The latest excuse for poor Xbone performance is....

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

lol, getting testy are we

With gpu doing both compute workloads and rendering graphics affects its ability to provide its best any set area. When the the cpu is taxed they will move certain cpu workloads to the gpu then with the PS4 camera voice and facial recognition will also will be handled by the gpu most likely and if a game includes gpu realtime physics. Will allocate at least 3-4 hundred GFLOPS of compute power to do all those jobs. claiming doing compute in general without taking a hit in rendering performance is a lie, unless its only doing cpu based jobs.

I never claimed that x1 gpu is as good as PS4 gpu...... eltormento lol, your so delusional, the only thing I stated was the difference between memory types and speeds are basically draw in allowing the gpu's to render they way they need too..

Not at all just making fun of all the crap you claim that failed to materialize..

720p Ghost vs 1080p on PS4 is a huge blow to the xbox one,please point me at where this happen on PC,can the R290 that just arrive double the Titan or the 690 GTX resolution wise while keeping parity in frames.?

No that would be a devastating blow to Nvidia even more if the card was actually $100 cheaper.

You sound like many of the morons alter account who invented crap to downplay the PS4.

1-The PS4 camera is not mandatory.

There goes your whole is handle by the GPU crap.

2-You did claim the difference would be nothing,you did claim it and i debate it you have a poor memory,remember all the charts i posted,remember all the arguments you pull about how the ESRAM data was 4 times faster than GDDR5 on PS4.?

Come on dude you loss the argument be a man.

In terms of tessellation rate (4 triangle per cycle), FLOPS (2688 stream processors. 4.5 TFLOPS), ROPS (48 ROPS) and memory bandwidth (288 GB/s), Titan (GK110, 551 mm^2 GPU chip size) is in same class as R9-290/R9-290X (438 mm^2 GPU chip size).

I'm gaming at 5760x1080p (6,220,800 pixels) which is below the 4K (~8.2 million pixels) gaming limit.

5760x1080p = three 1920x1080p screens.

1280x720p = 921,600 pixels

1920x1080p = 2,073,600 pixels

The difference between 1280x720p and 1920x1080p is 1,152,000 pixels.

5760x1080p has 6,220,800 pixels. The gap between 1920x1080p and 5760x1080p is 4,147,200 pixels.

3rd party WideScreen Fixer tool is needed to force COD Ghost at 5760x1080p rez.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

In terms of tessellation rate (4 triangle per cycle), FLOPS (2688 stream processors. 4.5 TFLOPS), ROPS (48 ROPS) and memory bandwidth (288 GB/s), Titan (GK110, 551 mm^2 GPU chip size) is in same class as R9-290/R9-290X (438 mm^2 GPU chip size).

That not my point ron.

Is simple the R290 can't double the Titan or the 690 GTX in resolution while keeping parity in frames,the PS4 is doing that with the xbox one.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Oh Tormy,

Like @blackace said you revert to talking about Metacritic......

There is also Kinect Rivals, and Project Spark to go along with Titanfall. ISS better be good because the order aint launching anytime in the first half of 2014 and we might not see it till 2015.

I would say keep waiting (for games) to you Tormy but everyone on SW knows you don't actually own any of the consoles so you are the perfect definition of a troll.

You are the one saying xbox one games are better but then run scare when you face the horrible mixed scores Forza 5 got.. lol

There is also the Order and several other games that will not be on xbox one.

If Titanfall count as an exclusive for xbox one,so does Injustice Gods among us which is higher rated than Killer Instinct,and is not on xbox one,wait so does sound shapes,Flower,Warframe, and many other games which are not on xbox one.

The fact that you even name a Kinect game there show how shallow and crappy that xbox line is,all you got is Titanfall which is not exclusive and which i don't need and xbox one to play it,i can play it on my 360,and if graphics is your excuse to not get the 360 version,get it on PC.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@tormentos said:
@NFJSupreme said:

name me one graphically demanding game on either the PS3 or 360 that runs at native 1080p

Halo 3= 640p Then after getting to really understand the console and all it's ins and outs and mastering how to code for it Halo 4 makes a MASSIVE jump to...720p /sarcasm

Som other games

Uncharted 3 = 720p

God of War 3 = 720p

Gears of War 3 = 720p

Killzone 2 1080i if I recall (didn't google this one) which is impressive for an early PS3 game right? Then after years of mastering that tricky cell processor and getting that optimization going Killzone 3...720p. Wait what?

Then there is The Last Of Us. The graphical pinnacle of the last console generation. That showed the power of teh allmighty cell. Nawty Gods, the masters of console optimization, decided to flex their muscle and show us what they can do with console optimization. Achieving a ground breaking 720p and 30fps...bu bu but optimization right?

All these games are at 30fps btw which didn't change through the entire generation of these cosoles.

Only games you will find running at native 1080p on the PS360 are sports games which aren't graphically intensive and other none graphically intensive kid and puzzle games. Basically games that don't push the hardware.

But all the pretty graphically intense highly OPTIMIZED (since y'all love that word) games that you guys like to come in here to talk graphics wars and brag about are all at native 720p on the previous gens consoles. Again I will repeat because you guys seem to not understand, optimization does not drastically improve performance. It will however improve graphical fidelity over time. To render a better looking image on the screen. But if a console is struggling to do 1080 at 60fps at launch don't expect this to magically change over time with optimization. Unless there is an underlying reason for this like driver issues or crappy porting, these performance benchmarks require real horse power to achieve. Optimization isn't adding horse power its taking advantage of what is there to get the best results possible. A lot of optimization are artistic touches. People forget that good devs just aren't good programmers but good artists as well. Also a lot of it is downgrading the game by lowering resolution, lowering textures, to get that perfect sweat spot of a nice rendered image without killing performance. This is what optimization does guys. It doesn't mean that because is AC4 is at 720p at 30fps at launch we can expect it to be 1080p and 60fps three years from now. That has never happened in the history of gaming. If someone can give me an example of a graphically demanding franchise like that making such a huge jump in performance on console I will admit ownage.

Killzone 2 is 720p native.

