don't take brofists into account.

#178 Posted by lostrib (42159 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

When people talk about the craziest fanboy faction, they don't take brofists into account.

To be honest, brofist could be his own faction considering how many alts he's had

#180 Posted by freedomfreak (43048 posts) -
@lostrib said:

To be honest, brofist could be his own faction considering how many alts he's had

lol. Touché.

#181 Posted by lostrib (42159 posts) -

@lovepcgaming said:

Wow, theres an xbox fanboy mod deleting posts in this thread. We should raise alarm about this. I emcourage others to PM admins etc

This was my post. And it VOILATED NO rules to be deleted, so im posting it again

"This is how you know Playstation is winning on the exclusives front too

Playstation exclusive threads are always the biggest and most active threads

By comparison, SunSut OverDrive and Quantum Break threads are lucky to ever get more then 2 pages long LMAO

That proves how people are more interested in PS4 exclusives

No one cares about xbone/microsoft exclusives.

As per usual Playstation exclusives continue to dominate ALL interest and mind share

you dont waist your time trying to discredit something you truly dont care for

Xboners/hermits talk more about Playstation exclusives then their exclusives. Says IT ALL. Check set and match"

^ truer words have never been spoken

probably got deleted for your atrocious spelling and grammar

#182 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

that old chestnut about the order 1886 being 1080p, and look, he was condescending to arctic edge as well.

dreams are free bro, it's 1920x800.

#183 Posted by super600 (31031 posts) -

Keep this thread on topic guys. Ignore the alt accounts that are posting in this thread.

#184 Edited by lostrib (42159 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@keypace said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

yip. i would say a blu ray movie at 1920x800 was at 1920x800, but that's because i like being technically correct.

Technically correct

The best kind of correct

#185 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@lostrib: my favourite quote from that episode:

"Oh no. She's right behind me isn't she?" - BBR

"No. I'm in front of you." - female bureaucrat whose name evades me.

#186 Posted by SambaLele (5532 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@keypace said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I liked that, I'm probably going to borrow that expression in the future. Should be issued an unit so it's an official measurement standard. Like miles, kilograms, etc. But it needs a name... like gamecuts or something.

#187 Posted by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

So many alts... is this a way to get "more" supporters for the cows?

#188 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -
@blackace said:

@Shielder7 said:

I don't really believe this, the PS4 is more powerful for sure and could run it better, but Xbox One still could be able to run it IMO.

The Wii U could run that game. 1st and 2nd party developers will say whatever Sony tells them to say since they are paying them to make the games. This goes for Nintendo and Microsoft as well. It's just PR spin to try to make a game sound superiors to the competition. All everyone needs to know is that every company lies about something.

Well I have to agree with santoron Technically it's not really a lie, and I wouldn't go as far as the Wii U could run the game they would have to chop it all to hell in which it would be the same game in name only.

@blackace said:

@amazonangry said:

I'm surprised the PC can't handle it. Ps4 is a force to be reckoned with.

We all know the PC could run this easily. He didn't mention the PC for that reason. The PC would run it at 1080P at 60fps.

The PC would run it at 1080P at 60fps sure if you're sitting with a $1500-2500 rig in front of you, most people don't have that.

#189 Edited by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@ccagracing said:

does this game have online co-op as per Destiny or is it just a single player game! I know it has no competitive multiplayer.

single player only

#190 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@blackace said:

@Shielder7 said:

I don't really believe this, the PS4 is more powerful for sure and could run it better, but Xbox One still could be able to run it IMO.

The Wii U could run that game. 1st and 2nd party developers will say whatever Sony tells them to say since they are paying them to make the games. This goes for Nintendo and Microsoft as well. It's just PR spin to try to make a game sound superiors to the competition. All everyone needs to know is that every company lies about something.

Well I have to agree with santoron Technically it's not really a lie, and I wouldn't go as far as the Wii U could run the game they would have to chop it all to hell in which it would be the same game in name only.

