The Official Titanfall thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

how bizarre is it that ms so thoroughly trounces sony in the ability to produce killer apps.

sony has still not caught up to halogearsforza much less this new game changer.

what is it about modern gaming standards that sony can't get a handle on?

Uncharted sells more than Gears:

Unchated; the series has sold 17 million copies worldwide as of (April 2012). (Including only the 3 PS3 games).

The Gears of War series has sold over 22 million units (Jan 2014), (With 6 million on PC and 4 games on the Xbox 360).

. Gran Turismo sells literally 3x what Forza sells, hell Killzone sold 2x what the latest iteration of Forza sold.

Microsoft didn't produce TitanFall, Halo is the only valid point you have in terms of being a 'killer app'. Nice use of buzzwords though.

#152 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@SonySoldier-_- said:

@misterpmedia said:

Titanfall has clear performance issues on Xbox One, but it's still a fun experience. However, when playing on PC, the fluidity in refresh, response and control is leagues ahead.

You're going to be called a butthurt cow for saying anything bad about the Xbone version.

But I think its funny lems are finding out the hard way that the game isn't "exclusive" like they wanted it to be. And demanding proof that cows have a PC to play the superior version.

wasn't the comment you quoted Digital Foundry analysis? I agree, but that sounds like something I didn't type so I suspect that it's from the next gen face off between Xbone and PC.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=182f119d72adbf4b&id=182F119D72ADBF4B!266&ithint=video,.mp4&authkey=!ANnrYUsND3mDUgU

Interesting vid here too.

#153 Posted by clyde46 (43955 posts) -

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/ea-regrets-titanfall-xbox-one-exclusivity-says-insider/

EA regrets Titanfall’s Xbox One exclusivity and would have made far more money had they released the game on the PS4, says respected industry insider Pete Dodd.

“Titanfall is dominating the media but inFamous is dominating things where the consumer makes the choice (like YouTube, Twitter, etc) and not editors.

Sony also used its own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the PS3 and PS4. The money EA took from MS doesn’t even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed. EA is in full “We’re so fucking sorry, Sony” mode currently.”

PS4 sales led that of the Xbox One by 1.4 million units as of the end of January, so it’s not exactly a hard conclusion to draw – but with the Xbox One rapidly closing the sales gap (partly due to Titanfall) is there another factor at force here? Has Titanfall perhaps under-performed in its opening week?

Meanwhile the hype train for inFamous: Second Son continues to gain momentum, with many touting it as the best-looking PS4 game yet.

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/ea-regrets-titanfall-xbox-one-exclusivity-says-insider/#ixzz2wA3vXG00

#154 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15912 posts) -

how bizarre is it that ms so thoroughly trounces sony in the ability to produce killer apps.

You are really, really wrong.

You bring up Forza and ignore Gran Tursimo? You bring up Gears of War and ignore God of War and Uncharted?

Halo is your only valid point.

#155 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

I hope sales are actually underperforming like some are saying, I don't think I can take a whole gen of "cod+robots" clones.

Not that there's anything wrong with people enjoying that type of game.

Some people have the weirdest reasons for wanting games to flop.

You don't want a whole gen of cod+robots clones ? I don't get it :S

@Harisemo said:

Loving the game so far unstable frame rate is a bit annoying. Respawn should reduce resolution to 720p if it helps boost the FPS.

I doubt lowering the res from 792p tot 720p would make that big of a difference.

#156 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

“Titanfall is dominating the media but inFamous is dominating things where the consumer makes the choice (like YouTube, Twitter, etc) and not editors.

Sony also used its own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the PS3 and PS4. The money EA took from MS doesn’t even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed. EA is in full “We’re so fucking sorry, Sony” mode currently.”

If that really happened, which I really doubt, than LMAO

Nintendo should be having meetings like this every day.

The reason why i don't believe that is true is that the sentences in bold could've been written by someone on SW, people who also claim to be insiders at times.