Trying to run TLOU on the 7800GTX would melt it.

Fact is Crysis 3 runs consoles you can't run it on the 7800 GTX.

Hey we can play the latest game on consoles,regardless of how much power they require to run on PC,Skyrim,Crysis 3,NFS can you say the same about the 7870 7 years from now.?

Hell stop playing the hypocrite all that sh** apply to PC,in fact the majority of PC out there can't play at PS4 graphics level this is a FACT not my opinion,wait when you can't hit 60FPS on ultra on your GPU what do you do.?

Oh wait go high instead of ultra turn off AA or lower resolution this is the standard way to get more frames on PC period,so PC is not the mighty unlimited power platform you want to portrait..

i feel like you are arguing with me just for the sake of arguing with me. None of what you just said has anything to do with what I said. Optimization does not drastically improve performance. What you are talking about is the difference between a single GPU and a closed system with a custome atypical design. It's apples and oranges and I NEVER made the comparison. It's stupid. The 7800 as I said before is being assisted by the cell processor which is in fact doing most of the heavy lifting. So yeah a 7800 unassisted by the cell processor can't compete with a 7800 carried by the cell processor. How does this change the fact that optimization is not going to drastically boost the performance either?

What is funny about you, and why I know you are just a troll, is that I'm actually agreeing with you. I'm saying that the PS4 will out perform the Xbone from now till eternity. No matter what the lems think about future optimization advancements. Games will continue to look better but they will continue to be 720p and 60fps or 900p 30fps tops on the big budget graphically intensive games. Isn't this the same thing you are saying? Are you really that desperate to win an argument against me that you are arguing with me even when I agree with you?

also just so you know I only upgrade my GPU when ultra becomes such a drastic difference from the lower settings that I'm really missing out by not playing on ultra. So if all of sudden every new game can only be ran on medium (which would still be higher than console settings btw) then yeah it's time for me to upgrade (for others they still don't have to if they don't want to). This isn't the case now and wont be for a while. My overclocked 7950 (i.e. it's basically a 7970) maxes out every game now at 50 to 60fps at 1080p. Most recent game i've tried on it is BF4 and it handles that perfectly (when the game desides to cooperate of course). Ultra settings. Everything turned up. 1080p. 60fps with the occasional drops to 50 just like on PS4 but at 1080p and max settings. This is before mantle. Which will improve performance by about 20% (typically what console optimization does by the way). Which honestly will result in what 10 to 12 more FPS? Whoopty doo. Especially when you are already at 60. On a console that extra performance would just be used to add more assets and get a better looking image. Since on PC you already have all the assets anyway you will just be running faster. That is the MASSIVE gains of optimization. /sarcasm

Also 7 years from now the 7870 will still compete with the PS4. I think the PS4 is actually slightly better than a 7870 because it's 7870 is in a closed system that will be pushed to it's limits. Whatever power difference a 7870 has over the PS4 isn't big enough to ignore optimization. Optimization does allow consoles to outperform similar hardware on PC. I have never denied this and if you knew my post history you'd know I've said this time and time again. But if you jump up to a 7950/70 and it's newer rebranded cousins optimization will never let the PS4 outperform these cards and future more powerful cards because the difference is too big. Just like optimization will never let the xbone outperform the PS4 because the difference is to big. Basically optimization is drastically overstated by consolites. It's got lems thinking the xbone will be able to match the performance of the PS4 down the road. I find it laughable and since I'm anti-fanboy not anti console, i'm checking lems on this because they are being very delusional right now.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ronvalencia

@04dcarraher said:

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

@b4il said:
@NFJSupreme said:

I read that and chuckled. Unless a device just completely drops the ball the ps4 will always outperform the xbone from now till eternity just like my pc will always outperform both consoles. Optimization isn't magic. I swear consolites should have never learned that buzz word. They think it's some type of magic wand that can squeeze water from a rock.

xbox 360 launch:

w years later:

optimization can help...

Major problem is that the 360 launch titles only used one core and were not heavily shader based to use the gpu's abilities. This time around these consoles are pretty much being fully used and optimization will only allow so much improvement. Do not expect later released titles vs non cross generation launch titles to be vastly better .

The PS4 is heavily modify for compute something that will not kick in 2 or 3 years from now.

Even on xbox one some improvements will be seen,regardless of power games need time,and launch games are always rush.

You think compute is going to change graphical abilities of a 1.84 TFLOP gpu?

lol, you are living in the dream world if you think the compute properties is going to enhance or increase rendering abilities for the gpu that is limited to 1.84 TFLOP. While the PS4 gpu may have a abundance of ACE's to spread the compute workloads more evenly and efficiently. Those extra workloads do take away processing reserves that could be used for graphical rendering. Those compute abilities will be used for physics, fluid simulations, and offloading certain cpu jobs.

The X1 is in a worse position then the PS4 because it does have a weaker gpu. As I said the leap in graphics from early true games(not cross generation games) to later games for these console will not be anywhere like it was with 360 and PS3 because of the fact that software is already mature enough to take advantage of the majority of these consoles abilities from the get go unlike the 360 or PS3.

FYI, from http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidias-upcoming-gk110-gpu-with-hyper-q-to-more-than-double-hpc-performance_13946

NVIDIA Kepler GK110 also has multiple ACE like units. Don't undersell GK110. IF 780 (cheapest GK110) has $399 USD cost, it would be on my purchase list.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

That not my point ron.

Is simple the R290 can't double the Titan or the 690 GTX in resolution while keeping parity in frames,the PS4 is doing that with the xbox one.

It's a bad example since both Hawaii and GK110 trades blows.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#107  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

all XBone games will be 480p in 3-4 years time

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

No is not.

Trading blows is not the same as bee out done by double the resolution.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Oh Tormy,

Like @blackace said you revert to talking about Metacritic......

There is also Kinect Rivals, and Project Spark to go along with Titanfall. ISS better be good because the order aint launching anytime in the first half of 2014 and we might not see it till 2015.

I would say keep waiting (for games) to you Tormy but everyone on SW knows you don't actually own any of the consoles so you are the perfect definition of a troll.

