The new GEARS game is going to be SPECTACULAR!!!

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I'm so happy that MS is saying that they will not rush this game and it will be in development for a good amount of time. It seems we won't see another Gears game for at least two years maybe longer especially with Halo 5 coming in 2015.

Here's the deal in another 2-3 years from now we will have an actually craving to get back to playing some Gears. By then it will have been several years since we seen a Gears game and we all should have built up that mojo again by then. This is great MS will finely tune a new Gears game and give it a spit polish shine with added innovations and new ideas.

This is a really great thing glad to see MS making wise choices and looking to keep a high caliber franchise just that high caliber and taking time and not trying to burn out the franchise.

Should be great.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/microsoft-wont-rush-gears-of-war-onto-xbox-one

#2 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5812 posts) -

the series has nowhere to go except prequels. the story, characters and unvierse were already horrible so i dont see why there needs to be another gears. they should make it multiplayer only download title

#3 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@me3x12: Agreed. No need at all to rush this. give Rod and the Black Husk team the time and resources to knock create a killer version of the game for Xbox One. No rush job on this. Its one of the systems most important franchises and it deserves an all out effort.

#4 Posted by lostrib (40075 posts) -

stop making threads

#5 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

Giving it more development time won't guarantee a better product.

343i, for example, could have half a decade to develop a Halo game and it won't ever be as good as a Bungie halo game.

Hopefully the team working on Gears will do a good job. Maybe they can make it better than Epic, who IMO weakened the series with its entries after Gears 1. But adding more development time is certainly not a guarantor of that.

#6 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7774 posts) -

Based on what? The words of an executive? No footage, no screenshots, really nothing is available regarding the game, but by all means, hype it.

#7 Edited by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

Yeah. There are more games to play before Gears of War comes out.

So yeah, we got time :)

Kinect Sports Rivals, Halo remake, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Kingdom Hearts III and other games

#8 Posted by misterpmedia (3783 posts) -

inb4: Locklem get's his bad threads locked.

Tell us how the new Gears is in 2017 when it's released.

#9 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Sure I'll tell you when a new GT game is released on PS4 with half baked cars and no cockpit views in 2020

And actually 2017 would be fine we will have a new Halo and Titanfall and games like Sunset Overdrive and of course a new Black Ops 3 to hold us over why they polish up a great new gears game so waiting 3 years is a good thing.

#10 Edited by misterpmedia (3783 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Sure I'll tell you when a new GT game is released on PS4 with half baked cars and no cockpit views in 2020

Forza 5* was a launch game, you should feel embarrassed.

#11 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Based on what? The words of an executive? No footage, no screenshots, really nothing is available regarding the game, but by all means, hype it.

This

#12 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

What's the point of this thread again?

#13 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

It's most likely going to suck.

#14 Edited by lostrib (40075 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

What's the point of this thread again?

hopefully it will get locked and TC will get all butthurt

#15 Posted by always_explicit (3022 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the series has nowhere to go except prequels. the story, characters and unvierse were already horrible so i dont see why there needs to be another gears. they should make it multiplayer only download title

The GeOW series is what it is. You might have found it all horrible but they are good games. There is plenty of scope for a new game. The story was humans fighting back against alien invasion....we only followed Marcus and a few others over the series. There are a million other stories that could be told within the same universe and time frame without going down the prequel route.

#16 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

All we know about is its not made by Epic anymore...ha

#17 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Forza 5 is an amazing game and amazing for a launch game by the way how many years has Forza DESTROYED GT??? Forza is AAA GT is LMAO half baked cars barely AA

#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

It really won't be. It will be the God of War Ascension of Gears games

#19 Edited by MonsieurX (31194 posts) -

This thread should follow the trend of OP's threads getting locked

#20 Edited by lostrib (40075 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Didn't they already make that game? Gears of War: Judgement

#21 Posted by misterpmedia (3783 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Forza 5 is an amazing game and amazing for a launch game by the way how many years has Forza DESTROYED GT??? Forza is AAA GT is LMAO half baked cars barely AA

Forza 5 looked great and not half baked at E3 and the Xbone reveal. After that, not so much. A next gen game VS. a last gen game. Bahahaha! you must be so insecure to think that's even a victory. Holy christ hahaha. At least GT could acheive 3D crowds.

#22 Posted by StormyJoe (5875 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#23 Posted by Zero_epyon (5395 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

343i, for example, could have half a decade to develop a Halo game and it won't ever be as good as a Bungie halo game.

Hopefully the team working on Gears will do a good job. Maybe they can make it better than Epic, who IMO weakened the series with its entries after Gears 1. But adding more development time is certainly not a guarantor of that.

Pretty much this. Example: Grand Turismo 5. 5 Years dev time and still managed to be less appealing than GT3 Aspec.

