The last really good Nintendo console was...

• 144 results
Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

http://www.listal.com/list/gamecube-games-boy6824 (view this link before replying, kthx).

Got a majority of the major 3rd party games (sports included) outside of GTA, which meant Burnout, CoD, Medal of Honor, SSX, Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, etc.

Exclusive Metal Gear Solid game

It's own exclusive (until recently) Resident Evil remaster.

Resident Evil 4 as a year long timed exclusive.

Lost Kingdoms 1/2 (from the creators of Dark Souls)

Eternal Darkness

3 exclusive Zelda games (during its gen). The Wii U can't even get one.

2 Metroid Prime games

2 Full 3D Pokemon adventure games

2 Star Fox Games

2 Pikmin games

Paper Mario 1000 Year Door

Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 - Rogue Leader

Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 - Rebel Strike

Wave Race Blue Storm

Animal Crossing

Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1/2

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Killer 7

Viewtiful Joe 1/2

Baten Kaitos 1/2 (from the creators of Xenoblade X)

Timesplitters 2/3

Fire Emblem

Tales of Symphonia

F-Zero GX

Luigi's Mansion

Soul Calibur 2 with Link as a playable character.

Every Mortal Kombat game that gen.

Every Resident Evil game before 5.

and most importantly, the last time Nintendo took experiments and risks with their games.

System had a bunch of games you can't find on PC.

Every game listed here expect the RE's can only be found on the Gamecube. Which gives it a cult status. Issue with Xbox One and PS4 literally every game can be found in better form on the PC.

It's the last time that Nintendo targeted the hardcore gamer. None of that Wii would like to play casual non gamer crap.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

SNES.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Did you just take your response from the WiiU cult classic topic and make a thread about it?

That anti-nintendo rage boner seems to still be going strong

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Game Cube

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Yep, Gamecube. Damn I loved that thing!

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brah4ever

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Console was ridiculously underrated.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib

@quadknight said:

SNES.

Too overrated

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01

@brah4ever said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sure was... similar to the original Xbox imo.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Brah4ever

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@brah4ever said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Xbox/GC was a killer combo.

Online with the Xbox and offline multi with the GC.

Loved that gen.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Gamecube

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Aren't we on a rampage today.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01

@brah4ever said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@brah4ever said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Xbox/GC was a killer combo.

Online with the Xbox and offline multi with the GC.

Loved that gen.

Yeah that was probably my fav gen... some great memories.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#13 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@lostrib said:

Did you just take your response from the WiiU cult classic topic and make a thread about it?

Again, he isn't the only one.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nintendoboy16

@brah4ever said:

http://www.listal.com/list/gamecube-games-boy6824 (view this link before replying, kthx).

and most importantly, the last time Nintendo took experiments and risks with their games.

Every game listed here expect the RE's can only be found on the Gamecube. Which gives it a cult status. Issue with Xbox One and PS4 literally every game can be found in better form on the PC.

It's the last time that Nintendo targeted the hardcore gamer. None of that Wii would like to play casual non gamer crap.

Oh boy, where else do I start with other than...

Loading Video...

First off RE4 didn't remain exclusive to the GameCube for a year. It was only exclusive for NINE months.

Second off, the GameCube did not get every Mortal Kombat game of that gen. It missed Shaolin Monks and Armageddon (the latter of which came to Wii).

Third off, no not every game you listed can only be found on the GameCube. Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe (granted these two are respectively WAY and kind of inferior to the GameCube version), Soul Calibur II (with Heihachi and Spawn), Phantasy Star and Tales of Symphonia all appeared on other consoles.

Fourth off, so Splatoon, Wii series and Star Fox Zero weren't experiments? Even if one of them failed, that doesn't make it any less of an experiment.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Gamecube- it's the best console from that gen, and actually aged well compared to the PS2 and Xbox

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Despite all the bs people say about Nintendo, there has never been a bad Nintendo console except for the virtual boy which got abandoned super fast. Every Nintendo device is utilized in their videogames and enriches the gaming experience. Just because Nintendo takes the different route to introduce new ways of gaming besides just button mashing, they are automatically looked down upon.