You are the one saying xbox one games are better but then run scare when you face the horrible mixed scores Forza 5 got.. lol

There is also the Order and several other games that will not be on xbox one.

If Titanfall count as an exclusive for xbox one,so does Injustice Gods among us which is higher rated than Killer Instinct,and is not on xbox one,wait so does sound shapes,Flower,Warframe, and many other games which are not on xbox one.

The fact that you even name a Kinect game there show how shallow and crappy that xbox line is,all you got is Titanfall which is not exclusive and which i don't need and xbox one to play it,i can play it on my 360,and if graphics is your excuse to not get the 360 version,get it on PC.

More Metacritic, man you are predictable.

Who is saying Titanfall is exclusive????? It is simply not on the WobbleS4, which means in the media for Joe public this is all that matters.

Knowing that you will never own a WobbleS4 or The One you will have no idea how good Kinect has become. Rivals will be a solid AAe game when launched and a great family game but keep thinking that gaming is only for basement loners that eat pizza and live with their mammies. To the real world gamers have grown up and have families now, and are looking to be able to share gaming experiences with them. Project Spark will be a AAAe game as well. Throw in Titanfall AAA and you are looking at a great list of games in the next 4 months.

Meanwhile Sony will have....................ISS in the same time frame. Hopefully it is a good game but an open world fog covered game is not my idea of next gen.

Meanwhile back on topic and Sony Fan still can't handle not having the best looking games.

Ryse GK for all platforms.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

No is not.

Trading blows is not the same as bee out done by double the resolution.

You can't use GK110 vs Hawaii example for Xbox One vs PS4. Xbox One has slightly lesser GPU class than PS4's GPU.

The only debate for X1 and PS4 is the gap between the two boxes with PS4 on top.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 tormentos
@NFJSupreme said:

i feel like you are arguing with me just for the sake of arguing with me. None of what you just said has anything to do with what I said. Optimization does not drastically improve performance. What you are talking about is the difference between a single GPU and a closed system with a custome atypical design. It's apples and oranges and I NEVER made the comparison. It's stupid. The 7800 as I said before is being assisted by the cell processor which is in fact doing most of the heavy lifting. So yeah a 7800 unassisted by the cell processor can't compete with a 7800 carried by the cell processor. How does this change the fact that optimization is not going to drastically boost the performance either?

What is funny about you, and why I know you are just a troll, is that I'm actually agreeing with you. I'm saying that the PS4 will out perform the Xbone from now till eternity. No matter what the lems think about future optimization advancements. Games will continue to look better but they will continue to be 720p and 60fps or 900p 30fps tops on the big budget graphically intensive games. Isn't this the same thing you are saying? Are you really that desperate to win an argument against me that you are arguing with me even when I agree with you?

also just so you know I only upgrade my GPU when ultra becomes such a drastic difference from the lower settings that I'm really missing out by not playing on ultra. So if all of sudden every new game can only be ran on medium (which would still be higher than console settings btw) then yeah it's time for me to upgrade (for others they still don't have to if they don't want to). This isn't the case now and wont be for a while. My overclocked 7950 (i.e. it's basically a 7970) maxes out every game now at 50 to 60fps at 1080p. Most recent game i've tried on it is BF4 and it handles that perfectly (when the game desides to cooperate of course). Ultra settings. Everything turned up. 1080p. 60fps with the occasional drops to 50 just like on PS4 but at 1080p and max settings. This is before mantle. Which will improve performance by about 20% (typically what console optimization does by the way). Which honestly will result in what 10 to 12 more FPS? Whoopty doo. Especially when you are already at 60. On a console that extra performance would just be used to add more assets and get a better looking image. Since on PC you already have all the assets anyway you will just be running faster. That is the MASSIVE gains of optimization. /sarcasm

Also 7 years from now the 7870 will still compete with the PS4. I think the PS4 is actually slightly better than a 7870 because it's 7870 is in a closed system that will be pushed to it's limits. Whatever power difference a 7870 has over the PS4 isn't big enough to ignore optimization. Optimization does allow consoles to outperform similar hardware on PC. I have never denied this and if you knew my post history you'd know I've said this time and time again. But if you jump up to a 7950/70 and it's newer rebranded cousins optimization will never let the PS4 outperform these cards and future more powerful cards because the difference is too big. Just like optimization will never let the xbone outperform the PS4 because the difference is to big. Basically optimization is drastically overstated by consolites. It's got lems thinking the xbone will be able to match the performance of the PS4 down the road. I find it laughable and since I'm anti-fanboy not anti console, i'm checking lems on this because they are being very delusional right now.

No dude Cell helped the RSX from there to doing all the heavily lifting is a joke,there were tons of things Cell could not do,that need to be done by the GPU like rendering.

Optimization is not magic that will boost performance 100%,but it will help get MOST of the hardware you have,on 360 is was far more difficult even that the xbox 360 was easier to code,for that same reason Direct X get in the way,on PS3 it took more work but final results were better.

The fact that you say that you only upgrade when ultra vs lower setting pretty much confirm my points,since the argument here is better visuals,in this case PC vs consoles nothing but the very best count,why would i want to have a PC for graphics vs a PS4 to use a 570GTX or a 7950.

You can't max out BF4 on those hardware and get 60 FPS i think even on 1080p,and since the argument is graphics,you still are behind the curve,yeah you have something a little better than me,but another one has something way better than you.

This is why PC gaming is useless,always something new,and always some one will have something better than you,unless you constantly upgrade which you claim not to do see...

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@tormentos said:
@NFJSupreme said:

No dude Cell helped the RSX from there to doing all the heavily lifting is a joke,there were tons of things Cell could not do,that need to be done by the GPU like rendering.

Optimization is not magic that will boost performance 100%,but it will help get MOST of the hardware you have,on 360 is was far more difficult even that the xbox 360 was easier to code,for that same reason Direct X get in the way,on PS3 it took more work but final results were better.

