The Order: 1886 Only PS4 Could Handle Its Graphical Fidelity

#51 Posted by TheRealBigRich (736 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

You believe this then I have a bridge to sell you

Did you buy the $500 kinect "required" XB1?

yes I have the day one version

#52 Edited by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

@TheRealBigRich said:

@kinectthedots said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

Then you shouldn't be suggesting to people what they should or shouldn't believe or buy in to.

#53 Posted by jsmoke03 (13075 posts) -

nice pr spin. i dont get why developers say this. xb1 and ps4 are almost the same thing. sure the game wont be as pretty but it can be done.

#54 Posted by remiks00 (2312 posts) -

Yup, just like Quantum Break can only be done on Xbone. Ah, PR.

Anyway, trolling aside

@SolidTy said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Of course Sony is going to say that about their own console. The Bone could handle it, just wouldn't be as high res and might run at a lower framerate

In this case, it's not Sony but Ready at Dawn who are independent and have made games for Wii, PSP, etc. This is their first major new IP console game as they cooked out handheld titles using other studios IPs (Good games though like GOW: CoO and Daxter) and simply doing ports before.

Still, I don't believe the message, it's just PR. The PS4 is the most powerful home console between the three, but I'm sure they drop the resolution, limit effects, or whatever and it would be Xbone ready. Of course, usually in these cases devs are talking about the current build, and judging from the specs it's probably true, but a port could be made yes. I don't tend to follow PR. Ready have a game to promote, I get it. I am not sold on it, but maybe it will be rad. It certainly has my attention as I dig new IPs, especially AAA budgeted new IPs. I just wanted to clarify the message source wasn't Sony but Ready at Dawn. They are working for Sony though for this title, but there is a distinction, however small.

I do like that this title isn't a cross generation title, so it will be exploiting the PS4 more than we usually get to see with PS360 cross gen games like Destiny, Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, or Assassin's Creed.

Pretty much this. But watch the drones swarm. lol

#55 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

That's pretty stupid. The game could easily run on the XB1; lower it from MSAA4X to a high quality SMAA solution and lower the resolution, and boom, it'd be up and running on the XB1. The differences between the two consoles are not that vast, and this dev is just trying to cheerlead for team Sony. Instead of involving himself in petty fanboyishness, maybe he should work on making the Order not be a total shitfest of lame third person shooting galleries and crappy quick time events.

#56 Posted by SolidTy (45492 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Yup, just like Quantum Break can only be done on Xbone. Ah, PR.

Anyway, trolling aside

@SolidTy said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Of course Sony is going to say that about their own console. The Bone could handle it, just wouldn't be as high res and might run at a lower framerate

In this case, it's not Sony but Ready at Dawn who are independent and have made games for Wii, PSP, etc. This is their first major new IP console game as they cooked out handheld titles using other studios IPs (Good games though like GOW: CoO and Daxter) and simply doing ports before.

Still, I don't believe the message, it's just PR. The PS4 is the most powerful home console between the three, but I'm sure they drop the resolution, limit effects, or whatever and it would be Xbone ready. Of course, usually in these cases devs are talking about the current build, and judging from the specs it's probably true, but a port could be made yes. I don't tend to follow PR. Ready have a game to promote, I get it. I am not sold on it, but maybe it will be rad. It certainly has my attention as I dig new IPs, especially AAA budgeted new IPs. I just wanted to clarify the message source wasn't Sony but Ready at Dawn. They are working for Sony though for this title, but there is a distinction, however small.

I do like that this title isn't a cross generation title, so it will be exploiting the PS4 more than we usually get to see with PS360 cross gen games like Destiny, Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, or Assassin's Creed.

Pretty much this. But watch the drones swarm. lol

Yeah, PR at the end of the day, lol...the drones are getting ready to sting. :)

#57 Posted by TheRealBigRich (736 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

@kinectthedots said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

Then you shouldn't be suggesting to people what they should or shouldn't believe or buy in to.

umm ok well pm if your interested in that bridge lol

#58 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i'd put a third black bar in the middle. she'll be right.

#59 Edited by MK-Professor (3862 posts) -

Bragging about a game that runs at 800p & 30fps in 2015 ? come on...

The best thing the developers/sony can do is to NOT talk at all about graphics.