As a gamer, I can honestly say that everyone who thinks like that is missing out, big time. Before people call me a sheep, I own a ps4 and PC as well and cancelling something out for being different is backwards thinking.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lostrib

@nintendoboy16 said:
@lostrib said:

huh?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

I think we can all agree that the GC was Nintendo's last truly great home console.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@lostrib said:
@quadknight said:

SNES.

Too overrated

Whatever you say Hipster.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendoboy16

@lostrib said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@lostrib said:

huh?

Look at several other users here. Look at many users in NeoGAF.

And look at this YouTuber who claims to be a "lifelong Nintendo fan":

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Seriously, the guy is even so dense to realize why his views for Nintendo games comparatively SUCK to non-Nintendo games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yeah, GameCube was definitely amazing.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brah4ever

@nintendoboy16 said:
@brah4ever said:

Oh boy, where else do I start with other than...

Loading Video...

First off RE4 didn't remain exclusive to the GameCube for a year. It was only exclusive for NINE months.

Second off, the GameCube did not get every Mortal Kombat game of that gen. It missed Shaolin Monks and Armageddon (the latter of which came to Wii).

Third off, no not every game you listed can only be found on the GameCube. Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe (granted these two are respectively WAY and kind of inferior to the GameCube version), Soul Calibur II (with Heihachi and Spawn), Phantasy Star and Tales of Symphonia all appeared on other consoles.

Fourth off, so Splatoon, Wii series and Star Fox Zero weren't experiments? Even if one of them failed, that doesn't make it any less of an experiment.

You have got to be kidding me.

RE4 wasn't even announced for the PS2 when it was released on the GC and infact the game was built ground up for the GC.

Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 are more games that when announced never had PS2 versions and even then when it did come out they were worlds apart, look at the RE4 image for example.

Tales ran at solid 60 fps whereas the PS2 version was 30 FPS and uglier and didn't have coop like the GC version.

Phantasy Star Online Gamecube version was the only one with local 4 player split screen co-op and on top of that was 60 FPS, its pretty much its own game at this point.

Star Fox Zero and Splatoon are a joke compared to the experimentation Nintendo did during the GC days, Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion, 3D Adventure Pokemon games, Mario Kart Double Dash, Pikmin, Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime.

This is going to make you mad but, the Wii U is a joke compared to the Gamecube.

It's not entirely terrible but it's nowhere near as good as the SNES, Gamecube, and hell maybe even the N64 (system lacked RPGs and a lot of 3rd party but it wasn't bad overall).

Top image is GC RE4
Top image is GC RE4
Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Brah4ever

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, GameCube was definitely amazing.

This is something we can agree on.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendoboy16
@brah4ever said:

RE4 wasn't even announced for the PS2 when it was released on the GC and infact the game was built ground up for the GC.

Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 are more games that when announced never had PS2 versions and even then when it did come out they were worlds apart, look at the RE4 image for example.

Tales ran at solid 60 fps whereas the PS2 version was 30 FPS and uglier and didn't have coop like the GC version.

Phantasy Star Online Gamecube version was the only one with local 4 player split screen co-op and on top of that was 60 FPS, its pretty much its own game at this point.

Star Fox Zero and Splatoon are a joke compared to the experimentation Nintendo did during the GC days, Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion, 3D Adventure Pokemon games, Mario Kart Double Dash, Pikmin, Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime.

This is going to make you mad but, the Wii U is a joke compared to the Gamecube.

It's not entirely terrible but it's nowhere near SNES, Gamecube, and hell maybe even the N64 (system lacked RPGs and a lot of 3rd party but it wasn't bad overall).