The fact that you say that you only upgrade when ultra vs lower setting pretty much confirm my points,since the argument here is better visuals,in this case PC vs consoles nothing but the very best count,why would i want to have a PC for graphics vs a PS4 to use a 570GTX or a 7950.

You can't max out BF4 on those hardware and get 60 FPS i think even on 1080p,and since the argument is graphics,you still are behind the curve,yeah you have something a little better than me,but another one has something way better than you.

This is why PC gaming is useless,always something new,and always some one will have something better than you,unless you constantly upgrade which you claim not to do see...

did you just put the 570 on par with a 7950? ok im done. you dont know what you are talking about. And dude i get the exact same frame rates the PS4 gets on BF4 on my card. Difference is it's max settings and 1080p. Fact. Why? Because I'm playing the game right now. Don't talk benchmarks and capability if you don't have a rig.

Anyway if you want to make this console vs PC, i'm not going to participate. You have your reasons for only liking consoles. I have my reasons for liking PC (and consoles as well btw). This thread isn't about discussing personal tastes and I like to stay on topic. We are talking about performance difference between xbone and ps4. If you want to butt heads with me about console vs pc and the advantages and disadvantages of both feel free to meet me in another thread.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

You know lem scum are desperate when they play the Ryse card.

Best looking game u guyz!!! :x

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Who is saying Titanfall is exclusive????? It is simply not on the WobbleS4, which means in the media for Joe public this is all that matters.

Knowing that you will never own a WobbleS4 or The One you will have no idea how good Kinect has become. Rivals will be a solid AAe game when launched and a great family game but keep thinking that gaming is only for basement loners that eat pizza and live with their mammies. To the real world gamers have grown up and have families now, and are looking to be able to share gaming experiences with them. Project Spark will be a AAAe game as well. Throw in Titanfall AAA and you are looking at a great list of games in the next 4 months.

Meanwhile Sony will have....................ISS in the same time frame. Hopefully it is a good game but an open world fog covered game is not my idea of next gen.

Meanwhile back on topic and Sony Fan still can't handle not having the best looking games.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Lemmings: The xbox one has better games than the PS4.

Tormentos: List of launch games with scores from the most trusted site for reviews showing how pathetic launch xbox one games are,and all of the sudden score are meaning less and only lemming opinions is what matter..

hahaha...

Yeah Injustice is not on xbox one,Flower,Sound Shapes,Warframe,Warthunder,Tryne 2,super motherload,blakclight..

Trine 2 is rated 87% that is way higher than any xbox one exclusive including Forza,Flower even more is at 95% now.

So while you try to keep balance on the balancing rope defending Titanfall as something that counts,you are falling and failing badly because you refuse to admit all the games that are on PS4 but not on xbox one as valid.

Sound Shapes even has a 9 score here.

Yeah just like i never owned a PS3 and 360 right .?

Kinect.?

http://www.gamerankings.com/xboxone/727970-fighter-within/index.html

Yeah has become so greaaaat..

Not only you count crappy xbox games,but you also forget PS4 exclusives on purpose how sad is that,so the only game coming to PS4 is Iss.? So Drive Club was cancel then...lol

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Lemmings: The xbox one has better games than the PS4.

Tormentos: List of launch games with scores from the most trusted site for reviews showing how pathetic launch xbox one games are,and all of the sudden score are meaning less and only lemming opinions is what matter..

hahaha...

Yeah Injustice is not on xbox one,Flower,Sound Shapes,Warframe,Warthunder,Tryne 2,super motherload,blakclight..

Trine 2 is rated 87% that is way higher than any xbox one exclusive including Forza,Flower even more is at 95% now.

So while you try to keep balance on the balancing rope defending Titanfall as something that counts,you are falling and failing badly because you refuse to admit all the games that are on PS4 but not on xbox one as valid.

Sound Shapes even has a 9 score here.

Yeah just like i never owned a PS3 and 360 right .?

Kinect.?

http://www.gamerankings.com/xboxone/727970-fighter-within/index.html

Yeah has become so greaaaat..

Not only you count crappy xbox games,but you also forget PS4 exclusives on purpose how sad is that,so the only game coming to PS4 is Iss.? So Drive Club was cancel then...lol

All of a sudden its ok to compare indie multiplats against Xbox One exclusives.

and then show the worst Kinect game as an example of how poor Kinect is. Come on even you know Kinect is better than that. Kinect Sports rivals preseason is a good start to showing how well it works. Even Just Dance 6 players all moving round the room shows it better.

Stop over playing indie games, great to see them and Xbox One will have theirs in 2014. But as they where not valid on Xbox 360 they cant be suddenly important on the PS4.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

lol, getting testy are we

With gpu doing both compute workloads and rendering graphics affects its ability to provide its best any set area. When the the cpu is taxed they will move certain cpu workloads to the gpu then with the PS4 camera voice and facial recognition will also will be handled by the gpu most likely and if a game includes gpu realtime physics. Will allocate at least 3-4 hundred GFLOPS of compute power to do all those jobs. claiming doing compute in general without taking a hit in rendering performance is a lie, unless its only doing cpu based jobs.

I never claimed that x1 gpu is as good as PS4 gpu...... eltormento lol, your so delusional, the only thing I stated was the difference between memory types and speeds are basically draw in allowing the gpu's to render they way they need too..

Not at all just making fun of all the crap you claim that failed to materialize..

720p Ghost vs 1080p on PS4 is a huge blow to the xbox one,please point me at where this happen on PC,can the R290 that just arrive double the Titan or the 690 GTX resolution wise while keeping parity in frames.?

No that would be a devastating blow to Nvidia even more if the card was actually $100 cheaper.

You sound like many of the morons alter account who invented crap to downplay the PS4.

1-The PS4 camera is not mandatory.

There goes your whole is handle by the GPU crap.

2-You did claim the difference would be nothing,you did claim it and i debate it you have a poor memory,remember all the charts i posted,remember all the arguments you pull about how the ESRAM data was 4 times faster than GDDR5 on PS4.?

Come on dude you loss the argument be a man.