#157 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-hardware-jumps-96-on-titanfall-launch/0129687

titanfall is uk number 1 beating dark souls 2. xboxone sales rose 100%

game is awesome and deserves its place at the top

#158 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-hardware-jumps-96-on-titanfall-launch/0129687

titanfall is uk number 1 beating dark souls 2. xboxone sales rose 96%*

*fixed

lol

#159 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@desmonic. Thanks my phone wont led me edit. The button doesn't work

#160 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@sts106mat: lol, just joking.

The difference between 96% and 100% is too pointless to even care about :P It effectively doubled it's sales basically, which is good. Now we'll just need to see if it's a one time bump or if it'll keep the X1 selling at this rate.

#161 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3615 posts) -

Doubling week one sales of FIFA 14 means it sold at least 124,420 units. Decent haul for Respawn. Congratulations!

In similar updates, the based Uknighted crew doing a 100 hour marathon of MGS have singlehandedly overtaken all Titanfall channels! Don't forget to support them and a great franchise by watching!

#162 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

titanfall is uk number 1 beating dark souls 2. xboxone sales rose 100%

Whats the exact number though? it could be 100k units all we know and seeing them not giving how many exactly sold proves its not that of a big number to brag about.. 1 week later and still no news on how much it did in NA.. must be a very low amount.

96% of nothing = nothing so a percentage is not an indication of how something is doing really unless there is proof how much was sold and how much bundles VS non-bundled.

time will tell how the game really did but there dosent seem to be any big fuss about it now that the game is out which is surprising

#163 Posted by getyeryayasout (7028 posts) -

X1 sales have doubled in the UK since Titanfall's launch. System seller confirmed.

#164 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@finalstar, i don't know how many. And the chart doesn't lie. stop crying

#165 Posted by hoyalawya (340 posts) -

Wasn't Titanfall released last Friday in the UK? So the numbers were all from pre-orders and 1 day of retail availability. That is impressive.

#166 Posted by StormyJoe (4734 posts) -
#167 Posted by tormentos (16727 posts) -

I thought it wasn't going to be a system seller, @tormentos?

Link

Link 2

Yeah it was Titanfall i am sure it wasn't the 30 pound drop in price that also came with that bundle...hahaha

The xbox one was 429 pounds and with the bundle MS slashed 29 pound of the price + add the game FREE so basically 71 pound drop in price compare to what you would have spend by buying the game at 41 pounds and the xbox one at 429 pound,you know how much 71 pounds are.?

$117 dollars so yeah it sure help spike sales,but wait you know double of crap still is crap right.? Double numbers mean nothing without actually numbers before the bump.

So you were selling 10,000 units and now you sold 19,000...without actual numbers it means nothing.,

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/xbox-one-price-cut-to-399-99-with-free-copy-of-titanfall-4316270/

In case you wanted to deny it,and it started on February 24 just like the bundle in US.

So yeah price drop and titanfall given free is not even close to be the same as Titanfall been sold on its own and the unit selling great because of the game,the fact that this bundle exist prove how horrible xbox one sales most have been for MS to take such extreme measures oh did i mention that this has never everrrr happen before.? When have you see a new hot game been bundle for free even more from a 3rd party.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames

Remember how i just told you that double of crap is crap.?

Infamous Bundle at number 14 spot,the PS4 normal edition at number 33 and Titanfall bundle at number 35,once again without actual numbers it means nothing,and i find odd that US numbers are not out when the game came several days ago,apparently those day 1 sales were not as big as MS had hope for.

#168 Posted by musicalmac (22810 posts) -

Titanfall beating out Dark Souls 2 is pretty impressive. A stroke of brilliance for UK consumers.

#169 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/ea-regrets-titanfall-xbox-one-exclusivity-says-insider/

EA regrets Titanfall’s Xbox One exclusivity and would have made far more money had they released the game on the PS4, says respected industry insider Pete Dodd.

PS4 sales led that of the Xbox One by 1.4 million units as of the end of January, so it’s not exactly a hard conclusion to draw – but with the Xbox One rapidly closing the sales gap (partly due to Titanfall) is there another factor at force here? Has Titanfall perhaps under-performed in its opening week?

