The Official Based System Wars Meta-Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by freedomfreak (40902 posts) -
@treedoor said:

3DS, PS Vita, and PC really SHOULD be included

Kinda stupid that there are fans of each of those systems, but they won't get to participate in the meta game.

And HD "remakes" should not be counted.

If being in higher definition constitutes exclusivity then I vote that every multiplat on the PC is exclusive.

I can agree with this.

#52 Edited by wolverine4262 (19383 posts) -

Woah woah woah!

Handhelds and PC dont count? Not like any of this matters, or any of these rules will actually be followed, but this has always been System Wars not Console Wars.

#53 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3611 posts) -

@treedoor:

Agreed. Great post.

#54 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -

A simple reminder of what has been going on for many years now.

#55 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite

  • PC - 1080p+
  • Xbox 360 - 720p
  • PS3 - 720p

Metro Last Light

  • PC - 1080p+
  • Xbox 360 - 720p
  • PS3 - 720p

Welp, there's two additional AAAe games for the PC Cool

Dat "higher-definition = exclusive" clause in the new meta game rulebook

#56 Edited by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

I'm sorry (just read the thread) the idea that HD remakes are exclusive may be the stupidest thing I've read on this forum in a very long time... Actually kinda shocked that anyone even considered such stupidity. So just to get this right a former game that is playable on another console is all of a sudden exclusive on another console despite it being readily available on another console. No way.

#57 Posted by jg4xchamp (48345 posts) -

smh

#58 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

#Xaero4king

#59 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

PC not counted on the metagame(or even the handhelds)? HD remakes/remasters counting as exclusives?

Sounds legit.

#60 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@Arach666 said:

PC not counted on the metagame(or even the handhelds)? HD remakes/remasters counting as exclusives?

Sounds legit.

Yesterday I thought there was no way System Wars could become worse

And then I read these proposed "new rules" for the meta game

:meh:

#61 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@Arach666 said:

PC not counted on the metagame(or even the handhelds)? HD remakes/remasters counting as exclusives?

Sounds legit.

Yesterday I thought there was no way System Wars could become worse

And then I read these proposed "new rules" for the meta game

There´s always a way.

#62 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

HD remakes/remasters counting as exclusives??

Time to start a bitching campain till this gets reversed.

#63 Posted by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

@Heil68: I want to see the thread where we all voted for something that stupid to be part of our metagame... Shit, I'm gonna go pop some popcorn and ask that anyone explain to me how a game available on another platform is exclusive when it's re-released... Please anyone... Make a case for it I dare you.

#64 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@Arach666 said:

@treedoor said:

@Arach666 said:

PC not counted on the metagame(or even the handhelds)? HD remakes/remasters counting as exclusives?

Sounds legit.

Yesterday I thought there was no way System Wars could become worse

And then I read these proposed "new rules" for the meta game

There´s always a way.

Only made worse by the fact that this thread got sticky'd

#65 Edited by Silverbond (16064 posts) -

People still care about the meta game?

#66 Posted by musicalmac (23033 posts) -

I think perhaps some of you are too serious for your own good. Don't be such disgruntled defeatists, this is a community after all. If people want to throw in their input, they're more than welcome to do so. As a couple people have said, this is more of a reminder than a declaration, and it's also indicative of the resources we have available. To explain --

- If someone is willing to go back in time to the WiiU's launch, and list every PC release from that point onward on the new spreadsheet, let me know. There's no doubt the PC selection will dwarf that other options, would anyone disagree?

- If someone is willing to go back in time and list every 3DS and Vita release, and add them to the spreadsheet, let me know. The more the merrier.

- If people don't want to consider HD remakes, even though they are technically exclusive save for your subjective opinion, then we can certainly have a spirited debate and vote. Stay tuned for more on this.

The problem with SW is not things like the metagame, the problem is apathetic animosity from the peanut gallery. If you want something to change, try PMing the people involved or making constructive comments on the boards. Do your best to refrain from lobbing those useless comments that were certainly posted while you were rolling your eyes. Those are the actual problem.

Feedback is welcome, that's why this thread isn't locked.