Making fun of the facts? you should be looking at your claims and laugh at those. They scream Sony fanboyism

Why are you going on about the X1 vs PS4 who gives a crap both are mediocre in the grand scheme of things one more so then the other..... Using Ghosts as an example is poor, why not use BF4 or Assassin Creed 4 where the differences that show the 30% difference between the two gpu's, 720 vs 900p & 900p vs 1080. Ghosts coding was just awful in general.

huh? The R290 series was an quick answer to compete with the titan and GTX 770/780 series. They use the previous series as a base line for each refresh.Just because a company releases a new line of hardware does not mean you will automatically see double the results vs the competition. Now Nvidia and AMD's next line of gpu's based on 20nm will see 2x the performance per watt.

Whats funny is that the creation of the games have to still abide to the resources needed for allocation of the PS4 camera it does not matter if you dont use one or not the developers have to assume you have one connected. Just like they have to abide to the limits of use for the PS4 OS and features with using 6 cores and 4.5 gb of memory since the other cores and memory is allocated.

You have selective memory dont you El tormentos..... The DDR3+ESRAM isnt the issue we already know the X1's gpu is around 30% slower and it shows with BF4 and AC4. ESRAM does read and writer data 4x faster then GDDR5 and in some areas you do see the differences in certain workloads. Its funny that you suggest claims that people make that totally off context ans twist things to push the Sony PR.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By tormentos

@04dcarraher said:

Making fun of the facts? you should be looking at your claims and laugh at those. They scream Sony fanboyism

Why are you going on about the X1 vs PS4 who gives a crap both are mediocre in the grand scheme of things one more so then the other..... Using Ghosts as an example is poor, why not use BF4 or Assassin Creed 4 where the differences that show the 30% difference between the two gpu's, 720 vs 900p & 900p vs 1080. Ghosts coding was just awful in general.

huh? The R290 series was an quick answer to compete with the titan and GTX 770/780 series. They use the previous series as a base line for each refresh.Just because a company releases a new line of hardware does not mean you will automatically see double the results vs the competition. Now Nvidia and AMD's next line of gpu's based on 20nm will see 2x the performance per watt.

Whats funny is that the creation of the games have to still abide to the resources needed for allocation of the PS4 camera it does not matter if you dont use one or not the developers have to assume you have one connected. Just like they have to abide to the limits of use for the PS4 OS and features with using 6 cores and 4.5 gb of memory since the other cores and memory is allocated.

You have selective memory dont you El tormentos..... The DDR3+ESRAM isnt the issue we already know the X1's gpu is around 30% slower and it shows with BF4 and AC4. ESRAM does read and writer data 4x faster then GDDR5 and in some areas you do see the differences in certain workloads. Its funny that you suggest claims that people make that totally off context ans twist things to push the Sony PR.

This comes from one of the worse PS4 haters here it most be the fact that you still hurt because the PS4 is stronger than your sorry ass 560TI..hahaha

Oh wait i forgot you are part of steams stats,so you flame the PS4 constantly,and hype how superior PC is,when you your self own a 560Ti actually inferior to the PS4,and one GPU that wasn't top of the line even when it came out.

hahaha...

Ok BF4 is 900p on PS4 50% lower pixel on xbox one 720p while the PS4 has a consistent 10 FPS lead on the xbox one version.

Performance per watt mean sh** when the actual result is AMD has a cheaper faster GPU,see this is the kind of crap that make you hermit look hypocrite.

No..

In fact link me to were is say that the PS4 reserves GPU resources for the PS4 camera,because i can prety easy link you to those requirements on xbox one,the PS4 has no mandatory snap feature,Metro like accelerated UI or camera that is always present always listening.

The current system reservation on PS4 is not indicative of the final OS size,case in point the PS3 started using 128 MB,and ended using just 50MB,that drop is huge,Sony is playing it safe which is different to have 3 GB reserve because you have 3 freaking OS.

Funny enough the cries about ESRAM been the problem can be hear on the moon after the unit came out.

BF4 not only has 50% more pixel on PS4,it also has 10 FPS advantage over the xbox one version,funny you some how miss that.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#118 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I didn't say it was the best looking (although it is), However, digital foundry, ign, eurogamer, gametrailers, tech gamers and Adam Sassler (even through he hates the gameplay) ALL said Ryse is by far the best visually looking game on any console.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By 04dcarraher

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

@04dcarraher said:

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

This comes from one of the worse PS4 haters here it most be the fact that you still hurt because the PS4 is stronger than your sorry ass 560TI..hahaha

Oh wait i forgot you are part of steams stats,so you flame the PS4 constantly,and hype how superior PC is,when you your self own a 560Ti actually inferior to the PS4,and one GPU that wasn't top of the line even when it came out.

hahaha...

Ok BF4 is 900p on PS4 50% lower pixel on xbox one 720p while the PS4 has a consistent 10 FPS lead on the xbox one version.

Performance per watt mean sh** when the actual result is AMD has a cheaper faster GPU,see this is the kind of crap that make you hermit look hypocrite.

No..

In fact link me to were is say that the PS4 reserves GPU resources for the PS4 camera,because i can prety easy link you to those requirements on xbox one,the PS4 has no mandatory snap feature,Metro like accelerated UI or camera that is always present always listening.

The current system reservation on PS4 is not indicative of the final OS size,case in point the PS3 started using 128 MB,and ended using just 50MB,that drop is huge,Sony is playing it safe which is different to have 3 GB reserve because you have 3 freaking OS.

Funny enough the cries about ESRAM been the problem can be hear on the moon after the unit came out.

BF4 not only has 50% more pixel on PS4,it also has 10 FPS advantage over the xbox one version,funny you some how miss that.

What is funny is that you think im a PS4 hater since i attack your bias PS4 posts and add some truth to your Sony PR.

Yeah right..... only desperate consoler's use the steam stats hyperbole to prove points and the fact that you still believe im still using a GTX 560ti as an attack lol. Whats sad is that 2 1/2 year old gpu is faster then X1 gpu and only 25% on average slower then the PS4 gpu.....

You really are showing how ignorant you are stating that performance per watt means nothing and that AMD has cheaper faster gpu's.... that's only because they take a loss in profit to sell them to compete with Nvidia.