Meanwhile the hype train for inFamous: Second Son continues to gain momentum, with many touting it as the best-looking PS4 game yet.

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/ea-regrets-titanfall-xbox-one-exclusivity-says-insider/#ixzz2wA3vXG00

With all due respect, all that so called "insider" ever publishes is negative MS news. Like all day, every day. EA has had and will have a long-term working relationship with MS and I highly doubt they are upset over the money they got. This is four months into the gen and the one is likely 2 million behind the PS4 in overall sales. Add in the money EA saved on letting MS market and provide the Azure servers for Titanfall, they would only think this was a mistake if in six months the figures don't add up. Its been six days. Some perspective here, you know.

#170 Edited by shawn30 (4361 posts) -
@tyloss said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Unchated; the series has sold 17 million copies worldwide as of (April 2012). (Including only the 3 PS3 games).

The Gears of War series has sold over 22 million units (Jan 2014), (With 6 million on PC and 4 games on the Xbox 360).

. Gran Turismo sells literally 3x what Forza sells, hell Killzone sold 2x what the latest iteration of Forza sold.

Microsoft didn't produce TitanFall, Halo is the only valid point you have in terms of being a 'killer app'. Nice use of buzzwords though.

Proof the PC version of Gears of War sold 6 million? No way in hell it did that. Not even a chance. I'd be shocked if it sold two. Proof please. Otherwise Gears has sold millions more than Uncharted.

#171 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3615 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Link

Link 2

96% of...?

@getyeryayasout said:

X1 sales have doubled in the UK since Titanfall's launch. System seller confirmed.

Yep, doubled from the previous week. Important distinction!

#173 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

You are wrong. Gears of War Judgement sold only 1-2 million, PC version of Gears of War was a flop so I'll be generous and put PC sales to about 500k so that puts Gears of War 1-3 sales to about 19.5 million units, 2.5 million units more than Uncharted.

#174 Posted by tormentos (16727 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Link

Link 2

96% of...?

Oh we will never know MS will not talk about actual numbers the whole 96% sit better with fanboys...haha

Look at Story even the claims of Titanfall he made for months were based on the game selling for $60 and the console been sold apart,he hold tied to this 96% plain number without any actual sales data to accompany those sales,like we sold 200,000 K and now we sold 380,000 or hey we sold 10,000k and now we sold 19,000...

And i find odd day 1 numbers for US are still unknown so you can bet all you have that they are preparing a similar damage controls for US,like we sold 30% more or Titanfall is the fastest game ever. (on xbox one)..hahaha

Like they did this pass NPD where they claim that xbox one continue to brake records,but is was based on the xbox one selling better than the 360 did on its first February,which is stupid since the xbox 360 had a shortage on its first February do to yield issue remember RROD.? The 360 that February sol 160k,so that is record breaking for them, the Ps2 sold more on its first February and the wii as well,hell the Wii is the current record holder fallow by the PS4.

#175 Edited by kuu2 (6875 posts) -

I didn't know 'Well Respected Industry Insider' was actually a title. I prefer 'Peter Dodd Twitter Douche', it is more fitting for him since he is neither respected or an insider.

#176 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

the downplaying of sales starts. In TWO days it doubled sales. How is this a bad thing????

#177 Edited by urbansys (232 posts) -

Tormentos as usual ignores the facts and twist the data.

This is great news for xbox one and Titanfall.

#178 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@shawn30 said:
@tyloss said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Proof the PC version of Gears of War sold 6 million? No way in hell it did that. Not even a chance. I'd be shocked if it sold two. Proof please. Otherwise Gears has sold millions more than Uncharted.

Considering wikipedia says the first Gears only sold around 6 million, there doesn't seem to be a way that it sold 6 million on PC considering they said PC had poor sales later on

"As of November 7, 2008, the game has sold 5.88 million copies worldwide."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War#Sales

#179 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15912 posts) -

Almost doubled ... week over week.

Of course, they don't actually tell us what the numbers for either week were, though. PR speak sucks. :(

#180 Edited by HadOne2Many (1195 posts) -

Can't we use some math to get an idea of what the Titanfall sales look like? We know Titanfall sold more than Dark Souls II, and we know Dark Souls II sold 20% more the opening week that Dark Souls did. So Titanfall is at least higher than that.

