The Next Chapter -XB1 Jan Windows conference-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-exec-teases-gaming-news-for-january-windows-1/1100-6424379/

Xbox Exec Teases Gaming News for January Windows 10 Event

When Microsoft announced earlier this month that Xbox boss Phil Spencer would be a featured speaker at January's Windows 10 consumer event, some wondered why that might be. Now we know, as Spencer says the presentation will include news/reveals that should appeal to Xbox fans.

Asked on Twitter if January's Windows 10 event would feature any noteworthy announcements about the Xbox One, Spencer replied: "I think what we will show will be interesting to both Windows and Xbox gamers."

Spencer will speak at the January 21 event at Microsoft's headquarters alongside Windows executives Terry Myerson and Joe Belfiore. All three are expected to talk about "the Windows 10 consumer experience" during the presentation, which Microsoft is calling "The Next Chapter."

Just last week, Spencer strongly suggested that this Windows 10 event would have gaming news, when he said: "It's time for us to talk about gaming on Windows."

In his role as Head of Xbox, Spencer not only oversees all Xbox gaming projects, but also everything to do with gaming inside of Microsoft. This includes PC gaming which, despite Microsoft's demonstrable priority focus on Xbox, Spencer has maintained is "incredibly important."

When Microsoft announced Windows 10 in September, it described the OS as "one platform" for all of the company's products. However, we still don't know how Windows 10 might impact Xbox One. It's possible Spencer will talk about this during the Windows 10 event next month.

Another possibility is that Spencer and company will talk about the rumored new Xbox App for Windows 10 and Cortana voice-recognition integration, both of which were leaked earlier this month.

One gaming-related item we're not likely to see at next month's Windows 10 event is Microsoft's secret game-streaming technology, Arcadia. GameSpot sister site Zdnet reported last week that the technology is too early on in development for an official reveal in January.

seems like there will be some interesting gaming news presented during next month's Windows presentation involving Windows and the XB1. they're calling it "the Next Chapter" even...this could be big. what do people here think? are you expecting a small, medium, or large announcement during the show...a megaton maybe? this could be interesting...

anyway, did yah hear that Street Fighter 5 will have cross platform play...sweet.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#2 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Am I the only one, who (as a PC Gamer) is getting bad feeling about this? Why am I getting this feeling that something terrible like GFWL is about to happen and M$ should just leave us alone?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

Getting the one store across all its product range is a smart move. Will bring 1000's of games and apps to Xbox One (although I suspect they will take a while to come through).

Microsoft going to stomp the competition in 2015.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tymeservesfate

@Cloud_imperium said:

Am I the only one, who (as a PC Gamer) is getting bad feeling about this? Why am I getting this feeling that something terrible like GFWL is about to happen and M$ should just leave us alone?

idk, maybe you're a pessimist. -joking-

but no seriously...the seesaw effect of people saying that MS needs to support PC gaming more but then them putting a bad spin on things when MS seems to be sending more support towards PC and gaming alike, should stop. you can't have both lol. either you want more with your PC gaming, or you don't. which is it? because asking for it then complaining about it when you get is off putting.

12Danny123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By 12Danny123
Member since 2014 • 110 Posts

@tdkmillsy:

I agree. It's definitely a smart move since no one is in this sector. I can see it as a way of Microsoft to monopolize the TV, Tablet and Hybrid market by using their desktop advantage

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Dupe thread. There is already a thread made yesterday on this twitter Spencer "tease" for the upcoming Win10 event.

News for Both Xbox and PC Gamers Coming in January (link)

Considering you made the article a day late you should know it's old news in SW time.

I already said it's probably more footage of indie timed exclusive PC/Xbone game Below.

The Spencer tweets regarding the indie studio Capybara Games (Critter Crunch, SuperBrothers, Super Time Force, etc) implies another look at Capybara's upcoming timed exclusive indie game, "Below" which is slated right now to release first on PC and Xbone, followed by other platforms after that (PS, maybe Nintendo; see Capy's Super Time Force Ultra).

Based on some tiny tweets, this is most likely about Capybara's Timed exclusive Below to be shown off at the Win10 event.

EDIT: This duplicate thread was created three hours ago and the older thread I linked is over a day old.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

How many more threads are we gonna have on the next duff Microsoft announcement?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Nope you're definitely not the only one, I have a horrible sinking feeling from it as well.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Getting the one store across all its product range is a smart move. Will bring 1000's of games and apps to Xbox One (although I suspect they will take a while to come through).

Actually it makes purchasing the Xbox One superfluous.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

pretty much

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Krelian-co

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

but no seriously...the seesaw effect of people saying that MS needs to support PC gaming more but then them putting a bad spin on things when MS seems to be sending more support towards PC and gaming alike, should stop. you can't have both lol. either you want more with your PC gaming, or you don't. which is it? because asking for it then complaining about it when you get is off putting.

people just want the games ported not their terrible platform, apps or policies. This sound another terrible attempt at forcing pc gamers to their platform.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#12 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

people just want the games ported not their terrible platform, apps or policies. This sound another terrible attempt at forcing pc gamers to their platform.

