Seriously... Nintendo, f*cking get your head out of your ass and make a Pokemon HD. A real Pokemon HD, a true blue, full fledged mainline Pokemon game. Make it share the same universe as the upcoming X and Y. Maybe make it a sequel to X and Y, but Wii U only. Release it next year if you have to, to give X and Y breathing space.
- Fully online compatible, with full Miiverse support
- Full 3D, HD graphics, a full fledged open world
- All 700+ Pokemon
- Wii U pad support, with Off TV Play supported, to keep the 'portable' nature of the games intact
- Random online battling, online tournaments, online trading, and online co-op
- Persistent game world, with an aftergame supported by periodic DLC quests. Maybe sell Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova as DLC areas.
- NFC compatible. Buy toys to unlock special Pokemon in game. Ban them from ranked tournaments to make sure the game stays balanced.
- Since Game Freak a) takes a lot of time with game development, and b) is completely unfamiliar with console game development, outsource it. Give it to Level 5. As games like Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, and Ni No Kuni demonstrate, they are more than up to the task.
DO IT NINTENDO. More than any other game, Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, anything, this is what will give you sustained sales for your home console. There is still time to save it, if you do it, so... do it already.