The Official Halo 4 Story and Spoilers Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AdobeArtist (23038 posts) -

Now that we're 1 day from Halo 4's launch (plus the game having been leaked) it's time to set up a thread for story discussion where anything goes, including spoilers. So yeah, if you should know what you're getting into when coming into this thread.

This is also to say this is the only topic permitted outside the sticky for the express purpose of keeping spoilers out of there.

Oh and to anybody who already played the game... I hate you. Big time. :evil:

[spoiler] nothing personal of course :P:P [/spoiler]

#2 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -
Cortana's consciousness enters Sergeant Johnson's body so she and the chief can get married? :o Oh my god! I really did NOT see that one coming
#3 Posted by Gue1 (11375 posts) -

in before the lock!

*use the sticky please :roll:

#4 Posted by MacBoomStick (1822 posts) -

This has nothing to do with System Wars. Put it on the 360 board or the Halo 4 board.

#5 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

So what do you guys think about 343 showing Chief's face in the legendary epilogue?

I thought it was a pretty nifty reveal.

#6 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

Legendary ending is epic. Did anyone other than me get it

#7 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

So what do you guys think about 343 showing Chief's face in the legendary epilogue?

Master_ShakeXXX

Master chief was turned into a forerunner. That's why he survived the blast. Didn't you see his eyes.

#8 Posted by jamejame (10573 posts) -

Wait, why did he survive the nuke? And how did Cortana manage to save him? It was all very space-magicky to me. Honestly reminded me a lot of Mass Effect 3's ending.

#9 Posted by AdobeArtist (23038 posts) -

in before the lock!

*use the sticky please :roll:

Gue1

*ahem*

Did you read the OP? ;)

#10 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

Wait, why did he survive the nuke? And how did Cortana manage to save him? It was all very space-magicky to me. Honestly reminded me a lot of Mass Effect 3's ending.

jamejame

cortana shielded mastercheif sacrificing her self.

#11 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Da_Koolio_Gamer

Master chief was turned into a forerunner. That's why he survived the blast. Didn't you see his eyes.

What in the f*ck are you talking about?

#12 Posted by free_milk (3903 posts) -

Post in Sticky!!!! So noone cares and replys to your post.

INB4LOCK

#13 Posted by free_milk (3903 posts) -

[QUOTE="Da_Koolio_Gamer"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Finally you got a proper sig.That is suitable for this forum
#14 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

Lock this thread down!

#16 Posted by free_milk (3903 posts) -

Lock this thread down!

platniumgamer
OMG all of a sudden.He put no spoilers in Halo sticky title just so he could avoid having this thread locked. :twisted:
#17 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Da_Koolio_Gamer"]

free_milk

It's only temporary. I prefer to have babes in my sigs.

#18 Posted by jamejame (10573 posts) -

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Da_Koolio_Gamer

cortana shielded mastercheif sacrificing her self.

Riiight, since when can AIs do that though? I've never seen or heard of it happening before in the universe, but maybe I'm just not affiliated enough with it. She Somehow manifested physically, attacked the Didact, and shielded Chief in some weird virtual room. These are things I had no idea she could do.

#19 Posted by free_milk (3903 posts) -

[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Sad... on topic:The halo ending was amazing.But I dont understand it.Cortana is such a useless charachter :twisted:
#20 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="free_milk"] Finally you got a proper sig.That is suitable for this forumfree_milk

Sad... on topic:The halo ending was amazing.But I dont understand it.Cortana is such a useless charachter :twisted:

Why is it sad? Some of us like to admire the female form.

Don't be a pretentious douche bag.

#21 Posted by worknow222 (1431 posts) -

the librarian mutated cheif to defeat the didact..........could chief become the next didact?.......like bornsteller.......hell was the didact in the game the original or bornsteller?.......

#22 Posted by AdobeArtist (23038 posts) -

Another reminder, people are wanting to talk about the ending and other spoilers, THIS thread was made for that purpose, and why it's secondary to the hype sticky.

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (48570 posts) -
so, master chief has an ugly forerunner face now?
#24 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (1106 posts) -

halo is a prety cool guy eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything

#25 Posted by Supabul (3863 posts) -

I felt like I was playing a Next Gen game

#26 Posted by mems_1224 (48570 posts) -

I felt like I was playing a Next Gen game

Supabul
yea, other than some of the textures in the outside levels the game looks amazing.
#27 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -

I thought it was kind of sad how they killed off Cortana, yet it opens more questions that could be answered in later games.

Is it really true that you see MC's face in the legendary ending? I've only beaten on normal.