The Official Wii U Thread: Nintendo Direct Incoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#451 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

GT finding loopholes in the 30 second time limit.

#452 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21436 posts) -

GT finding loopholes in the 30 second time limit.

Yangire
yeah i saw that with mario lol.
#453 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

We're talking about eva 3.0 now? This thread just got infinitely cooler. After what happened in the second I don't know where they are going or how they're going to top what they already did.

Pikminmaniac

Well I have no idea what they are doing since Mari is involved but I can't wait, the first 6 minutes were pretty damn awesome.

#454 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13133 posts) -

Man these loading times suck.

#455 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9747 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4
EA sports games generally suck for load times, but I thought the wiiu was supposed to be a lot better at this. It's also troubling that they can't install the games to the hard drive.
#456 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13133 posts) -
[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

GunSmith1_basic
EA sports games generally suck for load times, but I thought the wiiu was supposed to be a lot better at this. It's also troubling that they can't install the games to the hard drive.

yeah, same feelings here.
#457 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

GunSmith1_basic

The ports are probably pretty lazy.

#458 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
Officially paid off everything I am getting on Sunday. WiiU Deluxe 2x WiiU Pro Controllers ZombiU New Super Mario Bros. U Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 I think this is enough for now lol Will probably buy that Sonic racing game in a couple weeks.
#459 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9747 posts) -
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Officially paid off everything I am getting on Sunday. WiiU Deluxe 2x WiiU Pro Controllers ZombiU New Super Mario Bros. U Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 I think this is enough for now lol Will probably buy that Sonic racing game in a couple weeks.

I'm actually jealous but not enough to go out and buy the thing
#460 Posted by m_machine024 (14853 posts) -
#461 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
#462 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Officially paid off everything I am getting on Sunday. WiiU Deluxe 2x WiiU Pro Controllers ZombiU New Super Mario Bros. U Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 I think this is enough for now lol Will probably buy that Sonic racing game in a couple weeks.

I'm actually jealous but not enough to go out and buy the thing

Yeah I had to have it. I'm that way with all Nintendo consoles though. Ill also be getting the new PS3 or Xbox lol
#463 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

On ign so far, the WiiU has one A, two AA and one AAA and all are exlcusives (sort of)

pretty good imo.

#464 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

On ign so far, the WiiU has one A, two AA and one AAA and all are exlcusives (sort of)

pretty good imo.

VendettaRed07
gonna be the highest rated launch on that site.
#465 Posted by Big_Pecks (5240 posts) -

Just looking at the reviews for NSMBU and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Let's just forget about the 3DS one.

Same with Scribblenauts. I'm tempted for a launch buy now.

#466 Posted by finalstar2007 (24890 posts) -

Why is there no option for " never picking up a will U"? :x

#467 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

finalstar2007
Charizard explained why.
#468 Posted by Giancar (19046 posts) -

pretty good imo.

VendettaRed07
I'm not too positive about IGN in this one. Looking in MC for WiiU games, IGN always come on top. =/ But I'll try myself the games next year most likely.
#469 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

Whats the chance of the AC3 Wii U port being any good?

#470 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

upsl.png

tumblr_m3k1juHo3v1ro2d43.gif.

#471 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -

finalstar2007
Because this thread is for fans, if you're not a fan, why are you in this thread. Your answer is obviously to not to answer.
#472 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

finalstar2007
What's a Will U?
#473 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22384 posts) -
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

pretty good imo.

Giancar
I'm not too positive about IGN in this one. Looking in MC for WiiU games, IGN always come on top. =/ But I'll try myself the games next year most likely.

actually NSMBU's getting good reviews around the board. Only one below 8 is G4 but then again...:lol: G4
#474 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

OreoMilkshake

What's a Will U?

Finalstar doesn't feel like picking up the will that he wrote I guess, it is a depressing process for some people.

#475 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
Anybody know when Wii U's will be available for order again? Preferably for $350 MAX....
#476 Posted by sailor232 (4356 posts) -

Just pre-ordered and paid for my WiiU premium, I wasnt going to get one but I am always a sucker for new consoles.

#477 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

Just pre-ordered and paid for my WiiU premium, I wasnt going to get one but I am always a sucker for new consoles.

sailor232
WHERE DID YOU PRE ORDER FROM?!?!?!?
#478 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26256 posts) -

imma pick one up when the first price drop is announced. Theres not much shown for it that has gotten me excited.

