The ONLY reason the lems want MGS and FF.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

Is so that they can say that it isn't exclusive to the PS3.

Anyone remember MGS2 on the Xbox? It didn't sell enough to cover the port expenses.

And for FF, all the lems scream is how JRPG's is teh suxxxor.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Anyone remember MGS2 on the Xbox? It didn't sell enough to cover the port expenses.

trasherhead

I could care less one way or the other. I would not buy MGS or FF, as I don't really like either series (unless they brought out a new "Tactics" Fantasy).

Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

OMG, you're seriously a girl?!

I totally can't deal with that!!!!

NEVER HAVE I HEARD SOMETHING SO AMAZING BEFORE!!!!! A GIRL GAMER!!!

:| 

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
i dont care about MGS, since i never played one, but i want Final Fantasy on the 360 to play and enjoy the great game its gonna be...and not to say "HAHA U LOST UR EXCLUSIVS PS3, U SUCK"
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Thanks for explaining that. I thought lemmings wanted MGS and FF because they wanted to play those games.
Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
I would not say it's the ONLY reason. It's one of the many reasons. Others are being that MGS and FF are both good games. Not everyone likes those types of games but regardless you have to give them props to being great games.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Thanks for explaining that. I thought lemmings wanted MGS and FF because they wanted to play those games.DaysAirlines
I did too Days but it looks like in System wars, logic phails.
BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BioEffect
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts

trasherhead
I do agree with this statement you are making. I would have more fun in system wars than I would play the game. Im more interested in Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Halo 3.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Is that why a lot of 360 owners are looking forward to the JRPG's that are hitting the console in the next couple years? Because they hate them? But you're right, a lot of "lemmings" would love to see the PS3 lose more exclusives. I'm impartial myself, because I've never loved the MGS games.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Thanks for explaining that. I thought lemmings wanted MGS and FF because they wanted to play those games.Shadow_op

Oh No! Did you just "OWN" me?
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts

OMG, you're seriously a girl?!

I totally can't deal with that!!!!

NEVER HAVE I HEARD SOMETHING SO AMAZING BEFORE!!!!! A GIRL GAMER!!!

:| 

Chloroformality

Neither can I. :lol:
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpruceCaboose

I would not say it's the ONLY reason. It's one of the many reasons. Others are being that MGS and FF are both good games. Not everyone likes those types of games but regardless you have to give them props to being great games.Dups79

See, great is subjective. I myself would not call them great since I don't like them. I would say that they are immensely popular and sell very well. I would also say that they have a large and dedicated fanbase.

But personally, since greatness depends on your own personal opinion of the game, I would not say they are great to me. 

mig-fulcrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mig-fulcrum
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts
And the only reason us cows want MGS and FF is so that we can say they are exclusive.  Honestly speaking, I'm sure many cows are bored or MGS' incoherent story and FF's femenized male protagonists. 
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

trasherhead
Your a very strange girl. I would love FF or MGS to come to the 360 as it would really make me think about buying a PS3 at Xmas saving me £650 (PS3 & Games). Sharing is nice remember. Surely your paretns taught you that. Here If I could I'd give you Dead Rising or Gears of War...
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

As a huge sony fan the reason I want MGS and FF on the 360 is because I bought one. DUH!

Alot of PS2 fans are jumping ship to the 360. Sales would be far better this time around then on the first XBOX.

Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts
I can speak for other 360 fans but I want them so I can play them without spending an extra $600. I might even consider buying a PS3 if Final Fantasy XIII stays exclusive.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Thanks for explaining that. I thought lemmings wanted MGS and FF because they wanted to play those games.DaysAirlines

Actually, I think he was saying that he agreed with you, but that using logic in SW is bad. 