@blackace said:

@amazonangry said:

We all know the PC could run this easily. He didn't mention the PC for that reason. The PC would run it at 1080P at 60fps.

The PC would run it at 1080P at 60fps sure if you're sitting with a $1500-2500 rig in front of you, most people don't have that.

You need a rig that would cost less than $1000 easily to run this at 1080p 60fps,so don´t exagerate,for those kinds of prices you mentioned you´d be running it at 1440p and 120 fps,something that most likely even the next cosnoles after this gen won´t be able to do,if they even end up existing that is.

And according to the steam stats wich is something that most people seem to bring up to acess the PC market(as if every PC gamer in existence has either a steam acount or has updated their latest rig to the database),while you could say the majority doesn´t have rigs like that,the ones that do still make up to around to 30% of the steam userbase(so about 20 Million),and that´s already more people than both the ps4 and xb1 have together at this point,and the gen just started.

#191 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
a $1500-2500 rig in front of you

Bullshit and you know it.

#192 Posted by lostrib (42159 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@Shielder7 said:
@blackace said:

@Shielder7 said:

@blackace said:

@amazonangry said:

You need a rig that would cost less than $1000 easily to run this at 1080p 60fps,so don´t exagerate,for those kinds of prices you mentioned you´d be running it at 1440p and 120 fps,something that most likely even the next cosnoles after this gen won´t be able to do,if they even end up existing that is.

And according to the steam stats wich is something that most people seem to bring up to acess the PC market(as if every PC gamer in existence has either a steam acount or has updated their latest rig to the database),while you could say the majority doesn´t have rigs like that,the ones that do still make up to around to 30% of the steam userbase(so about 20 Million),and that´s already more people than both the ps4 and xb1 have together at this point,and the gen just started.

yay arguing unprovable things!

#193 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Nanomage said:

@Shielder7 said:
@blackace said:

@Shielder7 said:

@blackace said:

@amazonangry said:

yay arguing unprovable things!

What part is unprovable? The only one I can think of was the part about the consoles after this gen not being able to do 144op/120fps,wich considering how this gen that just started is already going,its not much of a stretch at all,after all,last gen consoles were the ones that were supposed to do "full hd" at 60fps early on and after the first few months of releases barely any other high end looking games ever achieved that.

#194 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Game still looks boring as fuck

#195 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

You need a rig that would cost less than $1000 easily to run this at 1080p 60fps,so don´t exagerate.

I'm not consoles are more efficient at what they do than PC, if you were to build a PC with the same specs as a console it wouldn't be able to run the PC version as well as the console. You have less background programs and other crap in consoles that don't eat up resources. Granted consoles have become more multimedia but they're still more cut and dry than PCs.

#196 Posted by Phazevariance (11063 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Agreed, even if its at 900p. Still would run.

#197 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (17329 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

that old chestnut about the order 1886 being 1080p, and look, he was condescending to arctic edge as well.

dreams are free bro, it's 1920x800.

It's not even close to 1080p. Going by pixel count, 1920x800 is closer to 1600x900.

#198 Posted by LustForSoul (5909 posts) -

What a joke, game's not even running full hd resolution. They probably still had to scale it down even for the PS4. I gotta say, this is the absolute worst game design decision I've ever seen. Let's add black borders and say it's a cinematic experience. The sad truth is that many people actually just believe that garbage. Yes, 30 fps is more movie like, DUHHH.

#199 Posted by kinectthedots (2667 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus:

Still waiting on you to post a pic/gif/vid of the best looking PC exclusive coming out this year. :)

#200 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

Still waiting on you to post a pic/gif/vid of the best looking PC exclusive coming out this year. :)

You said PS4 is first place in gfx, PC already has better gfx in Arma3 and Crysis3 ultra. Please stop changing the subject.

Btw: Upcomming PC exclusives w/ better gfx than anything on consoles: Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, UT, Dreadnaught, etc.