The One Named Product Of The Year

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kuu2 (6819 posts) -

MSoft Dominating As Usual

From the article

We're only two months into the new year, but Microsoft's Xbox One is already winning awards for 2014. The console has been named a "Product of the Year" for 2014 in the Home Entertainment category of Product of the Year's annual awards. The Xbox One came out on top following a survey of more than 40,000 consumers conducted by market research firm TNS. It's not clear what other products the Xbox One beat out to claim the title or how the survey was structured.

Product of the Year winners were featured in an AdWeek exclusive and on the cover of the latest Parade Magazine. According to Product of the Year organizers, the Xbox One--and all other winners--stand to enjoy a 10-15 percent sales boost from being featured as a winner.

Speaking to Parade about the win, Microsoft director of product planning Albert Penello said: "The gaming console has moved out of the basement and into the living room." He's no doubt referencing the Xbox One's "all-in-one" multipurpose nature, that is, its ability to play games, TV, movies, and music.

The Product of the Year organization has a history in the United Kingdom spanning nearly 30 years, but it's only been featured in the United States for six years. Product of the Year CEO Mike Nolan said winners represent "truly superior innovation" in their categories. Other winners include SK Energy Shots (Beverages), Starburst Fruit Flavored Candy Corn (Candy), and Eggland's Best (Eggs).

The full list of Product of the Year 2014 winners is available at AdWeek.

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

They must have gotten a huge cheque from MS.

#3 Posted by kuu2 (6819 posts) -

Sony Fan always, 'teh paidzors'..............

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69098 posts) -

Was it even up against other consoles? Just asking

#5 Posted by CyberLips (1648 posts) -

It was against vacuum cleaners, it won because it sucked better.

#6 Posted by MBirdy88 (7183 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

+1 for humour.

#7 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1860 posts) -

AAA BIG GAMES THAT ARE NOT ON XBOX ONE OR NOT ON PS4

GREAT EXCLUSIVES THIS YEAR CONFIRMED GAME!!!

#8 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1860 posts) -

Xbox One has race games, PS4 does not have. Even more Xbox One has more fps games and even bigger and better.

Also HD 1080p Skype that PS4 does not have(or not have to hold phone in your hand to show your face...)

Multimedia, better gameclip recorder and editor that PS4 has just 1 function while Xbox One version is larger and better. So is OI and exclusive games. Xbox One multimedia, PS4 can do only 1 thing... meh

#9 Posted by kuu2 (6819 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Funny, but jelly..........

#10 Posted by shawn30 (4305 posts) -

Well earned and justified :)

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69098 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

lol! Awesome reply!

#12 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -

Xbox one for the win.

#13 Posted by CyberLips (1648 posts) -

A) Most of these games are still in development so you don't know that if they are AAA games.

B) You didn't list all PS4 exclusives.

#14 Posted by kuu2 (6819 posts) -

Xbox One has race games, PS4 does not have. Even more Xbox One has more fps games and even bigger and better.

Also HD 1080p Skype that PS4 does not have(or not have to hold phone in your hand to show your face...)

Multimedia, better gameclip recorder and editor that PS4 has just 1 function while Xbox One version is larger and better. So is OI and exclusive games. Xbox One multimedia, PS4 can do only 1 thing... meh

The whole damn package...........

#15 Edited by CyberLips (1648 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@CyberLips said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Funny, but jelly..........

Yes i'm very jelly of a console that has zero games i like, continuously tries to screw its consumers over, is inferior to the PS4 and any average PC, is bundled with a camera that doesn't benefit gaming and costs 100 dollars/euros more because of it.

#16 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5907 posts) -

Rightfully so. This product will soon become a staple in peoples homes to deliver world class gaming with cutting edge technology.

If you don't have ONE, you are missing out on a great 2014 ahead.

#17 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3237 posts) -

So you have to pay $70,000 to get your product through. Says all you need to know. Xbone alongside feminine hygiene products, scented bin liners and Huggies, though. Appropriate.

Titanshit isn't the system seller they thought it was, their big Twitch announcement was a bust and their FUD on Thief's framerate has been seen through, this is what Xbots have resorted to. Tragic.

#18 Edited by always_explicit (2630 posts) -

Its a great product. Much deserved.

#19 Posted by handssss (1648 posts) -

1. multiplats that aren't AAA

2. forgetting several exclusives

3. Kinect Sports (I know you have a hard on for it, but nobody gives a damn except you)

#20 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1852 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

TLHBO

#21 Posted by GarGx1 (2382 posts) -

Rightfully so. This product will soon become a staple in peoples homes to deliver world class gaming with cutting edge technology.

You're possibly correct, if MS can get their marketing department into top gear. But 'cutting edge technology' ...really, I think you should look at the specifications again.

As for missing out, no one is really missing anything at the moment from not owning either of the new consoles. Apart from a couple of mediocre exclusives that don't justify the purchase of the hardware.