#60 Posted by lostrib (41140 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

Needs more film grain

#61 Edited by blackace (21269 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

I don't really believe this, the PS4 is more powerful for sure and could run it better, but Xbox One still could be able to run it IMO.

The Wii U could run that game. 1st and 2nd party developers will say whatever Sony tells them to say since they are paying them to make the games. This goes for Nintendo and Microsoft as well. It's just PR spin to try to make a game sound superiors to the competition. All everyone needs to know is that every company lies about something.

*******************************************************************************************************************

@amazonangry said:

I'm surprised the PC can't handle it. Ps4 is a force to be reckoned with.

We all know the PC could run this easily. He didn't mention the PC for that reason. The PC would run it at 1080P at 60fps.

#62 Edited by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

@TheRealBigRich said:

@kinectthedots said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

umm ok well pm if your interested in that bridge lol

I am not the who bought the $500 bone so I think I am good, but if anyone ever comes to your door trying to sell you a bridge just PM me and I'll handle the negotiations for you, I don't want to see you get duped again.

#63 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1579 posts) -

Congrats on second place gfx.

#64 Posted by remiks00 (2312 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

#65 Edited by scatteh316 (5009 posts) -

Considering the difference in power between PS4 and Xbone this is actually believable.

#66 Posted by blamix99 (2534 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

I don't really believe this, the PS4 is more powerful for sure and could run it better, but Xbox One still could be able to run it IMO.

yeah i think the X1 can run it, but on 480p 20fps

#67 Edited by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Sorry bro, this isn't a mutiplat.

Begging won't bring this title to PC. Maybe in 2016 you can make a claim to something on PC being better, but when talking game graphics, if it's exclusive games, for the moment...

PS4 1st place.

#68 Edited by silversix_ (15549 posts) -

Im sure the bone could handle it in 479p

#69 Edited by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Begging won't bring this title to PC. Maybe in 2016 you can make a claim to something on PC being better, but when talking game graphics, if it's exclusive games, for the moment...

PS4 1st place.

You're claiming a game running at 800p as the best graphics on the PS4 0_o Man, PS4 is becoming a bigger flop by the day.

#70 Posted by freedomfreak (42329 posts) -

I was wondering where those statements went.

There we go!

#71 Posted by santoron (7891 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Which is the no BS way of saying what he said. He's claiming the other consoles can't run it exactly as it is on PS4, which is most likely true.

These guys need to seriously shut up though. The more they talk the deeper the hole gets. Make the game, release it, and let critics and fans decide.

#72 Posted by Guy_Brohski (477 posts) -

But the Xbox One has already proven that it can run a sub 1080p game with linear levels, lots of QTE's, heavy use of fog set in a historical setting. The only thing is, the Xbox One game didn't have to resort to using black bars...

#73 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (929 posts) -

New Gen game can only run Ps4.... LOL PR at its best. Some of you guys are fun to watch though.

Thats like saying Perfect Dark Zero is too hardcore for PS3, or W/E PR BS can pull out of their ass.

#74 Edited by joel_c17 (2935 posts) -

The game looks like dick - will be a huge flop

This gen has been incredibly average so far.

#75 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1579 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

At what? PC has more high rated total games, more high rated exclusives, better gfx, better online, better performance....

#76 Posted by bunchanumbers (2276 posts) -

If this is true then its a sad day for console gaming.

#77 Posted by Shielder7 (5171 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

At what? PC has more high rated total games, more high rated exclusives, better gfx, better online, better performance....

Nothing worth GOTY.

#78 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1579 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

Nothing worth GOTY.

So what is PS4 1st place at again?

#79 Posted by Shielder7 (5171 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

Nothing worth GOTY.

When the PS4 doesn't win GOTY for 10 straight years come talk to me.

#80 Edited by Snugenz (12634 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But pc is better.

At running multiplats, not exclusives.

I honestly haven't seen a better looking PC exclusive than this (and this isn't even the best looking PS4 title)

That's because you're a fanboy, with them thick fanboy goggles on.

#81 Edited by uninspiredcup (11890 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But pc is better.

I honestly haven't seen a better looking PC exclusive than this (and this isn't even the best looking PS4 title)

Graphics + Intellectuals

Graphics + intellectuals

Bunch of cut-scenes + Racist

#82 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

Can I have what you're smoking ?