#479 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
Anybody know when Wii U's will be available for order again? Preferably for $350 MAX....TheDidact
According to rumors, Nintendo will have plenty in stock so anyone that wants one for the holidays will be able to get one in time for Christmas. So basically after the initial shipment, more should come in every week. They are hoping to be able to stock better than with the wii.
#480 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
Wii U actually looks like something I'd play with unlike the wii... Which literally just sat in my corner for about.. Let me think a year. I like all the stuff Nintendo put into it I'll have to get this sooner or later.
#481 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9747 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Anybody know when Wii U's will be available for order again? Preferably for $350 MAX....layton2012
According to rumors, Nintendo will have plenty in stock so anyone that wants one for the holidays will be able to get one in time for Christmas. So basically after the initial shipment, more should come in every week. They are hoping to be able to stock better than with the wii.

I would not be surprised at all if all this fuss over lack of supply is just marketing BS. It's an artificial shortage meant to make people crazy about getting one and making it seem more special to own one.
#482 Posted by Mario1331 (8815 posts) -

yea ZOmbieU is pretty badass honestly.loving the atmosphere

#483 Posted by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -

Reggie will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in about 30min.

#485 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
All the WiiU hate threads are hilarious! So many people are butthurtness because they cant get one lol
#487 Posted by super600 (30154 posts) -

I want a WiiU,but I have to wait until late spring to get it most likely.

#488 Posted by bobbetybob (19127 posts) -
"Dear Valued Customer, We are writing to you regarding your pre-order for the Nintendo Wii U ZombiU Bundle. We're delighted to inform you that we have secured sufficient stock to ship your new Nintendo console for the official release date of 30th November. In order to prepare for shipping we will start processing pre-orders from Friday 23rd November - please ensure you have sufficient funds available on your chosen payment method by this date. If you wish to amend your delivery details, billing information or cancel your pre-order please do so as soon as possible. Once your pre-order has been put through to processing or is completed we will be unable to action any updates for you." Awesooooommmeeee. Hopefully I get it on the Wednesday or something =p
#489 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

2 more days! omfg

#490 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

residentevil6dcrv6.png

Link, mobile only since it doesn't show up on the desktop version of the site. Pretty surprised by the score, the game actually looked decent in videos.

#491 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

residentevil6dcrv6.png

Link, mobile only since it doesn't show up on the desktop version of the site. Pretty surprised by the score, the game actually looked decent in videos.

Slashkice

Thank god i didn't pre order that flop

#492 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26145 posts) -

residentevil6dcrv6.png

Slashkice

Something doesn't feel right about that.

#493 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

residentevil6dcrv6.png

Slashkice
Huh. That's pretty damning. Isn't that breaking embargo though? I thought ZombiU reviews go live on 11/18? In which case, it might still be a mistake. [spoiler] Desperately wanting this to be good... [/spoiler]
#494 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -
#495 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

Huh. That's pretty damning. Isn't that breaking embargo though? I thought ZombiU reviews go live on 11/18? In which case, it might still be a mistake. [spoiler] Desperately wanting this to be good... [/spoiler] charizard1605

The reviews aren't officially out yet. For whatever reason, the mobile site sometimes shows scores/reviews before they actually go up. It happened before with Resident Evil 6.

edit so I don't triple post:

The text for the ZombiU review is here.

#496 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26145 posts) -
#497 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

Hm, toying with the URL leads to more unpublished reviews. Unrelated to the Wii U, but found the Hitman Absolution review too. :3

#498 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

residentevil6dcrv6.png

Slashkice

It's Red Steel all over again.

#499 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26145 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

residentevil6dcrv6.png

spookykid143

It's Red Steel all over again.

Worse then that judging by the score.
#500 Posted by bobbetybob (19127 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Huh. That's pretty damning. Isn't that breaking embargo though? I thought ZombiU reviews go live on 11/18? In which case, it might still be a mistake. [spoiler] Desperately wanting this to be good... [/spoiler] Slashkice

The reviews aren't officially out yet. For whatever reason, the mobile site sometimes shows scores/reviews before they actually go up. It happened before with Resident Evil 6.

edit so I don't triple post:

The text for the ZombiU review is here.

Damn that's pretty rough about ZombiU. Seems like pretty much what I thought would lower the score, there just not being enough stuff to do. It's shame the melee combat had to be boring on top of that.

That NSMBU review sounds very positive though, must be at the very least an 8.5