The MGSV HYPE Thread: REVIEWS ARE IN

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Roler42 (1019 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

seriously why the fu%k are people even hyped for this demo? it has been proven it can be completed in 20min so why waste your money on it. konami are going to bundle it in the special edition of phantom pain for $5 extra anyway.

I has been proven you can beat games like GTA V in 3 hours, by your logic, that is also a waste of money

#52 Posted by tonitorsi (8673 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@tonitorsi said:

@Young_Charter said:

@tonitorsi said:

It improves the mechanics of gameplay from MGS4 even further (which were already free of flaws), story and as well as voice acting has been refined, which is a very nice, new surprise.

Will get it once I get my Quad.

I'll get mines next week. I want a hard copy.

Provided one has a neat internet, digital eliminates bits of hassles here and there.

Gasoline being one, yo.

Recommended. lol

Amazon ? lol

Isn't up on PSN for download?

And son, SlayMazon can work too.

#53 Posted by Star650 (4595 posts) -

buying a PS4 tomorrow, so I'll be sure to buy this one along side AC4.

If MGS5: PP is planed for release in the summer I wouldn't bother buying this, but seeing as Phantom Pain won't be out till early 2015 I really can't hold myself not playing GZ.

Also gives me the time to get used to Snake's new voice, although I'm sure Hayter will have something to do in this game even something minor like end of credit kind of thing. Seeing as Phantom Pains events and timelines are getting close to the original MG game which is set in 1995.

#54 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

seriously why the fu%k are people even hyped for this demo? it has been proven it can be completed in 20min so why waste your money on it. konami are going to bundle it in the special edition of phantom pain for $5 extra anyway.

I has been proven you can beat games like GTA V in 3 hours, by your logic, that is also a waste of money

most games can be completed in 3 hours. every metal gear game has around 3 hours worth of pure game play if u dont count the cutscenes. big difference between 20min and 3 hours. and kojima said it himself, they are charging for a prologue. i dont want to support this nonsense because it sets a bad precedence but if someone wants to go right ahead. i was just curious as to why a prologue mission is receiving hype.

plus even if i do play this i just couldnt stand waiting 1+ year to play phantom pain

#55 Posted by kuu2 (8551 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786: You are going to upset the people that got conned into buying this.

complete waste of money, all this is going to do is encourage konami and other companies to charge us for demo. im a metal gear fan but i aint buying this sh%t. plus the reticle in this game are still those useless ones from peace walker FU^K KOJIMA!!

You must not have heard, 'it is not a demo'.

#56 Posted by Young_Charter (20030 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786: You are going to upset the people that got conned into buying this.

complete waste of money, all this is going to do is encourage konami and other companies to charge us for demo. im a metal gear fan but i aint buying this sh%t. plus the reticle in this game are still those useless ones from peace walker FU^K KOJIMA!!

You must not have heard, 'it is not a demo'.

I mean the reviews says it all. It's worth a rent at least.

#57 Posted by Young_Charter (20030 posts) -

@tonitorsi: Yeah it should be. How much is it ?

#58 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Superior on PS4 as usual too

Not according to MC.

#59 Posted by Ballroompirate (25082 posts) -

Beat it and I loved every min of it (took about an hour), now I'm working on other game modes/unlocking a few others. Phantom Pain needs to come out now.....playing GZ is like the biggest tease ever for mankind.

Also they need to make MGS 3 with their new fox engine....holy crap that would be amaaazing!!!.

#60 Posted by princeofshapeir (15884 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@princeofshapeir: Dang everyone keeps talking about that.

Watch it! It's amazing. I don't normally like anime, but this is the best modern anime I've seen. The manga is also great.

#61 Posted by hofuldig (5097 posts) -

i would give the game a 2 out of 10. its completely bland. all combat is simplified gunplay is simplified. no health kids or rations. regen health. this is not metal gear at all its a fucking 3rd person COD. i regret buying ground zeroes so badly though i am glad it was only $30. i hope it doesnt sell enough to warrant phantom pain being release. it is a blight on a once great game.