You think PS4 camera isnt going to allocation gpu cycles for voice and facial recognition.... the fact is kinect reserves X1's gpu cycles to process data. PS4 is in the same boat with cpu allocation of two cores for OS and features. Voice with Facial processing needs a good chuck of processing to be viable for real time usage.

Lets not forget your 7gb claim for games with the PS4, Keep on dreaming that Sony are going to shrink the OS allocation by any major amounts. The PS4 is a much more complicated system and that has a crap load of features and abilities that are on standby and or run all the time in the background. Everything is preloaded into memory to speed things up. They are not hurting for memory like they were with the PS3 with only 256mb for system use.

we all know its weaker then PS4 and the ESRAM is patch for the memory bus for the DDR3.

With 900p it is only a 36% increase over 720p in pixel rendering, The fact that X1 is using DDR3 and the gpu has half the ROPS and has 30% less processing power of the PS4 gpu is able to stay within 60 fps average is nothing really to bash about but be in amazement that they were able to pull it off.. Showing PS4 has the superior gpu is a moot point since everyone knows that it is however while the PlayStation 4 leads the single-player campaign, the gap seems to close in multiplayer, where both platforms seem to have genuine issues sustaining 60fps.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@remiks00 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

"People keep forgetting that all these early games where done on old XB1 devkits." - @blackace

LMAO.

So the hardware is gonna keep changing despite the fact that it's pretty much standard 1.23 TFLOPS GPU, 10% reserved for Kinect, OS eating huge chunks, DDR3 RAM, shitty ESRAM.

Are lems seriously saying this now? We went from "Xbone is more powerful due to ESRAM" to "no noticable differences, you'll see" to "They all got old dev kits, wait for the new tech"

REALLY?

*eats popcorn*

lol, I read that dumb ass post he submitted last night. I chose to ignore it, just like many of his useless fanboy drivel. Manticore my ass.

@blackace is the worst manticore of all time lol dude is a straight up lemming

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Douevenlift_bro
@xboxiphoneps3 said:

Xbox one is just not powerful rofl... 1.2 tflop GCN gpu which is capable, but 10% reserve for Kinect 2, slow DDR3 ram.. Esram only being 32mb of it and it being a whole cluster **** design... sony has won by far here with its minimalistic and simple approach yet more powerful in every way over the One

Indeed. Weak console is weak

@blackace and lems just enjoy your Halo and CoD at 720 mmk? Good.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Have you played it? Or are you just talking out of your ass? I'm actually playing it and it doesn't look anywhere near that bad. It looks great in fact and I'm enjoying the game. It's not the best game but it is entertaining and that's all that really matters.

It's pretty stupid to comment on something you clearly haven't played and have no intent on doing so.

Cows...the joke of SWs....truer words were never spoken

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GrenadeLauncher

@kingtito said:

Have you played it? Or are you just talking out of your ass? I'm actually playing it and it doesn't look anywhere near that bad. It looks great in fact and I'm enjoying the game. It's not the best game but it is entertaining and that's all that really matters.

It's pretty stupid to comment on something you clearly haven't played and have no intent on doing so.

"Have you played Ryse?" is the new "Have you seen Titanfall?": a cry of reassurance during the darkest days lems have ever seen.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kingtito

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kingtito said:

"Have you played Ryse?" is the new "Have you seen Titanfall?": a cry of reassurance during the darkest days lems have ever seen.

I'll take that as a no. You may continue to talk out of your ass

Cows....the joke of SWs

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GrenadeLauncher

@kingtito said:

Cows....the joke of SWs

Sorry your game sucked, Cevat, but that's no reason to take it out on people with any discernment when it comes to vidya.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kingtito

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kingtito said:

Cows....the joke of SWs

Sorry your game sucked, Cevat, but that's no reason to take it out on people with any discernment when it comes to vidya.

What game is my game dumbass? You just continue to talk out of your ass and you still won't answer my question.

Cows...the joke of SWs

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

@tormentos said:

Luckily he has a GTX 760 at 1.2ghz+ so I can finally stop hearing about his 560ti (I swear I've seen 5+ threads where all you do is talk about his 560ti),

Good luck talking down a 760 at over 1.2ghz

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Douevenlift_bro

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kingtito said:

LMAO Owned.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#130 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

So far, the xbone is the best next gen console in terms of games and upcoming games that I have seen. We actually, the Wiiu is. I have no doubt PS4 will catch right up.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#131  Edited By SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Holy ****, cows forget about last gen so fast. Those are definitely quotes from last gen when 99% of multiplat games were worse or outright sucked on PS3.

Amazing how Microsoft can make TC's blood boil with a piece of plastic. Either that or him trying to make Skyrim or Bayonetta work on his PS3.

Now it's lemmings defending the Xbone inferior multiplatform! I love it when Lemmings flipflop.

Now I know why Lemmings are called Lemmings; they would blindly jump off the cliff and defend Microsoft without any rational thought.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

you cows lurk the neogaf thread why not post it's screenshots?

the game looks nice, but it's ridiculously inconsistent

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By tormentos

@04dcarraher said:

@04dcarraher said:

What is funny is that you think im a PS4 hater since i attack your bias PS4 posts and add some truth to your Sony PR.

Yeah right..... only desperate consoler's use the steam stats hyperbole to prove points and the fact that you still believe im still using a GTX 560ti as an attack lol. Whats sad is that 2 1/2 year old gpu is faster then X1 gpu and only 25% on average slower then the PS4 gpu.....

You really are showing how ignorant you are stating that performance per watt means nothing and that AMD has cheaper faster gpu's.... that's only because they take a loss in profit to sell them to compete with Nvidia.

You think PS4 camera isnt going to allocation gpu cycles for voice and facial recognition.... the fact is kinect reserves X1's gpu cycles to process data. PS4 is in the same boat with cpu allocation of two cores for OS and features. Voice with Facial processing needs a good chuck of processing to be viable for real time usage.