Exactly

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tymeservesfate

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Exactly

what game? no game is even mentioned. no one knows what MS is planning with this yet. we just know there's a plan. to act as if its terrible already when no one even knows what it is yet is...it just seems like the company is being put in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation honestly. which is never fair...but ok i guess.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Aaaaaaaahahaha. Yeah, I can see the general public climbing over itself for weather apps and that Kim Kardashian mobile game.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tymeservesfate

@SolidTy said:

Dupe thread. There is already a thread made yesterday on this twitter Spencer "tease" for the upcoming Win10 event.

News for Both Xbox and PC Gamers Coming in January (link)

Considering you made the article a day late you should know it's old news in SW time.

I already said it's probably more footage of indie timed exclusive PC/Xbone game Below.

The Spencer tweets regarding the indie studio Capybara Games (Critter Crunch, SuperBrothers, Super Time Force, etc) implies another look at Capybara's upcoming timed exclusive indie game, "Below" which is slated right now to release first on PC and Xbone, followed by other platforms after that (PS, maybe Nintendo; see Capy's Super Time Force Ultra).

Based on some tiny tweets, this is most likely about Capybara's Timed exclusive Below to be shown off at the Win10 event.

my article article was posted just yesterday. it has solid confirmation that Xbox One will be significantly involved in the presentation. basically just more info.

but fine. if you feel you should, write a mod and push to get this thread closed. people can then move the discussion back to that thread you prefer lol. your choice.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Halo 5 on PC. You know it's coming.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

App stores don't work for PC. Apple tried it for Mac and it bombed. You're not the only one getting bad vibes from this.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

They should announce that STEAM will distribute Office and call it a day.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Exactly

what game? no game is even mentioned. no one knows what MS is planning with this yet. we just know there's a plan. to act as if its terrible already when no one even knows what it is yet is...it just seems like the company is being put in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation honestly. which is never fair...but ok i guess.

Look at MS's history of trying to introduce new things....

Metro UI for Win 8 = Failed
XB1 DRM policies = Failed
Windows Phone = Failed
App Store for Win 8 = Failed

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I hope its good news for the console, dont really care about the Windows/PC side of things.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

I came in here looking for new games for 2015, and people hyping apps and shit...the ****?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Krelian-co

@TorqueHappens08 said:

I came in here looking for new games for 2015, and people hyping apps and shit...the ****?

something something tv sports watercooler.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

Meh, Microsoft.

They keep announcing they are going to show stuff for PC, but all I ever see is re-releases of really old games (Rise of Nations, Flight sim, ...) or Xbox games ported over in some instances.

They should finally announce something worthwhile like a new PC exclusive with a budget and not a F2P flop that is meant to appeal to everyone but in fact appeals to no one. Instead of blowing hot air like they have been these last few years.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

They will basically show why owning a Gaming pc will make it worthless to own a X1. MS simply whores out all there exclusives.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tymeservesfate

@clyde46 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Exactly

Look at MS's history of trying to introduce new things....

Metro UI for Win 8 = Failed

XB1 DRM policies = Failed

Windows Phone = Failed

App Store for Win 8 = Failed

eh -shrugs-...got to wait and see i guess. the event is less than a month away. and i'm still interested. it could be shit or another great addition to gaming, among other things. but to label it as instant trash before knowing a single thing about it is silly. MS is a successful company all around. they havent had many failures. but yes they have had some failures before.

Sony though, they have released way more failed projects than MS ever has in the gaming world. the Vita and PStv being the latest. it is one of the reasons why they're in the bad financial state they're in now. how MS is being labeled the one who puts out bad products/services constantly is strange to say the least lol.

Windows phones ARE complete garbage though....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

They will basically show why owning a Gaming pc will make it worthless to own a X1. MS simply whores out all there exclusives.

Hopefully. I really don't want to get another Xbox, but games like Quantum Break look rather nice :)

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Nothing to worry about,they will promise something do a half arsed job if anything at all then we as usual will continue to ignore them or berate them for their failiures....so just like the past couple of decades :D

Personally speaking from past experiences i want microsoft to stay away from PC gaming,they will never invest enough on it to bring back some of their best PC exclusive franchises and they sure as hell do not have a mind to support the biggest strength of the PC which is it's openness,they want a way to spend as little as possible while charging you as much as they can while forcing you for no good reason to buy the newest version of windows simply because they have decided to only release stuff on their newest version of windows while actually ignoring their biggest installed user base *facepalm*

Not speaking about the XBOX but when it comes to the PC they are their own worst enemy and their level of self sabotage is legendary...IMO