The Most Insignificant System.

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Poll The Most Insignificant System. (228 votes)

PC 6%
PlayStation 4 23%
Wii U 29%
Xbox One 42%

What do you think is the most insignificant system that if it just disappeared (outside from simply supplying competition) would have the littlest impact and would be missed the least?

• 
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#152  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Xbox One. Doesn't seem to offer anything the PC or PS4 don't already offer.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@lostrib: I appreciate you deleting that last part. It's simply that I don't follow gaming tournaments and generally don't game on my PC.

To give you an idea, my PC can run the Left 4 Dead games and Star Trek Online without too much issue. I downloaded Dota2 as it was free and played it maybe 5 times.

My opinion is based on my needs or experiences.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

PC obviously. Have to wait for Rockstar to finish 4 console versions of GTA5 before they put it out on the hermit box.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@mr-powers said:

PC obviously. Have to wait for Rockstar to finish 4 console versions of GTA5 before they put it out on the hermit box.

Power is always so upset about pc for some reason. I think he wants a gaming rig, but can't build one for some reason.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

All Systems Are insignificant.... Its the game's that make each system Significant..... Otherwise we would all have PCs. :D

Yep...pretty much this. If we're going with the consoles, the WiiU crushes the Xbox One and PS4 in exclusives.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Ahh these votes are pretty accurate. Pretty nice poll you made Shielder.

Yup, shows Xbone is the most insignificant and I concur,

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

....Well, the Xbox One has more exclusives right now than the PS4...Even though the PS4 will get games later like LittleBigPlanet 3, Bloodborn, Uncharted 4 and whatever else. The majority of games can be played on Xbox One also. (3rd party and indies) The PS4 may be more powerful, but graphic are just graphics. Plus it's not a HUGE difference. What does it bring to the table, gaming wise, that the PS3 didn't? (The same could be said for the Xbox One)

IMO, neither one of them are very significant. I would not say that their insignificant though. Maybe it's good to own one for a few exclusives and some must have 3rd party and indie titles...But that's about it. Everything else the PS3 and 360 can do too.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

I have nothing against the Xbox One, but it is the only answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#161  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

....Well, the Xbox One has more exclusives right now than the PS4...

Thats actually FACTUALLY wrong especially after Dead Rising 3 and soon Ryse being on PC. If you still want to count games on the X1/PC vs PS4 then the PS4/PC games are more then the ones on X1/PC. Thats just misinformation on your part

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Looks like another round of death threats is headed for us, lol. Judging by that poll.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Shielder7 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Lagging behind? It's in 2nd place overall. Is it selling as well as the PS4 no. But the Xbox One is not outpacing it by much. Am I saying it will always be 2nd? No not at all. Is it right now? Yes it is. Does it have by far the best lineup of the 3 next-gen consoles? Yes it does, and it's not really close.

The Xbox One will be out selling it by years end.

Bold statement but I doubt it happens.

It's not bold in fact looking at the sales charts it's the opposite. Even with Mario Kart giving %200 increase it still couldn't top X1 sales. I'm going to be surprised if it doesn't over take the Wii U by years end.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Shielder7

@walloftruth said:

@mr-powers said:

Yeah there's just a tiny flaw in your post, the PC version has been in development since 2012 at least, so the X1/PS4 are PC ports.

That statement is contradicting. Do you know why Rockstar almost always puts things on the PC last or not at all i.e. (red dead) If you think real hard you'll get it.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: has more games than the ps4

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

As of this time and place, the PS4 is the most insignificant.

Xbone and Wii U have better upcoming lineups of interesting exclusives, and the PC is the PC which always wins.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@dommeus: I covered that in my original post though, lol. I'm no stranger to the tide turning in threads in SW, I've seen this 100x since 2005 with my posts. It doesn't change my post or message though as I prepared for this. I stated this as a huge possibility as well, lol. Posts can alter future posts. There is no surprise if you re-read my post. My initial point remains unaffected.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By SolidTy

@Vatusus said:

@pikachudude860 said:

....Well, the Xbox One has more exclusives right now than the PS4...

Thats actually FACTUALLY wrong especially after Dead Rising 3 and soon Ryse being on PC. If you still want to count games on the X1/PC vs PS4 then the PS4/PC games are more then the ones on X1/PC. Thats just misinformation on your part

Correct. The timed exclusives are once again taking affect on the Xbone "exclusive" games. This is no different than what we saw with Xbox and 360. That's not to mention Plants vs. Zombies, Peggle 2, etc.

I don't think posters are actually looking at the games library, because while both machines don't have a lot of games as they are so new (Nov 2013 launched), the PS4 has quite a bit more games over the Xbone (multiplats sure, but more games than the Xbone).

Exclusives are going to rain down once Sony's 1st party focuses on the PS4 over the PS3 which is starting to happen. Playstation 1st party also produces more games than Xbox. Xbox execs prefer to go with timed 3rd party exclusive deals over a huge 1st party output and every generation people forget about that until a few years go by and then they remember. Look at the PS3 1st party vs. 360 1st party, or PS2 1st Party vs. Xbox 1st Party. It's the same song and dance every generation, but with younger gamers that don't know gaming history or understand it until it's too late.

---

EDIT: This just in two days after my above post:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration?

Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

Spencer: "Yes, the deal has a duration." Another timed exclusive exposed for Xbox. In record time I might add!

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@bldgirsh said:

And yet you bought one.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#170  Edited By deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

PC and WiiUs are systems that are actually usuable as good gaming platforms.

PS4/Xbone are not.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By SolidTy

@kingjazziephiz said:

@SolidGame_basic: has more games than the ps4

Literally, the PS4 has more games than the Xbone. I own the Xbone, it's not a knock against the Xbone, it's just a fact. Lists and lists have been posted all over the internet and in SW, it's very easy to research if you want to know which machine has more games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@Heil68 said:

@bldgirsh said:

And yet you bought one.

Yes, so my opinion should hold merit.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Shielder7 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Lagging behind? It's in 2nd place overall. Is it selling as well as the PS4 no. But the Xbox One is not outpacing it by much. Am I saying it will always be 2nd? No not at all. Is it right now? Yes it is. Does it have by far the best lineup of the 3 next-gen consoles? Yes it does, and it's not really close.

It's not bold in fact looking at the sales charts it's the opposite. Even with Mario Kart giving %200 increase it still couldn't top X1 sales. I'm going to be surprised if it doesn't over take the Wii U by years end.

Yeah because $100 price drop for Xbox One had absolutely nothing to do with it's sales figures...

I'm one of the biggest Xbox supporters on this board. I think right now it's a better purchase than a PS4, but I'm not going to deny that it is dropping in sales numbers at an alarming rate.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Which is insignificant would depend completely on the individual. I would miss any of the ones in the poll in some fashion.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Shielder7

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Shielder7 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Yeah because $100 price drop for Xbox One had absolutely nothing to do with it's sales figures...

I'm one of the biggest Xbox supporters on this board. I think right now it's a better purchase than a PS4, but I'm not going to deny that it is dropping in sales numbers at an alarming rate.

Of course it did I never said it didn't. I'm not an Xbox one supporter dude by any stretch of the means and would personally pick a Wii U over an Xbox One. The price drop was in response to the PS 4 not the Wii U.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Shielder7

@pimphand_gamer said:

Which is insignificant would depend completely on the individual. I would miss any of the ones in the poll in some fashion.

So pick one....