The Official Based System Wars Meta-Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by brentendo3 (153 posts) -

Is ACIV missing for Wii U?

#152 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

I really think we should create a whole new metagame with entirely different rules. Hype threads are dead, flops have always been a stupid thing, and gamespot has even introduced second opnions/reviews. It makes no sense to keep the rules the way they have been.

#153 Posted by lostrib (33382 posts) -

@15strong said:

I really think we should create a whole new metagame with entirely different rules. Hype threads are dead, flops have always been a stupid thing, and gamespot has even introduced second opnions/reviews. It makes no sense to keep the rules the way they have been.

the second opinions don't supersede the primary review

#154 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

Is ACIV missing for Wii U?

It might be (cant check because on a terrible tablet), but if it is it'll be in place over the weekend. I'm doing a full update on sunday.

#155 Posted by Gue1 (9432 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@15strong said:

then what's the point?

#156 Edited by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@lostrib said:

@15strong said:

then what's the point?

To give a second opinion.

#157 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Good luck getting anyone to take the Only GS counts rule seriously when GS is getting paychecks from M$

#158 Edited by super600 (30144 posts) -

Good luck getting anyone to take the Only GS counts rule seriously when GS is getting paychecks from M$

Proof?

#159 Edited by MonsieurX (29241 posts) -

@super600 said:

@John_Matherson said:

Proof?

No need proof when it's obvious like that!!

#160 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -
#161 Edited by lostrib (33382 posts) -
#162 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

@super600 said:

@John_Matherson said:

Proof?

CHECK THE OP

So no proof then?

I have all the proof I need.

This shitty greedy site will never be taken seriously. MetaCritic will always trump.

#163 Posted by lostrib (33382 posts) -

@John_Matherson: in other words you have no proof and you're just talking out your ass like usual

#164 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson: in other words you have no proof and you're just talking out your ass like usual

If I don't have any proof how come no one is able to justify the FZ review score and all I'm getting are "butthurt" response from our very intelligent Lemmings? How come the same guy who made the FZ 5 hype thread is now apparently butthurt because I made a factual observation that no one is properly able to counter? That's all the proof I need. GS reviews are a fucking joke that's why the PS3 Library shits on the 360's and that's why the PS4 won't be any different.

#165 Edited by lostrib (33382 posts) -

@John_Matherson: because you're acting like a butthurt little fanboy. And now you're just making shit up

#166 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

Tinfoil hat mantra is never a good path to take.

#167 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

Tinfoil hat mantra is never a good path to take.

I agree...but I stand by my statement. Yes, the Paychecks conclusion is out of proportion, but GS is just too fishy and shady to be taken seriously. It's always one shenanigan after the other.

#168 Posted by lostrib (33382 posts) -
#169 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -
#170 Edited by lostrib (33382 posts) -
#171 Posted by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

Console exclusives should factor into the metagame... yeah I said it. Not in the same way as a true exclusive, but as we exist to argue and debate the current state of the game industry, we would be ignorantly ignoring the platform exclusive as it surely benefits particular companies and platforms. I'm not interested in pretending that Super Smash Brothers is a dead system wars franchise because its also on a handheld... we have the say in our game and we should try and reflect the industry as close as we can. .. We should have the categories go, when comparing platforms...

True Exclusives

Platform Exclusives

Multiplatform

#172 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -
#173 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25548 posts) -

Console exclusives should factor into the metagame... yeah I said it. Not in the same way as a true exclusive, but as we exist to argue and debate the current state of the game industry, we would be ignorantly ignoring the platform exclusive as it surely benefits particular companies and platforms. I'm not interested in pretending that Super Smash Brothers is a dead system wars franchise because its also on a handheld... we have the say in our game and we should try and reflect the industry as close as we can. .. We should have the categories go, when comparing platforms...

True Exclusives

Platform Exclusives

Multiplatform

Sounds good to me. Think I made the same point before.

#174 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson: What is fishy or shady?

It's fishy and shady when a game review looks like brochure and an advertisement and when it fails to mention many flaws that should've been brought up and then suddenly has a score that's unexplained.

#175 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

True Exclusives

Platform Exclusives

Multiplatform

Hard to really disagree with that. They are advantageous.

#176 Posted by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim: @lundy86_4: I honestly don't think any one faction is giving up anything and we'd be inviting new thought on franchises that don't get discussed because they're "multiplat". Let's call it what it is and acknowledge that platform exclusivity means something to the overall value of a platform.