Edit: they already did some math over at Neogaf, looks like a minimum of 125K for Titanfall in the UK (if you trust those guys that is). Now the question is what is the PC/XB1 split.

#181 Posted by StormyJoe (4734 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Link

Link 2

Yeah it was Titanfall i am sure it wasn't the 30 pound drop in price that also came with that bundle...hahaha

The xbox one was 429 pounds and with the bundle MS slashed 29 pound of the price + add the game FREE so basically 71 pound drop in price compare to what you would have spend by buying the game at 41 pounds and the xbox one at 429 pound,you know how much 71 pounds are.?

$117 dollars so yeah it sure help spike sales,but wait you know double of crap still is crap right.? Double numbers mean nothing without actually numbers before the bump.

So you were selling 10,000 units and now you sold 19,000...without actual numbers it means nothing.,

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/xbox-one-price-cut-to-399-99-with-free-copy-of-titanfall-4316270/

In case you wanted to deny it,and it started on February 24 just like the bundle in US.

So yeah price drop and titanfall given free is not even close to be the same as Titanfall been sold on its own and the unit selling great because of the game,the fact that this bundle exist prove how horrible xbox one sales most have been for MS to take such extreme measures oh did i mention that this has never everrrr happen before.? When have you see a new hot game been bundle for free even more from a 3rd party.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames

Remember how i just told you that double of crap is crap.?

Infamous Bundle at number 14 spot,the PS4 normal edition at number 33 and Titanfall bundle at number 35,once again without actual numbers it means nothing,and i find odd that US numbers are not out when the game came several days ago,apparently those day 1 sales were not as big as MS had hope for.

LOL. Once again, all the journalists are wrong and you are right. HA HA HA HA!!! Cow narcissism. Classic.

#182 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

D-D-D-D-DAMAGE CONTROL Detected

LMAO butthurt sonyboys without PS4's downplaying this news damaging controlling Titanfall beating Dark Souls 2.

lets see if they get excited when infamous tops the charts in a week or so.

Also @GrenadeLauncher that has to be some of the biggest butthurt i've seen. you are damage controlling this with the news that more gamers (sorry people) are WATCHING people play MGS, than there are gamers watching people play titanfall? LMAO HAHAHAHA

Maybe people are preferring to play a game than watch someone else play it hahaha

#183 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3615 posts) -

I still don't know what it's 96% of.

#184 Edited by lostrib (32942 posts) -

Do you have trouble reading?

"Xbox One saw UK week-on-week sales jump by 96 percent alongside the arrival of Titanfall"

#185 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

only 96% haha, % sure are awesome arnt they lems?

'Zelda: Wind Waker HD Release Triggers 685% Increase In UK Wii U Hardware Sales'

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/zelda_wind_waker_hd_release_triggers_685_percent_increase_in_uk_wii_u_hardware_sales

#186 Edited by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -

mS sold now 8 consoles dat 99% increase congrats lemmings TF confirmed system seller

#187 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

"Xbox One saw UK week-on-week sales jump by 96 percent alongside the arrival of Titanfall"

he means the number of sales before the increase, % on their own are useless. x1 must have been bombing because they had a price cut and bundled titanfall at no extra cost so 96% increase of 20k weekly sale for example isnt impressive.

#188 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

Been following the GAF thread and this seems to be the general consensus.

#189 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

mS sold now 8 consoles dat 99% increase congrats lemmings TF confirmed system seller

@misterpmedia said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

fact is, sales are up and titanfall is number one. it beat Dark souls 2 which is a high scoring game with a good fanbase on 360 and PS3 with a much larger install base

cry all you like about it. we'll see if word of mouth gives it momentum or if it is just a one week peak.......

not bad for the first game from a new studio, especially considering it's multiplayer only and a brand new IP. I wonder if this is some sort of first?

oh and the game only came out on Friday here in the UK btw.