#62 Posted by Zidaneski (8570 posts) -

Gonna pass on this and wait till Phantom Pain. It'll probably either be added in to PP or heavily discounted. And I also have FFX and Infamous this week too.

#63 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (27948 posts) -

It's kind of strange that they would sell people a game that can be completed in 10 mins for $30.

#64 Edited by Young_Charter (20030 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

@Young_Charter said:

@princeofshapeir: Dang everyone keeps talking about that.

Watch it! It's amazing. I don't normally like anime, but this is the best modern anime I've seen. The manga is also great.

I'll take your word man. Thanks !

#65 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6936 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It's kind of strange that they would sell people a game that can be completed in 10 mins for $30.

Its kind of strange how unintelligent you are. The game is 2 hours long excluding the side missions. Overall, its an 8-10 hour game for $30. most games have sub-10 hour campaigns and are sold for $60.

MGSV: GZ is good value.

#66 Edited by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Does that mean there's only ten minutes of fun to be had?

#67 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (27948 posts) -

@Mordred19 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

no, but you get more content on Free to play games on Android and iPhone than you would on Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes.

#68 Posted by ConanTheStoner (10549 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Mordred19 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

no, but you get more content on Free to play games on Android and iPhone than you would on Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes.

You sure could. That doesn't take away from the game being awesome and having lots to do. I have about 12 hours on Ground Zeroes right now and I'm still wanting to get back to it. It's all I've been thinking about at work today.

Complaining that someone could beat the main mission in 10 minutes as a speed run doesn't really make any sense. I used to be able to beat Super Mario World in about that time frame, but it didn't take away from the game being excellent.

#69 Posted by ConanTheStoner (10549 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Its kind of strange how unintelligent you are. The game is 2 hours long excluding the side missions. Overall, its an 8-10 hour game for $30. most games have sub-10 hour campaigns and are sold for $60.

MGSV: GZ is good value.

And let me just add that the two hour mark for the main mission is just a typical 1st time play. This doesn't include finding the cassette tapes that add substantially to the story, finding the XOF patches that unlock another mission, finding all the extra weapons and items, freeing extra prisoners, etc... then you have rankings to unlock that allow you to start the mission with new gear available at the start and an extra difficulty mode. On top of all that, it's extremely replayable. I've beaten the Ground Zeroes mission 4 times now and each time has been a good deal different. Finally completed my 1st no alerts run on hard which was FUCKING AWESOME!

And then of course, you have the side missions with their own replayable factors (just found out you can extract the sniper pair instead of killing them btw).

I've already gotten my $30 worth and then some. And I'm still hooked too.

#70 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

So, there you go Sony fanboys. Have your crappy game.

where are you guys getting this from?

Why are people saying this all of the sudden?

#1 is not our game

#2 is not a crappy game, its pretty good for what it is a prologue to and epic game on its way, Phantom Pain.

#71 Posted by freedomfreak (47403 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@wolverine4262 said:

#1 is not our game

#2 is not a crappy game, its pretty good for what it is a prologue to and epic game on its way, Phantom Pain.

#72 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

Played Ground Zeroes today and beat the main "campaign" in an hour. Wow. That was short. I'll play it again to earn a better rank/ score and I'll also play the side missions, to get my money's worth. Now, I'm wondering whether I should buy inFamous: Second Son. I played the first inFamous and didn't find firing energy beams as gratifying as firing a gun, which was disappointing. I'm sure I'd have the same problem with Second Son.

#73 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@wolverine4262 said:

#1 is not our game

#74 Edited by Shewgenja (14494 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Mordred19 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

You sure could. That doesn't take away from the game being awesome and having lots to do. I have about 12 hours on Ground Zeroes right now and I'm still wanting to get back to it. It's all I've been thinking about at work today.

Complaining that someone could beat the main mission in 10 minutes as a speed run doesn't really make any sense. I used to be able to beat Super Mario World in about that time frame, but it didn't take away from the game being excellent.

I'm just going to leave this here, cuz I think a few people in this thread need a big frosty mug of STFU.

#75 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Mordred19 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Okay, which games? What mobile games do what GZ does plus more?