#177 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim: @lundy86_4: I honestly don't think any one faction is giving up anything and we'd be inviting new thought on franchises that don't get discussed because they're "multiplat". Let's call it what it is and acknowledge that platform exclusivity means something to the overall value of a platform.

Yeah, it sucks that a lot of franchises were swept under the rugdue to being multiplat. Mass Effect was probably my favourite "platform exclusive."

#178 Edited by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

@lundy86_4: couldn't agree more... I just feel like we need to avoid pretending something doesn't matter that actually does. this should be what we are actively avoiding when we discuss the relevancy of our metagame moving forward. Mass Effect, bioshock, Witcher 2, mlb the show, whatever. They mean something and should be recognized instead of shoved into a bland category of neutrality.

#179 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

@John_Matherson: You are speaking in ambiguity, what seems to be the issue?

#180 Edited by charizard1605 (55556 posts) -

True Exclusives

Platform Exclusives

Multiplatform

I think this is a fair point to make. For instance, most people in the world don't care for the Vita (sadly); so why should something like, say, MLB The Show not count as a PS4 exclusive?

Call them semi exclusives if you will. Give them half a point. Or no points. But they do matter out in the real world.

#181 Posted by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

True Exclusives

Platform Exclusives

Multiplatform

I think this is a fair point to make. For instance, most people in the world don't care for the Vita (sadly); so why should something like, say, MLB The Show not count as a PS4 exclusive?

Call them semi exclusives if you will. Give them half a point. Or no points. But they do matter out in the real world.

indeed... Im a-ok with either devaluing a platform exclusive based on it's appearance on another platform, or whatever, but we have accepted a system that actually REWARDS platforms WITHOUT very important, lucrative and platform defining games. yuk. Like I said, I'd love to see a system where we have delegations for Exclusives, platform exclusives and full multiplatform games. No one who follows this hobby closely actually believes we still exist in such a black and white world like generations of old... we should attempt to adjust our thinking a bit in this instance.

#182 Edited by charizard1605 (55556 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@TheEroica said:

True Exclusives

Platform Exclusives

Multiplatform

indeed... Im a-ok with either devaluing a platform exclusive based on it's appearance on another platform, or whatever, but we have accepted a system that actually REWARDS platforms WITHOUT very important, lucrative and platform defining games. yuk. Like I said, I'd love to see a system where we have delegations for Exclusives, platform exclusives and full multiplatform games. No one who follows this hobby closely actually believes we still exist in such a black and white world like generations of old... we should attempt to adjust our thinking a bit in this instance.

Exactly. Consider Minecraft, for example. Until earlier this year, it was on PC and Xbox 360, and it was incredibly important for both those systems. For Microsoft to secure it as a console exclusive for Xbox 360 was a major coup. If you weren't interested in PC gaming (and in the real world, a whole lot of people are not), then the Xbox was the only way to play this game. It was a point in Xbox's favor.

Again, I am not asking for it to be considered a full exclusive, or be given full exclusive status, all I want is for it to be acknowledged to some degree.

#183 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Do we have a policy about bribed reviewers or are we still working on that?

This "official" system wars metagame is only "official" to itself and to the hypocrites when it's convenient for them.

WELCOME TO SYSTEM WARS, I SUPPOSE.

#184 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

Is this a serious question?

#185 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

Is this a serious question?

A serious rhetorical one.

#186 Posted by lostrib (33382 posts) -

This "official" system wars metagame is only "official" to itself and to the hypocrites when it's convenient for them.

Just stop, you're making a full of yourself.

#187 Posted by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

This mentality ^^ is the reason why the game struggles. Those who have no humility can't understand the ebb and flow to the highs and lows of the game... Folk like john here, cry conspiracy theories and sob for metacritic reviews to aid their position. It is first and foremost treated as a GAME and an ever changing one at that... If even a few of our community members actually took a second and realized this rather than pretend that some fanboy is constantly trying to bed their mother because of a flop, folks would see that the game can be played and enjoyed even during the moments your predictions don't come out on top. but then again... we have the post above ^ sigh.

#188 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

This mentality ^^ is the reason why the game struggles. Those who have no humility can't understand the ebb and flow to the highs and lows of the game... Folk like john here, cry conspiracy theories and sob for metacritic reviews to aid their position. It is first and foremost treated as a GAME and an ever changing one at that... If even a few of our community members actually took a second and realized this rather than pretend that some fanboy is constantly trying to bed their mother because of a flop, folks would see that the game can be played and enjoyed even during the moments your predictions don't come out on top. but then again... we have the post above ^ sigh.