Lets not forget your 7gb claim for games with the PS4, Keep on dreaming that Sony are going to shrink the OS allocation by any major amounts. The PS4 is a much more complicated system and that has a crap load of features and abilities that are on standby and or run all the time in the background. Everything is preloaded into memory to speed things up. They are not hurting for memory like they were with the PS3 with only 256mb for system use.

we all know its weaker then PS4 and the ESRAM is patch for the memory bus for the DDR3.

With 900p it is only a 36% increase over 720p in pixel rendering, The fact that X1 is using DDR3 and the gpu has half the ROPS and has 30% less processing power of the PS4 gpu is able to stay within 60 fps average is nothing really to bash about but be in amazement that they were able to pull it off.. Showing PS4 has the superior gpu is a moot point since everyone knows that it is however while the PlayStation 4 leads the single-player campaign, the gap seems to close in multiplayer, where both platforms seem to have genuine issues sustaining 60fps.

Yeah because i haven't argue about crap you post on other thread about the PS4 which aren't mine..haha

Saying Steam Stats is hyper bole show how hypocrite you hermits are,Oh Steam is king oh Steam, is great as soon as steam say well the majority of our users have low end rigs,Oh Steams sucks is hyperbole..hahaa

Be a freaking man you claimed the difference would be nothing,you argue in favor of the xbox one GPU,when i posted charts showing how big the disparity was frame wise with GPU's of similar power,you argue that we could not compare the 7770 to to the 7850 because the xbox one didn't have a 128 bit bus,which is irrelevant basically the xbox one is ultra weak and its power is lower actually now than the 7770,even without the 10% reservation the xbox one is 30,000Gflops stronger than 7770.

The performance difference speak for it self.

So you have to upgrade already after already upgrading 2 years ago,hahaha see and hermits deny having to upgrade much,so in GPU alone in 3 years you have spend more than what the complete PS4 cost,that PC is cheap theory shows at every corner..

No the xbox one has a 10% reservation because it was build around kinect,those resources were taken apart because MS wanted a metro like UI which is also GPU accelerated,alone with a snap feature that also use GPU resources + kinect based hand gestures and other craps like that,so we have 3 main things all 3 are missing on PS4.

In fact what wakes the xbox one is not the GPU dude,is the CPU with the help of a mic,the part that process that info on xbox one is the sound block,Shapes is what handle those commands not the GPU,Bikillian of Beyond3D stated that Shapes was mostly for Kinect,and he worked on that sound block,so one again you are wrong it is shapes what handle voice commands on xbox one not the GPU,in fact what Kinect uses is GPU compute once the unit is on and your using,any hand gestures,while gaming or in the UI.

There is no problem using hand gestures on the PS4 UI because you are not playing and all the resources are available,once the console turns into game mode that change.

Hiding on memory will not save you that was what was say 7GB,it turn out it is 5GB,and once again OS will shrink again if sony needs to,it was you who claimed that more than 4 GB would never be use because stronger GPU on PC didn't have it,so if PC didn't have usage for it even less consoles and you where wrong both the xbox one and PS4 can use more than 4GB,just like i told you many times.

That is not what your ague back then,your post are there dude,you argue that ESRAM,bigger buss would help the xbox one,many times.

No is not 36% there you go again with your crappy math..lol

is 50%,and in Ghost case more than 100% pixel increase.

620 Gflops is not 30% GTFO with your fuzzy math.

So do most games on PC,oh i remember now that you believe that most people have top of the line GPU,even when you were living proof that hermit not always go for the ultra powerful and expensive GPU.

Steam Steas >>>>>>>>> you sorry ass opinion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22632 Posts

@Blabadon: my thoughts exactly...

Also, graphics debates will be horrific this gen. Sigh, they mean so little

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ronvalencia

@04dcarraher said:

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

@04dcarraher said:

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

hahaha...

No..

NVIDIA doesn't have AMD's CPU R&D expense overheads. AMD's combined CPU + GPU stack enable it to win the two console contracts.

On pure performance, ARM Cortex A15 is inferior than AMD Jaguar.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

That screen is not a bad capture it show the sacrifices the game has to do to look that way,look at the blur fog on the distance on the far left,look at the incredible encloses area,those where the sacrifices they have to make,and not all the times the enemies look good.

@mastershake575 said:

Luckily he has a GTX 760 at 1.2ghz+ so I can finally stop hearing about his 560ti (I swear I've seen 5+ threads where all you do is talk about his 560ti),

And .? He has a GPU stronger than the PS4 but weaker than several other GPU out there,is not top of the line so why bother hell he upgraded 2 years ago,and now he is upgrading again,that PC is cheap argument is starting to crumble.

Well my PS4 own the sorry ass out of his card in Compute..hahaha which is something the PS4 is even more modify to take advantage of than regular GCN.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 kingtito

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kingtito said:

LMAO Owned.

How is that owned you idiot? How could anyone bash something they've never played? NVM cows don't even have a PS much less any other game system. I forgot what a bunch of morons we're dealing with.

Cows....the retards of SWs

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

That screen is not a bad capture it show the sacrificesthe game has to do to look that way,look at the blur fog on the distance on the far left,look at the incredible encloses area,those where the sacrifices they have to make,and not all the times the enemies look good.

@mastershake575 said:

And .? He has a GPU stronger than the PS4 but weaker than several other GPU out there,is not top of the line so why bother hell he upgraded 2 years ago,and now he is upgrading again,that PC is cheap argument is starting to crumble.

Well my PS4 own the sorry ass out of his card in Compute..hahaha which is something the PS4 is even more modify to take advantage of than regular GCN.

That screen capture is no where near what the game looks like on actual TVs dumbass. You've never played the game so you have no idea what you're talking about. In fact you've probably never played any of the new gen games because you don't own any of the systems.

