The new GEARS game is going to be SPECTACULAR!!!

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

It really won't be. It will be the God of War Ascension of Gears games

Didn't they already make that game? Gears of War: Judgement

Lord I had completely forgotten about that game. Shows how much of an impact it had :/

#52 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Lord I had completely forgotten about that game. Shows how much of an impact it had :/

Well releasing it in march and not advertising as much didn't help. Question do you think the one is in the postion the 360 has been the last couple years of it's life? Gears halo forza with the occasional exclusive and multiplats?

#53 Posted by Vatusus (4807 posts) -

Wait, so 1st lems say The Order is just another "generic shooter gears clone" but now they'll hype a gears game? ._.

#54 Posted by StormyJoe (5665 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: the black tusk game was not cancelled, they hired a 2nd development team.

#55 Posted by Wasdie (50263 posts) -

There is really no room for the Gears of War series to go. It's all used up. Microsoft should just work on a new IP.

#56 Edited by handssss (1837 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Ascension wasn't THAT bad.

#57 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@Wasdie: That be a very rare occurrence this gen my friend.

#58 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3923 posts) -

Hell... Knowing MS, it might never be released.

#59 Posted by Shewgenja (9822 posts) -

Leaving this here.

#60 Posted by clone01 (24935 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Just like the last one? Waffles. On a serious note, I hope it is, because the games started to suck with Gears 3.

I liked Gears 3 better than Gears 2. Haven't played Judgement, though.

#61 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Vanquish already dethroned Gears as the no.1 tps and soon, The Order will dethrone that.

#62 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

IMO, GEOW is a mediocre series.

Vanquish is soooo much better.

Hell,

BulletStorm and Lost Planet are better (not saying much)

#63 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10654 posts) -

Considering that Microsoft Vancouver, er... Black Tusk Studios is taking over the IP with what I would assume would be a brand new franchise, I would hope they would be taking their time.

#64 Posted by Roler42 (782 posts) -

Another Gears I won't care about, my interest for the franchise ended after Gears 3, whatever prequels they release I could care less about, i'd rather pick up the order, and at least see something new and then give them my feedback on what to do or not to do should they plan to release "the order 2"

Either way... This thread feels more like CT treating SW as his personal blog and less like you know... SW discussion

#65 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Wait, so 1st lems say The Order is just another "generic shooter gears clone" but now they'll hype a gears game? ._.

From the brief gameplay snippets The Order it is a clone, but thats not a bad or negative thing. The Order has its own style and visual flair and if the game is good I may buy it. Gears is a damn good game to build a base on IMHO. A cover-based, squad third-person shooter isnt something you've seen alot of on PS so why not make one.

As for the thread itself, the title is the problem as there is no way to know if the new Gears will be spectacular anymore than we know Uncharted or Halo or Zelda will be. But the OP message is correct in that its a good thing MS is letting Black Tusk take their time crafting this game. That's a positive. And with Rod in charge I have very high hopes for a great game.

#66 Posted by remiks00 (1968 posts) -
@Solid_Max13 said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Based on what? The words of an executive? No footage, no screenshots, really nothing is available regarding the game, but by all means, hype it.

This

lol. +1

#67 Edited by speedfog (3280 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Based on what? The words of an executive? No footage, no screenshots, really nothing is available regarding the game, but by all means, hype it.

This

The Order was already hyped before something was released of it.

#68 Edited by BronxBomber (13398 posts) -

Just got an Xbox One (have a PS4 already) but I never played the GOW games. Any rumors about getting GOW games put on the XBOne?

#69 Posted by ni6htmare01 (1026 posts) -

@BronxBomber said:

Just got an Xbox One (have a PS4 already) but I never played the GOW games. Any rumors about getting GOW games put on the XBOne?

are you talking about Gears of War or God of War? If you refer God of War than XB will never get it because it is own and created by Sony, where Gears of War is now own my MS!

#70 Edited by jake44 (2024 posts) -

@lostrib said:

stop making threads

#71 Edited by indigenous_euphoria (165 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

Giving it more development time won't guarantee a better product.

343i, for example, could have half a decade to develop a Halo game and it won't ever be as good as a Bungie halo game.

Hopefully the team working on Gears will do a good job. Maybe they can make it better than Epic, who IMO weakened the series with its entries after Gears 1. But adding more development time is certainly not a guarantor of that.

Halo 4 was way better then Reach, ODST, 3 or even Halo 2. 343 did an amazing job!

#72 Posted by BronxBomber (13398 posts) -

@ni6htmare01: My mistake, I should have been clearer. I meant Gears of War. I am pissed at myself that I never played them (I didn't have a 360) and was hoping that they were making a XBOne version (kinda like they are rumored to be doing with Halo 2).

#73 Posted by ni6htmare01 (1026 posts) -

@BronxBomber: the first Gears of War has a PC version. you can go check it out. I', sure MS will release some type of remaster versions just to cash it!

#74 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@speedfog said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

This

The Order was already hyped before something was released of it.

The Order had E3 Footage no one had heard of it before that, and all footage was in-game footage, All this topic is doing is saying next Gears will be spectacular because the developer is taking their time with it?

