The Order 1886 close to maxing the PS4 they say? (REPOST)

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tymeservesfate (2039 posts) -

Ready At Dawn Studios is claiming that The Order 1886 is close to maxing out the PS4 graphically, yet The Witcher 3 is an open world game, and looks far better graphically. Devs shouldnt make claims like this. I personally think in the next 2 years, we will be seeing games that will blow both The Witcher 3, and The Order 1886 out of the water.
SOURCE

(THREAD CREDITED TO @bfmv2007)

#2 Posted by tymeservesfate (2039 posts) -

i doubt it myself though...i mean it can't be with that game. the black bars, 30fps, all that fog, no multiplayer. if that maxes out the ps4 then...oh boy.

#3 Edited by Suppaman100 (4016 posts) -

Indeed PS4 still has a lot of space to grow.

Xbone on the other hand has a big bottleneck that will stump growth, ESRAM.

#4 Edited by RR360DD (12132 posts) -

LOL i hope not

#5 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5079 posts) -

time to trangle

#6 Posted by jake44 (2024 posts) -

PR bullshit is all it is.

#7 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14686 posts) -

Gamepur?

#8 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Lol no just more PR bs MS does the same thing with games "we are pushing the "console name" to it's max to show off a beautiful new game that couldn't be possible on X" it's usually just saying FAP material Crytek said the same thing about Ryse etc etc

#9 Edited by Vatusus (4807 posts) -

1st we havent seen how Witcher 3 will fare on consoles

2nd when it comes to graphics I was more wowed by The Order then the Witcher 3 tbh

#10 Posted by IgGy621985 (4842 posts) -

PR crap.

#11 Edited by cfisher2833 (1720 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

Ready At Dawn Studios is claiming that The Order 1886 is close to maxing out the PS4 graphically, yet The Witcher 3 is an open world game, and looks far better graphically. Devs shouldnt make claims like this. I personally think in the next 2 years, we will be seeing games that will blow both The Witcher 3, and The Order 1886 out of the water.

SOURCE

(THREAD CREDITED TO @bfmv2007)

What we've seen of the Witcher 3 has most likely been PC footage, so I wouldn't go off of that. I don't know why people would be surprised to hear devs saying that they're maxing out the PS4. The guys at CDProjeckt RED even said it themselves. The PS4 uses familiar architecture that most devs are VERY acquainted with. It's not gonna be like last gen where it takes devs years to wrap their heads around the console and push it to its limits. That being said, the order devs could push the PS4 far further if they simply used a more economical form of AA instead of MSAA (SMAA would be best imo).

#12 Edited by SolidTy (44488 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

PR crap.

This. Some people just lap up PR from anywhere, even going so far as to quote even company executives!

#13 Posted by pelvist (4942 posts) -

Close to? If the framerate in the videos is anything to go by then its already maxed the PS4 and then some.

#14 Edited by pelvist (4942 posts) -

Close to? If the framerate in the videos is anything to go by then its already maxed the PS4 and then some.

#15 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (28033 posts) -

This gets said every few months about a game. Its utter total nonsense.

#16 Posted by SolidTy (44488 posts) -

Close to? If the frame-rate in the videos is anything to go by then it has already maxed the PS4 and then some.

#17 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

While the order does look good, let's see what ND says and can do before we start talking about how can max PS hardware.

#18 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5079 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

Close to? If the frame-rate in the videos is anything to go by then it has already maxed the PS4 and then some.

i like your thinking.

#19 Posted by Wasdie (50266 posts) -

"Maxing out" is extremely misleading. It's one thing to use 100% of the hardware, it's another to use that hardware efficiently. You never want your CPU or GPU to be running under 100% in an ideal scenario. So you push your current rendering algorithms and whatnot as far as you can before the CPU or the GPU can't keep up. However those algorithms could be very inefficient and end up wasting a lot of cycles needlessly. That's where optimizations come in.

Developers at the beginning of last gen said the same thing about their early games, how they were pushing the system to its max. However they weren't using the most efficient algorithms to properly distribute the processing power.

Both the Xbox One and PS4 have a long way until game engines properly utilize all of the hardware. Furthermore, as time progresses and more R&D is put into advancing rendering algorithms, they'll be able to apply more efficient algorithms overall which will improve image quality at less of a hardware cost, freeing up resources for more effects, higher framerates, or higher resolutions. Pretty typical over a console's lifespan.

I wouldn't read too much into it. There's a long generation ahead and now that the console devs have more modern GPUs there will be more graphic programmers and engineers working on more ways of getting better performance out of the hardware. Remember, the PS3 last gen didn't even have a unified shader pipeline. Naughty Dog ended up writing the shaders for their games in assembly (extremely low level language, lower than C programming) to boost efficiency.

Also now that the PS4 and Xbox One have an APU and 8 cores, we'll see engines being optimized to utilize this hardware which should also benefit PC gamers quite a bit.

#20 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: Sadly, we have already seen the Xbox One's hardware maxed with all these 720p games. That is pathetic. It never had a chance.

#21 Posted by always_explicit (2972 posts) -
@Suppaman100 said:

Indeed PS4 still has a lot of space to grow.

Xbone on the other hand has a big bottleneck that will stump growth, ESRAM.

The ESram is for tiled resources, it isnt a bottleneck.

#22 Edited by SolidTy (44488 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@SolidTy said:

i like your thinking.

It didn't work out the way I intended, but yeah, lol.