#24 Edited by kinectthedots (2232 posts) -

Delaybox one

also they onlly want to give it time to see what Sony does with The Order since Sony exclusives set the standard for graphics, gameplay and innovation that has lead all games best games during the past generation.

The next gears of war = cheap The Order rip-off confirmed

#25 Posted by DocSanchez (1787 posts) -

I was for a while really impressed with Gears when it first came out but the world and the characters were frankly awful. They need to give the series a rest.

#26 Posted by MonsieurX (31194 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

also they onlly want to give it time to see what Sony does with The Order since they set the standard for graphics, gameplay and innovation that has lead all games best games during the generation.

The Order = cheap GeOW rip-off already,lolz

#27 Edited by Zero_epyon (5395 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Also this. Didn't the main story end already?

#28 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

Lol GEOW hahahahahahah

#29 Posted by lostrib (40075 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

also they onlly want to give it time to see what Sony does with The Order since they set the standard for graphics, gameplay and innovation that has lead all games best games during the generation.

But it's more cinematic

#30 Posted by MonsieurX (31194 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@MonsieurX said:

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

But it's more cinematic

With extra film grain

#31 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2706 posts) -

I'm in favor of a series reboot. The standard narrative is over, and we need to travel hundreds of years into the future or the past and basically start over.

Despite all the flak it gets now, the Gears series was once revolutionary and amazing. It could be that again if they don't rest on their laurels.

#32 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

also they onlly want to give it time to see what Sony does with The Order since Sony exclusives set the standard for graphics, gameplay and innovation that has lead all games best games during the past generation.

I guarantee MS has no worries about The Order. I don't even think The Order will even have MP? Gears offers a heavily focused great MP also. Not to mention IGN has already been trashing the order saying it's laggy and not that great.

#33 Edited by Heil68 (46173 posts) -

Just like the last one? Waffles. On a serious note, I hope it is, because the games started to suck with Gears 3.

#34 Edited by kinectthedots (2232 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

Nope,

there is no way to make a "cheap" GeOW rip-off when the serise itself is already lowered to a silly run and gun shotgun fest with terrible strory and actors. The short The Order reveal trailer already puts it at a higher quality story, acting and graphics that what the cheap GeOW serise is known for.

Wake up lem, Sony has higher calibur devs than anything MS has to offer and with Sony in control of quality control I can atleast expect it to be somewhat enjoyable unlike trying to play throgh any gears campaign.

#35 Posted by lostrib (40075 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@MonsieurX said:

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

Nope,

there is no way to make a "cheap" GeOW rip-off when the serise itself is already lowered to a silly run and gun shotgun fest with terrible strory and actors. The short The Order reveal trailer already puts it at a higher quality story, acting and graphics that what the cheap GeOW serise is known for.

*series

#36 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5812 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

or it could be i played the games, realised the story was a typical hollywood summer blockbuster flick with no real character development or rich universe that engrossed players and a game that relied on graphics to wow people and featured at the time a refined cover system which [ractocally every tps now has anyway. gears was meant to be a trilogy, there is no point continuing this shallow story at all

#37 Posted by Timstuff (26837 posts) -

Gears of War has never had a compelling universe or mythology. We all liked the first game because the graphics were amazing, the cover mechanics felt fresh, and it was really gory and violent. The sequels kept getting worse though, and now the series is effectively over-- and the more games they make, it seems like the sillier the characters look. Marcus Fenix looks like a giant metal turtle when he is hiding behind a chest high-wall because his armor is so bulky.

Gears is one of those series where there is nothing left to do with it except prequels, and no-one cares what Marcus Fenix had for lunch a year before the first game. Just let it be dead, like God of War (and oddly enough, the two franchises share the same initials). The story was never good to begin with, and there are only so many ways you can make a game about shooting gray aliens in a field of rubble.

#38 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

or it could be i played the games, realised the story was a typical hollywood summer blockbuster flick with no real character development or rich universe that engrossed players and a game that relied on graphics to wow people and featured at the time a refined cover system which [ractocally every tps now has anyway. gears was meant to be a trilogy, there is no point continuing this shallow story at all

Mass Effect was a trilogy and I know myself and millions are drooling for a new Mass Effect game. So why not gears? They have a ton of ways they can go in other directions for a new Gears game. Heck they can start a whole new trilogy based on Marcus's son. You ever think he might of planted a seed in some COG slag

#39 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@kinectthedots said:

Delaybox one

I guarantee MS has no worries about The Order. I don't even think The Order will even have MP? Gears offers a heavily focused great MP also. Not to mention IGN has already been trashing the order saying it's laggy and not that great.