YPRikku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YPRikku
Member since 2004 • 2232 Posts

trasherhead
Well duh if we can rub it in your faces..that makes it so worth it and I'm not even into MG or FF(disregard the username)
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
I would like to play FF. Would never buy a PS3 just to play that game but if came to 360 I would pick it up. Do not care about MGS though.
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts

:lol: Gurls on gamespot, shouldnt you be playing with teh Barbie dollz instead of being on teh internets?!?!?!!!!?!?!

male nerd ego/ 

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 musicalmac  Moderator
I would like to play FF. Would never buy a PS3 just to play that game but if came to 360 I would pick it up. Do not care about MGS though.rybe1025
I tend to feel the same way. I've always loved the FF games, but not so much the MGS games. Give me XIII!
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Thanks for explaining that. I thought lemmings wanted MGS and FF because they wanted to play those games.DaysAirlines

Maybe on accident :shock:
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mightyboosh13

trasherhead
I think you forget as well. 90% of Lemmings or Xbox360 owners as I call them once upon a time owned a PStation1or2 and played MGS & FF. So why wouldnt they want them. I'm sure some 10 year old loser 360 fans might want the bait but I'd just be happy.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
cant you say the same thing about ninja gaiden and oblivion? cows only started forming an interest in those games when it was announced on the ps3.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I want MGS4 on 360 or PC so I do not have to spend 699.99 CAD to play it.
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts
The 360 only gamers want every ting da ps3 has that proves they want a ps3 but dem too cheap to buy one.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 musicalmac  Moderator
The 360 only gamers want every ting da ps3 has that proves they want a ps3 but dem too cheap to buy one.ChiChiMonKilla
Wow. Let me just apologize for all the people that people aren't all as rich as you. I'm sorry :(
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

trasherhead
Sorry, it's because most 360 owners owned a ps2, and want to play the next in the series. They are great games.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

People dig too deep when it comes to the motivates behind the desire to play a certain game.

Any other conspiracy theories you want to share with the class?

Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Paktahn

[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]The 360 only gamers want every ting da ps3 has that proves they want a ps3 but dem too cheap to buy one.musicalmac
Wow. Let me just apologize for all the people that people aren't all as rich as you. I'm sorry :(

Rich people don't get rich by spending money when they don't need to. Why anyone would want to spend more money to play the same games is beyond me.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpruceCaboose

The 360 only gamers want every ting da ps3 has that proves they want a ps3 but dem too cheap to buy one.ChiChiMonKilla

And the reverse is true. If Halo 3 were to somehow become multi-platform tomorrow, teh forum would blow up with PS3 owners switching from "Hay-blow is lame" to "Halo is the greatest console FPS ever" and 360 owners would go from "Halo is the best game ever, Half-Life 2 sucks!" to "Halo is over-rated". 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Yes, I'm sure that's the only reason.  :roll:  Not everyone thinks like a SW fanboy.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]The 360 only gamers want every ting da ps3 has that proves they want a ps3 but dem too cheap to buy one.SpruceCaboose

And the reverse is true. If Halo 3 were to somehow become multi-platform tomorrow, teh forum would blow up with PS3 owners switching from "Hay-blow is lame" to "Halo is the greatest console FPS ever" and 360 owners would go from "Halo is the best game ever, Half-Life 2 sucks!" to "Halo is over-rated". 

so true :lol:
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mightyboosh13
but dem people may not wanna spend £500+$600+...understand theirs more to life than gaming...
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I'd buy FF, but not MGS
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
I can honestly say I want MGS to come to 360, because I can't afford to pay that much money to just play one game. :P
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
[QUOTE="trasherhead"]

SpruceCaboose

I could care less one way or the other. I would not buy MGS or FF, as I don't really like either series (unless they brought out a new "Tactics" Fantasy).

I beleive that one is comming out for the PSP atleast I think thats what it says in the new GI
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

trasherhead

Maybe but a lot of people who own a 360 have never had an xbox before. PS3 has given the Wii and 360 some of their audience by their bad launch and big price so a lot of the owners are not xbox owners so your talk about sales of the MGS2 port doesn't really mean that much cause it's a new console.