I know people say it's biased to agree to what you said, but I can't help but agree...I like my thinking too! :P

#23 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5079 posts) -

@SolidTy: hahaha.

i like the cut of your jib.

#24 Posted by clone01 (24940 posts) -

I think The Order 1886 will be a nice looking title. But maxing out the PS4? Nope. Way too early in the gen. Developers figure out ways to squeeze out more the longer they have experience working with the hardware.

#25 Posted by Chutebox (37648 posts) -

As stated, PR bullshit.

Also, Witcher 3 does not look better.

#26 Edited by Chutebox (37648 posts) -

As stated, PR bullshit.

Also, Witcher 3 does not look better.

#27 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14030 posts) -

"Our game is graphically superior," is what he wants to say.

#28 Posted by lglz1337 (3883 posts) -

like gears maxed out x360 and uncharted 1 ps3

#29 Posted by hoosier7 (3881 posts) -

I don't know tbh. They probably haven't but even if they have it isn't a back thing. New techniques and better optimisation arrives that raises the ceiling for the next games anyway so maxing really isn't this big thing that companies seem to like to push for PR.

#30 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

like gears maxed out x360 and uncharted 1 ps3

Exactly, and both of those games are downright ugly compared to what came later on their respective systems.

#31 Posted by misterpmedia (3718 posts) -

As fantastic as The Order looks and will be, Naughty Dog have accepted that challenge.

#32 Posted by donalbane (16368 posts) -

That would be the first time I've ever seen a year-one title accomplish such a thing, but if somebody wrote it down on the interwebs, it must be true.

#33 Posted by Sushiglutton (5357 posts) -

"Maxing out" is a marketing term that doesn't mean crap.

#35 Posted by SolidTy (44488 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@SolidTy: hahaha.

i like the cut of your jib.

My jibs like the cut of your...er, crown.

#37 Posted by tymeservesfate (2039 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@tymeservesfate: Sadly, we have already seen the Xbox One's hardware maxed with all these 720p games. That is pathetic. It never had a chance.

i think u maxed out ur brain 5 ago and all you can come up with are posts like this, lol.

#38 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1606 posts) -
@tymeservesfate said:

Ready At Dawn Studios is claiming that The Order 1886 is close to maxing out the PS4 graphically,

Never heard this one before. lol

#39 Posted by silversix_ (15000 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

LOL i hope not

X1 been maxed out with Call of Duty: GHosts so go figure lol

#40 Posted by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

Maxing out? Its not even been out for 6 months....

#41 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Lol! Witcher 3 graphic fidelity doesn't come anywhere close to the order. currently the order is systems graphics King, and by the looks of it is going to stay King for quite a while

#42 Edited by kinectthedots (2148 posts) -

People thinking they are lying or just saying this for PR aren't thinking clearly. They could be lying but it's highly likely that they are close to maxing it**important point** with their current engine and tools used to make the game for PS4.

That is the beauty of consoles and it's called *optimization*. Remember that this is just a few months into the generation and this is their first PS4 game. They probably have come close to maxing PS4 with the engine they are currently using, that said using PS4's capabilities to their maximum potential is a different story.

I can believe them and not be worried because PS3 got "maxed out" like 10 different times last gen. It is nice to see the improvements that can be made over a generation.

#43 Posted by MonsieurX (30848 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Lol! Witcher 3 graphic fidelity doesn't come anywhere close to the order. currently the order is systems graphics King, and by the looks of it is going to stay King for quite a while

But it's actually topping the PS4 power,then PS4 is doomed I guess.

#44 Posted by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Trying too hard.

#45 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@clyde46: yes I agree. The Witcher 3: is trying too hard to beat the order in graphics fidelity

#46 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Ryse looks better.

#47 Posted by lostrib (39149 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@clyde46: yes I agree. The Witcher 3: is trying too hard to beat the order in graphics fidelity

still trying too hard

#48 Posted by kinectthedots (2148 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

no where did it say "topping" the PS4's power. It said "close to maxing" different language and meaning to be sure. Also read my first reply to this thread, it explains things nicely. Because of how powerful the PS4 is, people haven't even begun trying to optimize it. Once people start trying to utilize PS4's capabilities efficently the system will end up doing a lot more.

On the flip side developers are already deep in the process of seeking out and trying to exploit every ounce of power they can pull from the xbox one. It will be tapped out a lot sooner than the PS4 will.

#49 Posted by lostrib (39149 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

no where did it say "topping" the PS4's power. It said "close to maxing" different language and meaning to be sure. Also read my first reply to this thread, it explains things nicely. Because of how powerful the PS4 is, people haven't even begun trying to optimize it. Once people start trying to utilize PS4's capabilities efficently the system will end up doing a lot more.

On the flip side developers are already deep in the process of seeking out and trying to exploit every ounce of power they can pull from the xbox one. It will be tapped out a lot sooner than the PS4 will.

and you know this how?

#50 Posted by kinectthedots (2148 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@xboxdone74 said:

still trying too hard

Honestly I do not like the gameplay of The Order so far. It looks like it's trying too hard to appeal to the migrated xbox fans who may have liked gears and moved over to PS4.

The story trailer got me interested but then the gameplay turned me off, looked just like gears in a different environment WTF. Also too many QTE for me, that's not what I want to see unless it's done like TLOU.

Graphically The Order looks fantastic but graphics aren't everything If I don't see anything more impressive than a grears clone in the gameplay in future reveals than I'll easily put the Witcher 3's open world over The Order. 2cent