Uh, yeah it was? X-Play even mentioned that there was going to be a PlayStation 2 version even before the GameCube version released. Hell, even afterward during a review for Battalion Wars, they said it was coming.

Because lower framerate, graphics, and belated announcements (which by the way, the PS2 and GameCube versions of Killer 7 came out around the same time) SURELY means the PlayStation 2 missed out on these games.

They were STILL experiments. Your post implied they never did experiments in later gens when that isn't true.

Did you even have a GameCube in that era? Because I have and as much as I love the GameCube as much as anyone who had the thing between '01 and 06, I still remember it all. The port announcements, the initial negative reception, doom and gloom, EVERYTHING!

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Brah4ever

@nintendoboy16 said:
@brah4ever said:

It's not entirely terrible but it's nowhere near SNES, Gamecube, and hell maybe even the N64 (system lacked RPGs and a lot of 3rd party but it wasn't bad overall).

Uh, yeah it was? X-Play even mentioned that there was going to be a PlayStation 2 version even before the GameCube version released. Hell, even afterward during a review for Battalion Wars, they said it was coming.

Because lower framerate, graphics, and belated announcements (which by the way, the PS2 and GameCube versions of Killer 7 came out around the same time) SURELY means the PlayStation 2 missed out on these games.

They were STILL experiments. Your post implied they never did experiments in later gens when that isn't true.

Did you even have a GameCube in that era? Because I have and as much as I love the GameCube as much as anyone who had the thing between '01 and 06, I still remember it all. The port announcements, the initial negative reception, doom and gloom, EVERYTHING!

I'm shocked you even watched X-play. But to not deviate from the main subject at hand, yeah I owned a GC since launch and guess what I formed my own opinions of it regardless of what anyone else said.

The crew who I hung out with were mostly Xbox and GC dudes and we loved them all (PS2 included).

#Formyourownopinions

PS2 got the very inferior version of a lot of these games and Nintendo's experimentation from a new IP and game standpoint heavily declined and this is a fact. Wii U is 90% safe sequels and you know it.

As for the Gamecube hate a lot of people were just blinded by the PS2 domination which is why when many look back they are "damn this was actually a really underrated console (same for the OG Xbox)".

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

I haven't cared about anything Nintendo has done since the SNES.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I didn't appreciate my GC enough during that generation, but it's the only console from then that I wish I still had.

GC for sure.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Brah4ever

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I didn't appreciate my GC enough during that generation, but it's the only console from then that I wish I still had.

GC for sure.

It aged the best that gen for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Gamecube didn't get enough credit for sure. I went back years later and rebuilt a small but prolific collection. There are still a ton more I would love to own, but I barely have time or money for modern games.

NUSNA_Moebius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NUSNA_Moebius
Member since 2014 • 118 Posts

The Gamecube was great because it had decent third party support and was actually a competent machine for it's generation.

In the end, the Wii and Wii U were reliant on gimmicks instead of having the legs to attract good developers and game design. From a processing hardware perspective, the Wii U is closer to what the original Wii should've been. Nintendo is unlikely to be as dense again for the NX. It's hard to believe the Wii U's CPU cores are marginally improved versions of what was in the Gamecube.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Brah4ever

@nusna_moebius said:

The Gamecube was great because it had decent third party support and was actually a competent machine for it's generation.

In the end, the Wii and Wii U were reliant on gimmicks instead of having the legs to attract good developers and game design. From a processing hardware perspective, the Wii U is closer to what the original Wii should've been. Nintendo is unlikely to be as dense again for the NX. It's hard to believe the Wii U's CPU cores are marginally improved versions of what was in the Gamecube.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#33  Edited By quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

The gamecube us my favorite console of all time, so yeah. That's my pick. I do love my Wii U too though.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendoboy16

@brah4ever said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@brah4ever said:

I'm shocked you even watched X-play. But to not deviate from the main subject at hand, yeah I owned a GC since launch and guess what I formed my own opinions of it regardless of what anyone else said.

