The Order 1886 graphics tops all.

#1 Edited by gpuking (3074 posts) -

There's no comparison, it's the most CGI looking game ever that's graced our eyes. Now I'm talking about pure look here, not the most open world or most technically sound game. I'm talking about how given the ideal situation one can focus all your resources on the minute details, the lighting, the shader, soft body physics, cloth physics, image quality (4xmsaa), character models, textures and materials in order to make the most cinematic and CGI like appearance ever in a game. The Order 1886 has achieved this, no Crysis 3, Metro or TW3 can come close. Also for those doubt the graphics in the cutscene, watch this. All real time, no BS no pre rendered.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cjjrl_the-order-1886-merges-cg-and-gameplay-visuals-on-ps4_videogames

#2 Posted by Chutebox (38090 posts) -

Whole lot of cut scenes!

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (6871 posts) -

Inb4 this is a movie, not game.

#4 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1123 posts) -

#5 Edited by lostrib (42192 posts) -

Impossible, it has shitty film grain everywhere

#6 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

of course it should. its just a 1920x800 render.

#7 Posted by gpuking (3074 posts) -

Bluray has film grains, get over it!

#8 Posted by getyeryayasout (8412 posts) -

I agree with G puking, game looks bonkers.

#9 Edited by Epak_ (6972 posts) -

Looks like CGI, sold.

#10 Posted by MetalEsback (15 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: still more pixels than 99% of xbox1 titles :|

#11 Posted by lostrib (42192 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Film grain in games is teh sucks. Get over it

#12 Posted by PinkiePirate (1951 posts) -

Looks great to me.

#13 Posted by killatwill15 (855 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@gpuking said:

film grain in games is awesome,

its chromatic aberration that sucks,

who wants to play a game that looks like a 60's 3d movie?

I hate that shit

#14 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (1441 posts) -

This shit is getting old.

#15 Posted by blamix (203 posts) -

Everybody knows this already, theres just some that cant accept. You know who they are

#16 Edited by gpuking (3074 posts) -

Yeah and the full gameplay walk-through at this year's E3 will blow minds!

#17 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (6148 posts) -

But does it have gameplay? :/

#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (12384 posts) -

My friend, as a pc gamer, I play sophisticated games like Civilization. It's intellectual nourishment for refined people.

This, this! You might as well be boasting about the special effects in Transformers. Very sad.

#21 Posted by killatwill15 (855 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, as a pc gamer, I play sophisticated games like Civilization. It's intellectual nourishment for refined people.

This, this! You might as well be boasting about the special effects in Transformers. Very sad.

with your consistent number of grammatical errors, I wouldn't call you intellectually nourished,

your thought processes binge to the point of famine.

wait,

what does a game like civilization have to do with the order?

you cannot say they are the same because you can rule in the 1800s in civ.

god dammit cup, god dammit what the hell is wrong with you.

not a question by the way,

because you are broken bro,

sniff some glue and fix your broken thoughts

#22 Posted by princeofshapeir (15108 posts) -

It will be downgraded by release. That's the status quo for games these days.

#23 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Yea it looks unbelievably good. If I wasn't told it was a game I would easily mistake it for CGI.

#24 Edited by always_explicit (3075 posts) -

@metalesback said:

@CrownKingArthur: still more pixels than 99% of xbox1 titles :|

You are saying that like CrownKingArthur gives a shit about X1 and or PS4 titles. Pretty sure he's a PC gamer.

Anyway, assuming he does give a shit, its still a stupid thing to say.

#25 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

are you the smart guy that went to college twice? lmao

#26 Posted by remiks00 (2464 posts) -

Yeah, it's a good looking game. I'm even betting that the story will be engaging as well, in my opinion. Unfortunately, as hyped as I am for this game, judging from the interviews & videos that have been shown, I really have no faith in the actual combat/gameplay aspect of the game..... Seems like it'll be extremely linear, and dull.

It really seems like it'll be banking on the graphical fidelity, and story(if its any good..). I hope I'm wrong once this comes out.

#28 Posted by Scipio8 (800 posts) -

800p movie with some gameplay in-between, this will flop. Besides Quantum Break makes this look like a cartoon.