Not the point. It's not the first time GS has been under suspicion of this.

#189 Posted by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@John_Matherson said:

It is the point when you allow your fantasies to ruin the fun...

#190 Edited by lostrib (33382 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@John_Matherson said:

@TheEroica said:

@John_Matherson said:

Well said. You should win system wars for this

#191 Edited by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@TheEroica said:

@John_Matherson said:

@TheEroica said:

@John_Matherson said:

@TheEroica said:

@John_Matherson said:

Well said. You should win system wars for this

Why thank you.... Tis a good idea to stomp the guts out of idiocy when it strikes. ;)

#192 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Lol this game gets more stupid with each passing minute. So you guys are adjusting your views to get a more realistic assesment of a console's games by allowing these "platform exclusives" but you don't think that ignoring 99.99% of the reviews across the entire industry and choosing only GS is distorting reality? Do you guys even listen to yourselves? this game is a joke and reflects the mentality of the creators, they must be jokers.

#193 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Lol this game gets more stupid with each passing minute. So you guys are adjusting your views to get a more realistic assesment of a console's games by allowing these "platform exclusives" but you don't think that ignoring 99.99% of the reviews across the entire industry and choosing only GS is distorting reality? Do you guys even listen to yourselves? this game is a joke and reflects the mentality of the creators, they must be jokers.

lol. Rage harder.

#194 Posted by Blabadon (25684 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Feel free to use another site or convince us why we shouldn't use GameSpot only.

#195 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@juarbles said:

Feel free to use another site or convince us why we shouldn't use GameSpot only.

I have tried several times to use reason with xboners but they are a lost cause. They will do anything to make a piece of crap like the xbone look good even if it means murdering all logic and decency.

#196 Posted by Blabadon (25684 posts) -
#197 Edited by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@juarbles said:

I have tried several times to use reason with xboners but they are a lost cause. They will do anything to make a piece of crap like the xbone look good even if it means murdering all logic and decency.

Seems legit.

#198 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Wow man, you like totally convinced me.

Ok lets try it again. It's simple, basic logic. For example up there an xboner said "No one who follows this hobby closely actually believes we still exist in such a black and white world like generations of old... we should attempt to adjust our thinking a bit in this instance." That means there is a call to make the game more in tune with the actual world of gaming and not a simplistic black and white world. So what is closer to how a game is regarded overall in the actual world of gaming GS or Metacritic? I put an example, TLOU won like hundreds of GOTY and was regarded a masterpiece in general by the gaming community now according to this metagame the game is represented by a 8 while a game like Ni No Kuni which is still a good game but won few rewards has a 9. So the Metagame is very innacurate with regards to the actual real world of gaming and Metacritic is closer to reality, this is undeniable. And people here talk about score consistency well the fact that GS allows two reviews per game and they can defer greatly tells me of how inconsistent the system here is since a score is the opinion of ONE reviewer and not of the entire staff of GS and the opinion of two different reviewers can differ greatly even by the same "standards". So the most logical thing will be to use Metacritic not GS. Simple, logical, straightforward, things this game in its current version lacks.

#199 Posted by lostrib (33382 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@Blabadon said:

Wow man, you like totally convinced me.

Ok lets try it again. It's simple, basic logic. For example up there an xboner said "No one who follows this hobby closely actually believes we still exist in such a black and white world like generations of old... we should attempt to adjust our thinking a bit in this instance." That means there is a call to make the game more in tune with the actual world of gaming and not a simplistic black and white world. So what is closer to how a game is regarded overall in the actual world of gaming GS or Metacritic? I put an example, TLOU won like hundreds of GOTY and was regarded a masterpiece in general by the gaming community now according to this metagame the game is represented by a 8 while a game like Ni No Kuni which is still a good game but won few rewards has a 9. So the Metagame is very innacurate with regards to the actual real world of gaming and Metacritic is closer to reality, this is undeniable. And people here talk about score consistency well the fact that GS allows two reviews per game and they can defer greatly tells me of how inconsistent the system here is since a score is the opinion of ONE reviewer and not of the entire staff of GS and the opinion of two different reviewers can differ greatly even by the same "standards". So the most logical thing will be to use Metacritic not GS. Simple, logical, straightforward, things this game in its current version lacks.

lol, what a dumbass

#200 Edited by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@juarbles said:

The issue seems to lie in the fact that you are trying to equate the metagame to the real world, when that was the exact opposite of what the game was initially for... It was a microcosm of the gaming journalism at large, using GS' numbers.