The Mighty No. 9 Beta has Launched.

#1 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (26630 posts) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886214

I would link the Mighty Forums, but I think you have to be a "Becker" to look at them, but it's true. The Beta starts Today.

Expect many screenshots and videos now. Also Backers get Mighty Gunvolt, the Mighty No. 9 Crossover game from Azure Striker Gunvolt, for free too.

Here's some Screenshots.

Loading Video...

#2 Posted by TheEroica (14620 posts) -

So much excitement for this game. I hope Infune nails it.

#4 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26630 posts) -

@Gue1: This is a VERY unpolished version of the game.

Added Video of my awesome skills. (Playing with Mouse and Keyboard is hard.)

#5 Edited by OhSnapitz (18816 posts) -

Wow.. That's a REALLY bad play through. Perhaps a repost without so much.. suck.. would be better.

#6 Posted by Gamerno6666 (3691 posts) -

I really hate the 2.5 D style of this game. But as long as its fun, it won't bother me too much.

#7 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26630 posts) -

@OhSnapitz: Try playing with the Mouse and Keyboard set up. It's not great. I tried getting my Xbox controller to work, but it's no good. Plus no mappable Keyboard Controls is a downside. It's very rough to play.

#8 Posted by glez13 (9065 posts) -

I don't know it looks way too oldschool, way too antiquated. Hopefully that like absorb or whatever it is mechanic makes the gameplay evolve in later parts of the game.

#9 Edited by Jynxzor (9313 posts) -

Should have just went with a HD sprites instead of of 2.5D.

#10 Posted by darkspineslayer (20657 posts) -

I'll wait for the final on Vita or something. Still looks really rough.

I have faith in Inafune, particularly after playing Azure striker Gunvolt, but this has work to do yet.

#11 Posted by Zassimick (7394 posts) -

I'll consider picking it up on one of the consoles or on Vita. Really glad to see it's coming together for the fans who really want this game.

Some of the concept art looked just wonderful, and while the visuals are great I was hoping the game was going to take a hand-drawn approach similar to Dragon's Crown, or like the concept art! :P

#12 Posted by foxhound_fox (91184 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

looking like shit. Inafune really is an untalented fuck.

Must have missed the "beta version" disclaimer.

#13 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26998 posts) -

Well if the man wanted to make MM without capcom being jerks he sure is close to it. Cant wait to see a more polished version.

#14 Edited by superbuuman (3385 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

Well if the man wanted to make MM without capcom being jerks he sure is close to it. Cant wait to see a more polished version.

lol Capcom (these days) will probably try to sue him, if this becomes popular. :P

#15 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1810 posts) -

Not a fan of the artstyle.

#16 Edited by Maroxad (8980 posts) -

This game would have looked much better if it was 2D rather than 2.5D

#17 Posted by OhSnapitz (18816 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@OhSnapitz: Try playing with the Mouse and Keyboard set up. It's not great. I tried getting my Xbox controller to work, but it's no good. Plus no mappable Keyboard Controls is a downside. It's very rough to play.

Yea I guess that would be a bit difficult.

#18 Posted by FinalFighters (1992 posts) -

#NoVitaNoBuy

#19 Posted by Renevent42 (5828 posts) -

Looks pretty unremarkable tbh...and that dash mechanic?

#20 Posted by Pedro (21550 posts) -

Looks great. I don't quite understand the bitching and moaning. The game more or less like the concept that was present from the start so I don't know why so many are reacting as though this is something new. And for the folks who are trapped in the ancient times, this game would NOT look better in 2D. What are you smoking? 3d is infinitely scalable and can look great at resolution. The same cannot be said about the static archaic nature of 2D sprite base games and that's a fact.

#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19051 posts) -

2D game without co-op = Big No No !

#22 Edited by Maroxad (8980 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Looks great. I don't quite understand the bitching and moaning. The game more or less like the concept that was present from the start so I don't know why so many are reacting as though this is something new. And for the folks who are trapped in the ancient times, this game would NOT look better in 2D. What are you smoking? 3d is infinitely scalable and can look great at resolution. The same cannot be said about the static archaic nature of 2D sprite base games and that's a fact.

3D is much more scaleable yes, but 3D games tend to struggle a lot more with getting good art styles, which ultimately ages a lot better than higher resolutions do. I would take this,

Over the soulless art we saw in the gameplay footage. Now, there are 3D games that have great artstyles too, but Mighty Number 9 isnt one of them. The artstyle is hideous. So yes, sprite based graphics would be better for this game.

#23 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (19082 posts) -

So it's mega man....close enough to sue. Why doesn't capcom sue?

#24 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (19082 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

looking like shit. Inafune really is an untalented fuck.

You can't possibly mean that. Really, if he was untalented there wouldn't even be a game in existence to play. Stop and think for a minute...what good does a post like that do in this world? So negative and angry. Over a video game no less. You need to take that energy and put it somewhere more productive.

#25 Posted by SolidTy (46291 posts) -

I'm going to have fun with this one.

#26 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17575 posts) -

Mega man, what are you doing here ?

@Jynxzor said:

Should have just went with a HD sprites instead of of 2.5D.

agree, but I'm sure HD sprites are more expensive to make than the current graphics style.

#27 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16711 posts) -

That boss is generic as fuck. Inafune you can do a lot better than this.

#28 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

i'm still waiting to find out if you can steal abilities from bosses because just shooting pew pew megaman seems lame. It was the same reason why i liked the Zero games on the GBA a lot more than rocketman and megaman X. Even though the abilities from the bosses were lame, there was excitement and tension fighting bosses.