Gears' MP was sub-par besides horde mode which was only introduced in GeOW2, and I'd rather a beautifully crafted single player than tacked on MP. And also IGN didn;t bash The Order their more confused and excited and the Podcast stated everything about the article of what they saw only hoping that the demo exceeds the performance and is ready for release in 2014.

#40 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5812 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The GeOW series is what it is. You might have found it all horrible but they are good games. There is plenty of scope for a new game. The story was humans fighting back against alien invasion....we only followed Marcus and a few others over the series. There are a million other stories that could be told within the same universe and time frame without going down the prequel route.

i would call the 1st one a good game, maybe even very good because at the time it featured the most refined cover system to date and the graphics were nice. it also featured different type of multiplayer and is really the 1st game i invested time into because it was so unique but since then the series has stagnated and the flaws exposed.

the story is typical, the characters are awful and the universe is shallow. they could tell other stories but it will be more of the same garbage, the only differentiator gears has is its multiplayer and having played that for years im burnt out on it

#41 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18141 posts) -

I wonder if Microsoft will just continue to alternate between Halo and Gears like they during the 360's life cycle.

#42 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8829 posts) -

When did lems become so out of touch with reality? This is sad.

#43 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5812 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Mass Effect was a trilogy and I know myself and millions are drooling for a new Mass Effect game. So why not gears? They have a ton of ways they can go in other directions for a new Gears game. Heck they can start a whole new trilogy based on Marcus's son. You ever think he might of planted a seed in some COG slag

actually im not excited for mass effect at all, i think it should end with the trilogy. but mass effect universe and gears universe are incomparable, gears doesnt have no where near the depth of mass effect and how would a new trilogy based on marcus son work? who would they be fighting?the locust are eliminated so whats the new threat going to be? fighting humans? why not start a new ip which features similar mechanics to gears instead and start from scratch? because m$

#44 Posted by jsmoke03 (13033 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

totally agreed. i think it can return to form and having some time to develop actually helps developers at least in journalists minds and give them decent scores even if nothing changes . ex. daiblo 3....

#45 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

The Gears story was failry decent they delved into other characters back stories like with Dom and Baird.

Not to mention funny how Cows just a few months ago where screaming they are getting Gears on PS saying it's going to happen and BAM MS buys it then all the sudden Gears is trash again from the Cows.

#46 Posted by Animal-Mother (27006 posts) -

Yeah, the next gears is gonna be a rough one.

No place to go but the past. Cliffy B is gone. A lot has changed. Will it sell? Sure. But it's probably going to be all downhill from here on out unless they pull something out of left field.

#47 Edited by StormyJoe (5875 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The Helghast are wiped out at the end of every Killzone game (which plot is thinner than a B movie), but that doesn't stop Guerrilla from making new ones.. A lot CoD players don't even play the single player (which again, has a weak plot).

You just don't want any successful games on the XB1, because you are cow jelly.

#48 Edited by lostrib (40075 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

The Gears story was failry decent they delved into other characters back stories like with Dom and Baird.

Not to mention funny how Cows just a few months ago where screaming they are getting gears on PS saying it's going to happen and BAM MS buys it then all the sudden Gears is trash again from the Cows.

Didn't everyone hate Dom's story?

#49 Posted by StormyJoe (5875 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Not to mention funny how Cows just a few months ago where screaming they are getting Gears on PS saying it's going to happen and BAM MS buys it then all the sudden Gears is trash again from the Cows.

EXACTLY. Gears was a great franchise when there was the possiblility that it was coming to the PS4. Now, since MS owns the IP, it sucks.

Same with TitanFall. Cows went as far as to create petitions to have the game come to the PS4. Now that it is not, it's a crappy CoD rip off.

Cows gonna cow...

#50 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5812 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The Helghast are wiped out at the end of every Killzone game (which plot is thinner than a B movie), but that doesn't stop Guerrilla from making new ones.. A lot CoD players don't even play the single player (which again, has a weak plot).

You just don't want any successful games on the XB1, because you are cow jelly.

hahahha did u even read my 'franchises that need to die' thread? if u did u would know i want killzone to die because the series is awful. always has been and always will be so your ridiculous assumption of 'cow jelly' is laughable. if xbots truly want to play yet another shallow gears instead of the scrapped black tusk game fine suit yourself but dont expect everyone to praise a mediocre franchise like gears.

@lostrib said:

@me3x12 said:

Not to mention funny how Cows just a few months ago where screaming they are getting gears on PS saying it's going to happen and BAM MS buys it then all the sudden Gears is trash again from the Cows.

Didn't everyone hate Dom's story?

whats funny is u never even hear about doms wife in the first game but suddenly in the 2nd game he becomes all concerned haha u could see what was going to happen in the first 10 min of the game. and no me3x12 no one gave a shit about gears becoming multiplat not even lems, most just wanted to laugh at lems losing an exclusive