The crew who I hung out with were mostly Xbox and GC dudes and we loved them all (PS2 included).

#Formyourownopinions

PS2 got the very inferior version of a lot of these games and Nintendo's experimentation from a new IP and game standpoint heavily declined and this is a fact. Wii U is 90% safe sequels and you know it.

As for the Gamecube hate a lot of people were just blinded by the PS2 domination which is why when many look back they are "damn this was actually a really underrated console (same for the OG Xbox)".

Dude, lot's of people watched G4 back in the days of when it was a tolerable channel and when TechTV was around. Before it became about Cops and Cheaters and became UNBEARABLE with X-Play's reviews getting even worse.

Again, it didn't matter that the PS2 got the "inferior" version of those games (I'm sure @SolidTy would have words about that), IT STILL got those games. Hell, Resident Evil 4 sold better on PS2 than it did on it's native GameCube. Look up the release dates between the GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions, it wasn't exclusive for a year.

For the record, I HAVE a GameCube still and hell, I have more games on it than I do any of my other systems. It's actually my favorite Nintendo console, but I've accepted that it wasn't all rainbows and pots of gold that gen like it was for PlayStation 2 and XBOX fans. You however are acting like it with your misinformation that I can't believe some certain users here are buying.

GameCube didn't get ANY love until after 2006, which is when the Wii launched and "hardcore" gamers bashed it to hell and back (like they did the GameCube itself between 2001 and 2006). And it made me realize that a man named Malstrom deserves WAY more credit than I initially gave him.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

GameCube was great Mario Sunshine looked so good on a small analog tv... Vibrant colors for such small cube shaped console powered by the great ATi graphics

Love it, plus the Metroid Prime TV commercial was hot.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

N64. Every home console after that has been complete and utter shit

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#37 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Nah, the Wii was and it's way better than the Gamecube.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

N64, but to be fair that was their best console as well. :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Yeah, GameCube. It was an amazing console. Wii and Wii-U can't touch its greatness.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I would say either 3DS or Wii U. I think i like Wii U better though.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@lostrib said:
@quadknight said:

SNES.

Too overrated

The best , if not , one of the best for its time both 1st and 3rd party let alone hardware wise. How or why you think is overrated let alone TOO overrated ... is beyond me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

SNES follow by Nintendo 64 cause I love Goldeneye and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron on that badass console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

NES

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Gamecube was awesome. Way better then the wii u in terms of games in just about every way

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

A GameCube appreciation thread? Awesome. GameCube is without a doubt my favorite game console of all time.

Dixonganesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dixonganesh
Member since 2016 • 129 Posts

Wiiu.... Didn't like the game cube....traded it in for an xbox

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Snes

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Gamecube was the last good Nintendo console. Not the best, or even second best... but the last good one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostrib
@AzatiS said:
@lostrib said:
@quadknight said:

SNES.

Too overrated

The best , if not , one of the best for its time both 1st and 3rd party let alone hardware wise. How or why you think is overrated let alone TOO overrated ... is beyond me.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/snes-is-overrated-33114886/

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Brah4ever

For anyone saying N64.

In what way is it better?

Almost every N64 game ran at sub 20 fps and were extremely primitive early 3D in terms of visuals and hell game design.

Even your beloved Golden Eye and Perfect Dark were bested by Time splitters which was made by the same devs, just modernized on an actually good control scheme thats not limited to 20 fps and shit graphics.

The Gamecube had literally 2x the amount of game releases than the N64, the N64 also had ZERO RPGs.

It was an important console but it's been bested in every way since that gen aged the worst. Low fps, very blocky graphics, shitty controller by today's standards whereas the GC controller is still going strong.

N64 also received very little 3rd party games, it missed a lot of the big ones where as the GC didn't.

Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 alone destroys the entire N64 lineup.

I had two N64s as well, so yeah.