#67 Edited by clyde46 (46578 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

you guys are stripping the fun off SW... No wonder nobody comes around here anymore. The fun was seeing people trying to argue the flop but now with such strict rules all you'll see are people in a thread either celebrating the flop or celebrating the hype when is met and that is not fun. What about the meltdown? That was SW in its purest form. SW is not a place to be fair.

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men. None of this whining and complaining like what happened with TLOU.

#68 Posted by musicalmac (23033 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

you guys are stripping the fun off SW... No wonder nobody comes around here anymore. The fun was seeing people trying to argue the flop but now with such strict rules all you'll see are people in a thread either celebrating the flop or celebrating the hype when is met and that is not fun. What about the meltdown? That was SW in its purest form. SW is not a place to be fair.

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men. Now of this whining and complaining like what happened with TLOU.

That's so true. I miss it when people were willing to take a little personal responsibility for their hype.

#69 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

you guys are stripping the fun off SW... No wonder nobody comes around here anymore. The fun was seeing people trying to argue the flop but now with such strict rules all you'll see are people in a thread either celebrating the flop or celebrating the hype when is met and that is not fun. What about the meltdown? That was SW in its purest form. SW is not a place to be fair.

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men. Now of this whining and complaining like what happened with TLOU.

Yup, I say we light the fire of anarchy and mayhem and lets burn this sum bitch down! Power to the PEOPLE.

#70 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2163 posts) -

Very awesome, and I agree that 3DS and Vita should be listed and that HD collections should be counted if they are only playable on one console among THIS generation.

#71 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

you guys are stripping the fun off SW... No wonder nobody comes around here anymore. The fun was seeing people trying to argue the flop but now with such strict rules all you'll see are people in a thread either celebrating the flop or celebrating the hype when is met and that is not fun. What about the meltdown? That was SW in its purest form. SW is not a place to be fair.

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men. Now of this whining and complaining like what happened with TLOU.

Yup, I say we light the fire of anarchy and mayhem and lets burn this sum bitch down! Power to the PEOPLE.

I think this is it. The time has come. All hail heil.

#72 Posted by clyde46 (46578 posts) -

@NoirLamia777 said:

Very awesome, and I agree that 3DS and Vita should be listed and that HD collections should be counted if they are only playable on one console among THIS generation.

Just no. If the game has already been released on a previous gen then its not exclusive.

#73 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

Very awesome, and I agree that 3DS and Vita should be listed and that HD collections should be counted if they are only playable on one console among THIS generation.

Just no. If the game has already been released on a previous gen then its not exclusive.

#74 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8769 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

you guys are stripping the fun off SW... No wonder nobody comes around here anymore. The fun was seeing people trying to argue the flop but now with such strict rules all you'll see are people in a thread either celebrating the flop or celebrating the hype when is met and that is not fun. What about the meltdown? That was SW in its purest form. SW is not a place to be fair.

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men. Now of this whining and complaining like what happened with TLOU.

Yup, I say we light the fire of anarchy and mayhem and lets burn this sum bitch down! Power to the PEOPLE.

I think this is it. The time has come. All hail heil.

@Heil68 for SW King!

#75 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2163 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@clyde46 said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

Very awesome, and I agree that 3DS and Vita should be listed and that HD collections should be counted if they are only playable on one console among THIS generation.

Just no. If the game has already been released on a previous gen then its not exclusive.

Alright then, just my opinion. The reason why I agree with this is because the meta-game is for this generation only, it doesn't track previous generations. Just between the XB1, PS4, Wii U, not between all of them plus the XB, PS2, GC. Whatever though, I might just be stupid.

#76 Edited by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

@musicalmac: even though they are technically exclusive? How exactly can a remake be technically exclusive when thousands if not millions of gamers can play the game on another platform? Yet we view pc as generationless... You do see theMASSIVE flaw here right? You can consider this as a vote to openly discuss HD remakes... I'm In.

#77 Posted by tormentos (18328 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

you guys are stripping the fun off SW... No wonder nobody comes around here anymore. The fun was seeing people trying to argue the flop but now with such strict rules all you'll see are people in a thread either celebrating the flop or celebrating the hype when is met and that is not fun. What about the meltdown? That was SW in its purest form. SW is not a place to be fair.