#22 Posted by CyberLips (1648 posts) -

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

1. multiplats that aren't AAA

2. forgetting several exclusives

3. Kinect Sports (I know you have a hard on for it, but nobody gives a damn except you)

According to FreedomFreeLife, Knack sucks and Kinect Sports is the best game ever.

#23 Edited by sukraj (21641 posts) -

I love the OP its the best system I own.

#24 Posted by HitmanActual (313 posts) -

LOL home entertainment. As a gaming system it sucks. Bet it doesn't get gaming system of the year cos dat cloud has dispersed. And that resolution is on par with...last gen.

#25 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -

LOL home entertainment. As a gaming system it sucks. Bet it doesn't get gaming system of the year cos dat cloud has dispersed. And that resolution is on par with...last gen.

in ur dreams the xbox one is improving as each day goes by.

#26 Edited by D4RKL1NG (223 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: sshhh man. Let them have this one. It's been a rough year for lems. They are praying for just that one bit of news that will make them feel their purchase is validated.

It's like when a kid shows you a drawing,you just go with it and say "good job" no matter how horrifically bad it is.

#27 Edited by kuu2 (6819 posts) -

Um............isn't a gaming console considered home entertainment? I guess for some on this board a console is considered basement in your mom's home entertainment. That would be a long name though and probably doesn't convey the image that the presenters of the award want.

#28 Posted by Shewgenja (7949 posts) -

I'm sure glad they call it "product" and not gaming console.

#29 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3237 posts) -

I edited it to remove games that don't exist and Kinect guff.

#30 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -

cows are buttthurt

#31 Edited by hoosier7 (3695 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: You've been kind there, only release windows on Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5 and not a shred of gameplay released yet. Delays on the next-gen titles aren't unheard of. I'll be surprised if Sunset Overdrive is AAA too, Insomniac aren't exactly a AAA pedigree studio but i think the same of Deep Down in all fairness.

#32 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

it's called marketing. MS pays people to hype their products. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some people here were being paid to talk it up on the forums

#33 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3237 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: You've been kind there, only release windows on Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5 and not a shred of gameplay released yet. I'll be surprised if Sunset Overdrive is AAA too, Insomniac aren't exactly a AAA pedigree studio but i think the same of Deep Down in all fairness.

Yeah, if I decided to be stringent it would have been two games on the Bone and three on the Quad.

#34 Posted by Shielder7 (4715 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Sony Fan always, 'teh paidzors'..............

Obviously this is complete BS. Giving the One Product of the year now, is as stupid as giving GOTY award now, the year isn't even 2 months in.

Also

It's not clear what other products the Xbox One beat out to claim the title or how the survey was structured.

Yeah something doesn't sound right there...................................................

#35 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8403 posts) -

PS4 is selling more and increasing its lead every day. By the time Titanfall launches PS4 will be over 6 million sold and Xflop will not have hit 4 million...

#36 Posted by hoosier7 (3695 posts) -

@mrintro said:

it's called marketing. MS pays people to hype their products. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some people here were being paid to talk it up on the forums

I know they got caught doing something similar before on a couple of sites, definitely something happened with them and Reddit so it wouldn't be a surprise.

#37 Edited by kuu2 (6819 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@mrintro said:

I know they got caught doing something similar before on a couple of sites, definitely something happened with them and Reddit so it wouldn't be a surprise.

You guys aren't getting paid to talk about The One????

I get fat checks weekly from Money Bags MSoft. I can't believe you guys actually talk about the PauperStation4 out of some delusional loyalty, the system has no games for cripes sake. At least I am getting paid to do this.

SONY FAN

#38 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3482 posts) -

Good for Msoft they got an award for product of the year, but are still in last place

#39 Posted by Shewgenja (7949 posts) -

XBox One is a product of my bowels.

#40 Posted by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

Not exclusives,even if you write it in caps

#41 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149525 posts) -

LOL.....grasping at straws now.

#42 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I bet the jury that decided that was comprised of housewives and justin bieber tweens. It's a fact that only non-gamers could have such an awful taste.

#43 Posted by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

@juarbles said:

I bet the jury that decided that was comprised of housewives and justin bieber tweens. It's a fact that only non-gamers could have such an awful taste.

The jelly is strong with this one.

How mad are you?

#44 Posted by santoron (7455 posts) -

How prestigious. One for the refrigerator, XBone fans!

#45 Posted by Animal-Mother (26224 posts) -

Each and every day you just continue to remind me of heil.

#46 Posted by kuu2 (6819 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Each and every day you just continue to remind me of heil.

I was thinking the exact same thing after I read his post. If I didn't know that @FoxbatAIpha was real because of the podcast you would have a tough time convincing me he wasn't a alt of Heils.

#47 Edited by Heil68 (42691 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

lolz

#48 Edited by Krelian-co (10069 posts) -

LOL.....grasping at straws now.

TC in the first post: "microsoft dominating as usual", lol lems are delusional

#49 Edited by Shielder7 (4715 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

It's funny because it's more than likely true.

#50 Edited by bforrester420 (1043 posts) -

LMAO @ Parade magazine! You know that's a magazine for housewives, right?