Only cows would critique games they've never played or seen in real life. What a pathetic bunch of losers.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By 04dcarraher

@tormentos said:

Yeah because i haven't argue about crap you post on other thread about the PS4 which aren't mine..haha

Saying Steam Stats is hyper bole show how hypocrite you hermits are,Oh Steam is king oh Steam, is great as soon as steam say well the majority of our users have low end rigs,Oh Steams sucks is hyperbole..hahaa

Be a freaking man you claimed the difference would be nothing,you argue in favor of the xbox one GPU,when i posted charts showing how big the disparity was frame wise with GPU's of similar power,you argue that we could not compare the 7770 to to the 7850 because the xbox one didn't have a 128 bit bus,which is irrelevant basically the xbox one is ultra weak and its power is lower actually now than the 7770,even without the 10% reservation the xbox one is 30,000Gflops stronger than 7770.

The performance difference speak for it self.

So you have to upgrade already after already upgrading 2 years ago,hahaha see and hermits deny having to upgrade much,so in GPU alone in 3 years you have spend more than what the complete PS4 cost,that PC is cheap theory shows at every corner..

No the xbox one has a 10% reservation because it was build around kinect,those resources were taken apart because MS wanted a metro like UI which is also GPU accelerated,alone with a snap feature that also use GPU resources + kinect based hand gestures and other craps like that,so we have 3 main things all 3 are missing on PS4.

In fact what wakes the xbox one is not the GPU dude,is the CPU with the help of a mic,the part that process that info on xbox one is the sound block,Shapes is what handle those commands not the GPU,Bikillian of Beyond3D stated that Shapes was mostly for Kinect,and he worked on that sound block,so one again you are wrong it is shapes what handle voice commands on xbox one not the GPU,in fact what Kinect uses is GPU compute once the unit is on and your using,any hand gestures,while gaming or in the UI.

There is no problem using hand gestures on the PS4 UI because you are not playing and all the resources are available,once the console turns into game mode that change.

Hiding on memory will not save you that was what was say 7GB,it turn out it is 5GB,and once again OS will shrink again if sony needs to,it was you who claimed that more than 4 GB would never be use because stronger GPU on PC didn't have it,so if PC didn't have usage for it even less consoles and you where wrong both the xbox one and PS4 can use more than 4GB,just like i told you many times.

That is not what your ague back then,your post are there dude,you argue that ESRAM,bigger buss would help the xbox one,many times.

No is not 36% there you go again with your crappy math..lol

is 50%,and in Ghost case more than 100% pixel increase.

620 Gflops is not 30% GTFO with your fuzzy math.

So do most games on PC,oh i remember now that you believe that most people have top of the line GPU,even when you were living proof that hermit not always go for the ultra powerful and expensive GPU.

Steam Steas >>>>>>>>> you sorry ass opinion.

lol, your in denial if you think just because vast amount of steam stats have steam on notebooks tablets, basic desktops and laptops means that those numbers in actuality reflective the real dedicated and enthusiast gamers specs and numbers.

OMG you really do have selective memory and a bad one at that. how many times do I or Ron have to tell you that you can not use "your" 7770 vs 7850 benchmarks to compare the X1 and PS4.... because of how cut down the 7770 is and that its architecture is not even related to the Tahiti, Pitcairn, or Bonair. While the X1 does not have the inherit flaws of the 7770, I never said there wouldn't any difference your making shit up now, what I said is that wouldn't be the massive difference as you thought there would be.

I wanted to upgrade not that I needed to upgrade big difference, and whats funny is that my $230 upgrade costs almost half of that PS4 and yet is more then 2x stronger...

the X1's reserve is used for multiple items but the majority of the 10% is for the kinect interaction processing. also you dont think there is no gpu reserve for the PS4 gpu? you be wrong and the PS4 camera will be using some of the gpu's power to enhance its processing abilities. Sony will continue to add more functions and abilities the Camera can do which means more load.

Hiding from stupid and uneducated claims about the 7gb that you suggested is not going to ease your suffering. The Sony OS +features uses 3.5gb of memory and you think that their going to shrink the OS enough to make any real difference Its the share feature, and all the preloading of data onto memory to make the console snappy is what is eating into memory Not the OS size. also there you go again with the selective and bad memory. I never said the PS4 wouldnt use more then 4gb I said and I hope this time it sinks in. I said the the GPU would not allocation more then 4gb. AKA "THE GPU NOT THE PS4"

when the ESRAM is used correctly it will help the X1 you ignoring that and just bash is not going to change that fact we all know the PS4's setup is more well rounded with a stronger gpu you really need lay off the X1 bashing because it really seems you do not have a PS4 and want one really bad so you just bash to make yourself feel better.

lol, while 720p to 900p is 50% increase in pixel amount. Going from 720p to 900p is a 36% increase in pixel rendering, 720p is 64% of the pixel count of 900p. And 720 to 1080 while it is over double the pixel count the actual pixel rendering is only 66% increase. hence 720 is 44% of the pixel count of 1080p.Its the difference of the gpu load needed to render those added pixels.

1.34 TFLOP is 72% of the processing power of 1.86 TFLOP. Even if we took the 10% reserve of the X1 and use 100% of the PS4 1.2 TFLOP vs 1.86 the X1 gpu has 64% of the tflops of the PS4 gpu.You can look at the 7850 vs 7870 and see a 800 GFLOP difference but yet only yields a 15-20% difference with similar based gpu's. On sheer FLOP numbers is not the whole picture. why the X1 is falling behind.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro:

Devs didn't have the final launch APIs until a month before hand. MS dropped the ball.

So, what was said isn't entirely untrue...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Total tosh, Xbox One graphics is good enough to run 900p 40-60fps on demanding games once they figure it out. Only difference PS4 will have is the 1080p resolution.

Is not doing it now,AC4 is 900p on xbox one and has drops under 30,the S4 one is 1080p constant 30.

Ryse is also 900p with drops as low as 16 FPS,and most of the time run between 24 to 28 FPS.

Also you people forget that the PS4 is heavily modify for compute jobs something the xbox one is not.

@blackace said:

E3 my friend. E3. Talk to some devs who aren't on Sony's payroll. I don't know what lems are saying. The XB1 at retailers is the same as the final devkits. Why do you think M$ said you will be able to use it as a devkit in the future. Cows will always believe what they want. I'll just wait for the games.

Yeah we believe you 100%..

I see tormentos is up to his usual crap-spewing. LOL!