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men. Now of this whining and complaining like what happened with TLOU.

That's so true. I miss it when people were willing to take a little personal responsibility for their hype.

Come on TLOU thread was a joke and MC shea is a troll,rating Beyond 2 souls higher than TLOU shold have get him kick out from this place,B2S is not a bad game but come on TLOU is way better in every single way possible,but graphics i think.

Also the same happen with B2S thread when scored 9 here but scored bad in several sites,like IGN for example who score the game 6.

Is done in all sides.

#78 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

a) Please include 3DS, PSV, and PC

b) HD remakes are not, should not be exclusive

#79 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@John_Matherson: Exactly, gamespot is a joke and the meta is for morons.

#80 Posted by Jankarcop (9618 posts) -

pc has exponentially most aaa/aa this new gen (since wiiU release)

#81 Edited by Capitan_Kid (6584 posts) -

Exclusive HD remakes count now?

The PS3 just got like 12+ exclusives.

#82 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Capitan_Kid: and they are all deserved.

#83 Posted by Blabadon (26583 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

you guys are stripping the fun off SW... No wonder nobody comes around here anymore. The fun was seeing people trying to argue the flop but now with such strict rules all you'll see are people in a thread either celebrating the flop or celebrating the hype when is met and that is not fun. What about the meltdown? That was SW in its purest form. SW is not a place to be fair.

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men. None of this whining and complaining like what happened with TLOU.

Not to mention people (fanboys) hype games below actually expected scores so they don't flop. Lame tactic.

I think @musicalmac seems to have a pretty good grasp of this right now. By all means and measures, we should include handhelds though

#84 Posted by jg4xchamp (48345 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Back when SW was good, people took their flops like men.

Load of shit.

PS2/Xbox/Cube gen? maybe, but even then they were whiny. The bets were just funnier to offset it.

#85 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Blabadon: What Blab said. Handhelds yes. PC no.

#86 Posted by musicalmac (23033 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@musicalmac: even though they are technically exclusive? How exactly can a remake be technically exclusive when thousands if not millions of gamers can play the game on another platform? Yet we view pc as generationless... You do see theMASSIVE flaw here right? You can consider this as a vote to openly discuss HD remakes... I'm In.

Where you at? The vote is up. SOUND OFF.

#87 Edited by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

@musicalmac: Wheres the vote at? Im off to bed, past midnight here... I vote HELLZ NO to HD remakes being exclusive... never ever... yuk.

#88 Edited by musicalmac (23033 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@musicalmac: Wheres the vote at? Im off to bed, past midnight here... I vote HELLZ NO to HD remakes being exclusive... never ever... yuk.

lol, sleep tight. Glad you found it, kind of. I expected so much more from your impassioned opinion!

#89 Posted by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@TheEroica said:

@musicalmac: Wheres the vote at? Im off to bed, past midnight here... I vote HELLZ NO to HD remakes being exclusive... never ever... yuk.

lol, sleep tight. Glad you found it, kind of. I expected so much more from your impassioned opinion!

I was away from the computer for a while, but yes I want to be a part of this vote. I love that the metagame is being brought up, as it's become a bit of a lost art around here... NOt that there has ever really been a time where fanboys tried to fanboy their way out of it :P but having a little legitimacy to our game marks the time better... For example, When the legend of zelda twilight princess flopped with an 8.8, it was a fat, colossal, mega, crazy FLOP! it was felt around the whole damn forum. People at the very least, respected the game a little.... now adays, its just become a pissing contest of who can dig up the highest score they and stand behind it against the heard... no respect for the game whatsoever... How would TLOU or Ryse or whatever, flopping that hard have been felt in here had we existed in a twilight princess world? sigh... it would've been such a glorious memory of a great day in system wars....

So in short, hats off, this is a vote(s) I've wanted for a very long time.

#90 Posted by musicalmac (23033 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@musicalmac said:

@TheEroica said:

@musicalmac: Wheres the vote at? Im off to bed, past midnight here... I vote HELLZ NO to HD remakes being exclusive... never ever... yuk.

lol, sleep tight. Glad you found it, kind of. I expected so much more from your impassioned opinion!