#190 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3615 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yes, the previous week's sales. What were those sales? It's hard to make an evaluation of the situation without it. It's a reasonable request, no?

#191 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

fact is, sales are up and titanfall is number one. it beat Dark souls 2 which is a high scoring game with a good fanbase on 360 and PS3 with a much larger install base

cry all you like about it. we'll see if word of mouth gives it momentum or if it is just a one week peak.......

not bad for the first game from a new studio, especially considering it's multiplayer only and a brand new IP. I wonder if this is some sort of first?

oh and the game only came out on Friday here in the UK btw.

errmm dark souls is an incredibly niche game, dark souls 1 after more than 2 years on market sold 2.3m across ps3/360. beating it hardly means anything because its not a great seller to begin with

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-12-dark-souls-worldwide-sales-total-2-3-million

with the marketing hype behind titanfall it is supposed to top the chart, whats interesting is m$ isnt providing numbers but instead pr bullshitting with % that mean jack sh%t without solid numbers.

#192 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3615 posts) -
#193 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yes, the previous week's sales. What were those sales? It's hard to make an evaluation of the situation without it. It's a reasonable request, no?

all you need to know is that it caused a jump in sales....and judging by how much fun i am having with it, the game will continue to generate interest and sales as more and more people prepare to drop their titans in.

so, sorry, it did not fail as you had hoped, your tears are delicious.

#194 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

Cws gonna cow. In TWO DAYS it doubled sales. Wait for whole march numbers then cry o

#195 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

I'm looking forward to having this weekend free to play Titanfall

#196 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3615 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

all you need to know is that it caused a jump in sales....and judging by how much fun i am having with it, the game will continue to generate interest and sales as more and more people prepare to drop their titans in.

PS4 sales also increased 72% from last week. And that's why numbers are so important: in isolation, they don't mean anything.

#197 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

96% of nothing is still nothing. Where are the raw numbers? Percentages mean jack shit without numbers to compare to.

#198 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

PS4 sales also increased 72% from last week. And that's why numbers are so important: in isolation, they don't mean anything.

ps3 slim sales increased 1000%, percentages sure are fun

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/playstation-3-sales-rocket-1000-percent-on-slim-release_2

#199 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: according to his "retail source" who's that? a store manager? a buyer at amazons head office? Shopto.net? or a random dweeb from.. Game in bolton? a bit too vague to take anything meaningful from that.

Numbers are important, but so are facts, and the fact is it was the best selling game of last week.

like i said, we'll have to wait and see if the game continues to sell and keeps xbox sales at an increased rate.

@lostrib said:

i got a few hours in, i am probably 8 hours in and am level 30....the game is just so much fun...I cannot wait to get home and play it later. there are quite a few really high ranking/skilled players on there. i got the ogre and stryder titans unlocked too. haven't tried the stryder yet, but i am sure i will prefer the extra shielding the ogre has to the speed of the stryder.

haven't tried the smart pistol yet, but dont run into many people using it, i think i've been killed by it once or something.

Wall hanging above the entry points whilst defending a hardpoint = win.

#200 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3615 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: according to his "retail source" who's that? a store manager? a buyer at amazons head office? Shopto.net? or a random dweeb from.. Game in bolton? a bit too vague to take anything meaningful from that.

Numbers are important, but so are facts, and the fact is it was the best selling game of last week.

like i said, we'll have to wait and see if the game continues to sell and keeps xbox sales at an increased rate.

@lostrib said:

i got a few hours in, i am probably 8 hours in and am level 30....the game is just so much fun...I cannot wait to get home and play it later. there are quite a few really high ranking/skilled players on there. i got the ogre and stryder titans unlocked too. haven't tried the stryder yet, but i am sure i will prefer the extra shielding the ogre has to the speed of the stryder.

haven't tried the smart pistol yet, but dont run into many people using it, i think i've been killed by it once or something.

Wall hanging above the entry points whilst defending a hardpoint = win.

He's the editor of MCV, a major industry publication. He'll be hooked in.

Context is more important IMO. But yes, we'll have to wait and see if this is a flash in the pan or if it has legs.