#83 Edited by lglz1337 (4008 posts) -

XposBone cannot run this! FACT!

the power of 64 asynchronous compute units XposBone not have!

#84 Posted by PAL360 (27161 posts) -

Hard to believe! The game looks good though.

#86 Posted by onewiththegame (4263 posts) -

I heard the same stuff about infamous:ss and that game does look sick but it's short any way to easy to get all trophies give me games with content not super pretty graphics

#87 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@speak_low said:

Um, pretty sure the Wii U could handle The Order 1886. Have you seen those draw-dropping character models for Fatal Frame.

My friend, as you may know, games of the highest tier can be scaled back. Most, exceptionally well with minimal difference.

Yep, Crysis 3 being a prime example.

Despite being herald as the Best (and still) looking PC game ever, scale back the resolution and a few effects and settle for 30fps and it even runs on "last" gen consoles like a champ.

You don't game on PC, how do you know what the best looking PC game is ? Don't try to downplay how shitty the 360 version of Crysis 3 is. Honestly Crysis 3 isn't the best looking game on the PC, it's just very demanding(due to bad Directx optimization) and only you peasants who don't know jack shit about PC gaming think it still is the "graphics king". You seem to forgot about Mods I've seen/played Skyrim mods that completely destroy 1886 and UC4, and i'm not even going to get into the Crysis 2/3 mods. While you peasants are struggling to attain games at 1080p @ 60fps we are seeing monitor prices for 4k/1440p falling, the next top tier GPUs will be able to game at those levels @ 60+ fps Single-Handedly. Heck you can get 2 7950's on eBay for $275 ~ and they are all you need for gaming 60 fps + @ 1440p. By the end of the year you guys will go back to your "gameplay is all that matters", "buuu buuuu but i'm saving monies" talking points, as hardware for us get better yours will remain as meager as always.

#88 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

Nothing worth GOTY.

How does having more GOTY's a equal better system ? Wouldn't you rather have say 10 high rated exclusives than 5 with one GOTY ?

#89 Edited by getyeryayasout (8138 posts) -

So many graphics!

#90 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4436 posts) -

@sam890 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

Nothing worth GOTY.

How does having more GOTY's a equal better system ? Wouldn't you rather have say 10 high rated exclusives than 5 with one GOTY ?

They really are holding on to that GOTY thing aren't they.

But he is right. PC doesn't have a Movie of the Year. Also, remember how last gen console gamers didn't care about graphics and it's all about gameplay? Man, they're sure loving that CGI cutscenes and lack of gameplay.

#91 Edited by TheRealBigRich (736 posts) -

@kinectthedots: So since I spent 500 I shouldn't think that it can't play this game. If you want to say it can't run it as well then sure I get it but it make it seem like it's impossible to run it on the x1 is foolish but you will see a lot of people that belive it anyway. Don't see how I was duped I guess because they dropped the kinect even when I wanted it. If that's called getting duped then people getting duped everyday.

#92 Posted by dommeus (9430 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Que the lemming turn hermit bashers to cry behind a PC badge.

SDC.

Cue

#93 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9639 posts) -

just like Watch Dogs was going to be 1080p/60fps in a way only PS4 could've provided.

#94 Edited by SecretPolice (22955 posts) -

Cows gonna cow. :P

#95 Edited by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@kinectthedots said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PS4 1st place.

Nothing worth GOTY.

Here, let me demonstrate how easy it is to shut your shit down...

What is the best looking PC exclusive out or confirmed to come out this year? Go, and you can use pic, gifs, or vids to show it off.

#96 Edited by dalger21 (1244 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Still bragging about a flop?

#97 Posted by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But pc is better.

If it isn't the old "your a fanboy" excuse. That's not an argument, that is a demonstration of your lack of your lack of intellect. Come back when you actually have an argument.

I see there are alot of clowns running around who think they can win arguments with nothing but childish taunts and empty one-liners. I am leading a crusade to clear these kind of trash posts and posters off of SW.

The worst offenders being those who just come in arguments and scream fanboy as if they have said something grand.

#98 Edited by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

@sam890 said:

@kinectthedots said:

Yep, Crysis 3 being a prime example.