#29 Edited by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -
@killatwill15 said:

@lostrib said:

@gpuking said:

I hate that shit

Chromatic aberration is the devil but film grain is pretty shitty too, anything that makes an image fuzzier and less crisp is bad in my eyes. The thing I don't get about these effects is that they're stuff you want to AVOID in actual cinematography, how the hell did they become "cool" visual effects for games? Nobody would film something and go "it's all grainy and the image messes up in a bunch of places, it's perfect!"

#30 Edited by pelvist (5221 posts) -

Looks good but im yet to see any actual gameplay that doesnt run at 15fps.

#31 Edited by ConanTheStoner (7301 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@killatwill15 said:

@lostrib said:

@gpuking said:

I hate that shit

Chromatic aberration is the devil but film grain is pretty shitty too, anything that makes an image fuzzier and less crisp is bad in my eyes. The thing I don't get about these effects is that they're stuff you want to AVOID in actual cinematography, how the hell did they become "cool" visual effects for games? Nobody would film something and go "it's all grainy and the image messes up in a bunch of places, it's perfect!"

It's lens flair all over again.

I get what you're saying though, for years people have gone out of their way to avoid having these "effects" in their shots and now they're being shoved into everything.

I'll admit though, at least for gaming, that sometimes these things can add to the style when handled with a bit of subtlety... the problem being that game artists are rarely subtle with any effect.

#32 Posted by gpuking (3074 posts) -

We've barely seen a few seconds of the game and people are calling it shallow lol? And really do some of you just assume it runs at 15fps because it looks so good? I suppose it's a good thing people are running out excuses.

#33 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (806 posts) -

The Order 1886 will bring order this E3.

#34 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (1441 posts) -

@gpuking: I think he was referring to the crazy amount of gifs people seem to post on this game. Why anyone ever posts them as evidence to anything to do with looks or graphical fidelity is beyond me.

#35 Edited by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Intellectual nourishment for refined people usually involves theater seats and museum openings not video games, but I digress...

#36 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5871 posts) -

Sony drones logic : Its best looking game evaa because it is from Sony .

This game is not even real HD . This doesn't qualify , lol . Let alone other stuff like blurry textures , linear as hell , boring ass gameplay , etc etc etc . Pick any random upcoming AAA PC and it blows it out of the water , there is not even comparison .

#37 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (806 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Sony drones logic : Its best looking game evaa because it is from Sony .

This game is not even real HD . This doesn't qualify , lol . Let alone other stuff like blurry textures , linear as hell , boring ass gameplay , etc etc etc . Pick any random upcoming AAA PC and it blows it out of the water , there is not even comparison .

Not sure if serious....

#38 Edited by sailor232 (5073 posts) -

Whatever they showed so far has run at what looks like 15fps, improve the frames and keep them stable and the game will be on my radar.

#39 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5871 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

800p movie with some gameplay in-between, this will flop. Besides Quantum Break makes this look like a cartoon.

This ^^

Quantum Break is right now only thing to look forward to on any console . Hopefully it'll end up on PC . If not , then I can live without it but it'll be great to have it on PC like Alan Wake and Death Rally .

#40 Posted by Evo_nine (2093 posts) -

nice cutscenes lol

#41 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3230 posts) -

i won't lie this looks pretty damn nice

#42 Posted by clyde46 (47475 posts) -

Why is it that every PS exclusive is going to be graphics king before its released?

#43 Edited by Senor_Kami (8439 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@killatwill15 said:

@lostrib said:

@gpuking said:

I hate that shit

Literally everything filmed on film is people not at all trying to avoid film grain and totally not having an issue with it. Even more so for films today where you can shoot digitally and get a great picture.

#44 Posted by PAL360 (27263 posts) -

Looks great assuming that is in-engine. I really hope that this game has good gameplay and story.

#45 Posted by gpuking (3074 posts) -

@clyde46

They tend to look better than the competitions.

#46 Edited by _Matt_ (9360 posts) -

Looks good, sure; but let's wait for the downgrade first yeah?

#47 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17478 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Oh Jesus, that Jesus look so cinematic !!!

#48 Posted by gpuking (3074 posts) -

Sony 1st parties don't do downgradaton, after all it's Ubi's job;). Don't be surprised if the game looks better by release even.

#49 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8856 posts) -

G puking I already told you to get ready for massive disappointment. Those cut scenes are a far cry from the downgraded, brown scale gameplay.

Put the acid down.

#50 Posted by OhSnapitz (18680 posts) -

The game looks pretty damn good but lets not jump to conclusions. I'd like to see more gameplay in more varied locals.