I was away from the computer for a while, but yes I want to be a part of this vote. I love that the metagame is being brought up, as it's become a bit of a lost art around here... NOt that there has ever really been a time where fanboys tried to fanboy their way out of it :P but having a little legitimacy to our game marks the time better... For example, When the legend of zelda twilight princess flopped with an 8.8, it was a fat, colossal, mega, crazy FLOP! it was felt around the whole damn forum. People at the very least, respected the game a little.... now adays, its just become a pissing contest of who can dig up the highest score they and stand behind it against the heard... no respect for the game whatsoever... How would TLOU or Ryse or whatever, flopping that hard have been felt in here had we existed in a twilight princess world? sigh... it would've been such a glorious memory of a great day in system wars....

So in short, hats off, this is a vote(s) I've wanted for a very long time.

Maybe we'll get people to understand how giving a little ground from time to time is okay, and how safely you could do so without too much personal trouble with something as harmless as the metagame.

#91 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

And SW gets dumber.... hooray!

Or should i call it "console wars" now?

#92 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@killerfist said:

windwaker is exclusive?

Nah it's not, that was purely administrative error, although Mac has done a decent service in getting a discussion going about it.


I think a reasonable middle ground with remakes is to include them as part of a console's overall library, but obviously not grant them 'exclusive' status as while they are only available on one platform in that current form, they're available on another in an incredibly similar one.

But of course people are free to propose alternatives, we're only just getting this ball rolling again.

#93 Posted by killerfist (19827 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@killerfist said:

windwaker is exclusive?

Nah it's not, that was purely administrative error, although Mac has done a decent service in getting a discussion going about it.

I think a reasonable middle ground with remakes is to include them as part of a console's overall library, but obviously not grant them 'exclusive' status as while they are only available on one platform in that current form, they're available on another in an incredibly similar one.

But of course people are free to propose alternatives, we're only just getting this ball rolling again.

Yes, I can agree with that.

I honesty have no clue if there is a big difference compared to the GC version or not. With the WiiU pad and all. From what I've seen not really enough to warrant "exclusive status".

But then again, the GC version is 2 gens ago. So I think that should count for something.

#94 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

What a stupid game. Metacritic all the way. This place is filled with xboner reviewers who are not even real gamers.

#95 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8769 posts) -

@juarbles said:

What a stupid game. Metacritic all the way. This place is filled with xboner reviewers who are not even real gamers.

Well then, just leave or don't play the game.

#96 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@juarbles said:

What a stupid game. Metacritic all the way. This place is filled with xboner reviewers who are not even real gamers.

This is why the game is implemented, for standardisation on the forum. Not so people can wriggle out of shit with metacritic etc.

#97 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -

@juarbles said:

What a stupid game. Metacritic all the way. This place is filled with xboner reviewers who are not even real gamers.

Not sure you've really been a member long enough to really grasp whats being discussed fully, esp with comments like that.

#98 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@killerfist said:

windwaker is exclusive?

Nah it's not, that was purely administrative error, although Mac has done a decent service in getting a discussion going about it.

I think a reasonable middle ground with remakes is to include them as part of a console's overall library, but obviously not grant them 'exclusive' status as while they are only available on one platform in that current form, they're available on another in an incredibly similar one.

But of course people are free to propose alternatives, we're only just getting this ball rolling again.

Ninja-Hippo, why are the handhelds excluded? Are they going to be included? Is it because you don't have someone with enough familiarity with the two platforms to help with the spreadsheet? Because if so, I volunteer to help with that.

However, I see no justification for why handhelds are excluded at all.

Also, yes, I agree with your reasoning for the remakes. As a matter of fact, I had always believed that to be the case- of course a game like Wind Waker HD is a part of the Wii U library, but on the other hand, no it is not exclusive.

So yes, your middle ground there sounds perfectly fair to me.

#99 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

Handhelds shouldn't count. I agree. Right @jg4xchamp?

#100 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Heil68: You just don't want the vita to steal all of the PS4's exclusives. ;P