The most overrated game developer?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Ramirez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 -Ramirez-
Member since 2006 • 1459 Posts
IYO?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
How is Bungie overrated? They've released plenty of amazing games (Marathon, Myth, Oni, Halo).
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#3 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Rockstar. GTA SA got way more attention that it deserved
mylsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mylsd
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts
from those two choices I'd say Bioware, just cause I hated playing Kotor and I'm a huge Star Wars fan, otherwise I'd say Rockstar, unless GTA4 brings something new to the table they seem to be a one trick pony
Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Heith
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts
Why are Bioware and Bungie on there?  I'd say square enix, their last few FF games were horrible and sold and were reviewed based off brand name, 5 years ago I wouldn't say this.. but today, they are overrated big time...
SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
Bungie...only good game seems to be their halo franchise...
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
I say Digital Extremes, your new ips suck
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15986 Posts
Before I even clicked on this thread I guessed you'd say Bioware...fanboys are so predictable.
D1STURBED0NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 D1STURBED0NE
Member since 2006 • 288 Posts
EA, they release the same sports games every year, just with updated stats
bustos86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bustos86
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Bungie...only good game seems to be their halo franchise...SoulKillah

True. Only one good franchise. but the Winner of this pole is EA. 

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Insomniac. I find their games, though technically proficient, to be joyless affairs devoid of anything resembling fun. The only game I've ever played that might have felt as sterile and generic as Ratchet & Clank would be Resistance: Fall of Man.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow.
-Ramirez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Ramirez-
Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. Vyse_The_Daring
They created the worst Star Wars game ever made yet got tons of pity AAA scores and lots of pity awards. That's overrated.
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. -Ramirez-
They created the worst Star Wars game ever made yet got tons of pity AAA scores and lots of pity awards. That's overrated.

I've seen you post plenty of times so I know not to be bothered by you. But if a normal person had said that my brain might have blown up.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

Why are Bioware and Bungie on there? I'd say square enix, their last few FF games were horrible and sold and were reviewed based off brand name, 5 years ago I wouldn't say this.. but today, they are overrated big time...Heith

FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII were geat.

-Ramirez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Ramirez-
[QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. Vyse_The_Daring

I've seen you post plenty of times so I know not to be bothered by you. But if a normal person had said that my brain might have blown up.

I am an unbiased manticore and I only speak the facts. Deny the truth all you want.
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts

[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. -Ramirez-

I am an unbiased manticore and I only speak the facts. Deny the truth all you want.

I actually loved kotor...

Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. -Ramirez-

Ok. I don't know why so many people come here and try to get a rise out of others with joke comments, you're not yo-foo. And if you're serious, then you would actually make me laugh.
Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Maxis and EA, both for milkage.
Gaming4_Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gaming4_Life
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts
EA and R*
xboxdude333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xboxdude333
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
EA
-Ramirez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Ramirez-
[QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. Vyse_The_Daring

Ok. I don't know why so many people come here and try to get a rise out of others with joke comments, you're not yo-foo. And if you're serious, then you would actually make me laugh.

The only one who's laughing is me in pity at you, because you can't see the truth about what trash KOTOR is. Some day though, maybe you will become open minded and see KOTOR for the rubbish it was/is.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
Bungie isn't overrated and bioware is not overrated. It takes time and skill to make good games, not one game company in the world has released a no.1 straight off the bat. I mean if you seen some of the great companies first attempts at games you would laugh. I would say square-enix is alittle over-rated, they have tried new ips but without the skills from there final fantasy and dragon quest dev teams they other teams just lack direction, i mean look at kingdom hearts that had help from the two big dev teams at SE and it turned out great.
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
Rockstar. GTA SA got way more attention that it deservedBuryMe
i agree GTA based on technical merits is a terrible game...I think Square Enix is overrated
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Medjai
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. -Ramirez-

wtf are you talking about...you and other Sony boy are the only ppl on the planet with that opinion
TarmacChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TarmacChris
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. -Ramirez-

The only one who's laughing is me in pity at you, because you can't see the truth about what trash KOTOR is. Some day though, maybe you will become open minded and see KOTOR for the rubbish it was/is.

Pray you never meet any of the lemmings in real life. PRAY
SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

EAxboxdude333

I have to agree.

Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. -Ramirez-

See: Critical Acclaim. I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it in case some genius comes along and tries to agree with you. As for the sales aspect, I'm not going to waste my time looking for those figures: but Bioware is still making exclusives for MS consoles, so I guess they're doing just fine. Friday night=going out and not wasting any more time on you, enjoy arguing "bu bu but I'm teh manticore" while I'm not here.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts
Rare is the most overrated by far, people seem to think they still have the same team from the 64 days but they dont
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

Rockstar. And could you make the poll any more bias? You should have at least included 5 options...

Rare is the most overrated by far, people seem to think they still have the same team from the 64 days but they donttmgwarrior72

Play Viva Pinata, it's a fantastic game, and very much on par with most of the N64 successes. 

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
Squareenix. Their games had way more character, charm & substance in the ps1 days.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
Rare have been living off their glory days for far too long now
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 project343
The only one who's laughing is me in pity at you, because you can't see the truth about what trash KOTOR is. Some day though, maybe you will become open minded and see KOTOR for the rubbish it was/is.-Ramirez-
Do you do anything other then bash KOTOR on these boards? It's almost pathetic.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Wow a Ramirez thread that bashes Bioware and Bungie! Say it isn't so! Not predicatable at all!
D1STURBED0NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 D1STURBED0NE
Member since 2006 • 288 Posts

[QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="-Ramirez-"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]Anyone who votes Bioware should stop playing games. Even if you don't like them, if you can't think of another dev that is more overrated...wow. TarmacChris

Pray you never meet any of the lemmings in real life. PRAY

Dude he did the same thing last week when he left KOTOR off of his "greates Star Wars games" poll, he's just trying to troll. Best to ignore -Ramirez-.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 project343
Wow a Ramirez thread that bashes Bioware and Bungie! Say it isn't so! Not predicatable at all!DaysAirlines
-Ramirez- appears to be an attention seeker, based on what I've seen on him. I understand it's technically impossible to 'troll' in System Wars, but he somehow manages to do it. :?
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
Team Ninja. All the have done is make one DoA game after another and is going to remake all of the NG games. Where is teh new IPs
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Rockstar. GTA SA got way more attention that it deservedBuryMe
yet no other game last gen was anywhere near as big and even oblivion is smaller
lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts
Square nix or Kojima productions.  Square can't make a decent game outside of JRPG's and even they have been lackluster the past couple of years and Kojima productions because the MGS games never should enter a conversation about the best games ever.  MGS is a good series but doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the best.  Sony fans make him my most overated pick. 
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 imprezawrx500
EA, they release the same sports games every year, just with updated statsD1STURBED0NE
ea is not a developer, so is it EA Canada, ea montreal, EA Tiburon, criterion etc?
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 project343
Team Ninja. All the have done is make one DoA game after another and is going to remake all of the NG games. Where is teh new IPs kage_53
For a smaller company, it shouldn't surprise you that they only have 3 IPs. Not every company releases a new IP every year like Ubisoft.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
[QUOTE="D1STURBED0NE"]EA, they release the same sports games every year, just with updated statsimprezawrx500
ea is not a developer, so is it EA Canada, ea montreal, EA Tiburon, criterion etc?

The Criterion team owns. Burnout owned every racing game last gen.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 imprezawrx500
Maxis and EA, both for milkage.Guiltfeeder566
ubi milks just as much, just look at splinter cell double agent was just a rehash of ct same with thq with wwe and who says you have to buy madden every year, its only sport games than ea rehashes.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
How is Bungie overrated? They've released plenty of amazing games (Marathon, Myth, Oni, Halo).Stevo_the_gamer
Yeah, rampant Halo-bashers are so naive.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="D1STURBED0NE"]EA, they release the same sports games every year, just with updated statskage_53

The Criterion team owns. Burnout owned every racing game last gen,

exactly and everone forgets that it was when ea took over from aclaim than burnout became the awsome game it is the first two were nothing special
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Bungie...only good game seems to be their halo franchise...SoulKillah
:? Myth? Marathon? Halo? Oni? Ring any bells?
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Medjai
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]Rockstar. GTA SA got way more attention that it deservedimprezawrx500
yet no other game last gen was anywhere near as big and even oblivion is smaller

Oblivion could have been 8 times bigger if they like rockstar only include minimal AI code...in San Andre's the NPC's are mindless and only have simple responses to stimuli...In Oblivion every character is a unique person who actual carries out a daily routine and respond to your character like you are a real person...Oblivion world may be smaller but 100 times more rich and vibrant
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Medjai
[QUOTE="D1STURBED0NE"]EA, they release the same sports games every year, just with updated statsimprezawrx500

trivial semantics