#75 Posted by Nightflash28 (2125 posts) -

Honestly, TC.. you need crawl out of MS's behind.

#76 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16973 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I wonder if Microsoft will just continue to alternate between Halo and Gears like they during the 360's life cycle.

Most likely. That is why I'm never getting one. I learned my lesson by getting a 360.

They start out strong with a bunch of new IP, and then when people are buying the console with a steady flow it's nothing but halo/gears/forza.

Pass.

#77 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

HaloForzaGears rinse and repeat

#78 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

I played the first Gear of war on PC and thought it was pretty average don't think I bothered to complete it. Hope that was not the best one in the series. Then again I'm more into the RPG and action adventure type game.

But I'm sure it will be as good as it can be if they understand what made the game great for so many people.

#79 Edited by iloveatlus (296 posts) -

They need to do a reboot, the gameplay is fine, but they seriously need to work on the story, and character. Story & characters are just complete shit.

I'm looking more forward to The Order:1886 than Gears.

#80 Posted by incuensuocha (1510 posts) -

I have no reason to believe at this point that the next GeOW game is going to be bad, even though I thought Judgement was a steaming pile of dung, but I have no reason to believe it's going to be good either. The reason is because we literally know NOTHING about this game, other than the fact it's being made by a new dev. And that fact alone is reason enough to be skeptical at this point.

#81 Posted by silversix_ (14988 posts) -

Yes it will be SPECTACULAR>

1- Five hours campaign

2- 8 pvp maps

3- Horde Mode now with 250 waves instead of 50

4- Uses the cloud to store your levels and kills!

5- 900p! Eat shit 720p!!!

6- Only available on Xbwax in 2016

7- Has co-op!

8- WIll look better than Gears 3 which is an achievement

9- Will have more than 3 useful weapons in the game, this is a next generation feature not possible on 360

10- Cliffy's restaurant will be an extra multiplayer level for those who've pre-ordered the game

SPECTACULAR indeed.

#82 Edited by sirk1264 (5584 posts) -

@indigenous_euphoria: wow. You are in the minority then many regard halo 4 as crap compared to the rest. Halo: CE, halo 2, and halo 3 were all better than halo 4.

#83 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

The bigger they hype the bigger the flop.

#84 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

I for one, welcome a next gen gears game. Better than nothing hey.

#85 Posted by PraetorianMan (1347 posts) -

If anyone wants an example of how good singleplayer gameplay can get absolutely wrecked by a terrible narrative, try Company of Heroes 2.

A new Gears game might have a good MP component, but they shouldn't even bother with singleplayer. No matter how good the core gameplay might be, the abysmal story writing and narrative will drag it straight down to the depths of Hell.

#86 Posted by sailor232 (4917 posts) -

I do wish when a series is supposed to be finished, that it would stay finished. MGS, Halo, Gears, Mass Effect. I wouldn't personally mind some remakes as I have not played any of the Microsoft exclusives (Playstation owner last gen). I just wish the milking would stop, Nintendo are paying heavily for that reason (and others) and soon Microsoft and Sony will as well when people get bored of the same things over and over.

#87 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72957 posts) -

And this is good why? They could have tried something new, with a new IP. But instead you got this

#88 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I like the optimism lol, but I haven't had a craving to play Gears of War since the 2nd one. I'm just done with that series. I don't think there is anything they could do to draw me back in

#89 Posted by silversix_ (14988 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

I for one, welcome a next gen gears game. Better than nothing hey.

Nothing? BRO! You have Forza/Fable/Halo. that's not "nothing"!

#90 Edited by Pray_to_me (2921 posts) -

The last two gears games sucked ass so you can keep that trash lemmings.

#91 Posted by Karpetburnz (548 posts) -

Lems just a few days ago: "The Order sucks, we dont need more generic Third person cover shooters"

Lems now: "Gears will be the bestest game ever, TCHBO"

#92 Posted by thegamer00 (131 posts) -

The Order on ps4 is a gears clone. Why play that when you can play the original.

#93 Posted by blamix99 (2240 posts) -

wow i can't wait for Halo 5,6,7,8 also Gears 4,5,6,7 and Froza 6,7,8,9 it's like were still on the Xbox360. LOL..

#94 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

Next gen Gears will be brilliant and 100% worth the wait! People say there is nowhere for the series to go but in my eyes the possibilities are endless!

#95 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

It's possible the next Gears game is an online only MP game but with a MP single player built in just like Titanfall this might not be a bad thing either.

#96 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@MonsieurX said:

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

also they onlly want to give it time to see what Sony does with The Order since they set the standard for graphics, gameplay and innovation that has lead all games best games during the generation.

The next gears of war = cheap The Order rip-off confirmed

The Order = cheap GeOW rip-off already,lolz

But it's more cinematic

another movie on moviestation 4

#97 Posted by cainetao11 (17994 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: well there is the 14 years from judgment to gears 1. Many battles to fill in.

#98 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7868 posts) -

Interesting point TC. MS has a 100 round drum mag loaded. Gears is just another bullet to add to the arsenal. Let this one age like a fine wine.