Despite being herald as the Best (and still) looking PC game ever, scale back the resolution and a few effects and settle for 30fps and it even runs on "last" gen consoles like a champ.

You don't game on PC, how do you know what the best looking PC game is ? Don't try to downplay how shitty the 360 version of Crysis 3 is. Honestly Crysis 3 isn't the best looking game on the PC, it's just very demanding(due to bad Directx optimization) and only you peasants who don't know jack shit about PC gaming think it still is the "graphics king". You seem to forgot about Mods I've seen/played Skyrim mods that completely destroy 1886 and UC4, and i'm not even going to get into the Crysis 2/3 mods. While you peasants are struggling to attain games at 1080p @ 60fps we are seeing monitor prices for 4k/1440p falling, the next top tier GPUs will be able to game at those levels @ 60+ fps Single-Handedly. Heck you can get 2 7950's on eBay for $275 ~ and they are all you need for gaming 60 fps + @ 1440p. By the end of the year you guys will go back to your "gameplay is all that matters", "buuu buuuu but i'm saving monies" talking points, as hardware for us get better yours will remain as meager as always.

I don't know why a post that was not even aimed at bashing PC cause you such anger (# issues). I was pointing out simple facts and common opinions and you lost your shit.

You seem like such a fragile and insecure existence, you need to take a chill pill and stop jumping the gun trying to argue things about me you are ignorant about.

Seriously though, don't try to lecture me about PC gaming as if you know what I have played or know about it. I want to point out some things you said that I feel need addressing so you can come back to reality:

"You don't game on PC, how do you know what the best looking PC game is ?"

Huh? How do you what I have game on? I don't think I have ever made a declaration about what systems I don't played on since I've been on here, and certainly not to you.

1. let me tell you did owned a gaming PC last gen and I know about PC gaming but it flopped with exclusives for me so I haven't bothered Upgrading, pointless IMO.

2. I listed the most used and most defended game for PC graphics, pay attention, brought up by PC GAMERS! Get off your soap box spazing out because I used it here where if a PC fan used it, you wouldn't say a word.

"Honestly Crysis 3 isn't the best looking game on the PC"

Says who? I said that as a general statement because it is the game MOST used and brought up by PC gamers.

You saying other PC games look better than Crysis 3 is your...wait for it, O.P.I.N.I.O.N! Me saying crysis 3 isn't my opinion buddy it's the community.

No one said you can't have a different opinion, but go ahead and tell me what is the most used game listed as the best looking by PC gamers on this board? Go ahead and lie now, everyone knows the answer.

"You seem to forgot about Mods I've seen/played Skyrim mods that completely destroy 1886 and UC4"

1. "completely destroy 1886 and UC4" is there anyone else who wants co-sign on this non-sense?

Wow, I don't know what you've seen exactly so there is no way for me to forget it. However, I've seen the skyrim mods and they look fantastic however I don't know how you expect me to take you seriously why you used such over-blown hyperbole in your fanatical rants.

2. I specifically said, "exclusives" in my argument chain about PS4 games looking better, but surprise surprise you go run to a last gen multiplat trying to create a new argument.

You are up here screaming about it as if that was somehow something I was arguing. PC wins in multiplat graphics arguments against consoles, period, but I already conceded that. You just can't stand the fact that PS4 wins the arguments about best looking exclusives for any system at least til the year 2016. :P

#CryMore/

#99 Edited by Snugenz (12634 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But pc is better.

If it isn't the old "your a fanboy" excuse. That's not an argument, that is a demonstration of your lack of your lack of intellect. Come back when you actually have an argument.

I see there are alot of clowns running around who think they can win arguments with nothing but childish taunts and empty one-liners. I am leading a crusade to clear these kind of trash posts and posters off of SW.

The worst offenders being those who just come in arguments and scream fanboy as if they have said something grand.

You "honestly havn't seen a better looking PC exclusive", is because you're a fanboy, there is no other explanation.

You're a fanboy, fanboy, no need to deny it. "your lack of your lack of intellect" lololol

Notice how i mentioned how much of a fanboy you are in this post, sucks to be you fanboy :PBut seriously, you should get your eyes checked.

#100 Posted by uninspiredcup (11890 posts) -

It does seem very fanboy.