Like I said before you have to treat each console like it's your first and not rely on past history as fact. Sony did that and look where they are now. They let the competition not only back in the game but the chance to take them out now, a good chance. 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kcpp2b

I can honestly say I want MGS to come to 360, because I can't afford to pay that much money to just play one game. :Pzsc4

Same here, right now I only really wanna play MGS4. Heavenly sword looks good and I'm a killzone fan, liked the first game but they're not enough to buy a new pricey console for me. So  I hope MGS4 comes to the 360 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kcpp2b
They should do a petition or something where 360 owners or future owners sign to say if MGS4 comes to the 360 they will buy it. Be interesting to see how much people would. I know I would for sure
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
:| I want to play them. Also, remember that a lot of PS2 fans have switched to the 360, and don't want to get a PS3 for just those 2 games.
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]The 360 only gamers want every ting da ps3 has that proves they want a ps3 but dem too cheap to buy one.SpruceCaboose

Halo is over rated on da xbox unreal campionship 2 was better as well as farcry but because of da halo name halo 2 sell better and everbody buy it based on halo 1. Halo 2 single player was trash everbody know that an nobody play it they just ran online.   

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Even if 20% of 360 owners bought the game that would pretty much be like every PS3 owner buying it. So it is not like all 360 owners have to buy it for it to still sell very good
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]The 360 only gamers want every ting da ps3 has that proves they want a ps3 but dem too cheap to buy one.ChiChiMonKilla

Halo is over rated on da xbox unreal campionship 2 was better as well as farcry but because of da halo name halo 2 sell better and everbody buy it based on halo 1. Halo 2 single player was trash everbody know that an nobody play it they just ran online.

Well that's ur opinion. Halo 2 single player was nothign close to trash. Only problem with it was that it was short and the ending was bad, also last boss wasn't a big gameplay ending like in Halo: CE with the ride against the clock/bomb 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kcpp2b

I think MGS4 on the 360 would atleast sell around 1 Million copies or so. Which is around $50 Million.
Even if it sold 500k that's $25 Million.

How much did the Xbox port sell anyway anyone know?  

Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Paktahn

I think MGS4 on the 360 would atleast sell around 1 Million copies or so. Which is around $50 Million.
Even if it sold 500k that's $25 Million.

How much did the Xbox port sell anyway anyone know?  

kcpp2b
Not much but it was a lazy port released a long time after MGS 2 on the PS2. If they want decent sales they need to release it at the same time as the PS3 version and do a decent port. If they did that I could see it selling 2 million copies or more.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Dont generalize.I want both to come to the 360 so then,ill have almost no reason to get a PS3,meaning I save $600 dollars,and hopefully both will be good.I loved MGS1,and MGS2 on xbox was "pretty good".Getting MGS3 soon.I would love to get FFXIII if its any good,like FFV-FFVIII were,and FF:Tactics.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

I'd buy/play MGS if it were available for the 360, but if it isn't I won't get in too much of an uproar.  I sold my PS2 before MGS3 came out, so I never got to play that one.  Given that, I could take or leave the MGS series.  I thought MGS2 was the coolest game ever - until I played Splinter Cell on my bud's Xbox.  The next day I traded in my PS2 and got an Xbox.  Haven't looked back since...

But, that being said, you are probably right, TC.  Once/if those games are announced for the 360, we'll all move on to the NEXT set of exclusive PS3 games - Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc. - to talk about going multiplat. 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kcpp2b
I also hope PS3 gets rumble back before MGS4 cause I recall the rumble being used a lot in that game for me. Like the heartbeat or that sensor along with the gun fire andgetting hit. I would miss it if it didn't have rumble on the PS3 when I played MGS4. If it doesn't get sent to the 360
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

trasherhead

Not really they think its a good game but dont want to admit it because its not on their system, same for any game for any fanboy.